Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2022/2023

Poster: A snowHead
Man that looks wintery already @BobinCH, have a great season sir!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
8611 wrote:
Man that looks wintery already @BobinCH, have a great season sir!

Thanks, fingers crossed it’s a snowy one!!!

Sunny but colder on Sunday. Morning Attelas fast laps to burn those thighs and in the afternoon skins on for a look a bit higher up just below Col des Gentianes. Mountains looking splendid

Sun too strong for the Savoleyres side

http://youtube.com/v/2rK7QeBXiuE

A fluffy 40cm up here. Alas we weren’t the only ones with that idea snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/jAU-xPEr5oo
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Keep your eyes on this webcam. Looks like another 30-40cm coming this week and then a bluebird weekend. Happy snowvember!
https://www.teleport.io/view?feedId=zrrxhkayanlbdg8zudsm&view=full
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@BobinCH, pop up and clear the left hand side would you Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow reported in Le Chable today too - fingers crossed that temperatures remain low!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They are doing the opening day free train / lift pass if you wear a Santa outfit deal again this year. You need to book it in advance and half the tickets have already gone so if you’re interested sign up here:
https://verbier4vallees.ch/en/experiences-in-verbier/events/opening-session_event_1189
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nendaz (Siviez -> Plan de Fou really) opening at the weekend
https://www.nendaz.ch/fr/A1395/la-saison-de-ski-debute
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cracking morning lapping Lac des Vaux pow runs

Lac 2 and James Blunt opened today

The boy first run after broken arm. Lucky his mother wasn’t there Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/Egl5qw4waLw

http://youtube.com/v/WJvdQgRyzZw
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Attelas side pretty good too
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another 10-15 overnight and this morning. Looks like the last snow for a while
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just looking at accom now for a 4 night break 2 folk in one room, Hotel Bristol is 215.00 CHF nightly, Rotunde is 260 CHF.

Assume that's about right for Verbier??

Looking at Hotel du Giétroz in Chable and it says Double room: from CHF 120.– to CHF 160.

So quite a bit cheaper in Chable, it's one lift up/down into Verbier which I understand runs quite late? Is that correct? How long does it take to get up to Verbier in the morning on the Châble-Verbier” cable car?

Cheers,

Greg
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Le Châble-Verbier cable car publicity from Téléverbier says the link is open 05:15 to 23:50. My experience is that it only takes 15 minutes or so to ascend, plus it drops you off right inside the Médran building. It could actually be as quick/quicker compared to some parts of Verbier where you'd have to wait for a bus and then queue to get into Médran. I see the Giétroz is about 200m from the télécabine which is a bit of a clomp but not that far. Mind you, the Bristol and Rotunde are a similar distance down a hill from Médran.

A big advantage of basing yourself in Le Châble is that you really shouldn't need a car: the train from GVA will go direct to Martigny and then a local train to Le Châble. Coming back, I always find it far easier (for the driver anyway) to take the train.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 29-11-22 11:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@LaForet, thanks! Car hire already booked, but cancellable!! How much is the train/how long does it take? Not arriving on Sun 22nd until 20:45 landing in GVA.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kitenski Don't cancel the car rental yet! - I think that you're arriving too late to get all the way. Check on the timetable pages* but it looks like you can only get to Martigny e.g. Dep. GVA 21:11/21:49/22:49 > Arr. Martigny 23:13/23:47/00:49 and you'd then have to taxi the short distance to Le Chable. On the way back, assuming you're travelling earlier, it would be easy by train all the way.

An SBB Saver Day Pass ticket is CHF 52 each way, and allows you to travel any time that day and the next up to 05:00 but must be bought in advance. Availability starts 60 days ahead and it's best to book ASAP as they get more expensive then disappear the closer to the date of travel. The timetable is at *SBB.CH and you'd be going from 'Genève-Aéroport' to 'Le Châble VS, gare'.

Even if you do rent a car, it's never a bad idea to have the train timetable checked in advance, in case there's a problem with the rental pickup, or if people are on multiple flights and someone is badly delayed - so they can follow on the train while the rest of the group press on.

Depending on the size of your group, a 'hybrid' approach can sometimes work. This is where a larger group hires a small car to transport all their luggage but most of the group travel by train. This might work if the group size means you'd need a much more expensive minivan etc. to carry everyone.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kitenski, what dates are you there?

We skied together a few years ago in Val D'Anivers as I recall...or was it Verbier??

Gietroz to the lift station might take 5 minutes if you walk really slowly...it is very close indeed.
You can rent a (heated) locker in the Le Chable lift station too if that 5 minutes seems too much!
latest report
@rungsp, 18th->22nd Dec, think it was Val D'Anivers wasn't it, 2009 maybe?? think ?? Ended up booking Bristol Smile You around those dates??
latest report
Oh shame, I'm not there...it would have been fun...
snow conditions
any view if they'll be opening more lifts/runs before Xmas? Just 5 lifts open at the moment it seems?
latest report
kitenski wrote:
any view if they'll be opening more lifts/runs before Xmas? Just 5 lifts open at the moment it seems?

Yes everything will be open latest the weekend before Xmas IMO except Mont Gelé and potentially the Chassoure and Gentianes itineraries which need a lot of cover. Yesterday I toured up to Col des Gentianes and Jumbo and Mont Fort are already skiable. With the forecast over the next 10 days they will possibly even open more this weekend.
snow conditions
Any recommendations/ discount codes for ski hire shops in Nendaz, please? Close to the bubble ideal but not critical as we will have a car to pick up in.
latest report
@BobinCH, is it just me or have those crevasses opened up a bit more after the pounding the glacier took in the summer?
snow conditions
Guernseyfreerider wrote:
@BobinCH, is it just me or have those crevasses opened up a bit more after the pounding the glacier took in the summer?

I was wondering the same Puzzled
snow report
Are they running a repeat of the free ski pass for those dressed as St.Nicholas? His Feast Day is today (6th.Dec), so I wondered if they were doing this this coming Weekend or decided to do it last weekend? I saw there was a free ski pass for those suitably attired on the season's opening day.
snow report
LaForet wrote:
Are they running a repeat of the free ski pass for those dressed as St.Nicholas? His Feast Day is today (6th.Dec), so I wondered if they were doing this this coming Weekend or decided to do it last weekend? I saw there was a free ski pass for those suitably attired on the season's opening day.

It was on Saturday. They pre-sold 2000 tickets and were sold out a week before. It was carnage on the M25!!!
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:

Went up for a look at Mont Fort and it’s all pisted and ready to go. Pisteurs said everything opening this weekend except itineraries which need more snow (hopefully on its way!)
Jumbo

Mont Fort

View from the new viewing platform

The view to Rosablanche, one of the most popular ski tours from Verbier. Make a mental note of the crevasses Skullie
snow report
Calling all Faction fanboys
snow conditions
I do love a live feed Smile

http://youtube.com/v/tajqcfv34hs&feature=emb_logo
ski holidays
Skiing to Le Châble is on! 2500m off piste descent from Mont Fort to warm the legs up snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
La Tzoumaz first thing this morning.

We’re currently in cloud but due to clear over the morning and then some more light snow possible this afternoon. Forecast is bright and sunny for tomorrow, with daytime temperature dropping to -13C at 1500m

There’s a FACTION test day scheduled here in the Savoleyres sector as well.

And in the afternoon:

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 21-12-22 22:02; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Love this snowHead
https://instagram.com/stories/craigpaty/2989697693435218266?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
latest report
Sun popped its head out above 3000m for a late Mont Fort pow lap

http://youtube.com/v/LHVop3YbpcQ
latest report
Today was better than expected! More here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=162245&highlight=
snow conditions
See they've added, new, 'safe' steps right up to the top of Mont Fort and a viewing platform. (And then I checked back on Bob's pics. Doh.)

Anyone who wasn't aware, you can see it via the Mont Fort webcam

https://verbier.roundshot.com/montfort/#/

I'll get there very late Saturday !
ski holidays
@Nickski, I’ll be 24 hours behind you getting in very late Sunday!
snow conditions
The night corduroy is real!
ski holidays
It’s going to be a good day snowHead
ski holidays
Another cracking day in cold fluffy pow

http://youtube.com/v/0nug8GPT9F0
snow conditions
Bit miserable low down today but vis was coming and going and ok side pow from 3300m down!

ski holidays
Whitedot hits Verbier!!!

Xmas day on Mont Fort could be spectacular snowHead
latest report
Mont Gelé absolutely plastered tonight!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy