Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
andy from embsay wrote:
Nipper wrote:
Flying Aberdeen-Amsterdam-Geneva, do I need a travel locator form when I land at Geneva as well as one for France.

Yes, the Amsterdam border people will want your Swiss QR code and vax certs. They’re not interested in where you’re off to after GVA.

If you’re flying back that way on KLM (I assume) their document portal is good - you can upload everything so they’ll issue online boarding pass etc (we travel hand luggage only so helpful not to have to go to checkin).

And arriving into GVA from AMS is a joy - like getting off a bus - just walk straight through.

Thanks for your help
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just read the link to the Morzine page and either there is a contradiction or a typo on the page :

- Travellers aged 12 and over must also complete a sworn attestation confirming that they have not experienced any COVID-19-like symptoms or been in contact with a positive COVID-19 case before travel. You can download and complete this form in English HERE.

– Fully vaccinated in France is defined as having two doses of AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna or a single dose of Janssen. A booster shot may however be required for you to access your Pass Sanitaire / soon to become Pass Vaccinal. Read more on this HERE.

– Children aged 12 and under are not required to provide proof of vaccination upon arrival in France providing they are travelling with fully vaccinated adults. They also do not need to provide a negative covid test on arrival.

So I have a 12 year old who was 12 end of November, she has had a single vaccination and can't get a 2nd until March (12 weeks from first) According to the above she is 12 and over and will require to be fully vaccinated (2 jabs) . HOwever the final bullet says that children 12 and under are not required to provide proof of vaccination if travelling with fully vaccinated adults (which we are) but would she then need to test daily in resort ?

I'm assuming the actually mean 11 and under, but what do you think ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ah666 wrote:
Just read the link to the Morzine page and either there is a contradiction or a typo on the page :

- Travellers aged 12 and over must also complete a sworn attestation confirming that they have not experienced any COVID-19-like symptoms or been in contact with a positive COVID-19 case before travel. You can download and complete this form in English HERE.

– Fully vaccinated in France is defined as having two doses of AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna or a single dose of Janssen. A booster shot may however be required for you to access your Pass Sanitaire / soon to become Pass Vaccinal. Read more on this HERE.

– Children aged 12 and under are not required to provide proof of vaccination upon arrival in France providing they are travelling with fully vaccinated adults. They also do not need to provide a negative covid test on arrival.

So I have a 12 year old who was 12 end of November, she has had a single vaccination and can't get a 2nd until March (12 weeks from first) According to the above she is 12 and over and will require to be fully vaccinated (2 jabs) . HOwever the final bullet says that children 12 and under are not required to provide proof of vaccination if travelling with fully vaccinated adults (which we are) but would she then need to test daily in resort ?

Children are required to have had both jabs if they are 12 yrs plus 2 months old
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
but how can they get both jabs if they are only just over 12yrs 2 months as there has to be 3 months between jabs

And that's not what the morzine site infers, but I think its a typo
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you for your help.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ah666 wrote:
but how can they get both jabs if they are only just over 12yrs 2 months as there has to be 3 months between jabs

And that's not what the morzine site infers, but I think its a typo

Not in France who are setting the rules, the gap for jabs is only 4 weeks.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
StuHolmes_73 wrote:
So you can use an NHS provided LFT to upload to Klarity? Doesn't sound within the rules.

No - you cannot use the NHS lft ; must use a paid for one, so you get a certificate

"..Anyone know where I can download a Declaration d’Honneur that doesn't state I agree to test on arrival and isolate??.."

I would wait until the website updates and see what the Declaration becomes

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 13-01-22 17:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What about us poor Be Nice please! that have covid currently and now look to be going on Feb 5th - can I show I have had it and recovered - if I recover as my symptoms have definitely been real
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andmelffion wrote:
ah666 wrote:

Children are required to have had both jabs if they are 12 yrs plus 2 months old

Where have you got that from?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It was posted earlier in the thread but its here :

https://www.morzinesourcemagazine.com/travel-to-france-from-the-uk/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sugarmoma666, I read the 12 yrs plus 2 months only today -- will try and find the page
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
ah666 wrote:

It’s in the myriad of information I’ve read somewhere…basically France are giving 2 jabs to over 12 with a 3 week gap between both and allow a 2 month extension after the 12th birthday to allow time for both to be administered
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am due to fly to chambery 22nd of Jan, is a lateral flow test acceptable if you pay via a private company? Most places won’t return a pcr within 24 hours.

If anyone could advise would be greatly appreciated
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ah666 wrote:

If I've understood you right, I think you might be mixing border control and Pass Sanitaire.
Those bullet points are referring to entering France. 12+ need to complete the declaration, but take on the vaccination status of parents if travelling with them, so don't need to be fully jabbed to enter France.

That's different to needing to satisfy Pass Sanitaire once in resort, which is where the daily testing comes in and this page covers. Specifically mentioning the 12y+2m scenario.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andmelffion wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
ah666 wrote:

It’s in the myriad of information I’ve read somewhere…basically France are giving 2 jabs to over 12 with a 3 week gap between both and allow a 2 month extension after the 12th birthday to allow time for both to be administered

I think what you're saying about the French vaccination programme is correct. However, as the updated entry regulations for visitors from the UK haven't been published yet (as far as I know), I'm wondering how you know what they are?
snow report
Quickie- do France accept self test antigen eg Randox -certified via an App?
Or does it need to be professional tester?
ski holidays
@sugarmoma666, I read the 12yrs plus 2 months bit here

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/procedure-for-non-european-nationals-to-obtain-a-valid-covid-certificate-in/

Not sure it is relevant (haven't read the whole page) ; it is about getting a Covid Certificate
ski holidays
sugarmoma666 wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
ah666 wrote:

I think what you're saying about the French vaccination programme is correct. However, as the updated entry regulations for visitors from the UK haven't been published yet (as far as I know), I'm wondering how you know what they are?

As above there is a difference between border requirements and health pass requirements..border control will accept not fully vaxxed children travelling with fully vaxxed adults but getting the health pass either means being fully vaxxed by 12 yrs and 2 months allowing easy access to everything or 1 dose and recovered (pretty hard to prove as UK do not provide such documentation) or 1 dose and daily testing…but who knows what entry requirements the French will decide for children when they finally publish their decree

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 13-01-22 17:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Knee Deep, yes they accept self-test certified by a lab. (photo upload etc)
snow conditions
Flying to Geneva and then driving into France on Sunday. My understanding is that I need:

Outbound:
Negative Lateral Flow Cert from within 24 hours prior
Vax QR codes
Swiss passenger locator form
French sworn statement

Return:
UK Passenger locator form (inc proof of Day 2 test purchase)
Day 2 test on return

Is this correct?
snow conditions
andmelffion wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
ah666 wrote:

As above there is a difference between border requirements and health pass requirements..border control will accept not fully vaxxed children travelling with fully vaxxed adults but getting the health pass either means being fully vaxxed by 12 yrs and 2 months allowing easy access to everything or 1 dose and recovered (pretty hard to prove as UK do not provide such documentation) or 1 dose and daily testing

Yep, I fully understand the difference between entry requirements and pass sanitaire. What I'm saying is that the updated entry requirements for the UK aren't being issued until tomorrow, so it would be best to wait to find out what they actually are rather than guessing and/or believing news stories.
latest report
You'd need to look at the details

But within Shengen there are no border checks and all of the websites refer to "travelling from"

So, if I was going to Austria from the UK via France I'd work hard to meet the French entry requirments (LFT 24 hours before) and not worry about Austria becuase noone will ask!
latest report
@Knee Deep, yes. We did random pre Xmas. Do an nhs test to make sure your going to pass first then the real one!
snow report
Prejudicial wrote:
Flying to Geneva and then driving into France on Sunday. My understanding is that I need:

Outbound:
Vax QR codes
French sworn statement

Return:
Day 2 test on return

Is this correct?

That's exactly what I think you need too!
ski holidays
@wibble44, thanks Eh oh! Eh oh!
latest report
@Tempus, top tip re doing NHS one first.
snow report
Sorry guys, been reading the updates here constantly, thanks for that. Im all clear now!
But do i need to daily test in resort for any reason, if so, what type of test?
Thanks once again
snow conditions
sugarmoma666 wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
ah666 wrote:

As above there is a difference between border requirements and health pass requirements..border control will accept not fully vaxxed children travelling with fully vaxxed adults but getting the health pass either means being fully vaxxed by 12 yrs and 2 months allowing easy access to everything or 1 dose and recovered (pretty hard to prove as UK do not provide such documentation) or 1 dose and daily testing

Yep, I fully understand the difference between entry requirements and pass sanitaire. What I'm saying is that the updated entry requirements for the UK aren't being issued until tomorrow, so it would be best to wait to find out what they actually are rather than guessing and/or believing news stories.

Well said.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great..I get to use two tests we bought last year in August!!! Unless they change the rules again before 5th Feb rolling eyes
snow report
albob wrote:
"..Anyone know where I can download a Declaration d’Honneur that doesn't state I agree to test on arrival and isolate??.."

I have just downloaded the Declaration from the French website and it says you have to agree to a test "that may be conducted". I assume what they mean is that if asked to do one, you will comply.
ski holidays
j b wrote:
albob wrote:

I have just downloaded the Declaration from the French website and it says you have to agree to a test "that may be conducted". I assume what they mean is that if asked to do one, you will comply.

No mention of isolating for 10 days? Do you have a link?
latest report
albob wrote:
StuHolmes_73 wrote:
So you can use an NHS provided LFT to upload to Klarity? Doesn't sound within the rules.

No - you cannot use the NHS lft ; must use a paid for one, so you get a certificate

I have read about Klarity. While not necessarily ethical, as many of the free LFT are the same product as sold by the private companies I believe it works. No experience though, just read about it elsewhere
snow conditions
So for those of us going soon it’s a case of self isolation to ensure we don’t catch “it” before we go!
ski holidays
@Skimum1, Seems to be correct : just had a look at their website -

"..Rapid Antigen (lateral flow) self-test NOT included (you bring your own test)
Record yourself doing the test
Upload video, photo of ID and test result for verification
ID and test result verified by clinician
Certificate issued within

60min (daily 8:00-20:00)...."
latest report
@StuHolmes_73, bottom of this page https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel
snow report
OK... Anyone used Randox for le shuttle
Minor panic as le shuttle don't publish an accepted list
They look EXACT same as NHS ones... But we're ordered from Randox health
ski holidays
@j b, you may have clicked the green list country version. If you go to the UK version it still asks you to quarantine on arrival. Hopefully they'll update that soon.
latest report
@rob@rar, wrong. You need a negative pcr less than 3 days old or a negative lft less than 24 hours old.
snow report
Julief wrote:
OK... Anyone used Randox for le shuttle
Minor panic as le shuttle don't publish an accepted list
They look EXACT same as NHS ones... But we're ordered from Randox health

The tests are exactly the same. You’re paying for the certificate they send you after you’ve done the test.
snow report
Websites still seem to be confusing -
https://en.tignes.net/informations-covid-19 says still need PCR to cross Switzerland to get to Geneva Airport, and the Swiss Govt website Travel Check https://travelcheck.admin.ch/check isnt the clearest but if you select you are changing transport mode the it says requires antigen or PCR test going both ways (way out need one anyway, but negates the UK rule of not needing a test to get back home) - so seems you DO need a pre departure test of travelling from France thru Switzerland

Tempus wrote:
Prejudicial wrote:

Outbound:
Vax QR codes
French sworn statement

Return:
Day 2 test on return

Is this correct?

That's exactly what I think you need too!

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 13-01-22 19:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy