Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez/Oz en Oisans/Vaujany (Grandes Rousses) 2010-11

Poster: A snowHead
Sideshow_Bob, we are with Crystal in the Hermitage, you?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bruyeres, again with Crystal. Will have to compare notes about how fantastic/awful/whatever our relative chalets/hotels were and whether we got stung for excess baggage Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
Bruyeres, again with Crystal. Will have to compare notes about how fantastic/awful/whatever our relative chalets/hotels were and whether we got stung for excess baggage Smile

I am hoping not to get stung, when I pack my coffin bag full of boots etc Laughing Laughing Off to the airport later to do the day before check in, get a bit of an extra lie-in in the morning.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Reports back yesterday: Snow!, with good piste conditions, still very cold, the Tunnel is open with super snow conditions at the top. However big powder bumps, reported on Christmas Eve with low vis, made it a little fun.

More to follow soon, Sideshow_Bob, hope you have a great time and can update more with photo's as well. Hope you and B manage to get to ski together
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just got back this morning. Conditions were very tricky yesterday despite their being a bit of sunshine. The problem is that Wed/Thu it was warmish and there was rain as high as about 1700/1800m. Once Friday nights snow was brushed away there was nasty icy patches underneath. La Face down to Vaujany which was great when they opened it up mid-week was a long sheet of ice Saturday morning. And even coming down Les Rousses wasn't as a much fun as it had been earlier in the week. Over at Auris the slopes down from Signal De L'Homme were almost brown from halfway.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sarah, didn't know you can do day before checkin! Presume you can't drop your bags at the same time? Am risking helmets (but not boots) in hand luggage, will have to see how we get on?livetoski, thanks, will be dropping B a text shortly with details of when we're there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sideshow_Bob, yes day before check in at M'cr, think it's available at other airports too depends on airline/airport. Very good because there was noone else there, you check in all your hold bags and they issue the boarding cards. Next morning you go straight to security bypassing the scrum in the check in hall Toofy Grin No prob with any of the luggage. I did play by the rules in the end anyway but I could have had a body in the coffin bag for all the check in guy cared Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Really hoping the conditions are better than Layne had Sad The OH has just announced that if we have another NY hol with poor conditions (we had poor weather and lots of rain in LDA last year) he is never going at this time again, this is only a few weeks after he said he is never skiing at Easter again (due to slush) rolling eyes rolling eyes I am keeping my fingers crossed. This is assuming we get away without incident in the morning, the forecast is for snow and sleet here, possibly 5cm overnight, let's hope M'cr airport is on the ball.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just returned from Vaujany, although the week started out pretty good by the end of the week all the blacks apart from La Fare and Le Tunnel were closed along with a couple of blues/reds. I found the skiing quite tricky as it was icy or mogully in the afternoons. Most of the runs were great in the morning, not so great later in the afternoons though, I think there is snow forecast this week which is now much needed, but on the plus side it wasnt too busy the sun was shining, and all in all it was a great week, we have certainly had a lot worse!!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like the normal big dump in the beginning of Jan. Isn't going to materialise. Seems to be the same for most resorts. No real snow forecast for the next week either. Heading down on the 16th - a bit later than normal. Hopefully we'll get some while down there Puzzled
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mclarenpaul, it can all change very quickly man, don't despair.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A good dump planned for Sunday night....come on!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just been mailing some friends down there who normally stay for the month of Jan. They're leaving on Monday or Tuesday - 2 weeks early Sad . Hopefully th 15cm forecast for tomorrow hangs around for a bit Razz . Have been going to Oz en Oisans for the last 6 years and can't remember it being so long since some decent fresh snow.

Start praying to the snow gods snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
livetoski, Where is B staying in Oz. Heading down there on Jan 16th if the snow materialises. Otherwise might leave it for a bit, but as my wife is 7 months pregnant with our second, I'm not sure I can do it an later. Also planning to go down for a boys weekend on the 26th Jan. Normally do around 5 trips a year as we have an apartment there, but with current situation looks like only 2 this year and early. Looks like I'm gonna luck out on the best conditions, but you never know. Trying not to get too excited when snow-forecast.com predict a big dump, but with experience, I know this often disappears the closer you get to the date. 1 big powder day will make my season, well, 2 would be better- 1 for the board and 1 for the planks.

Come on snow!!!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm heading back out to Oz on 17th, I'm afraid conditions when we left last Monday were really not inspiring, hard piste conditions everywhere and nothing off piste to speak of. A decent dump to freshen things up at the very least is needed and any thoughts of straying further afield will have to wait until February I guess.
latest report
Hi Nick D, are you a regular in the potee? Might see you next week.
snow conditions
Bjorn_again_Daehlie, B is staying/working with Chilled mountain this season they are only about 50m from the lift in Oz, the reports back are that more snow is needed, he was even taking his old skis out rather than the new Movement Sluffs whch speaks for itself!!
latest report
Hi livetoski, I know chilled mountain. Is your son working there? Spoke to a couple last year who were working there - looks like nice chalets.
ski holidays
livetoski, was it your son who was out in Serre Che last season, at the Grand Aigle?
latest report
Bjorn_again_Daehlie, yep, he is there with his GF, CM have two chalets, the other couple were there last season.

Chasseur, nope my lad was in Les Arc last season
snow report
Just got a text saying its dumping down in Oz
snow conditions
Look at the pic on the solo skiers section and the trip report to alpe d huez, 8-10cm reported and there is a picture as well!!!
snow conditions

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Cool Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Bjorn_again_Daehlie, yep, have been known to frequent the place!! Not quite the same this season without Angelique front of house but I guess we'll be in there most nights, flaming Jäger trains anyone?! Been snowing all day apparently, that's better news!
latest report
Hi Nick D, I think we might have met in there a few times and I think a few of your mates might have stayed in our apartment one time during a boys weekend through RH.

Snow's looking good with more due tomorrow. I have some friends there who were planning to cut their trip 2 weeks short due to the bad conditions. Maybe they'll have changed their minds when they woke up this morning.

Hopefully the warm weather forecast for later in the week won't damage the new snow too much Happy
snow report
livetoski, apologies - getting my wires crossed.
ski holidays
admin reports in another thread from ADH.

Quote:
as expected, it's brilliant today! Lots of new snow everywhere. Sun just starting to come out now
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Webcams look fab this morning, heard from my ski instructor that there's plenty of new snow, so should be good for next week. I cannot contain my excitement, I am sooooo excited!!!
Clare
xx
latest report
I'm with you Clare_M. Mood has changed considerably last week. Just need to see how well the snow bears up after a few days of warm weather. Due to get cold again next week, so hopefully will hold until then and next week will be good. I heard the snow lower down was quite wet when falling on Sunday, but I expect that'll have improved with the snow on Tuesday. Can't wait Madeye-Smiley . Some fresh stuff next week would round it off.
snow report
Bjorn_again_Daehlie, seen some pics today of lower Poutran/Olmetoff piste the snow is a good foot or more of what looks like light powder! Think it'll be ok.
snow conditions
Cheers Nick D, see you next week in the Potee.
snow report
couple more in the snowpark ta photobreton wink
latest report
Bjorn_again_Daehlie, Cheers, will try and drag(!) RH down there one night!
snow conditions
Sideshow_Bob,

Bob how did you get on at Les Bruyeres? I'm staying there next week.
snow conditions
OK I have just heard that my lad, pictured above, thought yesterday he was jumping off a small drop and ended up doing about a 50 foot cliff Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

If anyone sees him tell him to look before he leaps, apparently the drop/fall was good entertainment for people on the DMC lift.
latest report
he should be careful - there are some nasty cliffs where you least expect the around there. guess he's learnt his lesson though!
ski holidays
Arno, yep agreed, today he says it was 75 at least landed it and skied away, Oh the joys of youth

Come on someone on the DMC must have seen it surely wink wink Laughing

snow report today not too good, wet snow lower down, Ok over 2700m
ski holidays
Driving down to Oz tomorrow morning. Will be good to be back. Hopefully some fresh snow will fall at some point during the week.
ski holidays
No money reward for me in this, Promise

My son tells me that http://www.chilledmountain.co.uk/ have some really great special offers for dates in Jan and Feb.

I can assure you that my lads food is really great, he is one of the few young chefs ever to to get compliments from Raymond Blanc, and he was still training then at the Lemon Tree in Oxford, some 6 years ago(4 rosettes), LOL he was only 15, rest of the chefs there were well pi888ed off.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy