Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has booked for 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Campitello on Hogmanay then Bad Gastein 14 Jan. March trip under consideration Eh oh!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mayrhofen by train in March - Eurostar to Paris Nord, walk next door to Paris Est for the Night train to Rosenheim, then local trains to Mayrhofen for a 9am arrival and 2 extra days skiing. First time on the Nightjet - hoping it goes as easy as it looks Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You don't really get any extra days going by train as it's not a time machine. You just set off 2 days earlier or leave 2 days later.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Two days at Snowbasin and four at Grand Targhee in late Jan. New chair at GT is gonna be great!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
You don't really get any extra days going by train as it's not a time machine. You just set off 2 days earlier or leave 2 days later
Laughing

Maybe the OP means:
- A week off work.
- Ski on arrival day.
- Ski on departure day.
- 8 days' skiing vs 6 days if going on a package hol by air - ie 2 extra days on the slopes with no Delorean required wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Semi booked, unfortunately had to join the half term madness but some snow is better than no snow Smile . Heading out to Val d'Isère, accommodation and lessons and hire booked but still need to sort out the journey. We are driving and we're fairly set on the Eurotunnel so just trying to work out the best timing to go for and also whether to go for FlexiPlus for the journey home just to make it a bit simpler.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
damanpunk wrote:
Think I’m in for a disasterous start to our trip… we only have a 50 min transfer time in Schipol (27th dec) but even KLMs own website now is recommending 4 hours minimum, has me feeling a bit uneasy considering how travel has went this year. Called them and there’s nothing they can do this month but to call back next, they’re saying it should still be ok and if not we’ll be put on the next flight Confused I assume we’ll be lucky if there’s space for 3 of us?!

Hi Damanpunk, my daughter had to transfer through Schipol with KLM right when it was totally FUBAR over summer this year. She only had 50 mins and it was fine for her. I assumed she would have to queue and pass through some sort of customs check, but she didn't have to do this all at and was able to transfer straight to her next gate with loads of time to spare. I hope it works out for you, but perhaps don't panic until you need to . . . .
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just booked for New Year’s Eve, Les Deux Alpes. We usually drive but can’t find what we, we’ll Mrs H, likes so it’s just my daughter and me, so a nice week in a half board instead of the self catering!
Staying at Hotel Les Melezes. Looks nice. Just hope for snow. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rob_Quads wrote:
Semi booked, unfortunately had to join the half term madness but some snow is better than no snow Smile . Heading out to Val d'Isère, accommodation and lessons and hire booked but still need to sort out the journey. We are driving and we're fairly set on the Eurotunnel so just trying to work out the best timing to go for and also whether to go for FlexiPlus for the journey home just to make it a bit simpler.

Make sure your past alberville by 5 in the morning to be safe
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
so...for first time in my life i deciede to spend a week in WInter in France.
I have booked a week in Flaine (31 Dec - 7 Jan)
Unfortunately i made the mistake and i booked from travelski.com
Everything works fine with the reservation, i got a confirmation etc etc
BUT the appartment is still availabe in travelski and flaine.com
The same appartment for the same dates.
Flaine.com has the appartment x 3 as available. Until now was only one, and now x 3 available...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
18 to 26 February 2023, St Anton
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Finally got around to booking for me and my son for Les Gets at the end of Jan. It's no coincidence that today is the last day to get an early bird discount on the lift pass, so I've booked that and the accomodation. Can't decide how to travel yet, but I'll do that this week.

I CANNOT wait to get back there. Haven't been since Feb 2020.

Will be odd going without my wife and daughters, but they've got their a levels a few months later so don't want to miss any school.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timmycb5 wrote:

I CANNOT wait to get back there. Haven't been since Feb 2020.

Exactly the same with me. Last time in the Alps - Arc 1600 Feb 2020.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Old Fartbag, I did go to Montgenevre twice this year, but IMO, it's not a patch on Les Gets.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Timmycb5 wrote:
@Old Fartbag, I did go to Montgenevre twice this year, but IMO, it's not a patch on Les Gets.

I have been to Montgenevre - so my sympathy has waned....somewhat. Toofy Grin
latest report
4 days in Morzine first week in Feb, then going to St Anton for the first time in Easter.

Morzine trip is not too unreasonable, flights 120 odd, transfers eye watering but between 8 of us manageable, Hotels gone up quite a bit, £650 each for 4 nights B&B for twin room, so £325 per room per night.

We have often used VIP ski in Easter to go to France but their prices have gone up so much it is unaffordable. It used to be around 1100-1200 per person minus the 15% scgb discount, so just under 4 grand for a catered luxury chalet including flights and transfers. Last year it had gone up to 1329 each not including flights and no longer a scgb discount, apparently the lack of flights is a benefit as it gives me more flexibility although in reality it just costs me 1000 more. So last years trip was 6300, 2.3K more than previously (37% increase).

Next year it has gone up to 1529 each not including flight, so will be 7100, nearly double what we used to pay pre pandemic. Add your lift pass, ski hire and spending money and its a 10 grand week now.

We eventually booked with Cystal and going to St Anton, half board in Hotel Arlberg, flight and transfers for 5700. Felt like a decent deal.
ski holidays
Quote:

We eventually booked with Cystal and going to St Anton, half board in Hotel Arlberg, flight and transfers for 5700. Felt like a decent deal.

Forgot to say, 5700 includes lift passes and ski hire.
ski holidays
One week doing a course in Kaprun, followed by a week in Zell am See and then moving on to Mayrhofen Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
A week in Morzine from 28th Jan. Then early March in Madonna di Campiglio. Can't wait!
snow report
@mistral, that’s when I’m in Les Gets. If you see a tall bloke with snowHead stickers on his helmet and a snowHead snood, say hello
snow conditions
@Timmycb5, will do! I'll certainly head over to Les Gets at some point.
ski holidays
Old Fartbag wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

I have been to Montgenevre - so my sympathy has waned....somewhat. Toofy Grin

We’ve been twice and we’re both very ill both times. Nice place but not giving it a third chance!!

Booked for a week in zell am see first week in March ‘23 with Crystal.
ski holidays
Just about to push the button the Hotel Sieblishof in Ischgl for 25th March
ski holidays
BOOKED AND READY!

Mammoth Mountain, California: 12/9-12/13/22
Telluride, Colorado: 12/25-12/31/22
Les Menuires/ VT, 3V: 1/8-1/15/23
LTZ/Verbier, 4V: 1/16-1/23/23

Epic Pass Holder ($850usd) Toofy Grin
snow report
As a reminder - pop your details in the snowbuddy to let other snowHeads see who's in which area and when.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 22-11-22 19:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Thanks!
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
Finally got around to booking for me and my son for Les Gets at the end of Jan.

Close but no meetup Timmy...

We are booked for LG (well nearby) 7th-21st; then over to Morillon for a 3rd week. Could have had a cuppa on the slopes.
snow report
@Charliegolf, 3 weeks!! Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timmycb5 wrote:
@Charliegolf, 3 weeks!! Shocked

SWMBO doesn't know yet, but if all is good, maybe a cheeky 4th in March... Very Happy

I will charm her. (Better get a Plan B too)
ski holidays
Morzine after NY, Grächen in late Feb and then back to Morzine for some weekends with friends in March. Hopefully a good few days out in local ski areas too as i’ve taken every tuesday in jan and March off!
snow conditions
SWMBO said I could book a 4 night trip for us (we have a toddler)..... then pulled the rug and put me back to 3 nights.

We compromised, 3 nights in Tignes booked for us, 3 nights somewhere else for me solo (probably Spain in March).
snow report
2 weeks in Tignes end of Jan, thinking about a week in March but the past couple of years it's been pretty warm mid march so not sure
latest report
4 day pre Christmas San Cassiano surprise trip to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.
In the process of shifting the booked Easter flights to half term which we had been hoping to avoid - should manage to get 8 days in the Dollies again if we can get flights for Sunday eve snowHead
snow report
All booked for next season. Belle Plagne as our daughter is into Ski Race Training....
- 2 weeks, 23 december to 6 january
- 2 weeks, 10 to 24 february
- 5 days, 9 to 13 march
- 4 days, for competition in Carroz d'Arraches
snow report
@downinja, when does SWMBO get a solo trip? wink
latest report
@pam w, She does get away xmas shopping and other trips on her own, but probably wouldn't snowboard on her own. Of course I would support it if she wanted to (although I would probably want to tag along Very Happy)
latest report
Corky wrote:
Just about to push the button the Hotel Sieblishof in Ischgl for 25th March

how was the hotel? im thinking 2nd week april
snow conditions
Yes. Booked up.
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:
Yes. Booked up.

where you going?
snow report
Mother hucker wrote:

where you going?

Asking so you can avoid it? Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy