Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
@Klamm Franzer, thanks, I didn't express myself well in my post ( now edited). what I meant was a day2 pcr on return.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do everyone a favour and print all your boarding passess, NHS Certs, Locator Forms, Antigen test and use them at check-in. Incredibly time consuming and frustrating seeing groups of 4-6 people handing over 4-6 mobile phones for each separate information item. So 24 phone passes for a group of 6 each time with the user trying to find the right thing. It was driving the desk staff nuts. And then there being the IT novice who cant seem to find anything combined with the assertive, but unhelpful member of the party making matters worth.

The tech works for 1 or 2, but beyond that it is ridiculous....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
........assuming one can access a printer.

And be warned, if flying BA uploading your documents to their pre-flight clearance form does not always work. We went through the palaver of doing so before flying back from milan last week and got emails to say all had been verified and we were clear to check in and so, we thought, did so. Got to counter where my partner was told she was not checked in and thus must produce all documents. Despite showing them the email confirming clearance, it was not showing on the check-in screen so that was it. Then followed just such as faff as described, particularly as my partners phone is v. basic and most of what had been done was on a pad that needed wifi....................yes we sorted it eventually but it was bloody frustrating and would have been seriously annoying for those behind.

Hastily added, we were in an airbnb with no printer access otherwise we would have definitely carried hard copies
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you can't access a printer, try adding copies of all the documents to a draft email, or send to each other. That way, either party can open them and they will all be in the same place, so can easily be opened one at a time without too much faff.

Phone signal should be easier to access than logging onto airport wifi.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brianatab wrote:
If you can't access a printer, try adding copies of all the documents to a draft email, or send to each other. That way, either party can open them and they will all be in the same place, so can easily be opened one at a time without too much faff.

Phone signal should be easier to access than logging onto airport wifi.

We used a shared folder on onedrive that automatically synched and kept offline copies, I assume iCloud, Dropbox etc all do the same. Just make sure everyone uses sensible naming conventions. That way one person can show whatever is needed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I just stick them in a dedicated group/family documents whatsapp group - that’s then at everyone’s fingertips (usually literally for the kids …)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all generally for your helpful posts on this thread.

We are traveling as a family to Italy first week of Feb. Our niece who is 13 is hoping to come with us. She has had one dose of the vaccine but cannot get another until after we get back.

She is under 18 and so normally quarntine would not apply according to the website BUT the website states specifically that she must be with a fully vaccinated parent. My wife and I are both fully boosted etc. On the basis that she is traveling with us and not her parent is it likely to make a difference and she will have to qurantine for 5 days? I suspect it will unfortunately but hoping someone out there will have been in a similar situation and be able to assist.

the other difficult bit is that we have booked our flights and we are now tryind to add her to the booking which is not easy.

any help appreciated.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dgmskier, every day when I read about people who are taking 12-16 (or is it 18?) yr olds I thank my lucky stars our ski group are now adults.

There is a whole separate thread on this, it's not good reading...

The latest is that as from 10th Jan anyone over 12 years of age will need a super green pass to access any Italian restaurant (inc outdoor) or ski lift (it's unclear to me if that's just covered lifts). To have this pass you need to be vaccinated or have recovered (and have a QR code which proves this).

IMO you'd have to be brave to take a 13 yr old as you'll be relying on restrictions easing in the next month which seems unlikely. Personally I wouldn't but I don't have to manage the expectations of a teenager.

good luck Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@richb67, thanks for your reply. Our two are 8 and 9 and so I don't see it being a (major) problem with them.

the teen bit is tricky though for the reasons you point out. Her not being our child just makes it a whole lot worse and so I suspect you are correct that we shouldn't attempt it.

can you link to the other thread you mention?

cheers
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dgmskier, I was thinking of these
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156480

I think there is a bit of a meltdown on this one...
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157836

good news that your two are under 12 Very Happy

where are you going ?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ponte Di Legno. Passo Tonale is where the boys learnt to ski. That resort is a little bland and boring but we have fallen in love with Ponte (just down the road) and the surrounding area generally. Can get to a number of decent places from there also.
We were supposed to be going to Cervinia over new year also but chickened out due to restrictions etc.
thanks for the links.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Right so....

We're two triple jabbed adults flying into Innsbruck on the 16th Jan to spend a month in Italy. We've booked a private transfer straight from Innsbruck to our apartment and I'm pretty sure I've got a handle on what we need to do, and would be grateful if anyone can spot something we've missed.

1. Negative PCRs taken no more than 48 hours prior to landing in Austria (booked private tests with a guaranteed pre-22:00 result for the 15th).
2. GreenPassItalia downloaded and NHS proof of vaccine uploaded to this app.
3. Boarding passes / Proof of vaccine certificates / Fit to fly certs and PCR results *printed* (like it's the actual 90's).

Are there PLFs for Austria and Italy that we need to fill out, and does anyone have a link?

I recognise I'm jumping the gun a bit here as the rules have a full 12 days to change, but would be useful to see if anyone thinks I need anything else?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What about the return journey...?
If returning from Italy to the UK via Innsbruck, do we need a negative PCR to enter Austria or will LFT and proof of immediate departure suffice?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
you don't need the greenpassitalia, its just a third party app that holds a copy of your green pass, it may be useful or may not (some hold multiple peoples QR codes which can be handy)

you do need a PLF for Italy and can fill it in beforehand, submit and then edit https://app.euplf.eu/#/

I assume you need one for Austria but have never used it gov.uk is good for linking to that kind of thing

personally I like to check the QR codes on the Italian verificaC19 app (See earlier posts https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157544&start=280#4894920)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I cant answer for Austria but Italy 's form is here: https://app.euplf.eu/#/

Your paperwork above looks good but you don't up load your nhs pass you just use the app to check it works.

Caveat our trip is the same time as yours so haven't travelled yet so I maybe wrong.

Maybe worth sorting your return tests to save faff in Italy or the requirements may change...
latest report
@richb67, Thank you kindly! I have read your previous posts and used the VerificaC19 app to check our QR codes work and they do. Although I’ll be downloading the latest versions the day before we travel.

@wam15, we’re in Italy for a month so my expectation is that the rules will have changed for the better or worse in that time and that I’m too far out to worry about the return leg yet!

I’ll fill out both PLFs even though we’re just transiting through Austria (will be there less than an hour in total), as I’m determined to have every possible chance of skiing this year!
snow report
Klamm Franzer wrote:
@nickH, I think that you can do a LFT within 24 hours instead of a PCR within 48.

I’ve not heard that but it would be a good development IMV
AFAIK, everyone must submit the results of a PCR test within 2 days of entering the UK and quarantine till they have the results. A negative result releases quarantine.
snow report
@LukeRibs, sounds sensible to me the rules will undoubtedly change!
snow report
I print out everything. I even print out stuff for other people who don't have a printer (it's fashionable to not have a printer Smile ).

The NHS app for example doesn't start if there is no mobile data (and roaming can fail occassionally, briefly). Sure you can generate the vacc cert as a PDF and copy it to your Downloads folder or whatever; that's the next best thing to printing.

Dropbox/Onedrive/google drive/etc need mobile data again.

Also, many corporate email systems strip out dropbox etc links from emails, so you can't email your vacc cert to somebody.

Italy requirements are
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements

For those who don't click on links in web posts Smile it is currently:

If you can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated
If you travel from the UK and can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated, you can enter Italy without needing to self-isolate. In addition:

you must fill in the passenger locator form (EU PLF) before you enter Italy to get a QR code to show to your travel provider and Border Police. You can ask for paper form if you do not have an electronic device
you must show evidence of a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours before entering Italy OR a negative antigen test taken within 24 hours before entering Italy.
other regional requirements may apply (see Regional restrictions below)

If not vacced, it is more complicated.

The 24/48hr change came in on 20th Dec. Before that, it was 48hrs for either the LFT or the PCR.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 4-01-22 20:40; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
I wonder if one of you who's received details of how to fill in the plf when travelling via innsbruck via Brenner Pass could post them here. I know it's in English, but only just ... and trying to work out what they want in each page isn't really clear. We're travelling independently, so no handy rep to help out.
ski holidays
Can anyone shed some light on the definition of 'Fully Vaccinated'? Is it 2 jabs or 2+booster? Also, is there a time limit after the second jab? Ta.
latest report
@Klamm Franzer, The way I understand it is, both can be classed as fully vaccinated, but the last jab has to have been within 270 days.

Effectively, if you just had the second, you are ok, if you had the 2nd before April 2020, you need the Booster.

Certificate of recovery also counts as an equivalent, as you have to wait 12 weeks before getting another jab.
ski holidays
That 270 days is also dropping to 180 from 1st Februrary
snow report
dgmskier wrote:

We are traveling as a family to Italy first week of Feb. Our niece who is 13 is hoping to come with us. She has had one dose of the vaccine but cannot get another until after we get back.

She is under 18 and so normally quarntine would not apply according to the website BUT the website states specifically that she must be with a fully vaccinated parent. My wife and I are both fully boosted etc. On the basis that she is traveling with us and not her parent is it likely to make a difference and she will have to qurantine for 5 days? I suspect it will unfortunately but hoping someone out there will have been in a similar situation and be able to assist.

the other difficult bit is that we have booked our flights and we are now tryind to add her to the booking which is not easy.

any help appreciated.

I have spent all day trying to figure out whether a trip to Italy at half term is viable for our family, which includes a 13 year old... mainly focussed on whether he can get on a ski lift rather than getting there in the first place, possibly an error! But re super pass etc... he can get his second jab 4 days before we go (not soon enough to get double jabbed proof and super green pass) but he will be within 6 months of a positive PCR. I've booked a private remote GP appointment for this Thursday afternoon to obtain a proof of recovery certificate including a QR code. Not cheap at £89 but not the most expensive online either, most seem to be £120+. I've got the VerifaC19 app ready to roll the instant I get my hands on a QR code for him. I will report back if it works.... but would also love to hear whether this has worked for anyone else? Really annoying that other countries' health authorities will provide proof of recovery for free but not here.
ski holidays
iblair wrote:
That 270 days is also dropping to 180 from 1st Februrary

Hopefully they don't impose a similar time limit from the booster. rolling eyes

I had mine at the beginning of October.
ski holidays
susieq78 wrote:
dgmskier wrote:

any help appreciated.

I have spent all day trying to figure out whether a trip to Italy at half term is viable for our family, which includes a 13 year old... mainly focussed on whether he can get on a ski lift rather than getting there in the first place, possibly an error! But re super pass etc... he can get his second jab 4 days before we go (not soon enough to get double jabbed proof and super green pass) but he will be within 6 months of a positive PCR. I've booked a private remote GP appointment for this Thursday afternoon to obtain a proof of recovery certificate including a QR code. Not cheap at £89 but not the most expensive online either, most seem to be £120+. I've got the VerifaC19 app ready to roll the instant I get my hands on a QR code for him. I will report back if it works.... but would also love to hear whether this has worked for anyone else? Really annoying that other countries' health authorities will provide proof of recovery for free but not here.

I would be interested to know how you get on please fingers crossed and good luck
snow report
Thanks for all your help guys - I will report back if and when I get into Italy via Austria!

In terms of having everything printed; if you absolutely can't do so, then you can use the NHS app to download your Covid travel passes to the 'wallet' app on your iphone (if you have one) which works offline. I have scanned my Covid travel passes with the VerifiaC19 app, and also uploaded them to GreenPassItalia and they seem to work - so I'm hoping for sake of ease that when I get to Italy I can use the 'wallet' function to show passes to get in places.

I will be carrying printed copies of *everything* though...
snow report
BTW - you can also download you NHS pass to your Google Pay wallet on Android now.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just to confirm - sorry if wrong thread

When travelling back from Italy i need a day two PCR as per UK gov rules, DOES this need to be pre purchased before my holiday, do i need the code on it for my PLF or is the code i put on the PLF the antigen test i take whilst away?
latest report
You need to purchase the PCR before you depart (not sure about the rest of your question) :: I would hold off purchasing just for now ; requirement might be binned shortly ..

Having said that - you may still need something for the outward journey..
snow conditions
No need to buy a day 2 Prc before you go. It will be a waste if the rules change.
If needed, you can order one online, to be delivered whilst you are away.

The reference number you need for the plf is normally sent in the email confirming your order.
ski holidays
petes wrote:
BTW - you can also download you NHS pass to your Google Pay wallet on Android now.

Cant with the Scottish one but you can view it off line
snow conditions
thankyou, outward all paid for so will wait until this evening
latest report
Now booked to Italy was just looking at ordering the family a load of FP2 masks to take with us. Any particular recommendations for which to order. There seems to be loads but some very concerning reviews.
ski holidays
Got this link from another snowHead . seems a few have bought from this place before.
https://www.medisave.co.uk/ffp2-respirator-face-masks-box-of-50.html
snow report
@NickyJ, Get ones with the European CE and not the China export CE.

5 layer for FFP2

Note it can be made in China and have the EU CE mark and most of the masks will be made in China anyway.

See https://support.ce-check.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360008642600-How-To-Distinguish-A-Real-CE-Mark-From-A-Fake-Chinese-Export-Mark
snow conditions
No need to purchase the Day 2 PCR before departing for your holiday, but you will waste a piece of your life, because let's say you order it when you get back, it will arrive next day (hopefully), you take it, post it, get the result 2 days later (hopefully). Until the result comes back negative you are supposed to sit at home, isolating.

Whereas if you get it before travelling, you can take the test on the last day of your holiday (so if you caught something on the return flight, it won't affect it), post it at the arrival airport, and get the result, and be released from isolation, as soon as is possible under the current system.

Best thing is to do the Day 2 test when you arrive at one of the walk-in facilities, and then you are free immediately. But the one I saw at LGW needs to be online booked and there can be a waiting list. Much better on weekdays, but few skiers travel on weekdays, for obvious reasons, plus the lack of shuttle buses. Mind you, ski shuttles are probably the best way to catch the virus Smile

I got a load of FFP2 masks from amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/OptiPro-Particulate-Respirator-KN95-FFP2/dp/B086LJTJ2V?tag=amz07b-21

I actually wear FFP3 on any enclosed gondolas, or airliners. But those have the straps that go around the head, so less convenient. That said, IME, most enclosed gondolas run empty nowadays, so mostly there is no need.

All are made in China anyway, the real/fake CE mark is nonsense (the chinks - I do business with them almost daily - are perfectly able to print a perfect one) and FFP2 aren't particularly effective due to poor fit, regardless of what's in them. FFP3 can be very good if adjusted right; I've just used mine with some Toluene based adhesive and got hardly a sniff.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 5-01-22 14:20; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
@brianatab, thank you
@GlasgowCyclops, thankyou as well, it was this sort of review comments that was making me nervous of the stuff off Amazon
ski holidays
Peter Stevens wrote:
No need to purchase the Day 2 PCR before departing for your holiday, but you will waste a piece of your life, because let's say you order it when you get back, it will arrive next day (hopefully), you take it, post it, get the result 2 days later (hopefully). Until the result comes back negative you are supposed to sit at home, isolating.

Whereas if you get it before travelling, you can take the test on the last day of your holiday (so if you caught something on the return flight, it won't affect it), post it at the arrival airport, and get the result, and be released from isolation, as soon as is possible under the current system.

Puzzled Puzzled surely the purpose of all this is to pick up on a positive test and isolate yourself accordingly - not to see if you can get your test in before you test positive, and then avoid isolating (even though you are positive!).

I must have read this wrong surely!!
snow report
brianatab wrote:
Got this link from another snowHead . seems a few have bought from this place before.
https://www.medisave.co.uk/ffp2-respirator-face-masks-box-of-50.html

Ive bought a ffp2 masks from this site ( but not those linked to) and the service and prices were good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy