Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France - what are the current covid rules on entry please?

Poster: A snowHead
@Dr. Will, as it is a Schengen border, there is no customs presence.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry Covid div here (again)

Travelling to France (Morzine) next Saturday but landing in Geneva and transferring from there by private transfer - do I still need to complete an EU-PLF form and or the 'sworn statement' form (that's currently undownloadable from the French site) or is all of this irrelevant and I just need Covid Passport status / UK PLF on return?

Help please from someone who's savvy on this and can placate 8x idiot Brits abroad - cheers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Belch, just in Geneva now after skiing in France. You need nothing to get into Geneva airport, I did need to show my nhs Covid pass (pass sanitaire) at the hotel snd restaurants and once at a lift. You need the UK plf for coming home. Masks weren’t enforced on lifts but were worn inside some places.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for all the info above.

We're flying to Geneva from Ireland this Saturday coming and then transfer to Tignes.
I'm happy enough we're covered vaccination wise. 3rd dose received 11 weeks ago.
From everything I read we don't need anything else to fly to Geneva.

For entering France (seems like we're unlikely to need anything but...) strictly speaking I understand we need to:

complete declaration d'honneur https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/covid-19-international-travel
Are we also required to complete a passenger locater form https://app.euplf.eu/#/ ?

For both Switzerland and France I believe there is no requirement whatsoever for covid tests before departure / on arrival for fully vaccinated adults.

We have downloaded the Tous Anti Covid App and uploaded our QR code vaccination certs. Is the Tous Anti Covid App the Vaccination Pass discussed above or is the Vaccination Pass something else?

Am I missing anything above? Happy to have everything that could possibly be required even if unlikely to be asked for it.

Thanks
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@adriangrogan, I used the UK NHS Covid pass, downloaded the QR into my Apple wallet which worked fine and also had printouts which we used in the hotel.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski wrote:
@Belch, just in Geneva now after skiing in France. You need nothing to get into Geneva airport, I did need to show my nhs Covid pass (pass sanitaire) at the hotel snd restaurants and once at a lift. You need the UK plf for coming home. Masks weren’t enforced on lifts but were worn inside some places.

It is no longer the Pass Sanitaire, and you don't need to (try to) get one. It is now the Pass Vaccinal or in other words, just your nhs (in our case, Scotland) Vaccination status, available as the app or the paper copy (that took just 2 days to come). Carrying on calling it the Pass Sanitaire will make people think they need to get the old style one and is confusing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski wrote:
@adriangrogan, I used the UK NHS Covid pass, downloaded the QR into my Apple wallet which worked fine and also had printouts which we used in the hotel.

@kitenski Thanks (I had actually missed your post last night Embarassed )

No requirement for the French sworn declaration or locater form when you entered France I presume?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do we need a paper covid vaccination status, or is the NHS (Scotland) app an acceptable alternative? We will be flying to Geneva, but crossing into the French sector inside the airport (so more chance of being checked than at the motorway border..)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@adriangrogan, I was in a hire car and there was (as usual) no stopping at the border between Switzerland and France! More issues on the way home with UK people not having completed their PLF!

@tele, personally I'd take paper copies in case of no signal, phone battery dying etc etc
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kitenski, Thank you.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Since we have been in France, we had to show our TAC (vaccination qr code) precisely once and that was at the hotel. The Receptionist told us that since we had been fully vaccinated after seeing this code, there was no further requirement to wear a mask.
On bus to resort, vague mask wearing and bus driver not interested in TAC qr code. At resort, no-one bothered about it at all any more, including in restaurant at lunchtime. The guy who we rent from (we’ve rented his apartment for a number of years) says he thinks all restrictions will be dropped in the next week or so.
I have to say, it has come something of a relief not to have to fanny around with masks whilst ski-ing, which we had to do in Italy, even on a drag lift high in the mountains once….
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone know what the story is with getting in to France with a recovery certificate?
I’ve tried looking and still don’t feel entirely confident understanding the situation .

Anyone know about this ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Help please Eeeek!

I'm flying to Nice on the 17th, do I need a booster for entry ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
letmeski wrote:
Help please Eeeek!

It depends when you're second jab was. The requirements are explained here:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We drove out using the P&O ferry recently via Dover on Thu 3 Mar. Looking at the French govt website, and, as fully vaccinated people with booster, the required documentation is the COVID certificate from the NHS and the attestation (sworn statement) from the French site. This info was available from links provided by P&O. The attestation changes as the rules change and so it is a good idea to get the latest version.

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/covid-19-international-travel#from4a

In the end, none of this mattered because the French border guard looked at our passports and asked us whether we were vaccinated and that was it. You get a blank white card to hang on the mirror which gets you through the next check at P&O.
latest report
letmeski wrote:
Help please Eeeek!

If your 2nd vaccine was less than 9 months ago, you should be fine.
snow conditions
The French interior ministry website seems to suggest that anyone entering France has to complete the french passenger locator form EU-dPLF. I can't see anyone posting above refers to this. Does anyone know whether it's required? I accept that all might change mid March
ski holidays
@Hedgie, I've just looked at both the French and English version and can't find any reference to the EU-DPLF.
snow report
The French interior ministry website states:

"You may be asked to fill two forms before boarding for France ¬–
• The EU-PLF form is for travellers arriving on the territory of a European Union Member State. While rules to fill the form may vary between EU countries, it is compulsory for travellers who wish to enter France.
• The Eos electronic form is for travellers coming from ‘orange’ countries and territories" NB UK is an 'orange' country

See https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/article/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered

But no mention of this requirement on the French consulate's in London website.

And no-one posting further up this thread seems to have had to produce one or both of these forms.
latest report
Eurotunnel just require Statement of Honour and vaccination proof - from various threads here it seems these are getting no more than cursory glance
snow conditions
sugarmoma666 wrote:
letmeski wrote:
Help please Eeeek!

Thanks for the link, my 2nd jab was 5th October 2021, I'm more confused now though as it says:

Health control measures
If already vaccinated :
proof of vaccination status; Since February 1, 2022, in order for their vaccination schedule to remain recognized as complete, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a dose of complementary messenger RNA vaccine no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose.
a sworn statement attesting to the absence of symptoms of covid-19 infection and contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 to enter the metropolitan territory.
Télécharger
Sworn statement - orange area
DOCX 23,01 Ko
No test is required to travel to mainland France from a country classified on the “orange” list for vaccinated travellers.
ski holidays
@letmeski, what's confusing you? Your 2nd jab was 6 months ago, compared to the 9 in the text you've quoted below.

Of course, these are only the entry requirements. At the moment, you'd need to have had a booster to meet the Pass Vaccinal rules for entering restaurants etc. as your 2nd dose was more than 4 months ago. However, there are news reports that the Pass Vaccinal rules will be lifted on 14th March.

If you're concerned, the simplest way forward is probably to get your booster.
ski holidays
I thought that read everyone over 18 has to have had a booster within 9 months of having their 2nd dose?
ski holidays
@letmeski, they changed the rules to four months a while ago....but it's not the length of time between 2nd dose and booster. Pass vaccinal is only valid if you've had a booster or your second jab was less than four months prior.
snow report
homphomp wrote:
@letmeski, they changed the rules to four months a while ago....but it's not the length of time between 2nd dose and booster. Pass vaccinal is only valid if you've had a booster or your second jab was less than four months prior.

The 9 months is the current entry requirements, nothing to do with Pass Vaccinal, that's just for restaurants etc ?
ski holidays
letmeski wrote:
homphomp wrote:

The 9 months is the current entry requirements, nothing to do with Pass Vaccinal, that's just for restaurants etc ?

Confusing isnt it? Pretty sure the PV (4) is going away mostly this weekend so it's only the entry requirements (9) that matter. As best I can determjne the 4 and 9 month thing refers to the validity of your 2nd dose, if it's older than that you need to have had a booster to comply.

PV was for inside France, entry requirements are for getting in Wink
snow conditions
letmeski wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
letmeski wrote:
Help please Eeeek!

Thanks for the link, my 2nd jab was 5th October 2021, I'm more confused now though as it says:

why not just go & get your booster? belts & braces
ski holidays
letmeski wrote:
I thought that read everyone over 18 has to have had a booster within 9 months of having their 2nd dose?

It does. Your 2nd dose was just over 6 months ago wasn't it, i.e. less than 9 months ago?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The PV will still be necessary for public transport from the 15th so if you are planning to use a bus train or navette in France you will need it (in theory).
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
The PV will still be necessary for public transport from the 15th so if you are planning to use a bus train or navette in France you will need it (in theory).

That's useful to know. Thanks, I hadn't picked that up.
latest report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
letmeski wrote:

It does. Your 2nd dose was just over 6 months ago wasn't it, i.e. less than 9 months ago?

My 2nd dose was 5th of October so under 9 month, however there are some very conflicting explanations on various websites.

It's very confusing!

The PV is clear as the day but I'm not worried about that as that is being scrapped on the 14th!
snow conditions
Quote:

The PV is clear as the day but I'm not worried about that as that is being scrapped on the 14th!

Don't think that's entirely true. From what I saw, the PV will still be needed on public transport, so if you're using any busses or trains you'll need it.
snow report
The Eurostar website is much clearer (and EasyJet) for Entry requirements:

https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/service-information/coronavirus-and-eurostar-service/travel-requirements

https://www.easyjet.com/en/covid-19-travel-hub/country-specific-restrictions-and-entry-requirements

And this covers the PV being scrapped for the most part:

https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-vaccinal
snow report
kitenski wrote:

Hi Kitenski - so basically for Geneva zip other than up to date QR Codes? Once in France adhoc as required (liftpass purchase / random restaurants etc)? No need for sworn declaration etc?
ski holidays
@Belch, Strictly speaking, you still need the Sworn Statement to enter France (although, I doubt anybody would ask to see it..)

You can download the 'statement' from this page : https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/ : scroll down to 'Compulsory documentation'

(other download locations don't seem to be working..)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 9-03-22 16:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Just back from a trip to France via Geneva.

No requirements at arrival at Geneva other than showing the passport.

Got stopped at the French border for a chat, but they didn't ask to see the Statement of Honour (it isn't a sworn document, just signed).

In resort we had to show the NHS QR code at the bottom lift every morning and in two bars out of seven.

Checking in online to return needed the PLF code to get electronic boarding cards, but at the airport they just asked if we'd filled it in, we said yes, and they gave us paper boarding cards anyway.

No one wore masks anywhere.
latest report
France is moving the UK from its current "orange" country designation to "green" as from 31/03/2022.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 30-03-22 16:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Alastair Pink, What is the effect of that move?
snow report
@NickYoung, I edited my post to include the source of the info I saw. As it states it will make it easier for non vaccinated people to enter France (they no longer have to provide a compelling reason). Also I saw it mentioned elsewhere (but not sure if it's correct) that vaccinated people will no longer have to provide a declaration sur l'honneur?
snow conditions
Looks like the sworn statement has gone. It's mentioned as entry condition for Orange but not Green:

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/covid-19-international-travel

Hopefully Eurotunnel will remove it from their document upload thing tomorrow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy