Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has booked for 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Who has booked up for next year and where are you off to?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowHead booked for family trip to Kuhtai, Austria . Still working on logistics for 'boys' off-piste jolly to Val Thorens... 2 weeks would be an epic achievement for me!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got as far as flights to malpensa, short listed Livigno, Cervinia and Champoluc
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep. Les Arcs 1800 from 7th of January for 3 weeks. Will do a few day trips to La Rosiere/La Thuile, Sainte Foy, Val D’Isere etc.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have booked a pre Christmas week, Fri -Fri, Air BnB accommodation, flights with EasyJet, and flights for first week of Easter school holidays to Munich, thinking of Mayrhofen but accommodation not booked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Already booked my flights for the 2 weeks of the preBBWUW and Birthday Bash! snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have flights Manchester to Innsbruck 18th Dec and return from Venice on 26th - no hotel booked yet (our pick in Selva has not started taking bookings yet) but might be kaiboshed as daughters school trip is weirdly 16-23rd dec and we want her to go on that so she can be assessed for skiing for her GCSE PE..

EasyJet flights so might re jig to early dec and do our own little dolomites pre season bash in their opening week…(depends if we can justify taking her out of school for a week)

Also have Feb HT week booked (11th Feb for us). Innsbruck again and then Hotel Diamant in San Cassiano.
Snagged easyJet flights as soon as they were release and not too eye wateringly expensive.
Interesting that Inghams do a package to this hotel and we have saved about £1500 by DIYing it.
After doing a lot of browsing , I get the impression that Crystal and Inghams are taking the wee wee to presumably claw some losses back.

Easter week is another possible - might do third week of April to avoid the crowds but nothing booked yet….might wait until nearer the time to see what conditions are looking like.

Maybe a week in mid to late Jan (a friend is having a 60th birthday bash with family and friends)….maybe the gnarli but nice if I can justify it to my wife !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have booked a DIY trip to Alpe d'Huez for first week of Jan, keeping it as cheap as possible using Airbnb as I would love to bring the family on a bash later in the season.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Booked Ischgl for 18th March.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes. St Anton. Of course. At least 9 weeks (TBC), starting 2 Jan.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Back to Banff after a great trip there this year. 10 days including Feb half term for roughly the same price as h/t week in Europe.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Three weeks in Austria in Jan. First week will do tech course in Kaprun if dates work out (or Mayrhofen if not). Second two weeks based in Zell am See. Not surprisingly I'm already counting the days!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have purchased flights from Melbourne to Zurich departing 4th Jan, a week in St Anton from 7 Jan then a week in Zermatt from 14 Jan. Hotels booked. Deposit paid in St Anton, no deposit required in Zermatt.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Booked flights for the birthday bash. Not sure if I'm doing the double or not as thinking of the Gnarly, but should be able to change later.

BA flights very expensive as also Carnival week, but alternative of EJ from Manchester for £160. Cabin bag and Ski bag, but no hold luggage. Only drawback is early morning flight, so not able to get first train. will have to travel night before.

Must have been the first to book as I had a choice of any seat. 2C on both legs is about as good as it gets without paying for extra legroom Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What do you mean ‘book’?

This month - remove the winter tyres and wheels, wash and store on the Tyre Tree. Check tread depth and pick out all the stones, rebalance the wheels if necessary.

Then…

Prepare carefully throughout the year all the new gear for growing Grom - this year a new powder board and possibly split board. Try to remember to bring back all the grown-out-of gear so people on here get a chance to nab it for their own groms…(John S you know who you are…Lozza too…)

Then…

Last minute panic ferry or tunnel booking anticipated around about 10 Dec.
Try to remember to put jackets in the car.
Try to remember all the new gear.
Always forget something important.
ski holidays
@brianatab, @Alastair Pink,
Yep I'm booking an AVIOS one way from VCE to gla. The vce flights to London are a little bit up but London to Glasgow are silly prices. One way in economy is £250.

Cheaper in Lufthansa return but need to use air miles and a voucher.

I'll work out later if doing the BB or preBB+BB double.
snow conditions
Avios flights to VCE booked. Going to give Alta Badia area a try I think. Will likely head to Les Arcs a bit later in the season, and look at PSB also.
ski holidays
Further to above we have booked flights to Milan. Anyone got any advice/thoughts/experience of either Hotel Pontiglia in Livigno OR Hotel Monte Cervinio in Champoluc Interested in both thoughts on resort and the hotels if anyone has been. Aware they are at the budget end of the spectrum so not expecting luxury! If you have been to both resorts, which would you go back to again in February with teens?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 17-04-22 14:10; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Flights booked to Innsbruck and hotel booked in Corvara for next January. Still need to sort private transfer though.
ski holidays
Yep. Ortisei booked (DIY) via Innsbruck in March. Counting the sleeps...
latest report
Yeah 2 weeks Whistler including a night in Vancouver 4th to 18th February. Price up about 10% from pre covid trip. Fingers crossed no covid BS to scupper the holiday.
snow conditions
Just flights at this stage though already getting twitchy for a hotel booking.....few nights in Dec to GVA which will hopefully straddle the PSB and also to VCE in January. Getting tempted by cheap half term flights at the mo but will try to resist...
latest report
Flights booked for Feb half term - started looking at resorts/chalets - will probably look to book that in the next couple of months
ski holidays
Westendorf at the Jakobwirt with a group of friends Feb 2023 all sorted. Love Austria.
snow conditions
Season opener: Christmas in Stubaital en famille, followed by west coast Canada (Whistler, Big White and Revy) in January, trips with the euphemistic boys pencilled in February and March in Austria. Can't wait. Season finished for me on Friday Crying or Very sad
snow report
@Snowsartre, ..the Euphemistic Boys…good first album….dodgy studio followup….
latest report
@valais2, I will be sure to feed that back Laughing
snow report
all hotels booked just waiting on tunnel crossings to become available.
kitzbuhel, hochzillertal, ischgl, the Hoff sölden
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
brianatab wrote:
Booked flights for the birthday bash. Not sure if I'm doing the double or not as thinking of the Gnarly, but should be able to change later.

BA flights very expensive as also Carnival week, but alternative of EJ from Manchester for £160. Cabin bag and Ski bag, but no hold luggage. Only drawback is early morning flight, so not able to get first train. will have to travel night before.

Must have been the first to book as I had a choice of any seat. 2C on both legs is about as good as it gets without paying for extra legroom Very Happy

I thought carnival week normally aligned with pancake day (so Tuesday 21 Feb in 2023 ?)
Birthday bash 4th-11th ?
snow conditions
Everything all booked (apart from Eurotunnel, as not on sale yet) for DIY trip to les menuires for Christmas 22/23 and Val Thorens in Easter 2023, with my two daughters. we all have our own kit, so no need for rental equipment. unfortunately there are never any early bird discounts for 3v lift passes, so will just pick them up near to arrival in resort. Though my eldest is booked on a separate trip to Val Thorens with some friends in January, so it may make sense to buy a season pass for her, and she just contributes towards her 3v pass for her trip.

only change that may need to make, which affects the Eurotunnel, is that we may go on to Paris for a few days after the trip to les menuires. we have just returned from a 7day city break taking in Paris/Disney and Bruges, and could have done with a couple more days in Paris to do it any justice.

we were talking about a trip to Paris in October half term, but then thought that we will be in France for the ski trip so might as well divert to Paris on the way home instead of going straight to the tunnel from Les Menuires, saving on duplicate channel crossing fares Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Not booking myself (Obvs) but we're already booked out for Christmas, New Year, Fasching (18-25 Feb 23) and 1st Easter week (1-8 Apr 23). So best get skates on if you want the peak weeks.
latest report
Serre Chevalier for a week at the end of January and VT for a week back end of March. Both self drive.
ski holidays
We’ve booked BA flights to Innsbruck for Feb half term. Managed to use the Amex 2-4-1 voucher with avios so that should mitigate the eye watering transfer to the resort. Looking at staying in Corvara again or maybe San Cassiano. Might get an Easter trip booked nearer the time depending on where the snow is
ski holidays
My husband and I are booked for Mid December flying into Geneva. We will stay in Val Thorens we think!
ski holidays
Corky wrote:
Booked Ischgl for 18th March.

See you there Laughing

Im staying in Galtur that week, bussing it to Ischgl to ski. If you see a tall(ish) bloke all in bright yellow salomon jacket/trousers it may be me Laughing
snow conditions
Waiting to see when Japan will open it's borders, and the geopolitical situation of course.
ski holidays
Another one booked for a DIY trip to Alpe d'Huez.
Going with daughter, son-in-law and the grand-daughter who will be nearly two, so booked early for cheap Grenoble easyjet flights and the apartment we wanted. Just transfers still to book, and maybe some nannying and passes
snow conditions
Austria as ever. Probably one week in ZamS and one in Obergurgl. Still got some hesitation having seen the Spaniard bring back the face nappies but going to DIY directly with hotels whilst purchasing their cancellation insurance that includes Covid reasons. Likely to use Jet2 flights as they seem to have come out of Covid with most credibility for flexibility when postponement/cancellation has been necessary.

As it stands wont even consider the TO's unless they change their terms on cash refunds instead of alternatives if the chosen holiday is unavailable.
ski holidays
Flights booked for late Nov weekend (no lifts but maybe some mild touring), 10 December (hopefully lifts open), 5 Jan (uni hols trip with kids) and 27 Jan for 10 day trip with friends. Will book for first weekend in March once EJ release flights and have a think about an end of season weekend maybe early April.

PdS season pass bought (€530 - bargain).
snow report
robboj wrote:
Still got some hesitation having seen the Spaniard bring back the face nappies .

?? Spain just dropped mask requirements ??
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy