Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Summary for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted People

Poster: A snowHead
@Renry, I'd be very nervous about circumnavigating the rules like that.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Renry, there are no clear rules that seem to indicate this is forbidden. Switzerland is a Schengen country and on the green list for France. Assuming you do a stop-over in CH, it should be ok assuming you're vaccinated and have completed the Sworn Statement.

Previously discussed in https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157597 and https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157624
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Surely you would have to put the UK as your point of origin which would then imply you would need a compelling reason to travel...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does anyone know if new Austria rules have kept requirement for booster to be at least 120 days after jab 2? If so I'm stuffed as both kids have has boosters with 100 day gap.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is this posting being updated to reflect the current requirements?

There haven't been any new contributions in the past 6 days.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ghost Dog wrote:
Does anyone know if new Austria rules have kept requirement for booster to be at least 120 days after jab 2? If so I'm stuffed as both kids have has boosters with 100 day gap.
This post may help https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006&start=6080#4889859
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
welshflyer wrote:
Is this posting being updated to reflect the current requirements?

There haven't been any new contributions in the past 6 days.

Suspect there will be no further updates -- It has all become far to complicated to keep up with all the changes !!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had my booster on Dec 18th, how likley is it that it's gonna cause a false positive on a PCR that I plan to do, to fly to austria on January 8th ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

had my booster on Dec 18th, how likley is it that it's gonna cause a false positive on a PCR that I plan to do, to fly to austria on January 8th ?

No chance, the vaccine does not cause false positive PCR results
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm going to Arabba on the snowHeads 18th Birthday Bash in the Italian Dolomites. snowHead snowHead

I normally purchase Travel insurance however in this time of Covid, does anyone have any recommendations about which policy to buy bearing in mind issues like flight cancellation, failing tests before travelling or pre-return, Covid hospitalisation abroad, etc?

Life used to be so simple. Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Craghopper, As with everything on SnowHeads there are several threads on any particular subject....

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157806 :: Covid Friendly Travel Insurance for Skiing?

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156081 :: The winter 21/22 insurance thread

Liverpool Victoria and Coverwise get mentioned the most
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Came across this 'advice' today on https://www.onthesnow.co.uk/news/where-can-brits-currently-go-skiing/:

'To enter Italy you’ll need to be fully vaccinated and have evidence of a negative PCR test within 48 hours of travel, or a negative antigen test within 24 hours of travel. Unvaccinated people can travel to Italy, but they’ll need to self-isolate for five days on arrival, and then will only be allowed out with proof of a negative PCR test.'

Can anybody provide a (more positive/less demanding) source of travel requirements?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No -- those are the current requirements. Rumours it may change next week
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Craghopper, I have just had a look at the Italian embassy website and it states

48 hour PCR or LFT

"Travellers arriving in Italy from the UK must: <cut>

Present a negative PCR or rapid covid test (taken through a private laboratory, not through the NHS) in the 48 hours preceding arrival in Italy. Children under age 6 are not required to take this test;"

I will check further though and come back if that is wrong

======================

Hmm - and the the Italian online checking site :: https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/index_en.html ::

"..undergo a molecular test, carried out by means of a swab and with negative result, in the 72 hours before they arrive, or an antigen test, carried out by means of a swab and with negative result, in the 24 hours before they arrive.
After a stay/transit in the United Kingdom, a molecular test must be taken in the 48 hours before you arrive (antigen test in the 24 hours before you arrive)...."

Bummer!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, thank you @albob. That clears that up!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Good to know the Italians have things well organised - as always.

On a different note I have received an email from Arabba Fodom Turismo (the coach transfer company) containing two maps of Venice MP Airport showing pedestrian routes of how to reach the coach pickup point (on the distant side on the parking area from the terminal): two different routes are shown!
ski holidays
@albob, thanks for the link, I’ve just completed my plf for next weekend, very easy to do, and doesn’t ask for the LFT reference number.
snow report
What are people's views on using self-administered LFTs (e.g. Randox) to get into Switzerland (from the UK)? There are thoughts on some other threads that these may not meet the criteria.
snow conditions
@denfinella, How would the Swiss know that the test was self-administered? - I'm sure a read a post last week where the poster said there was nothing on their certificate to indicate that the test had been self-administered :: Possibly references to 'self-administered' meant NHS self-administered not acceptable?
snow conditions
@albob, I agree. The other post may be incorrect, or it may just be an unimportant technicality. It would be good to hear from a few people who have used self-administered LFTs to enter Switzerland recently.
snow conditions
WE'RE BACK BABY. UPDATED
snow report
@bezthespaniard, excellent thanks for this thread it's really useful!
latest report
I have been trying to work out requirements for flying into Geneva, transiting through France and staying in Italy.

Is a PLF Needed for all 3 countries?

I am planning on Antigen test on the morning we fly with Excalibur, as that should meet all 3 countries rules for entry?
snow report
@bezthespaniard, Useful thread, thanks.

I wonder if the updated detail on page 1 is wrong?

It still shows that passengers transiting Geneva into France require a PCR test - I dont think this is correct and a LFT is the minimum requirement.

Cheers
ski holidays
GreenDay wrote:
@bezthespaniard, Useful thread, thanks.

I wonder if the updated detail on page 1 is wrong?

It still shows that passengers transiting Geneva into France require a PCR test - I dont think this is correct and a LFT is the minimum requirement.

Cheers

PCR test lasts 72 hours. Antigen 24.
latest report
@bezthespaniard, Erm, yes.........

Not sure your point you are making tho.

Many / Most people transiting GVA from the UK will fly in and drive or get a transfer the same day so not sure what relevance the 72 hours has?
latest report
Just relaying the rules
snow report
@bezthespaniard, Yes, but I think your interpretation is wrong !

Happy for someone to come on and confirm, but AFAIK if you are travelling into France using GVA you only need a LFT, not a PCR.

This is important for those travelling this weekend.....................
snow conditions
Yes but you could choose to take a PCR test instead of you wanted
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’ve amended it to show what you need for Switzerland and France.
latest report
Which of the "Sworn Statement" documents do we need to fill in? Because the ones in English still look wrong, and look like they are for unvaccinated people as it still has quarantine on them. The docs in French look better, but my translation skills aren't great.

FWIW I'm flying to GVA and then transit into France, do I need a UK->FRA statement or a CHF->FRA (green I guess) statement, or both? Though I guess it's unlikely I'll be asked for the documents are the border crossing.
snow report
@adspence78, Welcome to SnowHeads

My belief is that you need the 'sworn statement' under the heading 2.2 health measures (the other form no longer necessary for full vacced)

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from2

Unsure about the Swiss bit -- you could try this page to check -- https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home
latest report
Does anyone know if there is an age limit on the sworn statement? Does my 4 year old need to fill one in? Thanks.
latest report
A quick question on the LFT:
I'm flying out through Geneva to France tomorrow morning (departure time 08:55; arrivale 11:35 local (so 1035 GMT)).
I read the requirement as within 24 hours of departure (ie after 08:55 today) and did one at 09:30 and got my certificate.

Now I'm worrying because the French border might say that when I arrive at the border, it's more than 24 hours since the test and therefore not valid. Have I messed up?

(That is:

0930 GMT today - test taken
0855 GMT tomorrow - departure on Swissair flight to Geneva, landing at 1035 GMT - so I'm sure I'm fine for Switzerland
Sometime after 1035 GMT tomorrow, go through the Swiss-French border - and I'm worrying now if they'll say that the test validity will have expired)
ski holidays
@AndyCooke, 24 hours pre flight time
snow report
Phew!
snow report
mah wrote:
Does anyone know if there is an age limit on the sworn statement? Does my 4 year old need to fill one in? Thanks.

Not to worry, when I log on to my tunnel booking it isn't an option for him so I assume he doesn't need one.

Hoping the other forms get updated soon.
snow conditions
albob wrote:
@adspence78, Welcome to SnowHeads

My belief is that you need the 'sworn statement' under the heading 2.2 health measures (the other form no longer necessary for full vacced)

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from2

Unsure about the Swiss bit -- you could try this page to check -- https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home

Ah, I see that is the "Green" Sworn Statement dated Jan 6th. I guess it'll be fine, and pretty unlikely for anyone to actually ask for it anyway.

Thanks.
latest report
Not sure why the other thread was locked, it seems people have only been asked for Vaccine and test info, no other documentation - I think it would make everyone more comfortable to have this confirmed...
ski holidays
Just be aware that different countries have different regulation regarding 24hr testing times

Swiss - valid on boarding and entry
France - valid on boarding
Italy - valid on arriving
snow report
Quote:

Flying into Switzerland & transiting to France
- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCR Test taken up to 72 hours before arrival or Antigen Test, taken up to 24 hours before arrival in Switzerland

- Negative PCR or Antigen (Lateral Flow) Test, taken up to 24 hours before arrival in France

- Complete a 'Sworn Statement' available here: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

It's probably worth pointing out that the proof of negative PCR *OR* Antigen can be the same test for both Switzerland and France

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 14-01-22 12:53; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy