Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France removing testing requirements for entry for fully vaxxed

Poster: A snowHead
under a new name wrote:
@snowornever, I'd heard Attal said hopefully end March to end April ...

BFM headline it sounds like a bit of a ploy to placate some of the protests in france currently and so I would not be surprised if a politicians promise evaporated!
And it’s all about the Presidential campaigns so March may well somehow end up being April may or even June!
NB our politicians are no different so no french politician should be unduly offended!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any update on tests to enter folks?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check out eurotunnel website COVID INFO page
Negative test required
Honour declaration required
Proof of vaccine via nhs qr code
So no change there
After feb11 no day 2 test after return required but PLF still is
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowornever wrote:
Check out eurotunnel website COVID INFO page
Negative test required
Honour declaration required
Proof of vaccine via nhs qr code
So no change there
After feb11 no day 2 test after return required but PLF still is

Thanks … i was in Les Gets last week … flew to GVA and then drove across, the only document I was asked to provide other than my booster certificate was the Swiss PLF form at the airport. Nothing at the Swiss / French border.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We fly on Sunday. When is bientôt?!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
RosieL, agree it is frustrating.

Maybe the change in travel to UK will nudge the French into an annoucement.
https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/UK-ends-Covid-tests-for-fully-vaccinated-arrivals-from-today
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jonpim, knowing the French they will probably see this as a reason to impose additional restrictions on Brits rolling eyes

Although I see in news Spain is relaxing its rules and (I think) Denmark to - so maybe the shift is happening
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any word on when testing will end? Still wondering whether I need to buy LFD tests for travel on the 18th!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Elsie80, I held out until yesterday.

Now bought as I don't want to risk any chance of getting out to ski.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Elsie80, I may have missed something but dropping of tests seem to be nothing but speculation at the moment. If I was in your position Id get tests for travel next Friday
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Boris, its not speculation its been confirmed by French ministers the timing however anyone's guess.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@James77, ok, looking back on the links here it is only to reports of ministers saying this, not a definitive statement. MAy well have missed it I accept

Im probably just cynical and until it actually happens assume its speculation!

Either way - personally, for travel in a week Id be ordering tests, but sure others will wait until later next week to decide
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Level 2 at end of feb
Some way to get!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Boris, Yes I've got tests to take next Wednesday hope it changes but as you im a bit cynical too.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Boris, Veran today suggested end March early april, dependent on ICU occ.

No masks needed in PS areas as of Feb 28.
snow conditions
@under a new name
Quote:

in PS areas

Silly question but what does that mean?
latest report
Elsie80 wrote:
Any word on when testing will end? Still wondering whether I need to buy LFD tests for travel on the 18th!

Clement Beaune suggested an announcement would be made within the week (from last Tuesday) as to when testing would no longer be required to enter France but gave no definitive dates. Gabriel Attal then followed that up and said they hope to remove the Passé Vaccinal from the end of March beginning of April depending on the health situation/hospitalisation etc etc. I bought my tests from Randox click and collect option,for travelling next Thursday, they allow you to return within 14 days if rules change.
snow conditions
Boris wrote:
@Jonpim, knowing the French they will probably see this as a reason to impose additional restrictions on Brits rolling eyes

Although I see in news Spain is relaxing its rules and (I think) Denmark to - so maybe the shift is happening

Yes, I am in Denmark this weekend. No tests or anything else needed to enter now and no restrictions inside the country (Denmark has been the first totally normal country to enter for me since before covid - no forms to fill in and they didn't check my vaccine proof either!)
ski holidays
@skitrack, if you need your pass sanitaire (vaccinale?) you don’t need a mask - e.g. bars
ski holidays
@andmelffion, next Thursday isn’t the end of March is it? ( I realise the date refers to PS/V) What a short year!!
ski holidays
andmelffion wrote:
Elsie80 wrote:

Clement Beaune suggested an announcement would be made within the week (from last Tuesday) as to when testing would no longer be required to enter France but gave no definitive dates. Gabriel Attal then followed that up and said they hope to remove the Passé Vaccinal from the end of March beginning of April depending on the health situation/hospitalisation etc etc. I bought my tests from Randox click and collect option,for travelling next Thursday, they allow you to return within 14 days if rules change.

So certainly assume you will require them for foreseeable
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
@andmelffion, next Thursday isn’t the end of March is it? ( I realise the date refers to PS/V) What a short year!!

It was Attal who mentioned ending the passes by end of March beginning of April….strangely coincides with the election date. Haven’t seen any comments from Veran about the end of testing to enter France or suggested dates, even though we have them ready for next week would be very happy to avoid the hassle if the announce something sooner rather than later but equally happy to submit a negative result ready to travel to our apartment
snow report
@under a new name Thanks for the explanation

Wahoo for holiday 6th March. Now if they'll just announce the dropping of 48 hr LFT date . . .
snow report
Looks like tests dropped from Saturday

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/sante/maladie/coronavirus/covid-19-les-voyageurs-vaccines-n-auront-plus-besoin-de-se-faire-tester-pour-se-rendre-en-france-a-partir-de-demain-annonce-matignon_4956267.html?fbclid=IwAR3ZbiDhcPHL0jm7HgdyHnJ5Qy8F-yAA_O61e7o1UyOy4ZOVPw3I1cDNIrc#xtor=CS2-765-%5Bautres%5D-
snow conditions
@Rookiescot, I just need Netherlands to do the same, as I've switched to Hull-Rotterdam (for Easter though)!
ski holidays
As of February 12, no test will no longer be necessary for travelers with a complete vaccination schedule traveling from
latest report
As of February 12, no test will no longer be necessary for travelers with a complete vaccination schedule traveling from
ski holidays
Dd4 wrote:
As of February 12, no test will no longer be necessary for travelers with a complete vaccination schedule traveling from uk to France
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know what the rules are, as of February 12th?
snow report
Rookiescot, thank you.
Excellent news.
Though i would like to see it confirmed on official web sites . . .
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Rookiescot, thank you.
Excellent news.
. It was from the french consul
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Rookiescot, thank you.
Excellent news.
. It was from the french consul
latest report
https://twitter.com/guillaumebazard/status/1492219890828251142?s=21
snow report
Looks promising
snow conditions
Typically just spent an hour doing tests and uploading them for tomorrow. Evil or Very Mad

Worse still it wont accept the test result for my 14 year old.

Wonder what the new rule will be for children travelling with fully vaxxed parents - will they still get the same status I wonder.
ski holidays
Just bit too late for us too, having just dropped £60 on tests done earlier this evening - still, happy we can travel.
Would be fab if Netherlands followed suit - off to visit the inlaws in a couple of weeks. Would be great if someone could post an update if they come across one.
ski holidays
Gazzza wrote:
Typically just spent an hour doing tests and uploading them for tomorrow. Evil or Very Mad

Wonder what the new rule will be for children travelling with fully vaxxed parents - will they still get the same status I wonder.

Shouldnt affect kids rules. TAC APP only accepts french test results.
ski holidays
Fantastic news for France would have been great it Italy had changed its rules too never mind test tomorrow fingers crossed all good for our flight Sunday x
latest report
Dd4 wrote:
Gazzza wrote:

I’m not sure what you mean … the question here is whether teenagers >12 but <17 will be “treated” as vaccinated for entry into France.
snow report
Gazzza wrote:

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy