Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
C19
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Charliegolf wrote:
So, who are the good guys for no-stress 24hr antigen tests then! Very Happy

We’ve used C19 testing and Testing for All. Both great, next day delivery and reliable. TfA appear to have some sort of AI thing now as they turn tests round in under a minute - submit your photo and a certificate comes back almost immediately. C19 take a bit longer (they guarantee 12hrs I think but I’ve never known them be more than 3hrs).

But very happy with both.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Do we still need the passe sanitaire? A child we're taking (12y/o) has had one jab but not the other so I think we'd need to test him every morning in order to go up. Does that sound right?

I believe the passe sanitaire is being maintained for 12-17 years (that's what the senate wanted). I'm in the same boat. Would mean a test every 24 hours but that timing is up to you obviously. Erring on the side of caution, I've already booked appointments in Tignes for 6pm each day.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
To help with questions on travel to France and Testing in Resort for Pass Saintaire etc these 2 pages could be useful.

Morzine Source Magazine have been great on this!

https://www.morzinesourcemagazine.com/travel-to-france-from-the-uk/?fbclid=IwAR1qEUGFj0MiGpKxq7kofoIuN8cPD_LBycNXm9-RfwNIAx9hDUveXn_HLK0

https://www.morzinesourcemagazine.com/covid-19-and-your-holiday-in-morzine-les-gets-or-avoriaz-this-winter/

The specifics relate to PDS but the info on the rules is the same for all resorts.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 13-01-22 14:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jumping Jack Flash wrote:
Do we still need the passe sanitaire? A child we're taking (12y/o) has had one jab but not the other so I think we'd need to test him every morning in order to go up. Does that sound right?

The issues with respect to Pass Sanitaire / Pass Vaccinal (which is probably what you're asking about) are completely separate to the entry requirements, which are the subject of today's announcement. The Pass Sanitaire / Pass Vaccinal apply to all residents and visitors to France, and it sounds like the exact detail is still being debated.

Does anyone have a link to where the Pass Sanitaire / Pass Vaccinal requirements are set out? (TBH, this should probably be a different thread, so maybe I'll start one).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
OK have I missed anything......

Way out.....
LFT 24 hours before departure.
NHS app travel QRs created and saved in wallet (might also print out)....

Way back.....
day 2 LTF ordered in advace
UK PLF filled out.

Is that it? Do we need a PLF on the way out too?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sugarmoma666, Yes, I thought that. We were in Val D before Christmas and they were asking for it then, just a buggeration for the kids with one jab as you had to test every morning and at great expense. They had set up a testing station which speeded things up but it's still an additional cost that isn't needed. Just my opinion of course.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Jumping Jack Flash wrote:

The issues with respect to Pass Sanitaire / Pass Vaccinal (which is probably what you're asking about) are completely separate to the entry requirements, which are the subject of today's announcement. The Pass Sanitaire / Pass Vaccinal apply to all residents and visitors to France, and it sounds like the exact detail is still being debated.

Does anyone have a link to where the Pass Sanitaire / Pass Vaccinal requirements are set out? (TBH, this should probably be a different thread, so maybe I'll start one).

Have a look here..... really useful. And Morzine Source will update them when the rules are confirmed.

https://www.morzinesourcemagazine.com/covid-19-and-your-holiday-in-morzine-les-gets-or-avoriaz-this-winter/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timmycb5 wrote:
OK have I missed anything......

Way out.....
LFT 24 hours before departure.
NHS app travel QRs created and saved in wallet (might also print out)....

Way back.....
day 2 LTF ordered in advace
UK PLF filled out.

Is that it? Do we need a PLF on the way out too?

A sworn attestation you do not have covid symptoms is needed to enter France
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Timmycb5, Isn't there some sort of declaration of honour on the way out?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@andmelffion, @James77, ah yes. Forgot about that.

Here's a stupid question, does it have to be written in French? Or can I print out a translated document and fill that in?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
James77 wrote:
@Timmycb5, Isn't there some sort of declaration of honour on the way out?

Yes
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Timmycb5, You may still be required to complete the Statement D'honneur - haven't checked the latest regs fully but it has been required previusly. We completed one for travel in December and will do again for this Saturday. Never been asked to show it but sod's law says if we don't complete it we will be asked.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
With Geneva flights still live, booked 3V accom this morning for 22nd after days of waiting! Is NHS (Scotland) QR code/app enough for getting into bars, restaurants etc or do you need French app? Also do you need FFP2 masks (including on lifts) or will other coverings do ok? @Charliegolf, I've used www.c19testing.co.uk which are generally getting good reviews. £22.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
New thread to discuss Pass Sanitaire (/Pass Vaccinal) here:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=158101&highlight=

This includes a link to the French government page, which is probably a more reliable source than various news or resort sites (which are good for conjecture and rumours Toofy Grin ).
ski holidays
@Timmycb5, are you flying or ferrying? If going via GVA you need a Swiss entry QR code.
latest report
@Timmycb5, You can complete an English version and print out.

https://mobile.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

Follow the link for amber country sworn statement under 2.2
latest report
@Timmycb5, when i flew out in december with easyjet, there was a link on their website for the form, it was in english, i just printed it out and filled it in, i think they asked to see it but i am not 100%, have had several sleeps and beers since then Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
@andy from embsay, neither. Getting the train!
ski holidays
@loatie, cheers.

And thanks to others that have responded too
ski holidays
Sure it’s been asked lots but I’m very excited so forgive me.

Can I get an antigen test at home and have it certified over the app or do I have to post off. Can’t see how I’m going to get that done Friday evening.

Any help gratefully received
ski holidays
Fourstar wrote:

Can I get an antigen test at home and have it certified over the app or do I have to post off. Can’t see how I’m going to get that done Friday evening.

We're using these, arrived next day. Upload to app.
snow report
@Timmycb5, jealous - wish we could train it!
ski holidays
@Charliegolf, you'll get a few recommendations no doubt. I used Qured a few times in the summer with no issues. They'll deliver back the results within 2 hours, which is great as quite a few are a little vague on when you'll get the results back. I'm off on Saturday so I'll be using them for my antigen test tomorrow, so happy to report back that it all goes smoothly.
snow report
Fourstar wrote:

They post the test to you - you do it at home, upload the test online, and you'll get the results back within a couple of hours. No posting needed. I'm flying on Saturday at 8am, and will do my test late tomorrow afternoon.
snow conditions
Aaarrgghh I’ve been out all morning missing out on the fun! So it’s all systems go YES? Has there been an official announcement yet or is it just definite anyway Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I’d avoid Chronomics. Although app returns results pretty quickly the app is buggy so can cause stress when you need it the least. They’ve also not been particularly flexible in exchanging LFT’s for day 2 tests.
snow report
StuHolmes_73 wrote:
Fourstar wrote:

We're using these, arrived next day. Upload to app.

Somebody posted a link to Klarity earier; if you can source test kits locally then you've got the option to buy just the certificate from Klarity for £10 so no relying on postal services at all:

https://klarity.health/product/basic-antigen-covid-certificate/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sorry and should have said, the certificate is issued digitally via their app
ski holidays
@feefee, French Embassy on Twitter have confirmed so yes, it’s official!
latest report
Timmycb5 wrote:
Been out all morning. Any interesting announcements or things happened today?

No very quiet all day nothing of importance to report
snow report
@andy from embsay, whoop whoop snowHead
ski holidays
So you can use an NHS provided LFT to upload to Klarity? Doesn't sound within the rules.
ski holidays
Can anyone confirm if there are any mask requirements in France atm ? Are we good to go with multi layer fabric ones ?
latest report
In all the excitement am I missing something, does the UK not just go back onto France Red list as SA last week? Why are we waiting for special measures just for the UK?
ski holidays
brovert wrote:
I’d avoid Chronomics. Although app returns results pretty quickly the app is buggy so can cause stress when you need it the least. They’ve also not been particularly flexible in exchanging LFT’s for day 2 tests.

Seconded.
ski holidays
squidier1 wrote:
brovert wrote:

Seconded.

Damn , I've ordered from them this morning but it was not dispatched since I only need them for next week, should I just cancel the order and try somewhere else?
latest report
@mikeh17, Technically your mask should conform to a French standard but no one is checking on piste/lifts anything goes and in streets / shops most seem to be wearing the blue NHS mask or a black version of the same sold in supermarkets. Lift/tourist offices are also selling masques
snow report
Charliegolf wrote:
So, who are the good guys for no-stress 24hr antigen tests then! Very Happy

A month ago I would say Chronomics - now I would say anyone but - Im still waiting for an answer to a query relating back to Dec 16th!!
snow conditions
I’ve still got antigen tests unused fromC19 so assume I can use those, they were good at next day delivery hoping they’re good with fast results!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy