Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Manchester - Chill Factor e

Poster: A snowHead
JP, I was trying to book a few days in advance for an early Wednseday morning slot but it wasn't an option. For that I would have to ring up.

Butterfly, That does seem the obvious way to set it out Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kristof, Just accessed the site now and it would have let me book for 0730 next Wednesday if I wanted to. Don't know why you had a problem unless the session was fully booked already?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JP, hmm, I guess I have no patience. If you wait 5-10 seconds for the browser to refresh it updates the times (i'm sure I waited longer than this the times I've tried it before). If you choose a Wednesday you get the option from 07.30. Guess this is something to feedback in terms of poor application performance as I would expect it to start to update the field almost instantly.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone know what nights they put the moguls in at chill factore, I had an e-mail off them about it, but I deleted it and strangely the website mentions everything else except the moguls evenings!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The moguls are up monday to friday.
You used to have to wear helmets but they changed the rules so now you don't have too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
woody911 wrote:
The moguls are up monday to friday.
You used to have to wear helmets but they changed the rules so now you don't have too.
Thanks for that
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
woody911, What do they do? Stick them down one half of the slope?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How'd they build the moguls? How big are they? Icy or soft?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
magic_hat, Sideshow_Bob, They are usually on the left side going down and are basically just mounds of snow from the piste about 30cm high at a guess.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
They have not been too bad really think they are making them by trial and error the 1st week they were too far apart, the 2nd week they were really good then last week they were really close together. Haven't been today so don't know what this weeks are like. I'll wait and look forward to getting into them later in the week. They are well worth a visit.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chrisss wrote:
wrote: The place has been open for a while now - have regulars worked out a "good" time to go? I'm guessing half-term wasn't the week to go... Fortunately I should be able to go off-peak so at least it'll be cheaper. Is it really "not-peak"?
I called in there yesterday at 18:30 (although not to ski), the slope was very quiet. No queues. For today at 18:00, for 1hr 30 mins cost reports £15.40 which is supposidly peak time.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does anyone know if they plan to reduce he rates for lessons over the summer? I fancy a go at boarding - Tamworth and xscape reduce the rates around June I think?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
New website now up:

http://www.chillfactore.com/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scottland wrote:
Does anyone know if they plan to reduce he rates for lessons over the summer? I fancy a go at boarding - Tamworth and xscape reduce the rates around June I think?

Don't know about the lessons, but slope time is considerably more expensive at Xscape than CF.

So maybe Xscape might need to think about reducing prices for slope time.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scottland, Doesn't mention any reduced prices for summer. Wish they offered 1 hour recreational sessions for a reduced price, 1 1/2 hours is a long time to go up and down when there is little or no waiting time at the bottom. We left with time still outstanding on our lift passes, boredom just got too much, even with perfect snow and an empty slope! Confused
latest report
sharon1953,

Know what you mean but minimum slope time is 2 hours at Xscape
ski holidays
Kel, Castleford sessions are hourly, they do 1 hour for £21 peak, £16 off peak, so yes, Chill is cheaper, just don't need 1 1/2 hours!
snow report
I stand corrected, sure it used to be 2 hours min at Castleford. But agree even 1 1/2 hours is too long, there's only so much you can do on a 180 metre slope that has the moguls fenced off, because most people there couldn't ski them, but would have to try.

Thought I would be going loads as its only 1/2 hour away for me, but I really cannot be bothered. OK for someone to learn on, but that is about it.
snow conditions
What do people think of the new website?
ski holidays
It's getting better but I think that it still has some work required.
snow conditions
JP, what in particular?
ski holidays
beanie1 wrote:

a damn site better than before mate.

personally i'd like to see more photos and video, maybe even a live webcam ?
ski holidays
beanie1, Why no gallery... they should be showing the place off... a link to a youtube video would do it.... Toofy Grin or as Royal, says, a live webcam, but then you would probably be into data protection issues as people would be recognisable. At least the writing is straight, and it works quickly - so 8/10 for effort!!
snow report
beanie1, The website is better, I can now read something other than a message inviting me to download a flash plugin.

I can't say that I'm tempted to spend £50 on a race training session though.
snow conditions
beanie1, Perhaps you can answer a question. Some friends of ours (total beginners) took a course of lessons at Chillfactore, Christmas/New year 07/08, then went skiing in France. Their comments on their return were "we would have been better spending the money on ski school in France, it would have been cheaper, and we would have got more done due to the smaller classes...there were so many in our class at Chillfactore that we got very little one to one attention, and spent most of our time standing about...". They felt they got so little from their group course that they had 3 private lessons as a top up before they went. Does Chillfactore have a maximum per group class?
latest report
sharon1953, yes they do, i think it's 10 for group courses, 12 for tasters (but don't quote me!). That's no more than most Alpine ski schools. If your friends had smaller groups in France they must have been very lucky, particularly if they were there peak season.
latest report
Is it just me or is booking on the web site not possible. I go to the booking section top right button from the main page. Chose my time and date go to press the button nothing happens? All that on Explorer 6. If I cancel out then I can't go back in at all.

So I try my opera browser I can't even choose the time on that one?

Surely not beyond the wit of man to set up a proper booking page...or maybe its just me.
snow conditions
beanie1, I notice that the website makes no mention that there is going to be a race on Sunday - do you know if they are warning people when they book? I realise they will still only let in an appropriate number of people for the available slope but I'm sure some people might be a bit annoyed to find half of the slope closed off for a race and 150 racers and all associated parents etc swarming all over the building!! And on the other side of the coin if it was mentioned on the website some people might have been interested to pop in and watch.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oops, also meant to say the new website is much better than the old one! Very Happy
booking seems to work OK for me - well, I did a test run so didn't actually do payment etc but it worked fine up until then.
snow report
beanie1, perhaps the fact that the lessons are longer when in a group in the resort, balances out the numbers in the class!
latest report
beanie1 wrote:

Can't access it at work, crashes my browser. To be fair, the old website did this also Neh Neh
snow conditions
Scottland wrote:
beanie1 wrote:

Can't access it at work, crashes my browser. To be fair, the old website did this also Neh Neh

Works fine for me on IE7?
snow report
beanie1 wrote:

Vast improvement - most boxes ticked now!

I'd echo others though in saying that it could do with photo and video galleries - at the moment there's not much that shows people exactly how the slope looks and the other areas -with that I might even be tempted to visit in the summer if I'm passing, now that the major teething problems seem to have been ironed out.

One thing that'll make me hesitate taking the family any time soon though is that they don't do ski lessons for kids at the age of 4 - Tamworth do!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 25-04-08 17:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
roga, They start at 3 in the Alps!!
snow report
Website seems very slow for booking. Works eventually but takes far too long. Using IE7.
snow report
sharon1953 wrote:
roga, They start at 3 in the Alps!!

Yup!
snow report
roga, they do actually, I know the website is a bit misleading... (it has been pointed out!). Kids Club starts at 4 and kids privates start at 3 (i think).
snow report
beanie1, it says on the website that kids club starts at 6 not 4
ski holidays
^ indeed it does, that's why I was under the impression my 4 year old would be unable to ski there.

If it is a mistake they really ought to change it!
snow report
nbt, on the price list it says kids club 4 - 15. On the section about children it just says 6.

You're right it's hugely confusing and I've pointed it out!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy