Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day-2 PCR - Test & Trace contacts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I posted because I was curious about the efficacy of the system.

I tested myself with an LFT at the same time as I did the PCR.

Negative.

I've carried on with life.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w, Thanks Pam - you too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just received link to result via text and email - negative.

So posted at 10:22am on 20 December
Received result at 16:05 on 22 December

Would highly recommend Amazon

Thanks rob@rar
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Pow wrote:
Just received link to result via text and email - negative.

So posted at 10:22am on 20 December
Received result at 16:05 on 22 December

Would highly recommend Amazon

Thanks rob@rar
Ditto, and you're welcome.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't recommend Randox. Various issues and poor website and IT system reliability. I have successfully used https://www.c19testing.co.uk/rapidtravel/ for many trips during 2021 (both LFT and PCR) who have been 100% reliable and they have the additional advantage that the magic number for the PLF comes with the order confirmation so you can file the PLF without physical possession of the kit - particularly relevant for short trips.

No evidence I know of that the "indian call centre script monkey" business is still operating. It certainly was back in June, with some dodgy practices e.g. 3 calls within 1hr, which they are not supposed to do because, legend has it, on the 3rd unsuccessful attempt to contact you they are supposed to report it for a follow-up. I complained and the man apologised. OBVIOUSLY you put only your mobile # on the PLF, but if you live in a bad signal area this can be a problem. I suspect it has been disbanded. Deloitte & Co spent some 40BN on this and clearly the money ran out after the senior partners divided up the reserves Smile Smile Smile Smile

There are many ways to game the tests especially the LFTs; the UK is unusual in allowing unsupervised tests. I will say no more because the system relies on people being honest, or stupid. The clever and honest people will do the real (LFT) test for real and then make sure the pre return one is negative and they upload a pic of that one on the website Wink The PCR is a bit harder but you don't need a PhD to work out how a group of skiers can get the right result.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Really? Anyone that fakes a COVID text and then gets on a plane is not clever, they are a scumbag

Quote:

The clever and honest people will do the real (LFT) test for real and then make sure the pre return one is negative and they upload a pic of that one on the website The PCR is a bit harder but you don't need a PhD to work out how a group of skiers can get the right result.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a PhD in organic chemistry and yes you can fake both tests but morally, you shouldn’t, the more people test, isolate and follow the rules the sooner we will be out of this mess. Having just returned from France on Monday there has been no contact from test and trace, as I experienced in the Summer, which is fine as long as people don’t think it is ok to ignore the rules. The test and trace folks weren’t all from India, quite a lot were UK based and doing a difficult job with grace and honour to protect us all!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They have started now to randomly call people. About a month ago it seemed to change. Suppliers now are a lot more on the ball, results are much faster and getting fed to T&T automatically. Not a high % of people but definitely more than previously
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just a note about Amazon to be aware of. Sad
I came back from Italy on Tuesday, took the test kit out and looked at what needed to be done. First thing it tells you is you need to register the kit at their unique website (not Amazon.co.uk, but rather AmazonDx.co.uk). That's where the fun started, you entire your name, email, mobile, password etc then a box pops up with a message "unable to verify security at this time, please try later" or some such similar wording. So I changed from my mobile to entering the same info on to my PC, same box popped up. So I thought maybe their servers are very busy so kept attempting to register and just to pi$$ you off more it won't save the info so you continually have to re-enter it.
After an hour I got on to the standard Amazon website (the AmazonDx site has no way of contacting them) to ask them when will the site be back up. After explaining what was happening he then asked for the order number for the kit, I explained my son ordered it whilst I was away so it is on his account and gave the guy the order number. At this point he said he couldn't discuss it any further due to 'security'. Mad I said I don't have a security related issue, I just want to know when will I be able to register on their website. He said I'd have to get my son to do this through his account and could not do anything else. Mad Mad

I then had an idea and tried their website using Chrome rather than Firefox, it then went straight through and worked. 0/10 for Amazon for not stating either on their AmazonDx that some browsers might be an issue to them and 0/10 for customer services for 'computer says No!' helpfulness. Another 2 hours wasted on this whole loop jumping farce.

However, I use Firefox for buying stuff off their normal site so it's pretty bad poor of them not to have this sorted or at least be aware of it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is why I recommend the C19 outfit. It works, and the magic number for the PLF comes by email as soon as you order it. Most of the other test kit sellers have "some problem" like you found. Randox for example just kept saying "invalid date"; it may have been a 1 day trip to France which it didn't think was possible.

It is also a good odea to take the Day 2 test kit on the trip with you, and do it the instant you get off the plane. That should comply with anybody's interpretation of the law.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

It is also a good odea to take the Day 2 test kit on the trip with you, and do it the instant you get off the plane. That should comply with anybody's interpretation of the law

That would have really caught me out on my recent trip to Norway. The rules changed while I was away and I would have been stuck with an expensive lateral flow test I had no use for. IMHO it is wise to leave these things to the last possible minute to see what the rules are that day.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The cost of a test kit is surely negligible compared to the cost of skiing?

C19 sell LFT for £22 and PCR for £75.

The test kits have no shelf life.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Peter Stevens wrote:

Our bar bill in the hotel in Arinsal, Andorra for the 6 dinners was £150

I know where I'd rather spend the difference.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Stevens wrote:

I have just used the much-maligned "Expert Medicals" 2 day PCR return-to-UK test: took the sample and posted 16.00 22/12. Just received Neg. email 19.00 24/12. £20: worked for me......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy