Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France - what are the current covid rules on entry please?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there.

First of all, I'm sorry for asking this as I am sure it has been asked a hundred times, but I am struggling to find some good and clear advice in amongst all the posts on covid. I am trying to see what I need to do if I book a trip to France for my 14 year old son and I. We are looking first week of April.

I have both jabs and the booster (last one in Dec). He has two jabs, last one about four weeks ago. We are in Scotland so can access our jab status via the NHS Scotland website.

I have a smart phone but it is an old iPhone and not all apps work. I have paper copies of our vaccination status and would prefer to not use an app if this is possible?

I understood you needed a Pass Sanitaire for France but I think that has changed?

Is anybody able to help in layman's terms please?

Once again, very sorry for spamming the forum but not sure where else to ask or get good advice. Perhaps I'm not the only one who is confused with it all.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The details are here

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

Paper copies of you Scottish Vax certs are acceptable, no app required. The Pass Saintaire is no more, it is a pass vaccinale which is coveted by your certificates.

Good luck!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chocksaway wrote:
The details are here

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

Paper copies of you Scottish Vax certs are acceptable, no app required. The Pass Saintaire is no more, it is a pass vaccinale which is coveted by your certificates.

Good luck!

Thanks chocksaway

Just to confirm, no app is needed at all? Just the vaccination certs? If that is the case it seems very straight forward, almost too easy?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I came back 2 weeks ago, I only used my paper copy, in bars, restos and ski lifts.

So no app at all, but don't forget your declaration d'honneur a word doc to print and sign, no one will check it, but better safe than sorry.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway wrote:
I came back 2 weeks ago, I only used my paper copy, in bars, restos and ski lifts.

So no app at all, but don't forget your declaration d'honneur a word doc to print and sign, no one will check it, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks again. The declaration d'honneur? What is that please? Google is not helping me. Google tope link is this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/attestation-forms-for-travel-to-and-within-france

I am a little shocked at how easy this seems as just a few weeks ago I was ready to rule France out. Dare I dream that my son and I will be hitting the Alps this year? Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Boofont, If you go to my first link there is a link there to sworn statement. It's a Mickey Mouse word doc that you sign to say you haven't been in touch with anyone with covid, you would underatke a test if required. Just sign and date it, the line that says made at (or fait à) is the place you sign it (same as a French cheque!).

It is that simple currently!

But don't forget UK PLF on the way home. It's easier on a laptop than a phone but you get a pdf by email. No app again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Are we not forgetting the vauge LFT requirement.
If your going direct UK to France then you may be asked to show a negitive LFT taken within 48 hours, if your going via switzerland (flying into Geneva) the chances are you wont be asked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No requirements for a LFT for fully vaxxed AFAIAA ?

Anyone been asked for a EU PLF at check in when flying to Geneva ,then transiting into France?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonny996, That went on 12 Feb for fully vaxed folks as per my first link.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Boofont, I'm am almost an exact copy. Triple jabbed (Dec) for me and husband and 2 kids 12 and 14. One double jabbed and one single. Booked France for Feb half term but didn't want the hassle of daily testing for my 14 year old so have pushed back to first week of April when we'll all be double/triple jabbed.

I am pretty certain that as we approach mid to end of March there will be a reduction of restrictions in France - especially as Macron is facing a presidential election in April and needs to get the masses on side. Currently there is a passe vaccinale needed for adults and a passe sanitaire for under 18s to go on ski lifts/go in bars/restaurants. Being triple jabbed (adults) and double jabbed (kids) mean you pass the criteria for these - you can either use paper copies to prove status or work it out online (but remember you need to keep phone charged/have it handy etc). I've seen French media in the last few days speculating on whether these will be relaxed by mid March and potentially abolished by end of March/early April. But, like I say, you pass the criteria so doesn't matter is still there.

Regarding border crossing - fully jabbed means no problemo!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Forgot to say, there's also a high chance UK rules for return (eg PLF) may disappear before end of March. Safe to say, what the rules are now for both countries are unlikely to still be the same in the next few weeks - but lets hope that's in a good way!!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

@Jonny996, That went on 12 Feb for fully vaxed folks as per my first link.

The declaration d'honneur form was updated on 12 Feb to reflect this, it no longer refers to taking a test. The current version is on the French govt. website (link below) but some other websites seem to be a bit slow updating their copies.
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/covid-19-international-travel
Click on the Orange zone tab then on the "entering metropolitan France" drop-down, the form is part way down under "Health control measures".
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I thought that we had to complete a Swiss Passenger Locator Form if we were transitting through Geneva Airport. This no longer appears to be needed.

Does anyone know when this requirement was dropped?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
welshflyer wrote:
I thought that we had to complete a Swiss Passenger Locator Form if we were transitting through Geneva Airport. This no longer appears to be needed.

Does anyone know when this requirement was dropped?

About 10 days ago. Im pretty sure nothing needed to enter Switzerland other than proof of vaccinations now.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We've just returned from a week in Morzine and weren't asked for the vaccine pass on any of the lifts we took and only one restaurant on the mountain asked for it. There seemed to be no interest in enforcing it at all.
latest report
Currently in Morzine and can echo RCM - so far we have been asked once - that was this morning to get the Pleney bubble - restaurants on mountain and in town don't seem that bothered
snow conditions
With the Covid rules seeming to be relaxed much more recently and most of the U.K. half term coming to an end I thought I ask a hopefully simple question ( and add todays date to help others establish when it’s asked and answered…)

What level of vaccines do France consider fully jabbed for 16 yr olds? Some would have been able to have a booster and some will still be waiting… is the booster needed to be considered fully jabbed for under 18 year olds?

I hope the answer is simply ie. Yes needs booster or No just 2 jabs ok

Thanks
snow report
2 jabs was ok for my 16 year old last week. The Tous Anti COVID app accepted the vaccine proof and worked on the rare occasion we were asked for it
latest report
We were in France last week with two kids aged 15 and 12. Neither were asked to show their TAC pass the whole time we were there - on the tgv, restaurants, bars, hotel, buying ski passes etc. Not once. We were only asked occasionally, once getting on a lift and when one time it didn't work at a restaurant they let us in with a shrug anyway. We had imported our booster certs to the TAC app, but they also accepted the NHS Scotland one. In fact all they need is a QR code, so that can be paper based or via an app. Hardly anyone wore masks in queues or on the lifts, might explain why my wife is currently sick in bed with covid.
snow report
Sounds like a booster is not needed for 16 yrs old to be considered fully jabbed in France then. Well, mid Feb anyway.

I guess entry requirements may reduce further come Easter?
ski holidays
Crashnburn wrote:
With the Covid rules seeming to be relaxed much more recently and most of the U.K. half term coming to an end I thought I ask a hopefully simple question ( and add todays date to help others establish when it’s asked and answered…)

What level of vaccines do France consider fully jabbed for 16 yr olds? Some would have been able to have a booster and some will still be waiting… is the booster needed to be considered fully jabbed for under 18 year olds?

I hope the answer is simply ie. Yes needs booster or No just 2 jabs ok

Thanks

Booster currently required from 18 years and 1 month:

https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-vaccinal
ski holidays
Whats the current French rules on mask wearing on enclosed lifts.
snow report
Some great up-to-date advice here. Thanks a lot for all the input. Smile
snow report
@kitenski, Still required for enclosed lifts. I'll let you know late next week if it's being followed!
ski holidays
@chocksaway, ta! and are they fussy about the face covering or will a buff pulled up be sufficient do you think??
PPS I seem to recall you are also Yorkshire based? Are you using Jet2 to get out from Leeds?

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 24-02-22 14:36; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@kitenski, Buffs were fine 2 weeks ago so in AdH so you should be ok.
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
Whats the current French rules on mask wearing on enclosed lifts.

Although I think its still required its just not being followed in Morzine - even yesterday when they asked for QR codes before the barriers there was no mask enforcement (at a guess 80% weren't wearing anything) We've been wearing some ANFOR rated buffs on the bubble up to the Pleney
snow conditions
@kitenski, I bought one of the official buffs, but anything seemed to do in early Feb, only place I saw local plod enforcing it was in the bottom station of the Funi.

I'm ferry from Dover next week, but yes, York.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
France 24 (wifey tells me) suspending the need for pass vaccine on 14th March...
snow report
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220303-france-to-suspend-rules-requiring-covid-19-vaccine-passes-on-march-14

According to this, all the vaccine pass and mask rules being dropped on 14th March. Only exception being masks on public transport, but I presume that ski lifts don't count as they've always fallen under the "Sports facility" rules in the past, so public transport is just trains, planes, busses etc.
snow conditions
Travelled via Dover yesterday, French border control wanted passport, the top half of my Vax certificate was sticking out of my plastic folder on the passenger seat, that was enough proof (or he has the eyes of a raptor!). He then gave me a huge plain white mirror hanger (Oh how tempting!) which meant the only thing P and O check in wanted was my passport for API, as their website wouldn't let me upload it, along with most people). The white thing meant I had been checked as good to go to France. UK border checked passport and asked where I was going.

Nobody was interested in the sworn statement. No one asked for proof of accom or funds.

Mask wearing on board was half hearted at best.

In France hospitality checking Vax passes and ensuring mask wearing.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, similar to my trip on P&O this week.

However....

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Covid-19/French-vaccine-pass-and-Covid-mask-rules-to-be-removed-almost-completely-from-March-14-2022
snow report
@Weathercam, Yip, my experiences were in Troyes last night. In Tignes they are no longer obliged to insist you wear masks whilst moving around in bars, you still need your pass vaccinale until close of play on 14 Mar. They have also given up just about on scanning vaccine passes.

I guess 3 weeks to go to a certain election is about right for La Jour de Freedom wink
snow conditions
Have recently imported my NHS pass into ToutAntiCovid- belt and braces I know- started off with the booster QR and then once I tried to scan in the other codes it said 'already imported'. Do they just basically need to scan the booster code on the lifts/cafes?
latest report
Chuffed to see that 'electioneering' is rife in France as it is in the UK Laughing

I can now relax a bit as my OH was likely to fall foul of the pass requirements (albeit still allowed to enter France though wink ). Roll on some late March snow in the Alps.
latest report
Kettonskimum1971 wrote:
Forgot to say, there's also a high chance UK rules for return (eg PLF) may disappear before end of March. Safe to say, what the rules are now for both countries are unlikely to still be the same in the next few weeks - but lets hope that's in a good way!!!!

Schapps said a few weeks ago he hopes for April/Easter, so doubt we see it scrapped this month.
snow report
Dr. Will wrote:
Have recently imported my NHS pass into ToutAntiCovid- belt and braces I know- started off with the booster QR and then once I tried to scan in the other codes it said 'already imported'. Do they just basically need to scan the booster code on the lifts/cafes?

Yep - you only need the latest QR code, usually the Booster
snow report
Does anyone have an answer to the discrepancy between the French entry requirements and the UK gov page for France:

French Embassy: Since 1 February 2022, in order for their vaccination schedule to continue to be recognised as complete, persons aged 18 years or older wishing to enter French territory must have received a booster dose of messenger RNA vaccine no later than nine months after receiving the last mandatory dose.

UK Gov: Travellers aged 18 and over who had their full vaccine course over 9 months ago and have not since received a COVID-19 vaccine booster must follow the rules for unvaccinated passengers to enter France

These are not equivalent, one member of my party had their second dose in Jan 2021 and their booster in October - more than 9 months later (9 months and 10 days...). They'd be OK under the UK interpretation, but not the French one. I guess the French one takes precedence though.
snow report
sproot wrote:
Does anyone have an answer to the discrepancy between the French entry requirements and the UK gov page for France:

French Embassy: Since 1 February 2022, in order for their vaccination schedule to continue to be recognised as complete, persons aged 18 years or older wishing to enter French territory must have received a booster dose of messenger RNA vaccine no later than nine months after receiving the last mandatory dose.

UK Gov: Travellers aged 18 and over who had their full vaccine course over 9 months ago and have not since received a COVID-19 vaccine booster must follow the rules for unvaccinated passengers to enter France

These are not equivalent, one member of my party had their second dose in Jan 2021 and their booster in October - more than 9 months later (9 months and 10 days...). They'd be OK under the UK interpretation, but not the French one. I guess the French one takes precedence though.

The French one is just a poor translation. The UK one is correct.
snow conditions
Thanks for the advice so far guys, happily got into France via Barcelona no problem. Ryanair did the most basic of checks at Bristol (e.g. asking "Have you been immunised?") Did the Spanish travel health form/passenger locator in advance with address Barcelona Airport as advised to get the QR code which was simply scanned with no further questions, may have helped that I had electronically uploaded the NHS vaccine pass onto the health form in advance. And didn't notice much in the way of active customs as we drove unhindered across the Spanish-French border, didn't even need the declaration d'honneur!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy