Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet hand luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hurtle wrote:
GrahamN, fantastic. Can someone make that answer a stickie? Actually, your answer has turned this whole thread into a useful stickie. God willing, we could be spared further 'boots in hand luggage' threads. Very Happy

There is a sticky "Airport facilities/policies" - could this be copied there please.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
About 2 weeks ago I went EZY from Manchester T3 to Geneva.
On the way out (from Manch) they were being REALLY strict about the rules. Of course people were arguing with the ground staff but everyone who was even slightly over had to pay.
If it didn't go "easily" into the metal cage thingy then that was it. Pay up or leave it.
As I had only a small rucksack with a laptop in it was more interest than anything else.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'va had a couple of problems at Birmingham with BMI Baby. The first time it was the check-in staff who forced me to put my boot bag in hold luggage (and charged me for it). The second time I managed to get past the check-in only to be stopped at security. Security claimed that it was policy in all UK and European airports (Obviously a load of dangly bits)

Turin, Bergamo, Geneva no problems in recent years.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does anyone out there find the phrase "a load of bo**@cks" offensive. I've just been censored for using it (it was replaced by "Dangley bits)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jzBun, automatic filter feature on snowheads, try saying lady's front bottom wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Does anyone out there find the phrase "a load of bo**@cks" offensive. I've just been censored for using it (it was replaced by "Dangley bits)

There's a restaurant in Tignes called (in full to avoid censorship) Le Petit Savoyard. I tried recommending it on here by its name as shown on the sign outside the premises - ie "Le P't!t Savoyard" but it was changed to the ridiculous "Le P'boobySavoyard" because the system is filtered to amend the shocking word t!t........Rather frustrating Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Airports I've taken them in hand baggage with no problem have been:
(2008/9)
LHR
LGW
Geneva
Munich
Zurich
Olso
Tromso
(previous years)
Lyon
Innsbruck
Turin
Luton
Stansted

I can add Birmingham, East Midlands, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Chambery, Madrid, Amsterdam, Friedrichshafen, Bergamo, Denver, Minneapolis, Memphis, Salt Lake City, Santiago, Temuco, Toronto, Calgary, Kelowna, Jackson, Gunnison and Montrose from recent years - where ski boots were happily accepted in hand luggage.

We've learned our lesson after having luggage delayed over 15 times on ski trips - ranging from skis to boots to everything!! Shocked It's been so bad over the years that we regard it as a bonus when our luggage turns up on long haul trips which (from where we live) can end up as 3 flights.

Needless to say the ski boots and skiwear go with us in the hand luggage every time these days! wink

Mountainaddict will probably be along soon to add a few more (obscure skiing) destinations....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year I tried to take my ski boots as hand luggage easy jet Edinburgh to geneva. the lady wouldn`t allow me Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad most frustrating................................especially when boarding a gentleman passed me with his ski boots as hand luggage rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy