Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/

France are updating their travel restrictions as of tomorrow. Seeing as how the UK announcements are usually leaked beforehand, are there are any good sources of
leaked info in France?

As one of those affected by the swiss banning those from the UK, I have given up on rescuing this weekends birthday trip away but I am now scrambling to find an alternative
plan for our christmas holiday and Crystal / Inghams / et al dont seem to have a great deal of availability left.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The measures in France for 29th are listed in the linked page https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus

It's all stuff we already know about: 24hr test and masks indoors.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
right there at the top of the page:

Following the discovery of a particularly worrying new variant (B1.1.259), the French Government has suspended flights from seven countries in southern Africa for a minimum of 48 hours (as of 26/11/21).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@HilbertSpace, that's what I thought, but some people seem to be expecting another announcement. I wonder if any of our resident French SHs can help us out?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HilbertSpace wrote:
The measures in France for 29th are listed in the linked page https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus

24hour test? Is this for Unvaxxed before arrival or do we vaxed people need a pre flight Lat Flow or PCR. I can't find anything about this on the Gov.uk website
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
red wrote:
HilbertSpace wrote:

24hour test? Is this for Unvaxxed before arrival or do we vaxed people need a pre flight Lat Flow or PCR. I can't find anything about this on the Gov.uk website

The 24 hour test is for the pass sanitaire for unvaccinated
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys. I took it to mean that they were announcing new restrictions tomorrow. My brain is frazzled tbh!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Phew, I didn't fancy breaking that to the other half. She's already fuming about Geneva. She's losing her chops
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry to say but if you all think that France won’t update their travel restrictions in the next 24 hours whilst all around are your living in cloud cuckoo land . I really hope I’m wrong but I’m preparing to be very disappointed.

Especially when I have this funny feeling the new variant is going to prove to be very mild (a cold) judging by the indications from SA
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think the difference is there are cases already showing up in all the other countries so actually delaying it might have been wise because there is no point adding all the extra restrictions: Germany, Switzerland, France all have the variant now so its not like shutting out the UK will stop the spread. The horse has already bolted
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Rob_Quads, I do hope so but you know what governments are like . They might not stop travel but make it so bloody difficult that it’s just not worth it .

I’m due to drive to Ste Foy friday for a weekend visit to take gear out , after new kitchen refit etc and prepare for the season ahead , New Year visits etc .

Well I’m not going to go if i have to self isolate till I get a negative PCR if they go down that route , who knows .
But I’ve really had enough .
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It doesn't sound like the French are making any moves to change things today, anyway. The only thing I can find so far today is what we already know, like the restrictions on UK travellers into Geneva: https://planetski.eu/2021/11/28/will-swiss-covid-19-restrictions-impact-ski-resorts-in-france/

Selfishly hoping they can make their conclusions about the severity/threat level of this one asap. Travelling to Tignes on the 12th. Travelling from Ireland and haven't booked the flights yet, but could go via Paris (depending on any French restrictions that come into play between now and then).

But Ireland is talking about implementing pre-travel PCR requirements to deal with this variant. I.e. PCR test 24 hours before travelling home - and if positive (would be a small risk I reckon as am vaxxed and would be adhering to every precaution I can)... I don't really fancy quarantining for 10 days over Christmas alone in France... Embarassed

Oh well, a first world problem, isn't it?

Edit: not advocating that it's ok to fly with a positive test vs. getting caught with the virus before flying of course, I'm not evil! To clarify, the other half has decided it's not worth the risk of being stuck there if this rule is the case, whereas I would still be happy to travel and be confident about avoiding picking it up. Oh well.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So it seems that France is being quite sensible. The best course of action is to fortify the tool we know works, full vaccinations.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Um I think there will be more to come tonight
I saw a piece suggesting so on France 24
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Rob Mackley, that would be annoying.
latest report
@Rob Mackley, do you have a link?
snow report
@under a new name, @SamM231, Can’t find the piece anymore which is good news as I can delete from my mind , but the quote said government spokesman saying they will be announcing new travel restrictions after the discovery of new variant . Also a friend with a chalet business in 3 valleys has also said they were awaiting more news tonight . This however good be connected to the original government update .
ski holidays
There was a quote in le Monde this morning to the extent that France wants internal border closures within the EU off the table. Other than that, I've not seen any further news.
latest report
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/

This was the link I saw saying watch this space for updates today.
snow report
@Gadge, looks like on the site from tomorrow. Maybe wrong, but I am waiting with interest as I hope to be travelling on January 4th
latest report
Hoping that it will be similar to UK, i.e. a test required to enter France as it was over the summer.

Well actually hoping this will all blow over by first week Jan and can travel with not fuss
snow conditions
Here's details of the French Update according to the UK Government website: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france

From the summary "Change to COVID-19 PCR test time limit to 24 hours and, from 15 January 2022, introduction of need to show receipt of a booster injection to obtain the French 'pass sanitaire' ". So nothing to be concerned about. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@Alastair Pink, Indeed not - ski trip still looking promising
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Here's details of the French Update according to the UK Government website: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france

From the summary "Change to COVID-19 PCR test time limit to 24 hours and, from 15 January 2022, introduction of need to show receipt of a booster injection to obtain the French 'pass sanitaire' ". So nothing to be concerned about. Madeye-Smiley

Apologies - just so that I am clear, all adults (over 18's) entering France will need a booster jab, on top of the double vaccination shots, to obtain a pass sanitaire?
snow conditions
From Jan 15th is my reading. My wife won’t therefore need one( but she has had one) for our Jan 3rd trip
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:

These are just the updates from the Véran speech last week. The French page https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/ remains to be updated and still has the banner on it?
snow report
@charlie1314, no, I don't believe that is the case. From what I've read the requirement is that your last jab (2nd or booster) must be no more than 7 months ago. If you've had a booster you'll be fine, if not you're 2nd will have to have been less than 7 months past.
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:

This was last Thursdays update, before anyone was openly concerned about the new variant. Expect it to change.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@JDL65, sadly I think you will be right
snow conditions
philipb wrote:
@charlie1314, no, I don't believe that is the case. From what I've read the requirement is that your last jab (2nd or booster) must be no more than 7 months ago. If you've had a booster you'll be fine, if not you're 2nd will have to have been less than 7 months past.

Thank you! Smile

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 29-11-21 22:15; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
@charlie1314, funny emoji is because you did not use one of the admittedly limited range of snowhead emojis I believe
latest report
twoodwar wrote:
@charlie1314, funny emoji is because you did not use one of the admittedly limited range of snowhead emojis I believe

Correct, using the iPhone emojis out of habit!
snow report
Just received this email altert from Gov.uk. Not easy to take and rcive results and then get to destination in 24hrs

France Travel Advice
Change made:
Change to COVID-19 PCR test time limit to 24 hours and, from 15 January 2022, introduction of need to show receipt of a booster injection to obtain the French ‘pass sanitaire’ (‘Summary’ and ‘Coronavirus’ pages)
Time updated:
6:54pm, 29 November 2021
snow report
This appllies only if you are unvacinated

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
snow report
@Thunderer21 This is only for the pass sanitaire, not to actually go to France. If you are unvaccinated (unless you are under 18 and travelling with fully vaccinated adults) they you can't go to France unless you have a compelling reason to travel.
ski holidays
@Thunderer21, Does it have to be a PCR to get into France? Flying via Turin on Saturday, Italy will accept Lateral flow, which I can do just before travel, but 24 hours is impossible for a PCR.

I have one on order, which should arrive tomorrow, which was for my return to the UK. I would have to take the test tomorrow evening, post it for first collection Thursday to have any chance of a result by 6am Saturday.

Just trying to keep up with all the changes as they happen.
Fully vaccinated + booster.
ski holidays
@brianatab, If you are full vaccinated you do not (currently) need a Covid test of any kind to enter France. Only proof of vaccination.
ski holidays
So basically for the fully vaccinated nothing has changed going into France? Correct?
snow report
ajc2260626 wrote:
So basically for the fully vaccinated nothing has changed going into France? Correct?
That's my understanding. Will be heading out next week, so hoping nothing changes between now and then.
ski holidays
@rob@rar, yep me too mate
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy