Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France removing testing requirements for entry for fully vaxxed

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks Ibown.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does anyone have a link to an English version of the current Declaration d'honneur we need to fill in? Can only find a French language one.
Thanks
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just had responses to my question about the 6 / 4 month recovery point for 12-15Y olds from the Courchevel, Merible and VT tourist offices as well as ... wait for it ... the medical lead for covid for the Belleville Valley (where St Martin, Les Menuires and VT are situated). The 3 tourist offices are still not clear about this and have repeatedly contacted the French government for clarification without success. The medical lead "thinks" that the 6 month rule still applies but has asked me to check what the TAC Verif app shows tomorrow. So here you have it folks ... the blind leading the blind is an understatement.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pdsguy wrote:
Does anyone have a link to an English version of the current Declaration d'honneur we need to fill in? Can only find a French language one.
Thanks

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/130504/1038551/file/18-01-2022-engagement-sur-l-honneur-orange-version-anglaise.docx
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
caughtanedge wrote:
pdsguy wrote:
Thanks

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/130504/1038551/file/18-01-2022-engagement-sur-l-honneur-orange-version-anglaise.docx

Thank you!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It still has an odd page break so it's 2 pages. Other people have edited it to remove the break, ending up with one page....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just had another reply from the Meribel TO - they're now saying that the recovery validity will be reduced to 4 months on the TAC app from tomorrow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah, ray of hope seemingly extinguished - is that game over in your opinion (knowing your source)? Looks like we're back to daily testing in resort then?
Any idea what happens with airport transfers and access to accommodation? Will she even be allowed access to either before a French witnessed LFT for a PS?! Sad Sad
Thank you for your research Franga.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
StroudSteve wrote:
Ah, ray of hope seemingly extinguished - is that game over in your opinion (knowing your source)? Looks like we're back to daily testing in resort then?
Any idea what happens with airport transfers and access to accommodation? Will she even be allowed access to either before a French witnessed LFT for a PS?! Sad Sad
Thank you for your research Franga.

I would hold fire until the TAC and TAC Verif apps are updated overnight (if they will be) ... the most frustrating aspect of this is the fact that some of the rules are not particularly clear. I'm trying to remain confident that the TAC app has already been updated with the new parameters which means that 12-15Y olds can still benefit from the 6-month recovery rule. That's why our 14Y old's recovery QR code still shows as being valid until April whereas ours expire next week. But I might be completely naïve and wrong here. I'm afraid that if recovery is now limited to 4 months then your trip to resort may not be as straightforward. I would contact your TO or transfer providers asap ... at least you'll give yourselves time to plan and work out what you need.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ambafrance updated this morning for unvaccinated teens now saying must test for entry regardless of accompanying adults status
https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918

Travel with minor (under 1Cool
Eh oh! ️ Minors (under 1Cool, whether or not they are vaccinated, accompanied by vaccinated adults are not subject to compelling reasons.
Eh oh! ️ All unvaccinated minors (12 to 17 are subject to the same travel regulations as unvaccinated adults (PCR/antigen test prior to departure, sworn statement).
Eh oh! ️ Children under 12 are exempt from all COVID travel restrictions in all cases (test, quarantine, form...).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry, a further question from me. This French government website: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/article/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered?var_mode=calcul#sommaire_3

says that antigen testing for unvaccinated people (i.e. my daughter with 1 dose) is within 24hr of departure (section: "What rules apply for travellers from the United Kingdom?"). Is that the recognised understanding of the situation or is it out of date (It also says 48hrs for vaccinated people but we know that's gone now)?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
StroudSteve wrote:
Sorry, a further question from me. This French government website: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/article/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered?var_mode=calcul#sommaire_3

says that antigen testing for unvaccinated people (i.e. my daughter with 1 dose) is within 24hr of departure (section: "What rules apply for travellers from the United Kingdom?"). Is that the recognised understanding of the situation or is it out of date (It also says 48hrs for vaccinated people but we know that's gone now)?

I think it’s changing as we speak! Ambafrance updated this morning to say unvaccinated teens must test. I expect gov uk to update soon as well
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
UK to update to 24hrs you mean?

I was expecting to have to test her but now don't know if it's 24hrs or 48hrs (obviously we'll test inside 24hrs to be in the safe side, but that's eating into the safety time buffer if there's a problem).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
StroudSteve wrote:
UK to update to 24hrs you mean?

I was expecting to have to test her but now don't know if it's 24hrs or 48hrs (obviously we'll test inside 24hrs to be in the safe side, but that's eating into the safety time buffer if there's a problem).

Yesterday was saying unvaccinated teens don’t need test if with vaccinated adults. Now saying they do.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@StroudSteve, I'm fairly sure this is the "official" French government page on the Pass Sanitaire:

https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire

As opposed to the page on the Pass Vaccinal:

https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-vaccinal

There is no mention of any changes tomorrow on the Pass Sanitaire page but there is on the Pass Vaccinal one.

Additionally, if you look at the bottom of the Pass Sanitaire page it lists where it is required. Although some transport is covered, I don't think you Crystal transfer bus would be.
snow conditions
@StroudSteve, I'm fairly sure this is the "official" French government page on the Pass Sanitaire:

https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire

As opposed to the page on the Pass Vaccinal:

https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-vaccinal

There is no mention of any changes tomorrow on the Pass Sanitaire page but there is on the Pass Vaccinal one.

Additionally, if you look at the bottom of the Pass Sanitaire page it lists where it is required. Although some transport is covered, I don't think you Crystal transfer bus would be.
snow conditions
Ah, Yes, thank you @sugarmoma666, I see that. Maybe my ray of hope is re-ignited.

I've just come off the 'phone to Crystal - all he could really say is to wait until tomorrow when the 'back office staff' update their Travel Hub page. I'm not hopeful that's going to provide any cast iron clarity but he also said that 'local managers' have the ability to waive the requirements to allow children on the transfer (?!) and that he thinks we'd have to get her a test in resort before she could access the accommodation...

Also agree with your comment re the transfer bus - it's not "interregional public transport".
snow conditions
The French government doing their absolute best to put as many families travelling with teens off from booking a holiday in France in the future ...
snow conditions
How about recovered people with no vaxx at all?
snow conditions
pdsguy wrote:
caughtanedge wrote:
pdsguy wrote:
Thanks

Thank you!!

that cant be the correct version as it still has reference to the antigen test upon arrival. I have so far found 3 different versions of this form and they are all on the same website !!! FFS !
snow conditions
backhojo wrote:
pdsguy wrote:
caughtanedge wrote:
pdsguy wrote:
Thanks

Thank you!!

that cant be the correct version as it still has reference to the antigen test upon arrival. I have so far found 3 different versions of this form and they are all on the same website !!! FFS !

Yes lots of different live and current versions. All say antigen in different places! 18-01-22 is usual one people use unless you want to use a french version
latest report
@backhojo, it's always had that paragraph. The French version is slightly different, it says something like "which may be required".
snow report
TAC Verif app now updated as expected - is there anyone with a recovered teen (12Ys-15Ys) > 4 months ago that can test it?
latest report
Ok, I'm in the office today so don't have my daughters 'phone to hand. however, I've just scanned her Recovery QR code (brought it with me just in case) with MY TAC app and it doesn't appear to have changed.

So, it (still) says: (date of positive test) 12 Oct 2021, Valid from 23 Oct 2021 to 14 Apr 22.

She is 12 by the way.

Does that tell us anything?
latest report
Tried this morning - worked prior to update but app now crashes at the point of verification for all passes even the one for us which we know are fine!
snow report
StroudSteve wrote:
Ok, I'm in the office today so don't have my daughters 'phone to hand. however, I've just scanned her Recovery QR code (brought it with me just in case) with MY TAC app and it doesn't appear to have changed.

So, it (still) says: (date of positive test) 12 Oct 2021, Valid from 23 Oct 2021 to 14 Apr 22.

She is 12 by the way.

Are you scanning it with Tous AntiCovid app or TAC Verif? (I'd use the latter as that's what will be used to check the pass in France.)
snow conditions
Update -just updated App again (Verif app) and still showing Green tick (for now)
ski holidays
Morning

Just checked our 15 year old's NHS QR recovery code (positive test 1st Oct 21) in the TAC Verify app and still getting the green tick.
1st Oct is over 4 months by my reckoning.

Thanks
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just used the TAC Verif app, with my daughters QR codes, 1 x vaccine & 1 x recovery, and it came up with a green Verified tick Smile
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
StroudSteve wrote:

She is 12 by the way.

Are you scanning it with Tous AntiCovid app or TAC Verif? (I'd use the latter as that's what will be used to check the pass in France.)

Right, was TAC, didn't realise there was a difference rolling eyes ! Have now installed VERIF. It's a green tick, VALID. The tutorial page (don't skip the tutorial!) Says "For a POSITIVE COVID Test (Recovery): the test mustbe more than 11 days and less than 6 months and be PCR or Antigenic"

So... good to go do we think?!
snow conditions
Gilly76 wrote:
Just used the TAC Verif app, with my daughters QR codes, 1 x vaccine & 1 x recovery, and it came up with a green Verified tick Smile

I (accidentally) scanned my daughter's single jab code and it came up as "Invalid". But having the one valid recovery one is enough I believe/ hope.
latest report
StroudSteve wrote:
Gilly76 wrote:

I (accidentally) scanned my daughter's single jab code and it came up as "Invalid". But having the one valid recovery one is enough I believe/ hope.

I get the same for my son (he had covid at the end of September and then had his first jab at the end of December). The TAC Verif app gives a red cross for the first vaccination QR code, but a green tick for the recovery QR code (in passe sanitaire 'mode').

I've just scanned my own 3 QR codes (jabs in April/June/December) and only the most recent one (booster, the others too long ago?) gave the green tick (in passe vaccinal 'mode'), so I'm going on the basis that one green tick for each of us is acceptable?!
latest report
Thanks everyone - we're getting the same "green tick" with our 14Y old's recovery code ... tested +ve on 22 October, certificate valid until 22 April.

So far so good.

My only concern is that there is still a chance that the code will "expire" on 22 February (at the + 4 months point) ...

But that's a risk we are prepared to take.
ski holidays
franga wrote:
Thanks everyone - we're getting the same "green tick" with our 14Y old's recovery code ... tested +ve on 22 October, certificate valid until 22 April.

So far so good.

My only concern is that there is still a chance that the code will "expire" on 22 February (at the + 4 months point) ...

I am also still worried! however, if I understand you correctly, based on that, my daughter's code says valid from 23 Oct 2021 to 14 Apr 22 (not quite 6 months!), so shouldn't that have expired yesterday at 4 months?
latest report
The 4 month point will be reached on 23 February which is next week? Not sure why it doesn’t show as expiring on 23 April though. I’d take a screenshot of what the app is showing now and keep it in case there’s an issue next week.
ski holidays
StroudSteve wrote:
franga wrote:

So far so good.

I am also still worried! however, if I understand you correctly, based on that, my daughter's code says valid from 23 Oct 2021 to 14 Apr 22 (not quite 6 months!), so shouldn't that have expired yesterday at 4 months?

@StroudSteve what's the date of your daughter's +ve PCR test?
snow report
On the Sworn Statement what's your views on ticking the agreement to antigen test on arrival, presumes that's not relevant now form dated 18/01 so out of date?
snow conditions
franga wrote:
The 4 month point will be reached on 23 February which is next week? Not sure why it doesn’t show as expiring on 23 April though. I’d take a screenshot of what the app is showing now and keep it in case there’s an issue next week.

My son tested +ve on 27 Sept 21. I've scanned his recovery code into the TousAntiCovid app. I can now see it in the app's wallet, and it says it is valid from 8 Oct 2021 to 30 Mar 2022. We're well over the 4 months...
latest report
James77 wrote:
On the Sworn Statement what's your views on ticking the agreement to antigen test on arrival, presumes that's not relevant now form dated 18/01 so out of date?
I’ve been to France twice since this was introduced and I’ve always ticked that … there’s no reason why anyone would decline it? I presume the chance of being selected is higher at Chambery and Lyon compared to the road border in Geneva (if flying into GVA).
ski holidays
lepy wrote:
franga wrote:

My son tested +ve on 27 Sept 21. I've scanned his recovery code into the TousAntiCovid app. I can now see it in the app's wallet, and it says it is valid from 8 Oct 2021 to 30 Mar 2022. We're well over the 4 months...
That’s very positive then … the QR code would have expired in late January under the 4 month rule. We’d all be grateful if you could rescan this tomorrow … just in case the app parameters haven’t been updated yet!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy