Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski pondering

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
DaveC, great info thanks. An instructor I was chatting to recently also spoke highly of Dynastar Contact 4x4s and preferred them to his Magnums - which he thought were a bit on the soft side. Might try to pick up a pair of these next season as a second piste ski. At the moment my "piste" skis are Head Monster 82s, which overlap too much with the Prophets. Not that they ski the same, they're much stiffer and perform better on hardpack than the Prophets. But they're not exactly a dedicated piste ski and I always choose the Prophets on a fresh snow day. So I'd rather trade them for something more piste oriented.

I will consider Prophet 115s too, but to be honest I find 100 mm under foot plenty wide enough for off-piste so I think they would be more of a compromise overall. Although I suppose if I do go down the 2 ski quiver route, they may make more sense as I'll have something else to use on piste only days.

Shortlist so far to replace my Prophet 100s:-

Line Prophet 100 (or more likely the new 9Cool
Line Prophet 115
Whitedot Preacher
Whitedot Director
DPS Wailer 105
DPS Wailer 112
Icelantic Nomad
Rossi S3
Salomon Shogun
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DaveC, while I'm headed in the opposite direction safe in the knowledge that I'll never be a proper instructor! At my weight an S3 will be the equiv of an S7 for a lot of guys. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
uktrailmonster,
I had a first outing on my newly aquired Preachers Thursday night on Grouse mt. Whilst being far from ideal conditions (night skiing on soft at the top, marbly in the middle, granular lower down - and it's not even that big!), with a slight technique adjustment they did surprisingly well and were pretty versatile/nippy and easy enough to carve for big skis. Didn't have time to get up to Whistler this weekend to really try them out, but hopefully will do soon - though if it keeps on snowing (it's stopped for now, hence the lack of desperate need to go this weekend) then I'll be unwrapping the real big guns instead Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy