Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedot Directors

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
clarky999, dunno, sounds like something I'd say Smile I think the above in DPS style wall to wall carbon would actually be my perfect daily driver for freeskiing though, the only thing that makes me want to demo a Director rather than just buy one is the short effective edge.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
exoticskis, how rude of me... thank you for that substantial review!

scotia wrote:
...Perfect for the 188 Toofy Grin

You will burn in hell, mister Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DaveC wrote:
clarky999, dunno, sounds like something I'd say Smile I think the above in DPS style wall to wall carbon would actually be my perfect daily driver for freeskiing though, the only thing that makes me want to demo a Director rather than just buy one is the short effective edge.

Since we are busy designing next years skis wink how about we have the neon-pink topsheet with the wall to wall carbon weave showing through the topsheet (guess it still needs the dot being white!) - that should satisfy the inner boy-racer in everyone (and DaveC)! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alright so I'm back in Innsbruck, but the snow's crap so I might as well go test some skis... Who should I speak t about testing Whitedots (particularly the Director) in Austria - I guess as above Mayrhofen will be the best bet? Cheers for any info/contacts.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey clarky999, you'd usually talk to me but I'm back in the Uk at the mo. If you pop into the Green Room in Mayrhofen we've got a full demo fleet there until 20 April, just drop my name and they should let you take them out! Doc

ps feel free to contact me at paul@whitedotfreeride.com
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sweet, cheers dude!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Couldn't find another thread for this... got my Directors today and initial impressions are good. The quality of Whitedot skis makes the Volkl and Noricas I have look like toy skis.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had my first serious week of skiing on my 188 Directors over half term, and I can say that they are everything I could've hoped for. I'm a fairly light guy, 5'11" and 70kg, and my previous skis were 185 Line Motherships. I was hoping that first and foremost, the Directors would be lighter and more tourable (Motherships = 5.6kg per pair, and Directors = 4.3kg), and I was not disappointed. The bonus of this was also that the ski turned out to be way more nimble than my Motherships which were battering rams! No doubt the shape of the directors contributed to this too. I ski primarily off piste and the directors performed well in everything from ridiculously horrid sastrugi and various other types of crud, to shallow pow which we were lucky enough to be skiing most of the trip. Redeemers may well have been more fun to ski if there'd been twice the depth of fresh, but in what we had the directors were awesome. I was a little concerned before the trip that the tip would be a little narrow to drive in pow, but these worries were unfounded. On piste, they took a few runs to get used to, primarily due to the short contact length, but carving turns of all sizes proved not to be a problem.

On the trip these skis took an absolute beating, and have come away with nothing more than a few scratches on base and topsheet. I look forward to skiing them for many years to come!

Testing the Directors in some optimal snow conditions...

I'd also like to note that I had them mounted with Dynafit TLT speeds using quiver killer inserts courtesy of Spyderjon. The mount was absolutely spot on, and I had no pre-release issues whatsoever, which can happen with bad Dynafit mounts. The bindings themselves have been rock solid, and have stood up to some hard skiing with a few drops, although you may take that with a pinch of salt considering that I'm not all that heavy!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seriously Chimp, thats a really SWEET photo! Glad you like the Director's, once we beefed them up and added more snap crackle and pop they're easily my favourite ski in the lineup, allways good to hear from someone enjoying our skis (just wiping a tear from my eye back here!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy