Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coreupt Ski's

Poster: A snowHead
Got a pair of 186 POWs, would have gone wider if they had the bigger ones in longer length.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Ross, Gone the same here, 186 Pows.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AndAnotherThing.., There's a few on TGR (& newschoolers if you hold "they look siiiick!!!" in any regard as a critical appraisal). But you won't find a lot of mainstream English language reviews.

Bear in mind they've been used on the FWT and in a lot of freestyle comps by the team and you'll have a stab at guessing they aren't just chinese matchsticks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, ah well, fingers crossed, ordered now. In the Fear v Greed decision making balance, greed won !

Just need to decide on what bindings to throw at them. I've a couple of pairs of used bindings (mid range Marker and some Salomon rental 710's (?) and the possibility of the Barons I have mounted on something else.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyone know anything about the banger? (silly name for a ski) as wondering if it would work as a good trees ski, its rockered but supposed to be a park/ freestyle ski, but is 90mm waist

Thought about the 174cm length, would be very manouverable and quick, i am used to 177cm twins, but a trad camber.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
carroz, You want to get the Dirty Fitzwilliams mainly so you shock genteel people who ask you what skis you're skiing.

More seriously I'd think the Pow would be better as a tree skibut that's just me.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
got myself some slashers, god knows what theyll perform like but the dimentions look funk enough to moi
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, Yes probably the pow's would be better, but all 176's have gone, and the longer ones are a bit too long, so i am the proud owner???????? of some bangers....for that price got to give it a go!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've also opted for some 186 POWs, can't hurt to give them a go at that price!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
One thing to keep in mind with these is the geometry - they tend to be approaching symmetrical in some models, meaning effectively that binding mount may need to be very central, which might be too far forward for the average bear. I speak from experience as was caught out by this with a pair of their proper parks skis last year - they were fully symmetrical and I haven't been able to fully get on with the mount (only so far back you can put em on a ski like that without totally messing up the ride). These ones on offer don't seem to be fully symmetrical twins so it won't be quite the same problem, but many of them seem to be heading in that direction. Just sayin (still a killer deal for some really good skis)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
barry, what model was it that you claim is fully symmetrical? as as far as I'm aware they're all just very close to symmetrical.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mag1882, claim, shmaim - it was the Colby West ProModel from couple of years ago (think i bought spring sales last year actually), a quick clicky clicky reveals the following geometry:

[165 cm] 107 / 79 / 107 mm;
[175 cm] 112 / 81 / 112 mm;
[185 cm] 116 / 83 / 116 mm; (i have the 185)

don't think any of the current offers are fully matched like this, though a few look to be pretty close, which MAY yield a similar (i.e. too-far-central/forward-mounted) result for anyone unawares and more used to the narrow point being further back/more "freeride" oriented. Not necessarily a showstopper, just a word of caution, specially if anyone is going for a mount as part of deal. Hate to have a great deal like that spoiled by a ride that just don't suit.

On the plus side I can vouch for the quality of build, really a good ski
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Lady's Rock I've ordered for my daughter are 112/89/108 so pretty close. Spyderjon is fitting the bindings though so we can discuss it and make sure it's right.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maybe we can all have a Coreupt ski snowheads meetup next season! It's funny how little user information comes up for these skis online?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
barry, Cheers for the heads up. Good to hear that the build quality is sweet. I see the Pow's are Sidecut is 128-102-125 but presumably there is a recommended boot center mark ?
snow report
AndAnotherThing.., For sure you'll get a boot centre mark, it's just that on a true symmetrical this would be perfectly in te centre of the ski, which would in turn feel a bit forward for most of us. If you think of the geometry of it then the closer the tail width value to the tip width value then the shorter the narrow section (and closer to true centre) where the mount needs to be, therefore the less room for movement fore/aft of the marked line you have as the ski starts to widen out quickly front and back. Give it plenty of measuring and lining up by eyeball before mounting and see if you might want to mount a bit back from the line (you won't be able to go too far back but probably a bit). The cool kids on some of the US forums may be able to help more with suggested mount points but they likely like em forward
snow report
Well I may have made a terrible mistake but I have bought a pair of 187 Slashers for my son with marker griffon schizo 13's. 264 euros delivered fitted and working. I reckoned the schizos would give us a bit of fore and aft. He wanted Franny Bacons - will he be disappointed?
snow report
Fifespud, if he is give him a clip round the ear, he's still getting free skis.
ski holidays
barry, Cheers, I have thought about using a more centred mount but will try and find some reading on the subject.

My current powder ski's have a 'free-ride' mount and are wider than I've ridden before. In deeper snow I didn't feel as centred as I'd like but I put it down to the ski's trying to climb out of the snow all the time.
snow report
Hmm no -one get overexcited I've had an email this morning nearly 3 days after confirmation saying my skis were sold out prior to my order and as a "goodwill gesture" offering me the chanc eto buy one of the skis they still have which I didn't want rolling eyes

Anyone get a confirmed invoice rather than an order receipt which does not represent the goods are available?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 30-04-12 10:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
bobmcstuff wrote:
Fifespud, if he is give him a clip round the ear, he's still getting free skis.

Good advice - sadly he's 6 foot 3 and I'm 5 foot 8 - he might clip me back!
snow report
fatbob, No invoice or email received here. Hopefully my order wasn't for one of the really popular models, in fact they're still shown as available on their site (some have gone). They must have had a huge response.
ski holidays
Colin B, No receipt or invoice yet either, ordered 184 Asentions Friday.......... hope they have them, decent reviews.
snow conditions
fatbob, what did you order? I've ordered Pows on Friday evening, got receipt email but no invoice yet.
ski holidays
Nnnggg... Muuust resist ordering more stuff!
latest report
Peter Ross, Slashers and Born to Drops. Actually a bit gutted as was looking forward to trying the Slashers and would have got me over the end of season hump. Have to wait til someone makes me an offer I can't refuse on Directors maybe now.
latest report
The big ones, they would have been my first choice, defeat snatched from the jaws of victory! Sad
ski holidays
I received a 'receipt' almost straight away, but I think it's an order confirmation.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob, PM Sent.
ski holidays
fatbob - what length of slashers and when did you order them exactly?
latest report
187. Order Receipt timed at 11.58 Friday (don't know if CET or BST).
latest report
I've just received an invoice for my order. My daughter will be pleased.
ski holidays
Just got the invoice for my Asentions in 184. Ordered at 1432 BST on Friday.
snow conditions
fatbob wrote:
187. Order Receipt timed at 11.58 Friday (don't know if CET or BST).

Mmm - I'm preparing for a disappointment!

Did you include bindings? Would they bump ski only orders in favour of those including bindings - he added - hopefully?
latest report
Steve Sparks, Me too, looks like theyre on there way...............yee-haa. Laughing
snow report
Got my invoice for 186 pows.
snow report
I shouldn't stay up so late...

But anyway, I've changed my mind and decided I want a pair of these skis just for messing around with at the park or off-piste without caring too much about rocks etc. I'm just looking for opinions really, but my main skis will likely be a 165cm or so piste ski/carver (probably progressor 900s) and a 188cm whitedot director. What do you reckon fits the gap nicest from coreupt? I'm thinking a 174cm Banger or 173cm Dirty Fitzwilliam so I've got something to use (more like trash) on rails. I'm concerned about kids skiing over my nice skis during lessons though, so something I can use while teaching without worrying about would be a plus, for which the Banger would be better but probably still terrible. Laughing Both have got great designs but I think I prefer the banger to the DB. I know the DB is designed for rails with those reinforced edges, but in Fernie the Banger sounds like a good option as it's better in powder.

Anyway I'm 5'10", just under 75kg and will be skiing these in Fernie for the season.

Edit: sounds like I should buy these soon as to avoid disappointment.

Edit 2: couldn't help myself, placed an order on the bangers. Hopefully they'll still have a pair in stock and I'll get the invoice soon.
ski holidays
Peter Ross wrote:
Got my invoice for 186 pows.

Ditto
snow report
DannyB01, Yeah the bangers would probably be better, softer apparently for jibbing around and honestly the thicker edges on the DBS will literally do nothing, and I also I hear its thicker in the wrong dimension. And also if you have a ski that's getting at all damaged from kids skiing over it it must be pretty poor.
snow report
The Coreupt website is doing almost as good a deal, especially if you take advantage of the "free" bindings:
http://www.coreupt.fr/buy-ski/
e.g. Birty b'tard for €275 inc bindings, and guaranteed delivery in 48 hrs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy