Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
Am getting confused about the 12 plus entry to France.
I presumed it was as before - if under 18 travelling with fully vaxed parents then they are considered under same condition.
But I can’t find anywhere that is explicitly saying this anymore?
If anyone has a link please share.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

First time poster but been reading this thread regularly to try and decipher the rules ready for our trip in March.

I’ve been reading about the new Pass Vaccinal for 18+ (Which I think replaces the Pass Sanitaire for that age group from the 17th?).

Can I just check other read the proposed rules as the following:

- From the weekend. Have 7 months from second jab for pass to be valid. Don’t get a booster within that time? Pass becomes invalid. Get a booster? Validates pass again

- from mid Feb. Have 4 months from second jab for pass to be valid. Don’t get a booster within that time? Pass becomes invalid. Get a booster? Pass becomes valid again

Is that how others are reading it. We were concerned re any members of our group who have more than 7 months between their 2nd dose and their booster and the obtaining their pass vaccinal.

Does the TousAntiCovid app need to be used or can the NHS app / print-our from be used?

Thanks for your help - sure all will be worth it to get back to the mountains again!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Angela123 wrote:
Hi

First time poster but been reading this thread regularly to try and decipher the rules ready for our trip in March.

I’ve been reading about the new Pass Vaccinal for 18+ (Which I think replaces the Pass Sanitaire for that age group from the 17th?).

Can I just check other read the proposed rules as the following:

- From the weekend. Have 7 months from second jab for pass to be valid. Don’t get a booster within that time? Pass becomes invalid. Get a booster? Validates pass again

- from mid Feb. Have 4 months from second jab for pass to be valid. Don’t get a booster within that time? Pass becomes invalid. Get a booster? Pass becomes valid again

Is that how others are reading it. We were concerned re any members of our group who have more than 7 months between their 2nd dose and their booster and the obtaining their pass vaccinal.

Does the TousAntiCovid app need to be used or can the NHS app / print-our from be used?

Thanks for your help - sure all will be worth it to get back to the mountains again!

Welcome to Snowheads! There is a dedicated thread for the pass sanitaire here where your question may receive a better response: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=158101
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you very much. Will have a look at that thread
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Perty wrote:
Quick update from Eurotunnel Folkestone 4.30am. Somewhat early for our 5.20 crossing. All good, and no issues about the attestation, but for reasons best known to themselves they still want the EOS form today “until lunchtime”. This is the form that says you will quarantine at a certain address (even though the rules have changed). It has a QR code they need to process-I assume it’s because the system hasn’t caught up yet. So don’t be surprised if, as you upload your docs onto your booking, it’s still required. It doesn’t actually mean you’ve just agreed to quarantine!
Very quiet here. Perhaps not surprising given the hour..
And now we are past passport control…WHOOP WHOOP!

Love this post Very Happy have a great trip
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
r11s wrote:
Find it incredible that people would actually visit and spend money in France after the way the horrible snail munchers have behaved towards us. They’ve treated the uk like little female dogs , and we grateful y rush to forgive . Have some self respect.

In what way was what horrible, who are they, ‘the uk’ in what context you can’t treat a country like a bitch as it’s an administrative boundary? Which aspect of self respect is being degraded? Surely if the above is true people are willing to forgive which is a virtuous attribute?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Levi215, off topic ...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Levi215 wrote:
r11s wrote:
Find it incredible that people would actually visit and spend money in France after the way the horrible snail munchers have behaved towards us. They’ve treated the uk like little female dogs , and we grateful y rush to forgive . Have some self respect.

In what way was what horrible, who are they, ‘the uk’ in what context you can’t treat a country like a bitch as it’s an administrative boundary? Which aspect of self respect is being degraded? Surely if the above is true people are willing to forgive which is a virtuous attribute?

Anyone who spends £ in France after this is just a soft bitch. Plenty of mountains outside France . Macron will continue his pathetic attacks on uk as long as folk allow him to without consequences.
We have a choice over wether or not we want to be pussies.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
r11s wrote:
Levi215 wrote:
r11s wrote:

Anyone who spends £ in France after this is just a soft bitch. Plenty of mountains outside France . Macron will continue his pathetic attacks on uk as long as folk allow him to without consequences.

GTFO

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Perty wrote:
Quick update from Eurotunnel Folkestone 4.30am. Somewhat early for our 5.20 crossing. All good, and no issues about the attestation, but for reasons best known to themselves they still want the EOS form today “until lunchtime”. This is the form that says you will quarantine at a certain address (even though the rules have changed). It has a QR code they need to process-I assume it’s because the system hasn’t caught up yet. So don’t be surprised if, as you upload your docs onto your booking, it’s still required. It doesn’t actually mean you’ve just agreed to quarantine!

Excellent stuff! Can I ask which company you used for your tests?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@bezthespaniard, FFS...... stay on topic
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bezthespaniard wrote:
r11s wrote:
Levi215 wrote:
r11s wrote:

GTFO

Guess you opt in to pussy

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This forum needs a report function.

Anyhoo please intrepid travellers share your stories of travel over this weekend and most of all have a great time once you're there!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Minion1980 wrote:
....Anyhoo please intrepid travellers share your stories of travel over this weekend and most of all have a great time once you're there....

+1 regardless of whether you ski piste or not Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
r11s wrote:
Levi215 wrote:
r11s wrote:

how pathetic!
what a twisted world you must live in and how fragile your feeble ego must be
ski holidays
An opinion you’re most entitled to of course .
snow report
r11s wrote:
Levi215 wrote:
r11s wrote:

The choice is whether or not we choose to remove our £ contribution is simply one as to whether we impact a small sector of their economy by a micro %. it's irrelevant... What you're suggesting is trying to influence something you as an individual cannot, similarly like those saying "oh.. we will never ski in France again after this" it's likely they will, and in any case, there are plenty of other people to pick up the slack in the medium term. I understand you're angry, reflection on why that is would probably be a better way to service your frustration rather than removing your economic power from the French.
snow report
@r11s How wonderful it is that people like you won’t go to France anymore. It truly is a win-win for everyone concerned!
ski holidays
Does anybody know if the Tous Covid app is mandatory, or does the NHS proof of triple vaccing suffice? I've got the tous vovid app, but when I upload my latest up to date certificate it says it's expired...
Being a soft bitch, I'm flying to Geneva on Wednesday for 10 days in Les Contamines Very Happy
snow report
@Leonard Smalls,
I've just done mine, you need to use the "Travel" one. This will give you two or three certificates (depending on booster), I've just uploaded all of them to TAC this morning without an issue this morning. Maybe try and reacquire some fresh ones?
ski holidays
Leonard Smalls wrote:
Does anybody know if the Tous Covid app is mandatory, or does the NHS proof of triple vaccing suffice? I've got the tous vovid app, but when I upload my latest up to date certificate it says it's expired...
Being a soft bitch, I'm flying to Geneva on Wednesday for 10 days in Les Contamines Very Happy

The NHS qr codes are fine, though they only have a one month validity. You may need to go into the app and generate new ones. I suspect this might be why TAC is saying it has expired?

If you do just use the NHS app, make sure you save a copy of it in your wallet (or a screenshot on camera roll), so you can access it without the need for wifi/data.

Me, also being a soft bitch, am planning on going overboard and having my NHS codes on wallet, loaded up to TAC and have a laminated print out next to my lift pass just in case my phone runs out of battery!
ski holidays
FIRSTOFTHEGIANTS wrote:
@r11s How wonderful it is that people like you won’t go to France anymore. It truly is a win-win for everyone concerned!

A huge win win. I’ll leave France to your ilk.
snow report
Eurotunnel is deserted this morning! Chose economic reason in the drop down, submitted an EOS PDF and the 14/01 forms to the online portal so auto checkin worked. Just grabbing a coffee then we’ll see how we get on at the border…
snow report
Leonard Smalls wrote:

NHS App is absolutely fine. I have both, NHS works and saves a job but the TAC App allows you to use your pass without logging in.

See you on the slopes in Contamines!
snow conditions
@r11s, can you leave this thread (or perhaps the forum) to us and our ilk too? There’s a good boy.
latest report
r11s wrote:
Levi215 wrote:
r11s wrote:

FYI @admin. Can we please remove this xenophobe?
snow conditions
r11s wrote:
Levi215 wrote:
r11s wrote:

Well you seem like a rational, clear-headed, pragmatic sort of chap.
snow report
Levi215 wrote:
r11s wrote:
Levi215 wrote:
r11s wrote:

The choice is whether or not we choose to remove our £ contribution is simply one as to whether we impact a small sector of their economy by a micro %. it's irrelevant... What you're suggesting is trying to influence something you as an individual cannot, similarly like those saying "oh.. we will never ski in France again after this" it's likely they will, and in any case, there are plenty of other people to pick up the slack in the medium term. I understand you're angry, reflection on why that is would probably be a better way to service your frustration rather than removing your economic power from the French.

You’re quite right if course, a couple of grand spends being withdrawn won’t make any difference, nor will a small proportion of visitors swerving France for a while . However, doing nothing and acquiescing to their hideous bullying isn’t an option.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can we get this thread back on topic, and can anyone who’s wife left them for a Frenchman kindly leave the thread?
ski holidays
BritsInContamines wrote:

See you on the slopes in Contamines!

Aye! I'll be the one in grey and black with a rockabilly style mohawk that you won't be able to see due to a helmet Very Happy
That's assuming my Tuesday LFT is negative!
ski holidays
This thread started when the Border was shut , the border is back open it should now die . Those who want can go back to the pass sanitaire thread .
latest report
Just downloaded the SWORN UNDERTAKING form from both the English and French language sites of the French Ministry and it still has paragraphs requesting the traveller to agree to take an antigen test on arrival and to comply with 48 hours quarantine! No distinction made between vaccinated and un vaccinated at all any where on the form. Loathe to sign something that is wrong!
ski holidays
Hi All

Need some help.. one of my group is an adult and has 1 vaxx and due to myocarditis now has a medical exemption

Due to fly through Geneva and then onto Morzine at the end of the month. I can't find anything on rules for those with medical exemption and looks like they may have to stay at home.

Has anyone found a way to travel with a medical exemption?

Thanks
snow conditions
Rob Mackley wrote:
This thread started when the Border was shut , the border is back open it should now die . Those who want can go back to the pass sanitaire thread .

Still trying to work out if my single vaccinated 14 yo can travel in 5 days- its not over heeeeeelp!!
ski holidays
Rob Mackley wrote:

Currently the English versions of the documents to fill provided by the Frencch Ministry are still incorrect, the French versions are different and appear to have the relevant updates. This is causing a lot of confusion so I think this thread still has some legs yet!
ski holidays
Successful check in for Eurostar. Deserted. Brief panic when lady at first gate asked for PLF but she was quickly corrected by a colleague. No one has asked for attestation yet. Just vaccine and test <24hrs
snow report
Through border control. Wanted proof of vaccination (used TAC as it was convenient) and proof of test. No other questions or documents needed. See you in the mountains!
ski holidays
Perty wrote:

Whaaat! Are you trying to tell me there's an actual, real 5:30? In the morning? Who knew! Very Happy Have a great trip!
latest report
r11s wrote:
FIRSTOFTHEGIANTS wrote:

A huge win win. I’ll leave France to your ilk.

Erm, any chance of leaving Snowheads to 'our' ilk? Asking for 400 friends.
snow conditions
Eh oh!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy