Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowBuddy - where are we going?

Click on a country to find snowHeads there:
Austria

Alpbach
   A snowhead Sat 10-Feb-24 - Sat 17-Feb-24

Bad Gastein
   A snowhead Sat 30-Mar-24 - Sat 06-Apr-24
Skiing Bad Gastein, 30 Mar to 6 Apr 24 with the family. First time there, no fixed agenda, happy to meet to roam/explore or just a drink

fieberbrunn
   A snowhead Tue 26-Dec-23 - Sat 06-Jan-24

Flachau
   A snowhead Sat 13-Jan-24 - Sat 20-Jan-24
   A snowhead Sun 25-Feb-24 - Fri 01-Mar-24
Skiing in Flachau/Wargrain/Zauchensee for the week. Only skied zauchensee before. 62yr old male, looking to try new area, and revisit Zauchensee.

Hintertux
   A snowhead Fri 08-Dec-23 - Sun 10-Dec-23
Looking to hit up Hintertux 8 - 10 Dec after a work trip to Germany. I haven't locked in the location yet, and also look at St Anton. Open to joining up with some others that ski or board. Pretty "advanced" skier - comfortable on pretty much anything on piste and alot off piste.

Ischgl
   A snowhead Sun 17-Dec-23 - Wed 27-Dec-23
Here in Ischgl now until after Christmas
   A snowhead Sun 28-Jan-24 - Sat 03-Feb-24
Me going to Ischgl (again!) this time alone. I do know my way around and a couple of locals but would love to share some apre-food/drink or just meet on the slopes.

Kitzbühel
   A snowhead Fri 01-Dec-23 - Sun 03-Dec-23
Solo traveller, will be at Kitz for the opening weekend looking for others to ski or have a pint with.

Obertauern
   A snowhead Sat 30-Mar-24 - Sat 06-Apr-24

Paznauntal
   A snowhead Sat 16-Mar-24 - Fri 22-Mar-24
Just booked a solo trip, Staying in Galtur with full area Silvretta ski pass. Advanced skier, pretty happy to ski anything. Know the full ski area well, and usually take advantage of the buses for transport along the valley. Not bothered by the Apres as I don't actually booze.

Saalbach-Hinterglemm
   A snowhead Sat 23-Mar-24 - Sat 30-Mar-24
Family trip with me, my non skiing wife and 7 year old daughter. Meet up for skiing or a beer or two would be swell

Solden
   A snowhead Mon 18-Dec-23 - Wed 20-Dec-23
Would love to find some ski buddies

Soll
   A snowhead Thu 11-Jan-24 - Sat 03-Feb-24
I'm in Soll for 24 nights in January Feb if anyone wants to meet up. Also there 24 Feb for a week

st anton
   A snowhead Mon 08-Jan-24 - Fri 12-Jan-24
Starting my mini Austria tour in St Anton from 8 Jan, then Flachau from 13th and Schaldming from 20th with Kitzbuhel somewhere in the middle. Happy to meet up if anyone else is around.
   A snowhead Sat 09-Mar-24 - Sat 16-Mar-24

St. Anton am Arlberg
   A snowhead Fri 08-Dec-23 - Sun 10-Dec-23
Looking to hit up St Anton 8 - 10 Dec after a work trip to Germany. I haven't locked in the location yet, and also look at Hintertux. Open to joining up with some others that ski or board. Pretty "advanced" skier - comfortable on pretty much anything on piste and alot off piste.

Zell am See-Kaprun
Going to be attending a Snow Camps Europe course as a solo traveller - may possibly be looking to extend my stay by a few days. Intermediate skier, advanced beer drinker :-)
   A snowhead Sat 16-Mar-24 - Sat 23-Mar-24
Skiing solo, first time in Zell am See. Shout if you fancy ein bier, gluhwein oder strudel (or a run or two, of course). Tschus!

France

Chamonix
   A snowhead Sat 16-Dec-23 - Tue 02-Jan-24
Staying in Chamonix the week after the PiPAU, mostly working then having Xmas week in the Argentiere UCPA. Looking to stay a few extra days in Cham for the new year.
   A snowhead Sat 03-Feb-24 - Tue 06-Feb-24
37M advanced skier up for piste /off-piste / ski touring / guide share. Looking for ski buddies as now coming solo this weekend. Was looking at the Compagnie des Guides de Chamonix group ski touring potentially Saturday and Tuesday, but shout if you’ve got other ideas and we can chat on pm/whatsapp/insta.

Chamonix Mont Blanc
   A snowhead Wed 03-Jan-24 - Fri 05-Jan-24
Hi, I'm going to be in Chamonix on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of January. I'm going alone and would like to know if someone wants to book a guide for offpiste skiing
   A snowhead Wed 20-Mar-24 - Mon 25-Mar-24
Hey guys looking for a ski buddy or a group to tag along with, I’m an intermediate skier but will try most runs at least once, enjoy apres too but ski as much as possible. I’m open to location as not confirmed booking yet, I land in Geneva on 19/03 for 12 nights.

Courchevel
   A snowhead Sat 09-Mar-24 - Sat 23-Mar-24
Looking for a female share to keep costs down. Energetic skier. Ski anything on piste

La Clusaz
I'm going to be in La Clusaz. Never skied there before so would be good to ski with people who know their way around!

La Plagne
   A snowhead Sat 27-Jan-24 - Sat 03-Feb-24
Snowboarder staying at UCPA La Plagne on a half-day morning course. So, free in the afternoons. Here with a couple of friends, but they're doing their all-day UCPA courses. I'm at an intermediate, pushing advanced level: can do up to easy/medium blacks, can't do off-piste, still getting used to switch. Looking for buddies at a similar level to explore La Plagne and Les Arcs in the afternoons and also practice in the snow park. First time at La Plagne.

Megève
   A snowhead Sat 24-Feb-24 - Sun 25-Feb-24
Hi

Montchavin les Coches
   A snowhead Sun 10-Mar-24 - Sun 17-Mar-24
Will be based in Montchavin but know La Plagne and Les Arcs reasonably well and will want to cover a lot of ground :-). First day skiing will be Monday 11th.

Peisey-Vallandry
Staying near the Vanoise with the Mrs for the week (mid-50's) if anyone fancies meeting up for a gentle bimble on the blues (Mrs) or reds (Me)

tignes
   A snowhead Fri 02-Feb-24 - Fri 09-Feb-24
UCPA Half Time with brother - 7th week on snow I think
   A snowhead Mon 08-Apr-24 - Sat 13-Apr-24
I’ll be in Tignes solo the week preceding the End of Season Bash. Anyone keen to join a ski clinic, share a guide or just have a ski together? I also do end of day beer.

Tignes Le Lac
   A snowhead Mon 29-Jan-24 - Sat 03-Feb-24
In Tignes with a small group, all of which are having morning lessons. If anyone is at a lose end and fancies touring around until lunchtime, please let me know. Steve

Val d Isère
Any of ye around Val D'Isere this week coming 27th Jan 24 to 3rd Feb 24? I'm there from the 27th & looking for a few kindred spirits. Me M ,55, experienced, athletic, pretty decent off piste skier, with some touring & ski mountaineering experience

Val d’Isere
   A snowhead Sat 13-Jan-24 - Fri 19-Jan-24
Hello! 28M, intermediate - advanced skiier looking for friends in Val D'isere. Solo ski trip before I begin a new job!

Val Thorens
   A snowhead Sat 16-Dec-23 - Sat 23-Dec-23
I will be staying with UCPA Looking to meet people to ski together or have some beers/socialize after I'm fairly new to the sport so nothing too crazy
   A snowhead Sun 21-Jan-24 - Sat 27-Jan-24
Advanced skier looking for someone/a group to ski with. I'm going away with a beginner/intermediate snowboarder who'll struggle to keep up/manage some of the slopes, so I'm hoping to meet some people in resort. Generally up for anything but would love to find some nice off-piste areas. (ps. if there are any beginner/intermediate snowboarders out there I'm sure my mate would like a buddy!)
   A snowhead Sat 16-Mar-24 - Sat 23-Mar-24
Going to be in UCPA Val Thorens between 16/03/24 and 23/03/24. Happy to meet up with anybody who might be about, either in UCPA or Val Thorens more generally. :D

vallandry
   A snowhead Sun 31-Dec-23 - Sun 07-Jan-24
Stopping in the Ski Olympic chalet hotel LA Foret with my mate Richard

Italy

Alleghe
I will be one of about 100 snowHeads who will be here for the Pre Birthday Bash Warm Up Week - PreBBWUW11

Cervinia
   A snowhead Sun 25-Feb-24 - Sun 03-Mar-24
Travelling with a big group from Ireland and the UK. Mixed abilities, mixed age groups.
   A snowhead Sun 17-Mar-24 - Sun 24-Mar-24
Val d Isère Jan 2024 Any of ye around Cervinia for Paddies week? I'm there from the 17th & looking for a few kindred spirits. Me M ,55, experienced, athletic, pretty decent off piste skier, with some touring & ski mountaineering experience

Kronplatz
   A snowhead Mon 15-Jan-24 - Sat 20-Jan-24
Upcoming trip with a pal to St Vigilio - flying Jet2 manchester to innsbruck on 14th Jan , car hire at airport (budget) and staying at Sporthotel Exclusive in St Vigilio Skiing 15-20 Jan If anyone else is in St Vigilio , would be happy to meet up to make a more convivial group. Like to start early and finish late but with a decent lunch and probably a mid morning coffee/ hot chocolate stop. Will ski pretty quickly - we have been know to cover 50km of piste in a day (maybe not every day!!) no piste off-limits but unlikely to venture off piste even if conditions allow as my pal wont ski fresh on his doberman piste skis! Planning to ski Kronplatz area maybe 3 days (have done a day out here once when we stayed in La Villa in 2020) . Sella Ronda and satellites 2 days (we will drive and park at La Villa - we have skied here half a dozen times in recent years at several resorts so reasonably familiar) and perhaps drei zinnen one day (never been)

La Thuile
   A snowhead Sat 30-Dec-23 - Sat 06-Jan-24
I'd be happy to team up with intermediate-level Snowheads in La Thuile, or La Rosiere, which are connected as the "Espace San Bernardo". I'm comfortable on red slopes & most black runs.

Japan

Shiga Kogen
   A snowhead Wed 28-Feb-24 - Fri 08-Mar-24
A bit of a Safri - changing hotels several times.

Scotland

Glenshee
   A snowhead Tue 02-Jan-24 - Wed 31-Jan-24
I'm planning on going up to Scotland in my motorhome with my dog. Would be great to get advice and previous experience!

Switzerland

Verbier
   A snowhead Tue 26-Dec-23 - Mon 01-Jan-24
In Verbier 26th Dec - 1st Jan :)

Zermatt
   A snowhead Wed 10-Jan-24 - Sun 14-Jan-24
I am looking for ski companions for a few days in Zermatt. Early 50s funny guy, confident and capable, prefer red runs to blacks

US (Rockies)

Arizona Snowbowl
   A snowhead Fri 22-Dec-23 - Sun 24-Dec-23

USA

Park City
   A snowhead Wed 10-Jan-24 - Sun 14-Jan-24
Hello! Advanced solo skier in snowbird. Please reach out! ;)
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Guidance:
The whole point of snowHeads in the first place was to help a bunch of snow heads find each other so...
The snowBuddy is to help snowHeads meet up with each other in resort, whether planning ahead by checking the list and PMing each other, or short-notice by 'shouting out' to anyone local while you're there.

Declare which resort(s) you will be in and when. Use the comment box to mention anything specific about your party or your needs eg. whether you may be looking for others to share knowledge, share a guide, share a beer etc. Or perhaps you're in the area for a while and happy to show snowHeads around a bit.

Shout-outs are available while you are in resort and will be sent to any local snowHeads via SMS, PM or email. You can choose whether you wish to receive messages via each of these means when you post your dates.
SMS is only available if you've added a mobile number and marked it as your 'Ski Number' in your profile.
Here's a little extra info about the SMS service: 07snowHeads
Texts from the snowHeads machine are sent from the number 07snowHeads (07 7669 43237).
You can send texts to this number but they must begin with a recognised KEYWORD or the smsBot won't know what to do with your message.

By default this service will be on if you add a mobile number to your profile and mark it as your 'Ski Number'.
You can STOP the service, preventing all messages being sent to you from 07snowHeads.
You can PAUSE the service so any messages to you will be held in a queue.
You can (re-)START the service at which point any queued messages will be forwarded to you.

Once in the mountains, you can make it easier for other snowHeads to spot you by popping stickers on the tips/tails of your skis or on your helmet and wearing a snowHeads buff-like snoody sort of multi-purpose garment.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm in Chamonix for the season, I'll be happy to show you around the mountains if you've never been or just ski with you if you're here on your own (whether you ski or board).

PM me if you want to hook up snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm in Sella Ronda skiing Mon 4 Mar to Sat 9 Mar based in San Cassiano - been there 5 years on the trot now so I like to think I know where I'm going.
As Zero-G says, PM me if you want to hook up snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What a lovely idea. Sorry I can't usefully contribute.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pedantica, wasn't me honest !!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who did that?! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pedantica, not me but Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Someone else is altering the thread. I was just about to add something.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I shall be skiing in L2A from 29th March to 6th April. I shall be with my daughter and meeting up with a number of other families. All have teens (15 - 18 ) who will be skiing with easiski as they do every year. They are all very handy so it will probably suit other familiies with similar or adults who don't mind being humiliated on the slopes by the youngsters (we're all used to it Happy ). We've all spent many weeks there so can show people around.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am on my own in Garmisch-Partenkirchen (Germany) from Mar 25 to Apr 1.
If other sHs are in the area, including Zugspitz Arena in Austria (Lermoos, Ehrwald, Biberwier etc) it would be nice to meet up.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm in Kronplatz / Dolomites 16-23 March. Staying in St Vigilio. Will probably ski 3 days Kronplatz, 1 day Sella Ronda, 1 day Marmolada, 1 day Hidden Valley (subject to right conditions at the bottom). Been there 5 or 6 years. No expert but find my way around if anyone else is in the area
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I will be skiing and snowboarding in Flaine for a week from 16th March. My wife is recovering from a bad back so will be limited to an occasional cruise. I'm happy to ski anything from cruising to off-piste or cruise on the board.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey all,

Heading to soll this saturday 9th march for week. If anyone fancies meeting up for a few runs that would be cool. On my own for this trip but happy to ski solo but also enjoy company Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I will be Skiing around St Gervais/Megeve in France, March 9th-16th
snow conditions
 Poster: A snowHead
I'm free to ski anywhere in Tirol and Salzburgerland covered by the Tirol Snow Card and the Salzburgerland Super ski passes between March 19th and April 8th. From 19th to 24th I'll be in and around Sportwelt Amadé, after that no fixed plans yet!

My Boss has just given me 3 weeks holiday so that I can use up some of last years holiday allowance as well as overtime! snowHead Cool Still got another 14 days before I start to use up the 2013 allowance as well! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
We will be in France based in Meribel from about 11 - 20 April but going to Tignes 16 - 19 April. Happy to meet up with other Snowheads in either area. Have skied 3V and Tignes many times but always fun to meet new people.
snow report
Hi all,

My 9 year old daughter and I will be heading to Val d'Isere on the 24th March for a week. She's got morning lessons (and potentially supervised lunch till 2pm), and I was planning on using Esprit hosting so am pretty disappointed that its now been banned.

Any other snowheads out there that fancy a ski buddy and / or have a group I could latch on to would be most welcome.
snow report
reded78, exactly the reason for starting this. Have a good trip.
snow report
thanks Hells Bells, hope to meet up with some like minded Snowheads or some friendly parents in the hotel that don;t mind me tagging along.

The really annoying thing in all this is that I've looked into booking some ski lessons / clinics / guiding for some morning sessions during that week and the only bloody people with any bloody availability is bloody ESF!!! Obviously I won't be giving them any of my cash whether or not they ahd anything to do with bringing the court case.

Gits!
snow report
Hells Bells,
We are in Serre chevalier, Sunday 24th March for one week, staying at the Grand hotel.
Be great to meet up.
Will the ski hosting with Neilson be cancelled ?
I have never visited there before .
Looking forward to the trip.
Very Happy
snow conditions
badgerlover, I'd say your hosting will definitely be cancelled. Please see the many pages (Currently standing at 37 pages1) on here highlighting the subject - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2142401&highlight=esf#2142401
ski holidays
badgerlover, I've added you to the post at the top of the thread. I'll PM you nearer the time with my mobile number. Where are you staying?
ski holidays
Hells Bells,
Hello many thanks fo getting back to me. We will be at the Grand Hotel, from Sunday 24th afternoon arrival.
latest report
Hi..I will be skiing in Mayrhofen and enjoying the Altitude Comedy Festival next week (16th - 23rd March)...can't wait! Would be great to meet up with other snowheads Cool
snow conditions
Val Thorens in 3 valleys, 23rd march to 30, ski both saturdays. If any other snowheads want to get together to ski or spout rubbish over a beer. We have been many times so happy to show people around or just to ski with company. Me + wife + 14 yfr son + Telemarking friend!.
snow report
We will also be at VT 23 to 30 April and meeting up with noisey - myself and 16 year old daughter.
snow report
noisey, there's 116 SnowHeads in Val T that week for the EOSB.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This thread now allows you to add yourself to the list at the top Madeye-Smiley
latest report
admin, thanks !!.
snow conditions
admin, Just added myself and it is not showing? Is there a glitch in the system? I was on the original list but seem to be missing from the current ones
latest report
Samerberg Sue, it's because you didn't pick a venue/destination.

I actually omitted you when I was entering data for the new list because I didn't know that same detail.
snow conditions
admin, Then you need to redesign the form as I put in Ski Amadé as the location, then explained my base location in the comments section. I could just as easily have put in Zillertal, Evasion Mont Blanc Dolomit Ski or Espace Killy as those of us with season tickets are not bound to one specific resort. I have both the Salzburgerland and Tirol season passes, so I am not tied to an area. My nearest ski area is Ski Welt (30 minutes away) again not referred to by the name of any one village.
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, maybe pick a resort within Ski Amadé and expand the area in the comments? A 'drop down list' will never cover every eventuality unfortunately
latest report
Going to Meribel (Brides Les Bains) skiing 19-21 April and would like a few hours of hosting if anyone is free. Blue/easy reds level.
Mature lady travelling alone.
snow report
jadavi, use the form at the top of the thread to add yourself to the list.
snow conditions
trying to put info on site, basically my destination isn't accepted ??????????????? st anton is on the drop-down list, but window deletes that info !!!!!!!!!!!! anyway, going to st anton 31 march to 7 april, staying in mark warner hotel - they do 2 days' hosting, anyone fancy a daytrip to sonnenkopf perhaps or lech/zurs ?????????????? or even some mooserwirt apres !!!!!!!!!!!!!! glacierqueen@hotmail.co.uk
latest report
glacier queen, I just added you to the list above.
snow report
It sounds a nice idea, so I thought I'd try out entering some information. It won't take Val Thorens as an input although I get the drop down list. Is this so you don't get 110+ entries for the 20th April in VT!
latest report
It all seems to be working fine in Firefox and Chrome.
The scale of the drop down list does seem to freak out IE though rolling eyes

Would I be right to assume glacier queen, that you're using IE?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy