Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

12-16 year olds - Italy rules?

Poster: A snowHead
The hotel we are staying at (Alpe di Siusi) says that they will accept a letter from the GP as evidence of vaccination. As per the lifts they need to be "activated" every day, again using proof of vaccination. But once activated you can freely use the lifts.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nicholsg wrote:
We're going to try anyway. Have 12 year old twins. One has had Covid and is therefore recovered and the other has has a single jab. My understanding is that they will be able to get lift passes with a negative Antigen test every 48hrs (which is the green pass) - we'll use a local pharmacy in Corvara for the test. They can eat in the hotel restaurant and can eat on balconies on the ski field etc. with the green pass.

I think the only problem will be eating inside in restaurants - technically they meet the criteria for a super green pass, certainly the one who has recovered does - we just can't prove it with a QR code. We can show the records in the NHS app with a child linked to a parents account. The other child with one jab may have an issue but the rules do say 15day after the 1st jab until the 2nd. The 42 day rule I posted above could be an issue. I'm hoping at least some of the restaurants are sensible as the issue is the lack of QR code, not actually breaking the rules.

So we might just be eating in the hotel the whole time!

If there's anything I'm missing please let me know - we fly on the 20th and I'll certainly report back to this group.

gosh brave - let us know how you get on please
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
guidelines on the UK NHS website - failing to mention that we cant get a QR code for our children!

Super Green Pass
In addition, a stronger requirement for a Super Green Pass is needed to access most hospitality and leisure facilities from 6 December until at least 15 January. A Super Green Pass certifies full vaccination or recovery.

People aged 12 and over, including minors aged 12-17, will not be able to obtain a Super Green Pass on the basis of a negative test. Children under the age of 12 are exempt from presenting a Super Green Pass.

Italy will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record as the equivalent to a Super Green Pass as long as it is in the form of a verifiable digital QR code. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Few comments:

No green pass (super or normal) needed on ski lifts that are open - so if going to a resort with chair/button only not an issue.

We been told to bring as much evidence we can, one jab card, letter from school, letter from GP and NHS email advising positive test. Cervinia ski pass office might accept. If not, kids can get tested every 48 hours in pharmacy, 30 euros each.

Hotel has said we are fine to enter and eat in hotel.

We are also taking a gamble and if worse case kids can’t eat out we will bring food to hotel room for them. Not ideal but skiing is the focus after few years of nothing. First world problem I accept.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We go 17-23 so will update
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Message below from our tourist office in champoluc

I confirm that we have spoken with the Ministry of Health and a full vaccination cycle is required to access restaurants and generally go into public spaces.
If you want to use the lifts, you will have to take an antigenic test every 48 hours.
These can be taken at the Champoluc chemist’s and must be booked in advance (Tel. +39 0125 307183)

Since your son has no proof of vaccination – if my understanding is correct – he will have to take a test upon arrival, undergo quarantine (5 days), take another test and then go to the hotel or location he intends to stay in with a private transfer (no public transport).

Please also note that these regulations are valid until 15 Jan 2021. We will check with our local authorities if and how these rules may change after this date. I would suggest you check again with us after this date.

I understand all this may sound complicated, but please also refer to our page for further information https://www.lovevda.it/en/before-your-trip/information/coronavirus
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If arriving with vaccinated adults doesn’t have to quarantine. Rules for getting into Italy different from GreenPass
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rinky75 wrote:
If arriving with vaccinated adults doesn’t have to quarantine. Rules for getting into Italy different from GreenPass

i realised this after i had posted it.

We can go if the hotel will accept us and we eat in there every night (expensive) and eat outside every lunch.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Unless Italy’s rules are relaxed, it looks like game over for anyone over 12 and under 16 who is not had at least two vaccines.
And even if they have,because they’re under 16 the NHS will not provide electronic certification. I would start phoning your travel companies NOW!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@CeliaCo, unless your children have the super green pass, not only can they not enter restaurants (not a deal breaker for my son and I). The deal breaker is they cannot enter gondolas or cable cars. We are going to Selva in February. To me it seems pretty hopeless unless the Italians relax their rules.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
charleslsegal wrote:
@CeliaCo, unless your children have the super green pass, not only can they not enter restaurants (not a deal breaker for my son and I). The deal breaker is they cannot enter gondolas or cable cars. We are going to Selva in February. To me it seems pretty hopeless unless the Italians relax their rules.

That’s not correct - you can (currently) use all the lifts in the dolomites with only a basic green pass - ie by testing every 48 hours. It will change if the region goes into the orange zone, in which case a super green pass is required.

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/Plan-ski-holiday/Green%20Pass

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 12-12-21 18:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh well, seems my selva holiday on the 20th Dec is off - my daughter has just tested positive (and has the temperature and cough to back it up).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pejoli wrote:
Oh well, seems my selva holiday on the 20th Dec is off - my daughter has just tested positive (and has the temperature and cough to back it up).

oh thats so disappointing!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pejoli wrote:
charleslsegal wrote:

That’s not correct - you can (currently) use all the lifts in the dolomites with only a basic green pass - ie by testing every 48 hours. It will change if the region goes into the orange zone, in which case a super green pass is required.

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/Plan-ski-holiday/Green%20Pass

our area is a white zone so they can access lifts with a negative test
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
lacabo wrote:
The hotel we are staying at (Alpe di Siusi) says that they will accept a letter from the GP as evidence of vaccination. As per the lifts they need to be "activated" every day, again using proof of vaccination. But once activated you can freely use the lifts.

Hi Can I ask is this a full vaccine cycle or one dose?

Thanks
ski holidays
Hmm, I got different answers from two different tourist offices. Does anyone have real experience from dolomites?

1.------------------------------------------

Good morning,

yes, 15 days after his first dose does he gets the "Super Green Pass"
which is valid until the time limit within the second dose must be taken.

Kind regards

2.----------------------------------------

Good morning,

by now the Italian law considers fully vaccinated only if with 2 doses and if you have been vaccinated with 1 dose in Italy. The last is not valid for people form outside of Italy.

Unfortunately it is not our decision and not in our competence to decide this. As long as we are classified as white and yellow region, the child needs to take tests and is so allowed to ski. But as soon as we are classified as orange, only recovered and fully vaccinated people are allowed to use our lifts.

Kind regards
latest report
klukc7 wrote:
Hmm, I got different answers from two different tourist offices. Does anyone have real experience from dolomites?

1.------------------------------------------

Good morning,

yes, 15 days after his first dose does he gets the "Super Green Pass"
which is valid until the time limit within the second dose must be taken.

Kind regards

2.----------------------------------------

Good morning,

by now the Italian law considers fully vaccinated only if with 2 doses and if you have been vaccinated with 1 dose in Italy. The last is not valid for people form outside of Italy.

Unfortunately it is not our decision and not in our competence to decide this. As long as we are classified as white and yellow region, the child needs to take tests and is so allowed to ski. But as soon as we are classified as orange, only recovered and fully vaccinated people are allowed to use our lifts.

Kind regards

The first statement is correct but the super green pass will only be valid for 42 days after which time , unless you have had the second jab - it will no longer work.

This point is vastly overlooked... it was another snowhead on here that found that fact out...but it is obvious when you think about it - if they granted unlimited validity with one jab - nobody would bother having the second..

We have cancelled our 20th Dec trip as its all too bloody vague - and all rules are valid until they get changed at a moments notice.
Not prepared to risk thousands on a holiday which could be ruined with one small change.
Full refund coming from Crystal.
latest report
In our case it's going to be 15 days after the first dose the same day as we arrive - we will take our chances because we cannot get the refund...
snow conditions
As in Italian I can say this with certainty and experience.... bureaucracy in general in Italy is problematic and hard going at the best of times being enforced/interpreted differently in different communes/councils...let alone where constantly changing covid rules are applied!!
It's also the same in every place as to how they interpret 'the rules' and apply them and somedays you'll get the answer you want from someone and other days not.

I'd prepare for worst case and have a plan b so to speak to allow yourself the ability to not have your holiday ruined. Going without official recognised Italian paperwork (a doctor's note confirming vaccination for example may not be accepted by an officious ski resort employee having a bad day on the day) may leave you disappointed otherwise!

Remember covid is changing constantly and Italy are more cautious with their restrictions than the UK, with rising cases things may change again over Xmas.
snow conditions
So after weeks of discussions with the wife and all the valuable information shared on this forum we have decided to go ahead with our trip. We fly into Milan on Friday and have a private transfer to Cervinia.
We are a family of 4: I am double jabbed, recently had Covid so can’t have booster yet but got the recovered qr code on app. Wife is tripled jabbed. Son (15) and daughter (13) both one jab and both had Covid recently.
In terms of documentation, we have got a letter from our GP with details of kids one jab and NHS email confirming positive PCR test.
No idea what will or will not be accepted for green or super green for kids but have accepted worst case test every 48 hours. Hotel has confirmed they will sort with Pharmacy.
I expect we will be in resort by early afternoon so first job is to visit lift pass office and find out.

Will update this group as and when I can but any specific questions please shout.

It’s a gamble but weather looks perfect and recent snowfall has made it worth it.
snow conditions
rinky75 wrote:
So after weeks of discussions with the wife and all the valuable information shared on this forum we have decided to go ahead with our trip. We fly into Milan on Friday and have a private transfer to Cervinia.
We are a family of 4: I am double jabbed, recently had Covid so can’t have booster yet but got the recovered qr code on app. Wife is tripled jabbed. Son (15) and daughter (13) both one jab and both had Covid recently.
In terms of documentation, we have got a letter from our GP with details of kids one jab and NHS email confirming positive PCR test.
No idea what will or will not be accepted for green or super green for kids but have accepted worst case test every 48 hours. Hotel has confirmed they will sort with Pharmacy.
I expect we will be in resort by early afternoon so first job is to visit lift pass office and find out.

Will update this group as and when I can but any specific questions please shout.

It’s a gamble but weather looks perfect and recent snowfall has made it worth it.
#

We're going to do the same - bit of a gamble but if the rules stay the way they are the only issue may be restaurants. I've emailed quite a few and am getting mixed responses - some have said they want a QR code for kids and others have said letters are fine. Worst case we'll eat in the hotel every night.

Good luck!
ski holidays
nicholsg wrote:
rinky75 wrote:

#

We're going to do the same - bit of a gamble but if the rules stay the way they are the only issue may be restaurants. I've emailed quite a few and am getting mixed responses - some have said they want a QR code for kids and others have said letters are fine. Worst case we'll eat in the hotel every night.

Good luck!

Good luck to both of you - I’m green with envy (see what I did there …) - look forward to the on-the-ground reports.

About to sort out my refund/ rollover with Inghams - hoping they’ll accept one Covid case with the junior as grounds to cancel the whole thing (everyone else is over 1Cool. Worse case I’ll have to let them keep the money and roll it to another time.

Will be interesting to see the promised 15th Dec announcements from Italy tomorrow - fingers crossed for you all.
snow report
There might finally be a brexit benefit. From what I can see the announcement means travellers from EU countries have to show negative test on arrival even if fully vaccinated.
As the UK is in Italy’s list D (non EU the rest etc) we have to do that anyway.

Are there any other rumours you are hearing? Hotel needs paying 16th so we have time…
snow conditions
Another change in rules: https://generationsnouvelles.net/italy-imposes-new-health-restrictions-on-its-borders-for-the-holiday-season-rt-en-francais/
snow report
Note the big change for UK arrivals, 24 hours prior for antigen not 48 as has been. PCR still 48
snow report
It will probably be moot, given how things are going here, and may well change before mid-January when it effects our group, but does anyone know the situation re transit i.e. Turin airport, for direct road transit to France? TIA
snow conditions
For anyone still interested in traveling to Italy with kids, we arrived last night and it seems fine.

We have 12 yr old twins - one who has had Covid and one with a single Jan from October. I think it will be down to the person you get at the ski pass shop, and your negotiation skills but we managed to get them on the lifts. They seemed ok with the single vaccine based on a printout from the doctors and maybe didn't notice it was more than 42 days ago (or its not an issue - I wasn't going to ask!) - they did have a problem with the recovery note from the doctor even though I had an almost identical one with a QR code that their scanner accepted. They allowed him on with a negative test - and accepted one from the UK even without a QR code. It only lasts 48hrs.

I'll try again with the recovery certificate but looks like we're fine to ski with negative tests every 48hrs.

I think restaurants will be patchy - had lunch inside today with no questions asked, but some signs on restaurants needing Super Green Passes
ski holidays
Now that we know the the rules, the weather is going to bi shitty. Snowing all four days Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nicholsg wrote:
For anyone still interested in traveling to Italy with kids, we arrived last night and it seems fine.

We have 12 yr old twins - one who has had Covid and one with a single Jan from October. I think it will be down to the person you get at the ski pass shop, and your negotiation skills but we managed to get them on the lifts. They seemed ok with the single vaccine based on a printout from the doctors and maybe didn't notice it was more than 42 days ago (or its not an issue - I wasn't going to ask!) - they did have a problem with the recovery note from the doctor even though I had an almost identical one with a QR code that their scanner accepted. They allowed him on with a negative test - and accepted one from the UK even without a QR code. It only lasts 48hrs.

I'll try again with the recovery certificate but looks like we're fine to ski with negative tests every 48hrs.

I think restaurants will be patchy - had lunch inside today with no questions asked, but some signs on restaurants needing Super Green Passes

So great to hear you are there and everything is working fine (ish)

We are also taking the punt and going. fingers crossed Italy doesnt ban us before then.

Enjoy your holidays.
ski holidays
nicholsg wrote:

Just wondering how you got on throughout the holiday? Did thr kids manage to get on the lifts everyday or end up having to test every 48h?

We are due to head out on Monday, our 13yo son is double jabbed but only have the print out from the doctors showing this, no QR code.

Currently deciding whether to take the gamble or not!
ski holidays
Hi,

We actually had no problems with our single vaccinated 12 yr old. The ski pass office accepted a printout from the NHS and gave her a pass for 10 days. There is a small risk that the person at the desk demands a QR code but the people I saw didn't really bat an eyelid with the NHS piece of paper.

The issue we had was with our son who has had Covid - two separate ticket offices rejected the NHS letter and we had to test him every 48hrs. This is actually quite easy and if you do it in the evening it covers him for the next 2 ski days.

I'd recommend the app AppoFarmBZ if you are in the Dolomites - it's in Italian but pretty intuitive. We put my sons details in and could book appointment times - when we turned up to the pharmacy they found him, gave us a slip of paper and the test is like a drive through!

About 30-60 min later we got an email confirming the result.
snow report
That’s a useful app you recommend- do you know if it covers the whole of Italy ie Aosta ? Seems to concentrate on the Dolomites. Thanks
ski holidays
If the present restrictions are still in place for the February half term holiday and I have a 15-year-old who has now been double vaccinated and will get get an NHS QR code certificate,specifically for travel am I correct to assume he will also be able to get a super green pass in Italy
ski holidays
I think the app is for the Bolzano region
latest report
charleslsegal wrote:
If the present restrictions are still in place for the February half term holiday and I have a 15-year-old who has now been double vaccinated and will get get an NHS QR code certificate,specifically for travel am I correct to assume he will also be able to get a super green pass in Italy

Yes - Super Green basically means you can't test - need to be vaccinated or recovered
snow report
I don’t understand what you mean by ‘you can’t test’. I assume that even with all the certificates, You still need to do a test in resort once, for the Italians and once before you go home so you can get on the plane.
snow conditions
charleslsegal wrote:
I don’t understand what you mean by ‘you can’t test’. I assume that even with all the certificates, You still need to do a test in resort once, for the Italians and once before you go home so you can get on the plane.

They won't accept a test for a super green pass. So if you are not fully vaccinated or recovered you won't be allowed in Restaurants etc.
ski holidays
But we are all vaccinated. I understood that even taking this into account you still have to take a test after 4 days you arrive to re validate your super green pass which allows you to use enclosed lifts and enter restaurants.
latest report
To add some useful information i have just received the below email from the tourist board in Aosta. It pulls the plug for our half term ski holiday as our 12 year old will not have been double jabbed by then as has not had covid (even though the rest of us did over Xmas) not sure when end of emergency period will be though ….

Good morning!
At the moment the rules say that, from 10th January till the end of the emergency status it is necessary to have the Super Green Pass (having been vaccinated or recovered from Covid) in order to have access to:
- means of public transport
- bars and restaurants even outdoors
- hotels and accommodation facilities
- ski lifts with tourist-commercial purposes even if located in ski areas
- and others...
As your 12 year old son is not vaccinated and had not Covid he cannot have the Super Green Pass, for which a negative swab is NOT valid.
For any updated news about the rules for Covid-19, you can see https://www.lovevda.it/en/before-your-trip/information/coronavirus.
Should you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Barbara
snow report
It’s the hope that kills you. The odd drip of news that omicron may not overwhelm health systems here, youngest booked for 2nd vacc 27th jan there……France under pressure to relax entry.

Fully expecting not to go feb half term (self drive through France to aosta) but not cancelled yet. Can just see youngest getting covid in next few weeks and that’s game over for vacc and super green pass.

But as I said it’s the hope that hurts.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy