Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
@Reallyrubbishskier, sorry can't confirm. I'm just reading the update the same as everyone else.
The table states *without proof of vaccination. 7 day self isolation will apply.
This is all assuming the UK stays on the orange list.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Correct, still very clear on government website that over 12s, take on vaccinated status of parents. I can't see them changing that with the amount of French families living in England and wanting to travel to France for Christmas.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ma94jcg, from same website "For minors under 12 years, the vaccine status of their parents or accompanying guardians shall apply".
Just quoting the text
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’m hoping it’s poor translation on the English page. On the French summary it is still clear minors take on parent’s status

https://mobile.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/129936/1034871/file/0412-deplacements-internationaux-vert-orange.pdf
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unvaccinated minors adopt the status of their accompanying adults according to the Sworn Statement form to be completed (text pasted below)

SWORN UNDERTAKING TO COMPLY WITH RULES FOR ENTRY
INTO METROPOLITAN FRENCH TERRITORY
(FROM AMBER LIST COUNTRIES)

This statement shall be presented to the transport companies before boarding and to the border control authoritie
The measures applied to vaccinated adults are extended under the same conditions to their accompanying minors, whether vaccinated or not.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ma94jcg wrote:
I’m hoping it’s poor translation on the English page. On the French summary it is still clear minors take on parent’s status

https://mobile.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/129936/1034871/file/0412-deplacements-internationaux-vert-orange.pdf

it all hinges on the definition or minors. the google translation is "The measures applied to vaccinated adults extend under the same conditions
to accompanying minors, whether or not they are vaccinated.". the semantics now start over the definition of "minor". although I am pretty sure this table hasnt changed for a few weeks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We will find out soon enough as families will start crossing into France from Thursday.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boarderfarce wrote:
The official website has been updated today.
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/article/entry-requirements-for-individuals-arriving-from-green-red-orange-and-scarlet
Including quarantine for un vaccinated.
The random pcr testing is now explicit.
Not good news

how do you know this was updated today. the information is not dated ? it looks the same to me as it was last week ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It’s only an issue for 12 and above if they are travelling alone and are not vaccinated. In that case they are treated as an unvaccinated individual.

If anyone under 18 is travelling with vaccinated parents then they are exempt from having an essential reason to travel and exempt from quarantine. They do need to have their test 24 hours in advance instead of 48 hours though- that’s the only difference.

I have been studying this like mad as we leave Thursday. So unless the details changed today - that is what the rules are.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
L0ve2ski wrote:
It’s only an issue for 12 and above if they are travelling alone and are not vaccinated. In that case they are treated as an unvaccinated individual.

If anyone under 18 is travelling with vaccinated parents then they are exempt from having an essential reason to travel and exempt from quarantine. They do need to have their test 24 hours in advance instead of 48 hours though- that’s the only difference.

I have been studying this like mad as we leave Thursday. So unless the details changed today - that is what the rules are.

i agree. but has thrown me a bit with comments on here. however when looking deeper it seems these comments at not correct.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Children aged 12 years old or over who are not fully vaccinated and travelling with a fully vaccinated adult are required to present a negative test result (PCR or antigen). In this instance, the child aged 12 years old or over does not need to provide an essential reason for travel, nor do they need to self-isolate on arrival.

Children aged 12 years old or over who are unvaccinated and travelling alone are subject to the same conditions adults who are not fully vaccinated. Children aged 11 years old or younger do not need to present a negative test result to travel.

From the Gov.Uk website

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i really wish the people who put the info on the gov website would learn good document writing protocol and put a date the article was written / is effective from .
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The format of the table has changed including details of random tests and quarantine which I see as an update. Apologies if I've mislead anyone. I was only quoting the text and did my best to avoid any self assessment
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boarderfarce wrote:
The format of the table has changed including details of random tests and quarantine which I see as an update

which again illustrates my point about the need for dating the articles rolling eyes
and the need for the 3 "official" french websites to contain the same info that is not contradictory
my head hurts !
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yep in the same boat as everyone else. Supposed to be travelling Monday with 2 children under 12. So stressful checking all these updates. I think I just need to stop looking for a few days.
latest report
I'm heading out in a weeks time, this is all way way too stressful. I've been going round in circles looking at the 'official' French websites and the last update to the restrictions I can find was on the 8th, nothing to do with minors but red/scarlet red country classification.

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage

Surely if they'd have removed the ability of an unvax'd minor to travel with a vax'd adult there would have been a press release or something....
latest report
L0ve2ski wrote:
Children aged 12 years old or over who are not fully vaccinated and travelling with a fully vaccinated adult are required to present a negative test result (PCR or antigen). In this instance, the child aged 12 years old or over does not need to provide an essential reason for travel, nor do they need to self-isolate on arrival.

Children aged 12 years old or over who are unvaccinated and travelling alone are subject to the same conditions adults who are not fully vaccinated. Children aged 11 years old or younger do not need to present a negative test result to travel.

From the Gov.Uk website

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

But as the UK GOV website says,

Before you travel, check the ‘Entry requirements’ section for France’s current entry restrictions and requirements. These may change with little warning. Monitor this advice for the latest updates and stay in contact with your travel provider.

I cannot now see it on the normal links. Just hope this gets corrected in the right way overnight!
snow conditions
One of the links from the Gov.UK website -

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France

states -

2. Quarantine in France

Tourist traffic between France and foreign countries is opened under procedures which vary depending on the health situation in the other country and the vaccination status of travellers. .

People not fully vaccinated travelling from the UK must make a sworn declaration to self-isolate for a period of 7 days once they arrive in France, then take another PCR test following this period of self-isolation.)]

Children:

Children, whether or not they are vaccinated, are not subject to compelling reasons and quarantine if they are accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
Unvaccinated children aged 12 and over must have taken a PCR or antigen test in the past 24 hours.
Book an online PCR test in your area at https://www.doctolib.fr/
latest report
For the fully vaccinated I don't think there will be any imminent changes because the current entry requirements on the link posted by Boarderfarce, https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/article/entry-requirements-for-individuals-arriving-from-green-red-orange-and-scarlet are identical from both Orange and Red listed countries.

In fact both re also the same as from a Green list country outside eu.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 15-12-21 0:44; edited 1 time in total
latest report
From the French Embassy U.K. site and should clear everything up!

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918
snow report
That's the same as P&O just published on Twitter
https://twitter.com/POferriesupdate/status/1470896385750929414

rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions
On Eurotunnel, https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/#foca states over 12s get Parents vax status for entry but their link to amber list is broken!

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/
ski holidays
A general Covid/winter sports holiday post:

I caught Covid last week on a trip to Norway and Finland. I felt ill near the end of the trip, but nothing was picked up at the Rovaniemi antigen test (to gain re-entry to the UK), but it was identified at the Day 2 PCR test in the UK. Symptoms - knackered, coughing, hot/cold, some sneezing. I’m fit and young enough to get through this without medical intervention. After all, I’m typing now!

So, this puts paid to:
Arosa over New Year, for the second season running. The hotel have been brilliant again on the money side. I had made sure Swiss Air and CBB tickets were refundable.
Serfaus in February.

This is because I can still show positive in PCR’s for up to 90 days afterwards and my family may get the bug from me anyway. It’s not worth the risk of losing serious money and the stress.

I’m as nuts about skiing and the mountains in winter as all you good folk. I normally get that bug back each year at the end of August, I start monitoring webcams,etc.

But I’m actually relieved in a way to get this now, to end this season before it got started. The Scandinavian travels involved the usual ever-growing file of Covid docs, plus all the Covid stuff loaded on our phones. Only ever a single faux pas away from being refused border entry or exit. Not to mention the threat of quarantine. Hotel spas may’ve been closed, taking away much of the fun of a day in the Alps.

Testing companies such as Gatwick’s Express Test have made a killing from us, for no-shows. In the end you have a load of credits you’ll never use. Some serious billionaires being made across the world.

My last skiing was New Year 2019/20 in Schladming. So this is my longest sabbatical for 25 years.

The lesson I’ve finally, finally learnt - stop booking hotels and flights!!! (Except booking.com free cancellation deals). Instead, see how it all pans out, book very last minute next winter if and when the rules are gentler.

Seeing Macron possibly about to add yet another tier of red-tape, I’m glad I’m out.
snow report
From what I understand it'll be another case of tit for tat from the French. They will adopt the same rules as us - test to enter followed by PCR by day 2. However I've no idea how they'd manage compliance with this, esp at peak periods. We've not skied since 2019 so have resigned ourselves to the fact it may or may not happen again. I certainly don't want a holiday that comes with red tape and worry. Have until 14th Jan to decide so should have a much better idea by then. Back up plan is to change to Easter which I know some people swear by!
ski holidays
Are you not now thinking does this make any sense?
snow report
Snow&skifan wrote:

I caught Covid last week on a trip to Norway and Finland. I felt ill near the end of the trip, but nothing was picked up at the Rovaniemi antigen test (to gain re-entry to the UK), but it was identified at the Day 2 PCR test in the UK. Symptoms - knackered, coughing, hot/cold, some sneezing. I’m fit and young enough to get through this without medical intervention. After all, I’m typing now!

So, this puts paid to:
Arosa over New Year, for the second season running. The hotel have been brilliant again on the money side. I had made sure Swiss Air and CBB tickets were refundable.
Serfaus in February.

This is because I can still show positive in PCR’s for up to 90 days afterwards and my family may get the bug from me anyway. It’s not worth the risk of losing serious money and the stress.

I’m as nuts about skiing and the mountains in winter as all you good folk. I normally get that bug back each year at the end of August, I start monitoring webcams,etc.

But I’m actually relieved in a way to get this now, to end this season before it got started. The Scandinavian travels involved the usual ever-growing file of Covid docs, plus all the Covid stuff loaded on our phones. Only ever a single faux pas away from being refused border entry or exit. Not to mention the threat of quarantine. Hotel spas may’ve been closed, taking away much of the fun of a day in the Alps.

Testing companies such as Gatwick’s Express Test have made a killing from us, for no-shows. In the end you have a load of credits you’ll never use. Some serious billionaires being made across the world.

My last skiing was New Year 2019/20 in Schladming. So this is my longest sabbatical for 25 years.

The lesson I’ve finally, finally learnt - stop booking hotels and flights!!! (Except booking.com free cancellation deals). Instead, see how it all pans out, book very last minute next winter if and when the rules are gentler.

Seeing Macron possibly about to add yet another tier of red-tape, I’m glad I’m out.

I'm really sorry to hear that you are saying your season is over. Sad

But, given that you don't need to test to get into Austria (if fully vaccinated) I'm puzzled as to why you are writing off the entire season in mid December.

You still have another 6 months of great glacier skiing to go at in Austria and only need to do a lateral flow (as things stand) to get back into the UK. wink
ski holidays
I echo something said earlier.....can we have some updates posted by people who are shortly leaving however good or bad their experience? Fingers crossed it's all good, but sometimes it's easy to forget to update on positives. Thanks. Obviously rules are changing all the time but still good to hear.
snow report
@kettonskimum, leaving the UK to enter France, or leaving France to enter the UK?

I’ve been in Les Arcs since last Friday, driving here via the Eurotunnel. Did a lateral flow test (bought from C19Testing) 48 hours beforehand, and uploaded my vaccine certificate, LF result and statement of honour to Eurotunnel’s website. The journey couldn’t have been smoother, no questions at all when passing through the French border at Folkestone. For me, fully vaccinated adult travelling without kids, there were no issues at all.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, both please. So glad to hear of your experience (sounds a bit like mine in summer - but with kids).

There's just so much ambiguity regarding self administered tests or not, testing capacity in resort, spot testing, lift checks - it could drive us mad. The reality can be quite different!
snow report
kettonskimum wrote:
There's just so much ambiguity regarding self administered tests or not, testing capacity in resort, spot testing, lift checks - it could drive us mad. The reality can be quite different!
Been skiing for 4 days, not had a single check for my Pass Sanitaire, either on ski lifts or mountain restaurants.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
kettonskimum wrote:
Been skiing for 4 days, not had a single check for my Pass Sanitaire, either on ski lifts or mountain restaurants.

If they don't do it now, I wonder how they are going to handle the Xmax/NY crowds
latest report
We're driving over Friday with the kids (10 & 11), have uploaded the relevant documents to the Eurotunnel website, and like in the Summer, am expecting a smooth journey South Little Angel
snow report
@Snow&skifan, I'm hoping like mad to be going early January - nothing booked so will be looking for last minute as it seems the easiest option at the moment!
Luckily - no kids - fully vaccinated - will be driving - will be happy with pretty much any resort as long as I can get into a decent hotel or catered chalet.
ski holidays
I'm lost on this thread.... lots of 'woe is me' talk as if the rug has been pulled out from under people.

Has something changed overnight?
snow report
Specialman wrote:
I'm lost on this thread.... lots of 'woe is me' talk as if the rug has been pulled out from under people.

Has something changed overnight?

We’re expecting new France entry regulations before the end of this week. General feeling of despondency as everyone fearing the worst (although no one knows for sure what is going to happen)
snow conditions
@ma94jcg, oh.

That's about right; we fly out Sunday, it'll be just our luck to get screwed with something preposterous

Is it something that's been mentioned in the news?
snow report
https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2021/12/15/covid-19-4-000-patients-attendus-en-reanimation-autour-des-fetes-selon-gabriel-attal_6106166_3244.html

Further restrictions expected by end of the week
ski holidays
Boarderfarce wrote:
I think I just need to stop looking for a few days.

It's definitely not good for our mental health.... my mind is tired from two weeks of checking, re-checking and reading a thousand different opinions.
latest report
Just a note if you are using Chronomics tests and have ordered Fit2Fly and Return Antigen tests.
They are identical kits but there is nothing on the packaging to indicate which is which. There is a kit id on a slip of paper inside and only by entering this on their website can you tell which are the fit2fly tests.
latest report
Bergmeister wrote:
Snow&skifan wrote:

So, this puts paid to:
Serfaus in February.

I'm really sorry to hear that you are saying your season is over. Sad

But, given that you don't need to test to get into Austria (if fully vaccinated) I'm puzzled as to why you are writing off the entire season in mid December.

You still have another 6 months of great glacier skiing to go at in Austria and only need to do a lateral flow (as things stand) to get back into the UK. wink

Also think it's a bit pessimistic to think you'll be testing +ve from this bout in Feb. Yes, it's apparently possible but highly unlikely. I had Covid mid-Oct and PCRs were clear by start of Dec.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy