Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
thechris.sn wrote:
Folks travelling out on the Eurotunnel tomorrow, it looks like they haven't updated the check in requirements on the website. What are you putting for the 'reason to travel' declaration? I was tempted to do 'economic' and then upload a PDF saying 'doesn't apply from Friday 14th January' as the proof.

Thoughts?

Thanks. I am to work it out. On the 6:20 on Saturday. Hoping it will change by tomorrow

I am doing the sworn statement. But trying to see anything else that’s needed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi all - long time lurker, first time poster. This thread has been a great hope with our trip to Avoriaz this weekend. We fly to Geneva and then getting a transfer to Avoriaz.

To confirm - can we use a private at home LFT (eg Randox) where you do it at home, upload result, get certificate etc. done within 24 hours of arrival to Switzerland/France? I think this is a correct interpretation?

Thank you!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
obms1234 wrote:
Hi all - long time lurker, first time poster. This thread has been a great hope with our trip to Avoriaz this weekend. We fly to Geneva and then getting a transfer to Avoriaz.

To confirm - can we use a private at home LFT (eg Randox) where you do it at home, upload result, get certificate etc. done within 24 hours of arrival to Switzerland/France? I think this is a correct interpretation?

Thank you!

You can yes. I used Randox for my Christmas trip and once the pic of the negative test was uploaded to the Randox app I had the cert back within a minute. No issues at all.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This page now reflects the regulations from 14th of Jan

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from2

Except it doesn't !!! :: the 'sworn statement' still mentions you need a compelling reason to travel !! :: the page is dated 13th of January (it was 06/01 earlier today) - they have yet to update the downloads

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 13-01-22 21:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As of Friday January 14, 2022, the rules for travel to and from the UK will change.
The applicable rules depend on the traveler's vaccination status.
The vaccination schedule is considered complete 28 days after the administration of a dose for the Janssen vaccine, 7 days after the administration of a second dose for the other vaccines recognized by the European Medicines Agency (Pfizer / Comirnaty, Moderna, AstraZeneca / Vaxzevria / Covishield) and, for people who have received all the required doses of a vaccine authorized by the WHO and not recognized by the European Medicines Agency, 7 days after administration of a complementary dose of a messenger RNA vaccine benefiting from such recognition.
The measures applied to vaccinated adults extend under the same conditions to accompanying minors, whether or not they are vaccinated.
Controls will be organized to ensure the proper implementation of these measures.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Posted the above to show the ‘accompanying minors’ bit.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As of Friday January 14, 2022, the rules for travel to and from the UK will change.
The applicable rules depend on the traveler's vaccination status.
The vaccination schedule is considered complete 28 days after the administration of a dose for the Janssen vaccine, 7 days after the administration of a second dose for the other vaccines recognized by the European Medicines Agency (Pfizer / Comirnaty, Moderna, AstraZeneca / Vaxzevria / Covishield) and, for people who have received all the required doses of a vaccine authorized by the WHO and not recognized by the European Medicines Agency, 7 days after administration of a complementary dose of a messenger RNA vaccine benefiting from such recognition.
The measures applied to vaccinated adults extend under the same conditions to accompanying minors, whether or not they are vaccinated.
Controls will be organized to ensure the proper implementation of these measures.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Eurotunnel just rejected my ‘No longer applies’ upload for the good reason form :/

Anyone else had any luck?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

they have yet to update the downloads

Yes they are still using wrong downloads on english version. if you click on the French version and scroll down in the uk section you will find an 'Engagement sur l'honneur' to download. It is of course in French but this is what was used before and essentially says you do not have symptoms / not been in contact
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@thechris.sn, Regulations do not change until tomorrow - maybe leave it until then?

@pateman99, nice spot !
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@thechris.sn, had problems with eurotunnel rejecting my (valid) paperwork week before Christmas. They manually checked it when I checked in and other than p**ing people off before us all good. I had paper copies of everything neatly organised in wallet folders which made it easier for staff and showed that we were prepared.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
albob wrote:

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from2

Except it doesn't !!! :: the 'sworn statement' still mentions you need a compelling reason to travel !! :: the page is dated 13th of January (it was 06/01 earlier today) - they have yet to update the downloads

Clicking on that link gives a statement that can be used or am I wrong
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Their is an updated form on the U.K. Foreign Office site

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm planning a short 3 day blast to France, flying into Geneva, end of Jan
So, is this right
I'll need a LFT, (24 Hrs beforehand)
Swiss PLF Form, (https://swissplf.admin.ch/formular)
Proof of my vaccination status

Is that correct / everything I need?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lucywuk wrote:
albob wrote:

Not at the moment, as they haven't updated the English version :: but, see the post above from pateman99 (the French statement has been updated)
snow report
Quote:

The rules that apply from Friday January 14, 2022 for travel from the UK to France are as follows:

All travelers, vaccinated or not, must initially present a negative test (PCR or antigen test) of less than 24 hours.
For vaccinated travelers, there is no longer any obligation to justify a compelling reason for coming to France, nor any obligation to respect a period of isolation on arrival in the national territory. As such, the need to register, prior to travel, on the “passenger eOS” digital platform has been lifted. Screenings on arrival can be conducted in the places of arrival. In the event of a positive result, the traveler will be placed in isolation.

For unvaccinated travelers, travel from the United Kingdom is authorized subject to being able to justify an overriding reason valid for “red” countries ( https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L- actu-du-Ministere / Certificate-of-displacement-and-travel ).
Unvaccinated travelers from the United Kingdom must continue to register, before their departure, on the eOS passenger digital platform external link , which allows them to enter the address of their stay in France.

They must, on their arrival in France, observe a strict quarantine period of 10 days at this place; this quarantine will be controlled by the police.

In addition, vaccinated travelers no longer have the obligation to justify a compelling reason for leaving French territory for the United Kingdom.

Travel by unvaccinated travelers is authorized provided they can justify an overriding reason valid for "red" countries. In all cases, travelers wishing to go to the United Kingdom are advised to inquire before their departure on the conditions of entry in their country of destination.

If I'm reading that right you vaccinated people don't have to fill out anything do they? Hence why the updated forms (sworn statements dated 14-01-22 in their site) make reference to tests and quarantine on arrival as it's for the Unvaccinated?

I'm confused and tired, I'm glad I'm going next Saturday by which time this will all be sorted out hopefully

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 13-01-22 22:21; edited 3 times in total
snow report
Ozboy wrote:

that appears to link to the 6/1/22 form for red-list countries. I've downloaded the French 14/1 version to be safe.
snow conditions
Hi there - looking forward now to our skiing trip in Feb! So pleased the borders have opened up.

I have been looking at the swore statement - there is this line here

● I hereby agree on my honour to take an antigen test or biological examination on arrival in metropolitan France (traveller aged above 12 years).

We are travelling by eurotunnel - does this mean that they do random tests when we arrive or you are required to take another LFD test when we arrive off your own back? Or as eurotunnel just chucks you off and you are straight onto the motorway it’s all okay and nothing happens?
snow report
[quote="Minion1980"]
Quote:

<CUT>

If I'm reading that right you vaccinated people don't have to fill out anything do they? Hence why the updated forms (sworn statements dated 14-01-22 in their site) make reference to tests and quarantine on arrival as it's for the Unvaccinated?

I'm confused and tired, I'm glad I'm going next Saturday by which time this will all be sorted out hopefully

Do you know - I believe you are correct ! ; It is indeed for the UNvacced ; the forms have been updated

top of page states

"You arrive in France from the United Kingdom and you do not have a complete vaccination schedule :" etc etc

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 13-01-22 22:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
albob wrote:
@Skimum1, Seems to be correct : just had a look at their website -

"..Rapid Antigen (lateral flow) self-test NOT included (you bring your own test)
Record yourself doing the test
Upload video, photo of ID and test result for verification
ID and test result verified by clinician
Certificate issued within

60min (daily 8:00-20:00)...."

Yep and the list of approved test kits / manufacturers includes 3 out of the 4 different types of test kit I have at home that are sent home from school on a regular basis ie NHS ones. Seems a bit shady to me but I'm not going to argue with a £10 certificate
ski holidays
Ozboy wrote:

Isn't the key bit of this page The French authorities have confirmed that from the morning of 14 January 2022, the UK is on France’s red list. Fully vaccinated travellers (see ‘Vaccination status’ below) must:

Therefore the form is just the red list form from here: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel
latest report
@albob, it's very confusing! They've messed this up a bit, the thing I don't get is if the forms they've updated are only for unvaccinated people where do vaccinated people record their test details?

To be honest I'm not even sure who I will be showing any French documentation to as I'm flying to Geneva with BA so I will fill out the Swiss form, then travel by coach to Les Arcs, I can;t imagine them stopping all coaches at the border to check everyones documents?

I think we will all be eagerly awaiting stories from the brave first travellers to hear what the hell is going on!
snow conditions
albob wrote:
Lucywuk wrote:
albob wrote:

Not at the moment, as they haven't updated the English version :: but, see the post above from pateman99 (the French statement has been updated)

I was being super dumb and looking at the green lost one. But I could have said I was being super bright and looking at the French ones!! I’ve downloaded both

Now waiting on eurotunnel to update
ski holidays
@Minion1980, ThinkI have sussed - vacced do not need that form ; If I am reading this correctly

"..If you are vaccinated, you are not subject to the compelling reasons regime to enter metropolitan territory.

If you are not vaccinated, you are subject to the compelling reasons regime. The indicative list of compelling reasons can be found on the certificate of entry into metropolitan territory which can be downloaded below..."

All you need is the 'Sworn statement' form under 'Health control measures'

From the link I posted above

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 13-01-22 22:47; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Minion1980 wrote:
@albob, it's very confusing! They've messed this up a bit, the thing I don't get is if the forms they've updated are only for unvaccinated people where do vaccinated people record their test details?

To be honest I'm not even sure who I will be showing any French documentation to as I'm flying to Geneva with BA so I will fill out the Swiss form, then travel by coach to Les Arcs, I can;t imagine them stopping all coaches at the border to check everyones documents?

I think we will all be eagerly awaiting stories from the brave first travellers to hear what the hell is going on!

OH also flying to GVA and will take a blank copy of form to complete if requested.
snow report
Jonny996 wrote:
So if your flying into Geneva and transiting straight to France, do the U16 year olds need a negative LFT test?
Swiss says over 16’s only
French says over 12’s
As it’s going to be the airline (EasyJet) checking the test result email, do the 12-16 year olds need a negative test?

Anyone know?
ski holidays
Here’s a conundrum.

Can a UK doctor provide a Sworn Statement (assuming one is still needed) if they’re treating COVID patients every day (in full FFP3 equipment, obviously)?

Asking for, um, a friend.
snow conditions
Booked. 29th Jan into UCPA VT.

Can't wait.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Levi215 wrote:
Ozboy wrote:

Isn't the key bit of this page The French authorities have confirmed that from the morning of 14 January 2022, the UK is on France’s red list. Fully vaccinated travellers (see ‘Vaccination status’ below) must:

Therefore the form is just the red list form from here: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

I think the gov.uk page is incorrect (again). I'm pretty sure the French authorities haven't said that the UK is on the red list. The UK still has its own special section in the French government website linked above and the timing requirements of the entry tests are different to those for red list countries.
ski holidays
Hi All,

Just booked Les Deux Alpes for the 22/01. I have had 2 doses of the vaccination. I only had my 2nd dose about 4 weeks ago so obviously the booster isn’t an option for me yet.

Will people in France understand this? Will my covid pass with 2 jabs be accepted for the Pass sanintare?

Cheers
ski holidays
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel says this
Quote:
The rules that apply from Friday January 14, 2022 for travel between the UK and France are as follows

All travelers, vaccinated or not, must initially present a negative test (PCR or antigen test) of less than 24 hours.

For vaccinated travelers, there is no longer any obligation to justify a compelling reason for coming to France, nor any obligation to respect a period of isolation upon arrival on national territory.

As such, the need to register, prior to travel, on the "passenger eOS" digital platform has been lifted. Arrival screenings may be conducted at the places of arrival. If the result is positive, the traveler will be placed in isolation.

However as several people above have mentioned, none of the forms 14-01-2022-attestation-entree-en-france-depuis-royaume-uni-version-anglaise or 06-01-2022-engagement-sur-l-honneur-royaume-uni-version-anglaise seem to match the new requirements, so not sure how we're supposed to fill these out.

The attestation seems to be for unvaccinated, and still requires use of the online passenger eOS

Eurotunnel seem to still require both, so I guess just fill sign and date the attestation, but don't check any of the boxes as they're no longer relevant as compelling reason to travel not required for vaccinated

The l'honeur document still says 48hr PCR & isolation on arrival, but that seems to have been dropped on the headline rules

Confused.com here Razz
ski holidays
As with others, Our Eurotunnel paperwork submitted on-line didn't match their requirement in Dec. and had to be manually checked at the barrier (much personal embarrassment, and probable distress of those queued behind us).
But with hard copy copies available, they went to the computer, checked it all through and let us on without too much hassle.

Suspect that it will be much the same this coming weekend if computer says no because of outdated forms.
latest report
Quick update from Eurotunnel Folkestone 4.30am. Somewhat early for our 5.20 crossing. All good, and no issues about the attestation, but for reasons best known to themselves they still want the EOS form today “until lunchtime”. This is the form that says you will quarantine at a certain address (even though the rules have changed). It has a QR code they need to process-I assume it’s because the system hasn’t caught up yet. So don’t be surprised if, as you upload your docs onto your booking, it’s still required. It doesn’t actually mean you’ve just agreed to quarantine!
Very quiet here. Perhaps not surprising given the hour..
And now we are past passport control…WHOOP WHOOP!
ski holidays
Find it incredible that people would actually visit and spend money in France after the way the horrible snail munchers have behaved towards us. They’ve treated the uk like little female dogs , and we grateful y rush to forgive . Have some self respect.
ski holidays
@r11s, I don’t normally engage with such unpleasant comments. Maybe if I met you I’d think you are a nice person. Thank goodness for the ignore button.
snow report
Perty wrote:
@r11s, I don’t normally engage with such unpleasant comments. Maybe if I met you I’d think you are a nice person. Thank goodness for the ignore button.

Ea h to their own old boy. I certainly won’t be giving my £££ to them. By all means feel free to bend over for them though
snow report
Perty wrote:
Quick update from Eurotunnel Folkestone 4.30am. Somewhat early for our 5.20 crossing. All good, and no issues about the attestation, but for reasons best known to themselves they still want the EOS form today “until lunchtime”. This is the form that says you will quarantine at a certain address (even though the rules have changed). It has a QR code they need to process-I assume it’s because the system hasn’t caught up yet. So don’t be surprised if, as you upload your docs onto your booking, it’s still required. It doesn’t actually mean you’ve just agreed to quarantine!
Very quiet here. Perhaps not surprising given the hour..
And now we are past passport control…WHOOP

WHOOP!

Hope they change their site today. But what compelling reason did you use? As they have a drop down list which none are correct. I’m leading 6:20 tomorrow. Thanks
snow conditions
Final update from VT.
Cert was checked twice yesterday on the lifts.
But like I said before, only scanning and not asking for any ID so could be anybody's code.
Also checked at lunch sitting outside and again in the evening when we went for dinner.

Looks like the rules may be changing for the UK so I wish you all the best of luck and hope you get your chance. We need it for our sanity after missing last year.
Good luck to you all.
snow report
geoffers wrote:
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

The l'honeur document still says 48hr PCR & isolation on arrival, but that seems to have been dropped on the headline rules

Confused.com here Razz

The 14/1/22 version française does not
ski holidays
StuHolmes_73 wrote:
geoffers wrote:
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

Confused.com here Razz

The 14/1/22 version française does not

Yep, the French version of the page is here: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage

Chrome will translate it for you, as I see it you only need to fill in the form at the bottom if you are fully vaccinated, the Commitment of Honour which ha sa box to tick that you will submit to thos erules if you are unvaccinated... no need to fill in eOS online as far as I can see.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy