Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day-2 PCR - Test & Trace contacts?

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been contacted by Test & Trace in connection with their Day-2 PCR test when they have returned to the UK in the last week or so? Do they contact you during the self isolation period? Do they contact you to confirm that you have been released from self isolation when the PCR test result is available?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar wrote:
Has anyone been contacted by Test & Trace in connection with their Day-2 PCR test when they have returned to the UK in the last week or so? Do they contact you during the self isolation period? Do they contact you to confirm that you have been released from self isolation when the PCR test result is available?

I had no contact at all.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rob@rar, I had no contact in September. Now back in the UK again waiting for my results... Will let you know but I doubt they have the capacity.

Edit: Sorry, I won't after all, my negative result came back a lot quicker than I expected. For anyone else landing at Heathrow, the Halo test service at the Sofitel worked smoothly and easily for me and was one of the cheaper options too. I would recommend that over the Radox service I used in September anyway.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 19-12-21 13:50; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No idea whether it's a separate regime but son pcr'd positive friday (email notification last night) and test a trace rang me 8.45 this morning to confirm contacts and quarantine dates etc.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Csb123, Are you saying the testing company passed the positive result to the test & trace people then ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@skitow, they are obliged by regs to do this - my daughter had a positive on an outbound PCR - holiday called off and T&T called a couple of days later.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Skimum1, OK. I did not know that. Presumably it says that somewhere in the t&c's when you buy the test. I did PCR's earlier in the year and did not notice that, but then I did not look.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skitow this was an NHS pcr but as @skimum1 says I'd assume they all feed positive results back to T&T.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Csb123, @Skimum1, Yes I looked it up, it look's like they have to report all results, which I suppose makes sense. Just very sceptical about the testing "system" after a couple of things that occurred with tests I had bought.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I doubt they would contact you unless you tested positive... they have 90,000 people to phone after yesterday!
Then the question is, does the PCR company.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quickest way to avoid tortuously longT&T calls, especially if you genuinely know who've been in contact with recently is to put their number on block.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:

Just been contacted by the Welsh government by email

Lots of 'this is what you should do' no mention of repercussions if you don't.

Found this paragraph very interesting

-----

Testing and isolation if you are fully vaccinated*

You are required to self-isolate until you receive a negative PCR test result after arriving in the UK. Lateral Flow Test (LFT) results will not be accepted. You can take the test any time after you arrive (day 0) and before the end of day 2 at the latest.

-----

I wasn't aware you could do the test on arrival.

Genuinely thought it had to be on Day 2, hence the name Day 2 PCR Test.

If you can take the test shortly after arrival in the UK and within 24 hrs of departure to the UK, what's the effing point of both?

If I was going again, I would take an arrival test at the airport.

You pass, you have zero self-isolation.

You fail, you get in the car and drive home and start self-isolation 2 days earlier.

Really hacked off with all the inconsistencies and ambiguity.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mike Pow wrote:

You fail, you get in the car and drive home and start self-isolation 2 days earlier.

Test may not back back until 11.59pm the next day.

FWIW there is a day2(well day 0 to day 2) centre in Cardiff Bay, Cardiff Football Stadium & also one somewhere in Newport.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mike Pow, in case you caught it in the time you took the departure test and arriving in the UK? During which time you might be mixing with lots of people at close quarters - e.g. public transport to train station/airport, ferry/train station/airport itself, the plane, joining the mile high club etc..
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

Test may not back back until 11.59pm the next day.

FWIW there is a day2(well day 0 to day 2) centre in Cardiff Bay, Cardiff Football Stadium & also one somewhere in Newport.

Yeah just read that PCR takes time, so no to that plan.

We did out pre-departure from the UK Test at Cardiff City Stadium, but only had to do LFT.

Cost us £50 each but we had to do it because it was time sensitive.

2-day PCR Test at Cardiff City Stadium was £75 each, compared with £32 with Amazon.

Results come back roughly the same time so DIY and spent the cash on fun in resort.

The whole system is a Be Nice please! joke though.

Should all be based at the airport.

Get it done. Get home. Wait for result.

1 flat rate cheap price.
snow conditions
ster wrote:
@Mike Pow, in case you caught it in the time you took the departure test and arriving in the UK? During which time you might be mixing with lots of people at close quarters - e.g. public transport to train station/airport, ferry/train station/airport itself, the plane, joining the mile high club etc..

Chance would be fine thing Wink
ski holidays
no one ever checks you just need a code for the plf - don't need separate code for under 18s they go on the same form. They do not seem to link up with any government checks. you could save loads of money by just booking the cheapest drive through £20 test meanwhile get an NHS one when you get back to have clear conscience that your are negative
all a farce and rip off
snow conditions
JDgoesskiing wrote:
no one ever checks you just need a code for the plf - don't need separate code for under 18s they go on the same form. They do not seem to link up with any government checks. you could save loads of money by just booking the cheapest drive through £20 test meanwhile get an NHS one when you get back to have clear conscience that your are negative
all a farce and rip off

That's why this is a farce.

An expensive one.
snow report
Posted my PCR Test at 10:22 on Monday 20 December

Zero communication or notification since

Is this the norm please?

Do Amazon email me or do I have to go looking?

Thanks in advance
ski holidays
You should be able to track the package.
I posted mine Sunday, got the result yesterday- 6 or 7 hours after delivery
snow report
Mike Pow wrote:

Is this the norm please?

Thanks in advance
I also posted mine on Monday morning, at a Royal Mail Priority post box. It was collected at 4.30pm that day so I guess would have reached Amazon’s laboratory sometime on Tuesday, and if they are doing a 24-hour turnaround I guess a result sometime today, Wednesday?

I’ve done a lot of the NHS PCR tests over the last 18 months, mostly by post in the same way as this Amazon purchased test. Never had notifications of the process prior to getting the result, so not expecting any from Amazon. To be honest, if I get the result today I’ll be mildly surprised as a large proportion of the NHS tests I did were posted on a Wednesday with the result emailed and texted early on Saturday morning.

For me the most important thing was the approved code for the passenger locator form arrived immediately.
snow conditions
brownie wrote:
You should be able to track the package.
I posted mine Sunday, got the result yesterday- 6 or 7 hours after delivery

Thanks

They contacted you?

Via email?
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

Is this the norm please?

Thanks in advance
I also posted mine on Monday morning, at a Royal Mail Priority post box. It was collected at 4.30pm that day so I guess would have reached Amazon’s laboratory sometime on Tuesday, and if they are doing a 24-hour turnaround I guess a result sometime today, Wednesday?

I’ve done a lot of the NHS PCR tests over the last 18 months, mostly by post in the same way as this Amazon purchased test. Never had notifications of the process prior to getting the result, so not expecting any from Amazon. To be honest, if I get the result today I’ll be mildly surprised as a large proportion of the NHS tests I did were posted on a Wednesday with the result emailed and texted early on Saturday morning.

For me the most important thing was the approved code for the passenger locator form arrived immediately.

Thanks

Yes it was only ever about the PLF code for me
snow report
We went on a cruise to Norway early December and the testing regime changed while we were away. Fortunately we had not booked any testing for our return and planned make the booking from the boat. So we had to book lateral flow tests in Norway. These took a couple minutes yet cost us £100 each. Some people are getting very rich over this pandemic.

Since we would now have to isolate on our return to the UK we did an online shop from the boat (I've never done that before).

We filled in all the forms PLF, declaration for transit through the Netherlands etc. but there was only a cursory glance at Bergen airport to see if we had a PLF not that it belonged to us or it was a current one just that we had something that looked like a PLF. No one looked at any of the other forms

The PCR tests were waiting for us at home on the Saturday evening. Oddly my wifes and mine were to be returned to different addresses.We caught the priority post on Sunday afternoon. My wife received notifiaction that the lab had received hers on Tuesday morning and a negative result that afternoon. The first I heard was a negative email late Tuesday evening.

@rob@rar, I suspect you will be released from quarrentine later today - And I'm very jealous you got some skiing in
snow conditions
Quote:

Thanks

They contacted you?

Via email?

Yes, when the result was in I got an email and text to log into my account on amazondx to check the result.

If you log into your account you should be able to see where your test is at eg in transit or at the lab. There is also a link to track it with Royal Mail
ski holidays
brownie wrote:
Quote:

Thanks

They contacted you?

Via email?

Yes, when the result was in I got an email and text to log into my account on amazondx to check the result.

If you log into your account you should be able to see where your test is at eg in transit or at the lab. There is also a link to track it with Royal Mail

Thanks
latest report
@Mike Pow, much to my surprise, six minutes ago I received an email from Amazon saying my test kit had arrived at their lab, with a link to their webpage showing the progress of my test kit.

Credit to Amazon, not only have they significantly lowered the cost of getting a Day-2 PCR test, but have lined up their IT systems to provide clear info on the test as it progresses through their system. It’s not especially quick if they have only just received the kit I posted on Monday, but they rely on the Royal Mail who are busier than usual with Christmas post and no doubt are struggling with Covid absences like many employers.
snow conditions
we have priority post boxes around here & they should be the only ones to use when posting tests back.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agree, Amazon worked well and is cheap. I only used them as my original supplier (the main UK government one...that will teach me Eh oh! ) failed to despatch my test. Bit of a last minute purchase but the kit arrived on one day. Took almost 2 days to get to the lab but that’s Royal Mails fault not amazon, then quick turnaround of the test by amazon.

Quote:

@Mike Pow, much to my surprise, six minutes ago I received an email from Amazon saying my test kit had arrived at their lab, with a link to their webpage showing the progress of my test kit.

Credit to Amazon, not only have they significantly lowered the cost of getting a Day-2 PCR test, but have lined up their IT systems to provide clear info on the test as it progresses through their system. It’s not especially quick if they have only just received the kit I posted on Monday, but they rely on the Royal Mail who are busier than usual with Christmas post and no doubt are struggling with Covid absences like many employers
latest report
rob@rar wrote:

Credit to Amazon, not only have they significantly lowered the cost of getting a Day-2 PCR test, but have lined up their IT systems to provide clear info on the test as it progresses through their system. It’s not especially quick if they have only just received the kit I posted on Monday, but they rely on the Royal Mail who are busier than usual with Christmas post and no doubt are struggling with Covid absences like many employers.

Agreed

And the Government could have taken charge of this and all the money by offering low cost; consistently priced; quick testing at entry points across the UK.
snow report
Boy's flying home Friday and we have his Randox test delivered here - plan to take it to airport so we can drop it off at a collection point on way home. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get result back with Xmas, Boxing Day and then 2 Bank Hols! And of course whether anyone contacts him
snow report
Mike Pow wrote:
And the Government could have taken charge of this and all the money by offering low cost; consistently priced; quick testing at entry points across the UK.
+1
latest report
Boris wrote:
Boy's flying home Friday and we have his Randox test delivered here - plan to take it to airport so we can drop it off at a collection point on way home. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get result back with Xmas, Boxing Day and then 2 Bank Hols! And of course whether anyone contacts him

Don't hold your breath Smile
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:

Just received email
ski holidays
Or set a maximum price that private providers can charge (like the French did)...but then that would not fit with their ethos and would upset their friends and Tory donors Wink

Quote:

Agreed

snow report
My parents had a funny one when they came back a few weeks ago - They got notification of their Day 2 result as clear and then around an hour later were run by track and trace saying someone that was a close contact was positive. Not doubt someone on the plane had come back as positive and they were contacting everyone in the vicinity .... but then as they had returned a clear test they were told they did not have to isolate so it was completely and utterly pointless because everyone who would have been a close contact would have taken a test for the same Day 2 test and either known they were positive or negative.
snow report
We got back last saturday night - day 2 pcr completed early Sunday morning and dropped into priority post box near to us in time for the Sunday 4pm collection. Can't fault Arrival Diagnostics in delivery of the tests etc but the return process has all gone wrong - the tracked 24 Royal Mail prepaid label for the return of the kit was not scanned through so we weren't able to follow progress of the kits. Finally got an update this morning to say it would be delivered to the lab today - so much for 24 or even 48 hour delivery. I don't even think the tests will be valid now after so long........With the news this morning about reduced isolation period and having been in a car for our journey and staying in an apartment on our own I'm going to take daily lateral flows and get on with life.
latest report
We got back Saturday lunch time. PCR at the airport. Results back Sunday PM (Express Test). Freedom. Got pinged yesterday. Someone on flight must've tested positive (GVA-BHX). Luckily don't have to isolate just do LFTs. Fingers crossed they all stay clear.
latest report
Quote:

I'm going to take daily lateral flows and get on with life.

I'd do exactly the same - perfectly reasonable. Have a good Christmas!
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I'm going to take daily lateral flows and get on with life.

I'd do exactly the same - perfectly reasonable. Have a good Christmas!

Which, if you're vax'd, is the correct procedure (+avoid elderly/vulnerable)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy