Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Manchester - Chill Factor e

Poster: A snowHead
Whats the current state of things with the development.

Is there a web site specificaly for it as I cant find anything?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 1-10-07 7:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Renry, probably because you got the name wrong! It's Chill Factor e.

www.chillfactore.com

There's also a group on Facebook where I've posted a few pics:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4088883538

Construction is progressing well - shops are now fitting out, they're cooling the ski box and on track to open as planned early November.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Renry, Its Chill Factore, dont no about progress, drove past earlier and the external cladding is 100% complete, although this should be expected ( completion november 07) no idea on the internal fit out. There maybe a build programme or something on there website.

snowHead

http://www.chillfactore.com/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What's the big open pipe in the middle?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A luge!!! It will be covered in ice. I think it looks terrifying!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I wish they'd update the gallery pictures - seems like ages since the last new ones were put up!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I do have a few more recent pics but they're at work. I'll try and put them up in the Facebook group this week.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks beanie1, I was meaning the official site rather than being critical of you but it'd be cool to see how it's shaping up on Facebook.

BTW do you know when the opening date is, I've just heard November but no actual date.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
roga,

Yeah, i guessed that, but i don't maintain that website! They are having a new website built at the moment, whihc probably explains why it's not too up to date. Plus the construction is moving so quickly the site changes on an almost daily basis - I don't think those pics are actually more than a couple of weeks old.

I don't think there is an official date yet, as who knows what spanners might get thrown in works at last minute! However, it should be early November, as opposed to mid or late.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
beanie1, Thanks for that.

One thing that I like is the mountain artwork down the slope, better then the plain white walls at Castleford.

Looks good,

Any idea on possible charges for slope time
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can feel another snowHeads meet coming on!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Similar to Xscape, but standard session 1.5 hrs rather than 1. Can also buy membership which will give you a discount whenever you go, and work out cheaper if you are a regular. Not really my place to quote numbers, but I'm sure they'll tell you if you give them a call!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
beanie1, will it open on the day you move to London? Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar,

Pretty much!! Can't tell you how p'd off i am, talk about bad timing!! Now i just need one to be built south of London...

I will defnitely be a regular visitor back up north though i think!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
beanie1 wrote:
rob@rar,

Pretty much!! Can't tell you how p'd off i am, talk about bad timing!! Now i just need one to be built south of London...

I will defnitely be a regular visitor back up north though i think!

Fate is a terrible thing! I hope Hemel works out well after its rebuilt, in which case I hope to be a regular there, but in the meantime you can always 'enjoy' the plastic slopes dotted around London Smile
snow conditions
I've added a few more pics to the Facebook group. They're not very good ones though I'm afraid! And also about 3 weeks old... I'll try and get some new ones this week.
ski holidays
beanie1 wrote:
I've added a few more pics to the Facebook group.

any chance of posting them somewhere other than facebook?
snow report
sure - but i'll have to do it later as i'm meant to be revising today! Confused
ski holidays
are these snow dome things worth a long drive to have a go?
snow report
nick0861,

Depends on what you intend to achieve. If you're a beginner and want a few lessons before a holiday, then yes definitely. If you're already a pretty good skier you may get bored fairly quickly, unless you're there for a specific purpose, eg race training, or freestyle.

If you've never been i'd go once just to have a look. Chill Factor e will be better than those already exisiting in the UK, as the aim is for it to be a leisure destination in it's own right - whereas Xscape is just snow tacked on the back of a fairly poor shopping mall. We have some great shops (all direcetly related to snow / outdoor sports) and restaurants at CFe, with terraces overlooking the slope.
latest report
Right, prices - £22 for 1.5 hours recreational skiing at peak time. This is the same as Xcape charge for 1 hour, AFIA. Membership (which I believe is £100 per annum) gives you 30% off everything, at all times, including lessons.
snow conditions
beanie1, any idea of off-peak prices?
snow report
rob@rar,

£17 for 1.5 hours, off-peak is Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm, i believe. Don't quote me on any of this though!
snow report
beanie1 wrote:
rob@rar,

£17 for 1.5 hours, off-peak is Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm, i believe. Don't quote me on any of this though!

Thanks (he said quoting you Wink), £17 for 90 minutes is a much more tempting price than £16 for 60 minutes that Milton Keynes charges.
snow report
Anyone got Andy Lockerbie's email? I need to drop him a line re Chill Factore! If you could PM it to me please, that would be appreciated.
snow report
beanie1 wrote:
roga,

Yeah, i guessed that, but i don't maintain that website! They are having a new website built at the moment, whihc probably explains why it's not too up to date. Plus the construction is moving so quickly the site changes on an almost daily basis - I don't think those pics are actually more than a couple of weeks old.

Yeah I think you're right about them being only a couple of weeks old but I'm keen to see how things are progressing so a wee bit impatient I guess Toofy Grin
Quote:
I don't think there is an official date yet, as who knows what spanners might get thrown in works at last minute! However, it should be early November, as opposed to mid or late.

I'll have to keep an eye open for the official opening date - any idea if there are any offers or promotions planned?
beanie1 wrote:
I've added a few more pics to the Facebook group.

Cool, thanks for that Very Happy
Quote:
They're not very good ones though I'm afraid! And also about 3 weeks old... I'll try and get some new ones this week.

That'd be great - and do tell 'em to get on with updating their site Wink
ski holidays
roga,

I'm on site tomorrow, will try and take some pics if i get a chance!

Are you planning to travel up from Bristol to make use of it?
snow report
beanie1 wrote:
roga,

I'm on site tomorrow, will try and take some pics if i get a chance!

Great stuff Very Happy
Quote:
Are you planning to travel up from Bristol to make use of it?

I'm thinking of making a weekend of it with family in November and stay overnight Friday/Saturday. We've got friends/family in the area so it's a good excuse to see them too. It's only apparently about two and a half hours drive from here so not too bad really and I'm curious to see it. It'll be a one-off I guess but I'm up for anything new, especially if it's snowsports related snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I rang Chill Factor E on Friday last week, it is going to open for sliding on the 10th of November and as beanie1 said, it shall be £22 for 90 minutes at peak times and £17 off peak(Mon - Fri 08:00 to 18:00).

A few from Southport are thinking of going on the opening day, but it will probably be rammed full, so will probably leave a few days before going.
Then again come the 9th of November i will be chomping at the bit to get down there!
ski holidays
rich., welcome to snowheads

Wonder if the "off peak" rates apply if you start or finish before 6pm?

A quick call reveals that the official date is not yet set, although they are aiming for 10th november - and the chap who knows the pricing details is out doing a promo so I can't confirm yet...
ski holidays
nbt, thanks for the welcome,
i hope it is the 10th and it dosen't start getting pushed back, i am itching to get down there....i need a fix and i don't want dendex!
snow report
There isn't an official date yet, but it will be early November.

nbt,

I don't know for sure, but I expect it's if you finish, or they'll have some cut off point - as I'm sure 5.55 to 7.25 will be a very "peak" time! I'll try and find out!

roga,

I took my camera on site today, but after only 3 pics the battery packed up!! I will post the ones i did get, and try and take some more next week!

Looking good today though - the cobbled street is going down, and all but 2 of the retail and leisure units have started their shop fits. The "ski box" is now well below -1 celsius, and they are icing up (or whatever the technical words are!) the luge. Apprently you travel at 6m per second on it!!
latest report
a couple of new pics posted.
snow conditions
rich. wrote:
I rang Chill Factor E on Friday last week, it is going to open for sliding on the 10th of November and as beanie1 said, it shall be £22 for 90 minutes at peak times and £17 off peak(Mon - Fri 08:00 to 18:00).

A few from Southport are thinking of going on the opening day, but it will probably be rammed full, so will probably leave a few days before going.
Then again come the 9th of November i will be chomping at the bit to get down there!

When Castleford first opened I think they had what was called a 'soft opening' where they were I believe taking punters a few days before the advertised opening date, totally unpublicised. Presumably so the staff can get aquainted with the whole set up and prevent negative publicity on the grand opening day. I would suggest if you are local turn up a few days before and ask about, they might let you in wink
snow conditions
Ha ha, funny you should mention that... They haven't decided how they're gonna work it yet.
snow conditions
beanie1, thanks for the new photos Very Happy

Is it getting cold in there now and when do they actually start making the snow?
latest report
roga,

It's very cold in there now - several degrees below freezing. I felt sorry for the guys in there working on the ice luge! Before they make the snow they make a layer of ice which they haven't started doing yet, but i think they have tested the snow makers as there was a "dusting" when I was looking through the window on Weds.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 3-09-08 19:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
wrongsideof30, thanks for the tip, its only down the road, so it is worth a try.
If you don't ask, you don't get.
snow report
beanie1 wrote:
roga,

Did you get in quick? Cos I took them off again! There is a new rule against non-essential viewings, so there is a big "wow" factor when it opens - so I figure that means no more pics until it's open, sorry!!

Not sure that I saw them all but someone posted at least some of them on the SCGB site which I happened upon by chance (being a skier, rather than a boarder) - bit naughty of them I guess but I wasn't complaining...
Quote:
It's very cold in there now - several degrees below freezing. I felt sorry for the guys in there working on the ice luge! Before they make the snow they make a layer of ice which they haven't started doing yet, but i think they have tested the snow makers as there was a "dusting" when I was looking through the window on Weds.

Sounds exciting - all gearing up then snowHead
ski holidays
Watch Granada News today, should be on!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy