Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
Do lift workers/restraunts really scan the QR codes to check if they are legit? Surprisingly thorough if so. Whenever I have been asked in England for the Covid pass, it's a cursory glance at it with eyeballs only.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ok I've taken the plunge with Ryanair flights at £15 (before stuff added...) and booked flights for March to fly into Barcelona and then drive to the French Pyrenees to meet up with parents. Anyone know what the situation is on the French/Spanish border? If you are flying into Spain to stay in France would it be best to fill in passenger locators for both France and Spain?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snowheeeed, In Les Arcs, before Christmas, yes ...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowheeeed wrote:
Do lift workers/restraunts really scan the QR codes to check if they are legit? Surprisingly thorough if so. Whenever I have been asked in England for the Covid pass, it's a cursory glance at it with eyeballs only.

Yes, they do scan them. Before Xmas I had my Covid pass scanned in almost all restaurants and cafes, plus a couple of lifts.

The gendarme also came through doing checksb in one restaurant. They wanted to see ID to confirm the Covid pass belonged to the individual, so remember to carry some sort of ID or at least have a copy of some photo ID saved in your phone
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snowheeeed, yup, in Ste Foy before Christmas the Covid pass was scanned at all restaurants and at the bottom of the first chair, first time on it each day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The way this is being handled is beyond infuriating. The decision is clearly made - why the refusal to announce the timing and details? Compare and contrast with the speed with which all the scarlet countries were moved to red last week - no vague allusions and dangling of carrots there.

I love France, I really do, but it’ll be a long time before I’m willing to book anything there again other than perhaps a very last-minute trip. Just not worth the stress.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dr. Will wrote:
Ok I've taken the plunge with Ryanair flights at £15 (before stuff added...) and booked flights for March to fly into Barcelona and then drive to the French Pyrenees to meet up with parents. Anyone know what the situation is on the French/Spanish border? If you are flying into Spain to stay in France would it be best to fill in passenger locators for both France and Spain?

I am flyiong into Barcelona on sunday to transfer to Andorra. e only have to do the Spanish PLF (which isn't the most straightforward) no PLF for Andorra because they don't have one but I think you will also need to do the french one. Individual conuntries have individual requirements
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowheeeed wrote:

Quick update from VT.
DAY 4 yesterday and the first time we were asked for the cert on the lift since we arrived.
It was scanned but no ID requested so I could have used anything.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here we go, another day of constantly looking at phone for updates
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowheeeed wrote:

When we were there in the summer we were asked and it was scanned every time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
LittleRos wrote:
snowheeeed wrote:

When we were there in the summer we were asked and it was scanned every time.

The TAC Verif app they use to scan records how many scans they’ve done (though not the details of who they’ve scanned). Gendarmes can ask to see it to check they’re scanning (roughly) the right number of people.

So yes - our experience was the same - bars, restaurants (though never on lifts but it was pre-xmas and super quiet) will check and scan pretty much every time.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jonny996 wrote:
Here we go, another day of constantly looking at phone for updates

Yep. We are supposed to leave at 6am Saturday 15th
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think Sky News has just said essential reason no longer required so maybe the announcement is made?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Woooooooo! This is pretty official right?

https://twitter.com/alexIholroyd/status/1481548999077281796?t=_yunf5ZomI6Ftur9rjC1aA&s=19
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SatsumasRock wrote:
Woooooooo! This is pretty official right?

https://twitter.com/alexIholroyd/status/1481548999077281796?t=_yunf5ZomI6Ftur9rjC1aA&s=19

God I hope that's true, it doesn't say what test but if it's 24 hours then I assume Antigen, just like Switzerland which is what I've prepared for!
latest report
Sky news just confirmed:
https://news.sky.com/story/france-eases-covid-travel-restrictions-for-people-arriving-from-uk-12514769

People travelling from the UK to France will no longer have to self-isolate on arrival or show proof that their trip is essential.

However, the requirement for a negative COVID test, conducted 24 hours before their visit, remains in place.
snow report
@Minion1980, Alex Holroyd is a French MP so I think it’s right. Antigen test will be ok - it is now and it just says that continues.
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
@Minion1980, Alex Holroyd is a French MP so I think it’s right. Antigen test will be ok - it is now and it just says that continues.

Amazing! So happy right now, IT IS ON!!!!
snow conditions
About bloody time-just need to find the details of the rules. When do they start and Is it an antigen test?
Ahhh...Alex Holroyd's tweet says 14th. My c19testing antigen test is taken and brewing nicely! Looks like we might be in france by this time tomorrow! Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 13-01-22 10:21; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
https://news.sky.com/story/france-eases-covid-travel-restrictions-for-people-arriving-from-uk-12514769
ski holidays
Sky reporting no essential reason to travel no longer required! Happy Days
latest report
@Perty, the tweet says from 14/1 and yes, it’s an antigen test 24hrs before departure as it is currently.
latest report
Right, now to sort out the tests for travel Smile

Had a same day PCR booked for daughter anyway, but she's double jabbed now so probably can do something cheaper Smile
snow report
OK, great news.

Obviously "home LFT" are not acceptable, so do we need to get those ones from one of those "travel pharmacy" type places?

£50 ish.

Plus, presumably the requisite 2 day test when you get home? Again, presume this is from a travel pharmacy type place -https://www.newingtonpharmacy.org.uk/services/edinburgh-travel-clinic/
snow conditions
@GreenDay, home tests as long as it’s certified by a lab are fine. £19 from Testing for All (other tests are available…).

As long as they provide a certificate they’re acceptable. By “no home tests” they mean not NHS ones.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 13-01-22 10:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@GreenDay, I ordered mine yesterday from below link and it’s due to arrive this morning.

https://www.c19testing.co.uk/rapidtravel/?gclid=CjwKCAiAlfqOBhAeEiwAYi43F0TjB35zyisDrBKBefJQBraFhaDzq-J0p3vHhLVVdNg0AJkVqiTfUxoCjh4QAvD_BwE
ski holidays
"home" LFT...not the free NHS ones......but the processed certified ones uploaded from C19 or Randox etc are acceptable ...as I understand it
latest report
@GreenDay, A 'travel' LFT is about £20
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know if we can we do the antigen test ourselves? Or does it need to be done in-person at a lab?
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
@GreenDay, home tests as long as it’s certified by a lab are fine. £19 from Testing for All (other tests are available…).

Thanks Andy (are those ones fine for the return leg for the PLF?)
snow report
The French embassy website has much the same information as Holroyd’s tweet and says it will be updated with detail ASAP - a good place to check back for more rules. (NB the English version of that page hadn’t been changed yet when I looked.)
snow report
I can see why they had to drag that one out......
snow conditions
@AccountAnt80, LFT are DIY, Email or use app to upload photo.
snow conditions
£15.99
Cheapest I can find
https://www.chronomics.com/fit-to-fly-antigen
ski holidays
@GreenDay, yep. They provide a PLF code whichever ones you order on the confirmation email. If you order a TfA one as a “day 2” test they send it to arrive on the day you get home - we just order 2xfit to fly ones (as they still get a code) so they come with next day delivery. And the “unsupervised” option is fine btw.

They seem to have some sort of AI thing running as the certificate comes back within about a minute - you send a photo of the test on a form with your name and a QR code and they ping the cert back.
latest report
So LFT test 24 hours before which is great. Flying into Geneva though so what currently are the Swiss wanting? Just LFT also or PCR?
snow report
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
So LFT test 24 hours before which is great. Flying into Geneva though so what currently are the Swiss wanting? Just LFT also or PCR?

They also accept a 24hr LFT or a 48hr PCR so you're good with the LFT
ski holidays
So it's finally happened... France lifts travel restrictions 'by end of week'
ski holidays
Devils in the detail, particularly regarding children...

Presumably theres a lengthy French legal dictat due
ski holidays

@no_snow_in_swindon, Swiss are PCR within 72hrs, antigen within 24hrs - both within 24/72hrs of “boarding” (so same as France). See Swiss Travelcheck I’ve just done.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy