Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France removing testing requirements for entry for fully vaxxed

Poster: A snowHead
Just seen an alert that the French government will announce that within a week (presumably from today) that there will be no requirement to show a negative test on arrival in France for fully vaxxed travellers (presume triple jabbed). No dates yet, and probably not soon enough for half-term, but definitely progress.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.thelocal.fr/20220208/france-reportedly-set-to-lift-covid-test-requirements-for-vaccinated-travellers/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@The_Gate, From just EU countries or for other non EU countries (like the UK) as well?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowhound wrote:
@The_Gate, From just EU countries or for other non EU countries (like the UK) as well?

Looks like for all orange countries, i.e. non-EU including the UK
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I sure hope so ...off in 4 weeks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've literally just spent £90 on 6 lat flows......we arrive in France next Friday
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
could have done it this week to save hassle and worry.......and £80 on 4 LTF's

about time the testing gravy train was derailed...its an effing nonsense
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At least this will save our dog the ignominy of having a swab shoved up his nose so that we can skiing ....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I seem to be collecting a fine range of LFTs ...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I knew there was a reason that I was being slow to prder the tests, our 1/2 term is 2 weeks time Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That would be great. Between the UK and France, that's saved me a good couple of hundred quid.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is not in play yet it seems as eurotunnel still states:
2. Negative COVID tests
All passengers over 12 years of age require a negative result from a non-NHS PCR test or a non-NHS Antigen (lateral flow) test taken no more than 48 hours before travel (find a private test provider).

At French border controls you will need to present digital or paper evidence of the negative result from the private test provider.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
MHskier wrote:
This is not in play yet

Correct. The key word in the BfmTV report was "bientot"...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not due to travel until March 18th, so hoping this comes in by then. Hoping can go back to normal crossing of just showing passport!!!

@MHskier, Eurotunnel do seem to update their site only when new restrictions are in place, which is probably good as I suppose it prevents confusion.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just showing a passport - wow, that was the day! I think it'll be proof of vaccination for a while yet.
ski holidays
@Kettonskimum1971, Indeed - must admit I was kind of taking that as part of "normal"
snow report
Half term for UK is next week and following depending on where you live. We leave Friday 18th for half term hoping it's effective by then fingers crossed.
snow report
Mmmm going out the 18th and was going to buy tests - wonder how late I dare leave it.
snow report
Layne wrote:
Mmmm going out the 18th and was going to buy tests - wonder how late I dare leave it.

buy them from c19 testing. they do 14 day money back under the distance selling regs. I just ordered one so checked it out in case we dont need it. have 2 from december and can get 50% refudn on those.
snow report
So no test to get into France but a Day 2 to get back into the UK...
snow conditions
Hopefully Italy will follow suit soon
snow report
@boredsurfin, Not from the 11th.
ski holidays
@backhojo, Presumably that's if they're unopened? They say open them when they arrive to ensure everything is in the box I suspect that'll void any refund.
latest report
@James77, Excellent news!
snow report
under a new name wrote:

I've got a large pile on my sideboard, but mainly due to the inability of Randox to respond to my request in December to cancel our contract when the French travel regulations changed and we couldn't travel for our holiday. In the hands of the credit card company now. I'll use them up for work.
latest report
This is great news - hopefully this will be on time for 18th when we go. I was debating whether to buy ours last night and just had this feeling to leave it! Glad I did!
snow report
Come on Italy! See how it’s done.
ski holidays
Great news!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells wrote:
under a new name wrote:

I've got a large pile on my sideboard, but mainly due to the inability of Randox to respond to my request in December to cancel our contract when the French travel regulations changed and we couldn't travel for our holiday. In the hands of the credit card company now. I'll use them up for work.

Same here... They expect you to sit tight and wait for a response but Ive been waiting since October now for all my tests that didn't arrive in time to be refunded... and nothing you can do but keep emailing...
snow conditions
Timmycb5 wrote:
That would be great. Between the UK and France, that's saved me a good couple of hundred quid.

Just remembered I'm flying into Italy. Balls.
snow report
AlpineAddict wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:
under a new name wrote:

Same here... They expect you to sit tight and wait for a response but Ive been waiting since October now for all my tests that didn't arrive in time to be refunded... and nothing you can do but keep emailing...

Fair to say they won’t ever reply to your email. I phoned eventually and whilst it took 20 minutes to get through to someone; once I had it only took 5 minutes to get my refund sorted. I think they have a rapid turnaround of staff so the chance of an old email being read is minimal.
snow report
If people want to wait before buying LFT's, try Randox 'click and collect' ; they use local newsagents/shops ; mine had a 'stash' under the counter (ordered at 3pm on Sunday, picked up at 6PM)
snow conditions
AlpineAddict wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:
under a new name wrote:

Assuming you paid by credit card, just deal with it via your cc processes to get a refund on an unfulfilled contract.
latest report
My Chronomics ones were sent correctly just not used. Seems no way of getting a refund.
latest report
COVID pass sanitare to end fin de mars
BFM TV CE soir
snow report
@Layne, ditto Chronomics. Weren’t even willing to exchange for day 2.
ski holidays
albob wrote:
If people want to wait before buying LFT's, try Randox 'click and collect' ; they use local newsagents/shops ; mine had a 'stash' under the counter (ordered at 3pm on Sunday, picked up at 6PM)

Also it seems they do a 14 day return
ski holidays
snowornever wrote:
BFM TV CE soir

Just saw that. Good news for Easter hopefully, although hilarious after all the faff getting a QR recovery code for our 12 year old!

https://www.bfmtv.com/sante/gabriel-attal-annonce-une-possible-levee-du-pass-sanitaire-fin-mars-debut-avril_AN-202202090303.html
snow report
@snowornever, I'd heard Attal said hopefully end March to end April ...
snow report
7ncj wrote:
snowornever wrote:
BFM TV CE soir

Just saw that. Good news for Easter hopefully, although hilarious after all the faff getting a QR recovery code for our 12 year old!

https://www.bfmtv.com/sante/gabriel-attal-annonce-une-possible-levee-du-pass-sanitaire-fin-mars-debut-avril_AN-202202090303.html

End of pass sanitaire for bar/restaurant entry in France (and vaccine status checks for UK nightclubbers etc) won't necessarily mean end of requirement to be vaccinated in order to cross borders. I suspect that'll be a requirement from most nations for next couple of years. Nevertheless, the gilet jaunes will be able to party without getting tested the day before, this coming Fools Day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy