Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

12-16 year olds - Italy rules?

Poster: A snowHead
I am correct in reading 12-16 year olds with one jab are currently allowed into Italy but won’t automatically qualify for the green pass. For this they will need to test every 48 hours (antigen). Does this mean they can’t enter a ski lift or restaurant etc until they have the result.
If so, anyone know how long each result will take and how much? Cervinia for 6 days pre Xmas is now looking not great if my understanding is correct.

Any guidance appreciate
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does this help?
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156436
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rinky75, we're in a similar situation as you but we're waiting to see if we can go for the Xmas -> New Year week in a group that includes 5 kids in this age range. It looks like the "Super Green Pass" that Italy are looking to introduce from the 6th of December will put the kibosh to our plans. The Green Pass would have allowed us to go with the kids testing every 2 days but now we're buggered. This was all pre-Omicron too, so goodness-knows what will happen in the next couple of weeks.

If all the UK's various Governments got the kids double-vaxed and recorded in the app like the adults, we'd be fine; fat-chance of that happening...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
From what I can find out the chance of 12-16 having 2nd jab is low to zero in the short term. Talk of around spring which means anywhere that classes one jab as unvaccinated is off limit.
Also booked whistler for Easter and they have same rules….currently
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dunno if this helps, looking for the same for our 2 kids for between christmas and new year... for us its got another more annoying twist as our eldest is 12 just before christmas, so if we jab him, he won't get the cert until something like 15 days later, after we'd have gone. However, as he has had COVID reasonably recently (as did we all) he could possibly get the recovery certificate.

Quote:

Can children get an EU Digital COVID Certificate?
Yes, children can get an EU Digital COVID Certificate.

Two EU authorised vaccines can currently be used for children aged 12-17 based on a positive scientific assessment of the European Medicines Agency (EMA): the BioNTech Pfizer vaccine Comirnaty and the Moderna vaccine Spikevax. Children can also receive a test or recovery certificate. These certificates could also be received by their parents and stored in the parents' smartphone app.

The updated Recommendation on the coordination of free movement restrictions in the EU provides that minors travelling with parents should be exempted from quarantine when the parents do not need to undergo quarantine, for example due to vaccination. Children under 12 should also be exempted from travel-related testing.

From the EU digital COVID certificate page
https://ec.europa.eu/info/policies/justice-and-fundamental-rights/eu-citizenship/movement-and-residence/eu-digital-covid-certificate-vaccinations-and-travel-restrictions_en

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 29-11-21 11:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rinky75 wrote:
I am correct in reading 12-16 year olds with one jab are currently allowed into Italy but won’t automatically qualify for the green pass. For this they will need to test every 48 hours (antigen). Does this mean they can’t enter a ski lift or restaurant etc until they have the result.
If so, anyone know how long each result will take and how much? Cervinia for 6 days pre Xmas is now looking not great if my understanding is correct.

Any guidance appreciate

The testing to get green pass has been taken off the table by Italian decree - coming into effect from 6th December.

Whether one jab remains good enough is a very grey area (I have given up trying to pin this down) - it is really not clear but since Spain, Austria , France have all gone down the 2 jabs = fully vaccinated route - I cant imagine Italy will hold out against that.

And either way - unless we can show proof in a QR code - I doubt we can go. We have a piece of paper from the GP showing our teenagers single vaccine - but in a busy ski resort they are going to tire V quickly with checking random bits of paper like this.

We are now assuming Crystal will cancel our holiday...but they will not do anything until after 6th Dec.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The person writing this blog is claiming the super green pass will require two jabs (ie be in line with other EU countries - however, no idea where that info has come from, as nothing else seems to have been published on the details, so take with a pinch of salt (ski resort press officers don’t seem to be very accurate in their understanding of differences between EU Covid passes and the original Italian green pass, if the other dolomite area websites are any indication): https://www.sauzeonline.com/super-green-pass-what-is-it/
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Crystal emailed me about 30 mins after I posted here.

They said if we meet the “super green pass” requirements - which they state as “fully” vaccinated or recovered within 6 months then holiday is still on…

If we do not meet the requirements- we can amend and get 10% discount off the new holiday or cancel with refund.

We will now be cancelling .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’m going to wait until the actual regs are published, and then decide whether to do the same (though we’re SC in an Inghams apartment, so if they are a PITA they could argue there’s nothing to stop us going)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We thought about waiting but our departure date is 20th Dec and they said we need to decide 14 days before departure…
New Italian rules are from 6th so cutting it super fine.

The super green pass in combo with all the other red tape (not to mention now the costly PCR’s on return) means even if we could go - the fun will have been sucked out of it sadly.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok, I’d better get on the phone to Inghams (we’re also in Selva from the 20th) - we’re slightly luckier in that we only have a 16 year old to worry about, but even so …. But I’m assuming the regs will be published before they go live.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
12-15 year olds in UK can have 2nd jab 3 months after first. Ours had their nov 3rd so cervinia December 17 is out as won’t meet super green pass.
Appreciate super green pass not in until December 6th but seems pretty clear one jab will not satisfy.
At least means one less hurdle for Canada in April.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Again, I may be in denial here, but nothing I’ve read *actually* says they will increase the need to two jabs (that would take out of circulation a number of Italians who’d not yet got to the time span of having a second one, which might be seen as too negative). It’s phrased as dropping the regular testing option as a valid alternative.

But I agree - common sense suggests that’s the way it will go, particularly now with Omicron.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nothing wrong with being in denial, my better half is the same.
I did suggest (via text) we leave the kids with grandma…..awaiting update
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry for those of you going over Christmas & New Year but today’s decision might just save half term. My boys’ recovery certificates will expire the week before our trip as they were positive in August so the second jab is great news.
snow conditions
Definitely good news for half term. Will be some on the edge if you need to have had the jab 14 days before arrive but for those teenagers who had first jab in October should be fine.

We got two weeks in Whistler in April so lessens the Xmas blow - appreciate first world problems
snow report
for what its worth and some of this will be invalid now we were in Cervinia 2 weekends ago, but hope it helps:

Daughter 17 - 1 dose of vax. Green Pass app showed as invalid using the 1 dose bar code from NHS app.
Green Pass uploaded my double vax barcode (the dose no 2 one) with no issues. [you need to crop the screen shot to just show the barcode only before upload].

Easyjet Luton bag drop or at gate - check Passport, and vaccine status on NHS app, F2F LFT test status on PDF. Sticker on back of passport was indication you could get on plane.

Nobody checked anything at arrival airport inbound except stamp passport

In resort - No Green pass check to collect lift passes, but you must buy online first.

To get on gondola go through a cordon - We used the fit to fly antigen test result for first day to get access to Gondola.
Big line to get through - everyone has green pass on phones. Occasional faffing with bits of paper.
In our case bit of paper from fit to fly test was accepted (they looked at the dates on it and let us in).

Masks on gondola. FFP2 supposed to be, but folks just using buff alot.

No issue going to Swiss side or getting around.

Town / Restaurants. Masks everywhere. Got a further LFT test in the pharmacy for 20EUR for rest of trip. That gave a bar code which we COULD load onto Green Pass, and it shows valid. Queues for testing (mostly of antivax lift workers it seems).

Every restaurant / bar was checking green pass to get in. But again you could wave bits of paper at them.

Flight home - Daughters Green pass expired 20mins before we arrived at airport to fly home. You need a negative test to get into airport. Big fuss about letting us through at bag drop, but in the end they gave us the bit of paper everyone else got to validate travel. At gate no further checking if you had magic bit of paper.

Restaurant in airport also flagged red as expired test. But let us in since was only just expired.
ski holidays
So they have published the regs, and looks like it’s confirmed that two jabs are required. On the plus side, you can still access ski lifts and cable cars and your own hotel restaurant with just a regular green pass - but not other restaurants (but you can sit outside and eat).

These were the best articles I found (edge will translate it for you):

https://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/super-green-pass-e-obbligo-vaccinale-ecco-novita-24-domande-e-risposte-AEM514y?refresh_ce=1.

https://www.lavoripubblici.it/news/decreto-legge-misure-urgenti-super-green-pass-consiglio-dei-ministri-27098
latest report
Can you share the reference to access ski lifts and own hotel etc.
We have 13 and 15 one jab and would possibly still go December 17 to cervinia if can access lifts and our own hotel with standard green pass which would mean kids testing every 48 hours.

Think that’s how I understood what you said?
ski holidays
IIRC both those links above when translated talk to both points (I finally found something MS Edge was good at - who knew! You can just right click and choose translate).

Here’s another one that summarises it in English:

https://italygreenpass.com/what-is-the-super-green-pass-for-holidays-in-italy/
snow conditions
Thanks, I managed to use translate Which seemed to confirm the above. Better news than expected. Thanks
ski holidays
Is it clear whether the Green Pass rather than the Super Green Pass is ok for airports?
snow report
Hmm good point.
Seems entry into Italy is not green pass related but then into the issue of can you physically be in the airport due to green pass rules.

I would hope the negative test within 48 hours of landing would tick the box for basic green pass as you transit out to your location.

But not 100%
latest report
A snowboard instruction, cervinia local, just messaged to say currently the standard green pass is ok for accessing ski lifts but fears this won’t last long and will move to super green pass requirement.
latest report
Have spent today reviewing a bunch of websites, and the regs themselves, I'm still bullish that the requirement to only have one jab to qualify for the super green pass (as it was before, for the now-basic green pass) remains. I guess we shall see when the next release of VerificaC19 gets released with the changes - though the regs have already gone live in the Venezia region as of yesterday.
snow conditions
However … something else seems to have changed as my daughters 1/2 qr code which gave me a green tick last week, now gives a ‘non valida’ in the VerificaC19 app. I don’t think they’ve updated the app yet, so I’m not sure if something else has changed (I got her to generate a new copy in the nhs app, with same result). My own 2/2 continues to work.
snow conditions
I wonder if they have implemented logic in the VerificaC19 app to age out the first jab based on date - my daughters was on Oct 5th, which is now 8 weeks ago. So while the green pass is valid from the first jab (+15 days) the expectation might be the user needs a second jab for it to continue to be valid (which of course would be sensible, and much closer in alignment to the EU Covid certificate).

Would also explain why some (me mainly) reported a pass , while others were rejected.
ski holidays
I was just emailed by the sued tirol tourist information website - www.suedtirol.info/en

They said that a single vaccination IS still good enough to get the super green pass... I have asked them if there is a link to the official Italian government guidance on this...

I have also asked if we can get a paper proof (printout from GP) converted into a QR code so making life simpler all round...

So holiday could be back on ... crikey what a bloody emotional rollercoaster this is turning out to be.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So Ive done a 180, and now think that technically we won’t qualify for either green pass, but hope there’ll be enough latitude that presenting evidence of the one jab will be enough to get us into restaurants etc - I think as long as they have plausible deniability if they ever got pulled up on it, they’ll be happy to take our money. The change that we’ll now be on the path to getting the second jab in a few weeks helps with that.

I also emailed the hotel that our sc is an annex of, and they said as she’d have one jab she’d qualify and they’d be happy to serve us.

The one pain will be the Dolomites lift pass, as they’ve integrated it with the COVID app and needs reconfirming every morning- In the absence of a working qr code I presume we’d then have to go to a kiosk every day and get it over-ridden (or suck it up and get a test qr code every couple of days).
ski holidays
sheffskibod wrote:
I was just emailed by the sued tirol tourist information website - www.suedtirol.info/en

They said that a single vaccination IS still good enough to get the super green pass... I have asked them if there is a link to the official Italian government guidance on this...

I have also asked if we can get a paper proof (printout from GP) converted into a QR code so making life simpler all round...

So holiday could be back on ... crikey what a bloody emotional rollercoaster this is turning out to be.

If you could keep us updated it would be appreciated.

We're just about to pull the plug on a week in Cortina before Christmas. Two adults (both double jabbed), a twelve year old (single jabbed) and a nine year old (no jab).

We have our hotel booked through Booking.com and can cancel for free before midnight tomorrow. Easyjet flights so will change to February half term.

Having to jump through so many hoops doesn't feel much like a holiday to us.......
snow report
Pejoli wrote:
So Ive done a 180, and now think that technically we won’t qualify for either green pass, but hope there’ll be enough latitude that presenting evidence of the one jab will be enough to get us into restaurants etc - I think as long as they have plausible deniability if they ever got pulled up on it, they’ll be happy to take our money. The change that we’ll now be on the path to getting the second jab in a few weeks helps with that.

I also emailed the hotel that our sc is an annex of, and they said as she’d have one jab she’d qualify and they’d be happy to serve us.

The one pain will be the Dolomites lift pass, as they’ve integrated it with the COVID app and needs reconfirming every morning- In the absence of a working qr code I presume we’d then have to go to a kiosk every day and get it over-ridden (or suck it up and get a test qr code every couple of days).

do you know what the process is with re-activating the lift pass every day?

I will be there with my NHS covid pass / QR code. How do I use this to activate the left pass?
latest report
Details are here:

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/Plan-ski-holiday/Green%20Pass
snow report
I have to say - the people at suedtirol.info have been amazingly responsive...

I have just had a couple more emails:

You can find the official information under the following link: https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2021/11/26/news/super_green_pass_domande_e_risposte-327932578/ (paywalled)

Il Green Pass che si riceve 15 giorni dopo la prima dose diventa anch'esso un Super Green Pass? Oppure è come quello che si ottiene presentando un tampone negativo? In sostanza, il Super Green Pass lo si ottiene dopo 15 giorni dalla prima dose oppure bisogna aspettare la seconda? (Gianni)
Con il nuovo decreto del governo si introduce una differenza tra un Green Pass "base", che si ottiene sottoponendosi a tampone molecolare o antigenico, e un Green Pass "rafforzato" (o "super") che si ottiene solo se si è vaccinati o guariti dal Covid. Il certificato viene generato automaticamente dalla Piattaforma nazionale DGC dopo 12 giorni dalla somministrazione della prima dose ed è valido dal 15esimo giorno dopo la prima dose fino alla data della seconda dose. Dopo la seconda dose ha validità di 9 mesi.

There is a lot of confusion about this new super greenpass..The super greenpass is valid starting from the 15th day after the first dosis and it’s valid until the second. After the second dosis it will be valid for 9 month.

And then:

You won’t be able to convert your paper document into an italian QR Code, if you need help because someone doesn’t accept it (shouldn’t happen but if..) you can tell them to call us or the local tourism board of the area where you will be. We will explain and answer all questions.

For the ski pass: if South Tyrol is declared white or yellow area there is no need of “super” green pass – only if it’s orange.

I hope I could help you in this information labyrinth
snow conditions
Yes, the 15 days since the first jab was what is originally based my understanding on - however it’s completely at odds with the eu COVID certificate, so always seemed bizarre.

My belief now is that the green pass was always intended for double jabbed people, but they put that clause in to not disadvantage people at the start of the vaccine cycle - ie you would reap the pass benefits from the start - actually a very sensible and pragmatic approach. As far as I can tell, the new amendments for the super green pass don’t change that.

The vaccine cycle in Italy (for Pfizer at least) is three weeks, so I suspect they’ve coded the app to age out the first jab after a few weeks - explaining the odd behaviour of some of our 1/2 qr codes working (eg my kids for an initial period but not mine from March)

However, if that’s the intent there’s a good case to argue that our first jab will shortly be followed by a second, and therefore in the spirit of the law we should qualify. I hope everyone except the ‘computer says no’ types will have enough flexibility to accept that.
snow conditions
Been told the “governor” of cervinia will announce in coming days if super green pass or basic green pass will be needed to access lifts.

For those with 12-15 kids, how are you checking QR code. We only have a crappy card from school?

Secondly, do they not still need to test every 48 hours with the basic green pass.

As someone said, far too stressful, should be looking forward and checking webcam every hour not this.
snow conditions
Just had an email from Crystal about our holiday to selva on 20/12. They are now giving us until 12/12 to make a final decision.

Says they are keenly aware of the problem for teenagers not being able to access NHS travel pass (and all important QR code).

Reading between the lines - this suggests someone is busy trying to open the system up - but equally they warn not to trust other forms of evidence…

“ We're aware that the NHS Covid Pass is not currently showing proof of COVID vaccination or recovery for 12-15 years olds and they are working on a solution.

We're also aware that some destinations may accept other forms of proof. Unfortunately, we're unable to guarantee that these will be sufficient, so right now we're only recommending the NHS Covid Pass as proof of your COVID-19 status.”

At least with the extension , we live in hope plus we can see how the resort functions in the opening week with all the restrictions.
snow report
Thanks for the update. My wife said the same “let’s see what happens on the ground from the 6th”

Will update if hear anything more.
latest report
We're in the same (pre) teens going to Italy boat as all of you. To save duplication, I posted a reply from my MP in the taking teens skiing thread - https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4867512#4867512

We're hoping to go over New Year and some of our trip-members are already twitching over the cancel button. The ideal scenario would be to have 1 jab or recent recovery from Covid accepted for whatever's needed and that status to be available in an app for each child. If the time in between jabs is brought down to 4 weeks, as is sort-of being suggested, and that's recorded in the app then we're all good to go. However, I don't see it necessarily panning-out like that...
latest report
Hi.

Been watching and reading this as we are also off to Italy on the 27th with 2 teens. One vaccinated with 1 jab and the other will be within 6 months of having covid (and has been unable to be vaccinated due to rules saying can only be vaccinated after 3 months of having covid).

This is on the gov website about travel to Italy.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/coronavirus

In addition, a stronger requirement for a Super Green Pass is needed to access most hospitality and leisure facilities from 6 December until at least 15 January. A Super Green Pass certifies full vaccination or recovery.

People aged 12 and over, including minors aged 12-17, will not be able to obtain a Super Green Pass on the basis of a negative test. Children under the age of 12 are exempt from presenting a Super Green Pass.

Italy will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record as the equivalent to a Super Green Pass as long as it is in the form of a verifiable digital QR code. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Sounds like we wont be able to travel with them at all.
snow report
I think need to see what happens on the 6th - suggestion the basic pass will be allowed for ski lifts but agree doesn’t look good.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy