Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez/Oz en Oisans/Vaujany (Grandes Rousses) 2010-11

Poster: A snowHead
The resort opens on December 4th (DMC and Livre Blanc lifts opened last Sunday) and I don't believe there's a thread started yet so here it is...
http://www.alpedhueznet.com have posted their first report of the conditions:
http://www.alpedhueznet.com/snow_report.php
30cm at 1850m and 45cm at 3330m
Here's the webcam from the main gondola:

Only 7 weeks to go snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We're going on the 15th, and I look at this link everyday.

http://alpedhuez.livecam360.com/signal/flash/main.php

I don't think there will be a lack of snow, but a few more dumps would be nice.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks nice today!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
dave_m, thanks for the link Very Happy

We're going on the 6th Jan, and I can't wait.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dave_m, great link thanks. We're off for Feb half term, still seems a long way away!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We should be there 2 weeks today, will be reporting back as usual! snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Josef K, sorry to be pedantic but that webcams of the Bergers side of town and must be situated on a residence, possibly P&V not a lift.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick D, I'm sure you're right - it'll be my first visit to ADH. Never even been there in the summer with the bike.

Second report from Alpedhueznet.com sounds superb:
"Well, what a week it has been here in Alpe d’Huez. Another metre of snow has fallen since my last report. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday brought almost constant snowfall and the wind has been very low, which means conditions are almost perfect. Many seasonnaires have been claiming this to be the best start to a season in a long time, and is certainly the best one in my 7 winters in the Southern Alps. As predicted, it has been very cold. Very, very cold."
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Josef K, Sounds great! can't wait to get amongst it!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A whole day of rain at the Alpe yesterday apparently. Lower slopes are slushy but plenty of time for conditons to improve for early venturers.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Josef K, good stuff starting up the report, my lad arrived there Sunday for the season he is based in Oz, he is not liking the rain Sad Sad when I spoke to him earlier tonight, but the forecast seems to look better for the end of the week

dave_m, +1 for the webcam my second screen every morning for this season Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is looking over to the Grandes Rousses yesterday

The conditions are not bad above 1600m, certainly better than this time last year.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Talking of a huge dump of snow on Thursay evening. Fingers crossed!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Friends arrived in Oz for the season this weekend and described conditions as icy and bare, in fact as bad as they've seen in 15 years at this time of year. Plenty of time yet, Thursdays big dump sounds promising, roads clear by Sunday evening would be nice!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Off to Oz on the 16th of Jan and have been checking the excellent new web cams everyday!

http://alpedhuez.livecam360.com/3060/flash/main.php

http://alpedhuez.livecam360.com/signal/flash/main.php
snow report
damosuzukio, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
latest report
Nick D, Have been here since Sunday and yes it is a bit bare. If this was my only week skiing I would probably be a bit disappointed but I think you have to be realistic, this is only the second week of opening. Bonus s that there are very few people about. I think snow is forecast for Friday, Monday and Tuesday so it should be good for Christmas hopefully.
latest report
We are of to Oz for a week this Saturday. From what I can make out there was a some really good snow early doors but then it rained up to 2000m ish. But forecast is for snow dump tonight and a little more over the weekend with low temps so looks optimistic http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/OzEnOisans/6day/top
latest report
In AdH between 27th Dec and 3rd Jan with batman_123. Let me know if anyone else is out there around that time and fancies hitting some of the good off-piste routes. Don't think there's going to be enough snow/base for some of the more impressive couloirs so may have to wait another year before ticking of the Cheminees Crying or Very sad
latest report
I was in Alp D'Huez for NY last year. Great skiing but if anyone is looking to stay at Hotel Royal Ours Blanc best avoided. I would never stay there again! Amoungst a number of issues the main one was I upgraded to a premier room package with a bath tub/jacuzzi (it was the first time my girlfriend had been skiing so I wanted it to all go well wink ) but of course on arrival the room was standard and the hotel denied any knowledge of a Bath Jazucci. Within a few days all the guests sussed that we'd all done this with some guests actually having a bath jacuzzi but they didn't work!. I still haven't finalised my dispute with the tour operator on this.

That aside the resort was great.
snow report
Sideshow_Bob, if you have transport you might try to get in touch with occasional poster on here bad_roo - think he's in La Grave at about that time
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob, my lad is in OZ for the season if you IM your details I can put you two in touch
ski holidays
Very snowy today apparently, chains needed to get up to Oz! snowHead
snow report
Arno, it's a TO trip so no transport at present, plus batman_123 is worried I'd abandon her and go off with bad_roo and kill myself. Don't get me wrong, she's up to scratch skiing wise but probably a bit more sensible than me when it comes to the insane stuff. That being said, one of her stated aims is to ski Corbett's within the next five years so I think she needs practice Smile livetoski, will pm you my number/email address, thanks.
snow conditions
Sideshow_Bob, no problem, I will send his contact details.

I have just heard that today was a super knee deep powder day, huge smiles and lots of big, fast off piste runs. My lad B says he feels like a kid in a sweetie shop Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

All kidding apart a great day on the slopes even the pistes had boot deep powder

PS Its still snowing
ski holidays
The web cam didn't look like there had been too much snow today.

Nice to hear it has snowed though.
latest report
Well I'm off to Vaujany on the 27th!! Cant wait, all looking good thanks to the snow this week! snowHead
ski holidays
Report just in Snowpark Open and snow is holding up well pics to follow Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saturday was just perfect - untracked runs, blue skies, empty lifts.
snow conditions
FranzKlammer, Florian, is that you? Or are you a different FranzKlammer from the one on TGR?
ski holidays
Quote:

untracked runs, blue skies, empty lifts

snow report
Oh and big smiles from my lad, where is my green smiley button again!!
latest report
does anyone know who was taking photo's at the snowpark today? they looked quite official (big camera outfit etc) , my lad "B" pulled a big 720 and is depserate to find the snapper
ski holidays
livetoski, is it not the photo shop down the steps behind the ice rink, I know for the last few years they have been doing stuff on the [parks and at the bottom of hte nursery slo[pes Smile

Off to ADH again on the 22nd January if anyone else is there at the same time and fancies a pint Smile
snow conditions
Curtains, just got a link through from them its on photobreton.com , will have to try and do a deal with him he's wanting mega euro per pic Shocked Shocked
snow report
Curtains, just grabbed one photo from Breton, all copy right to them of course they took the photo regardless of all the sponsered gear in the photo

latest report
livetoski, awesome photo! I can't wait to start playing in parks....*dreams optimistically*
snow report
livetoski, you should get movement to pay for it!
ski holidays
Any update? We are out on Monday, Merry Christmas snowHead
snow report
sarah, where're you staying? Am out there on Monday too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy