Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
Sasha320320 wrote:
Does anyone have a view on what the new rules for travel / tourism in France from the 15th Jan will say about an unvaccinated person with a Dec positive PCR test and since recovered, entering and staying in France?

Intended travel to France very end of March 2022, asking because of the timing of commencing the vaccinations to qualify as double jabbed.

Ta

Many people will have views but it's the official word that counts.

Why not just time vaccinations to work for the end of March regardless? If France is open, you're double jabbed to go and if France isn't open, well you're double jabbed to protect yourself from Covid.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin wrote:
Rumour locally is that only UK subjects with Triple vaccine (2 plus booster) with a negative PCR test will be admitted to France.
No ifs no buts triple shots or no entry! No exemptions for children! (Arguments over this is what has postponed the announcement)

Interesting, given that children in France aren’t triple jabbed and last I knew they had no plans for under 16’s to be triple jabbed in France.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin wrote:
Rumour locally is that only UK subjects with Triple vaccine (2 plus booster) with a negative PCR test will be admitted to France.
No ifs no buts triple shots or no entry! No exemptions for children! (Arguments over this is what has postponed the announcement)

Where you getting the pcr info from?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin wrote:

Could do with an answer on the children part today really - before I have to pay the balance for Feb half term accomodation/pass the "No refund for cancellation after" date...tomorrow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Charliegolf, @chocksaway, whilst it might be phrased "Duty" as I've witnessed over the years the Nordic Champs held in Serre Che are a mixture of training and competition and between the various regiments, Logistics Corps always triumph and at the top end it's taken very seriously.

However for most, especially the officer's it's a damn fine jolly, with many a boozy lunch and evening enjoyed, with many retired officers coming back to join the party. I have three friends that provide various levels of accommodation, from the best hotel to the more typical "see how many you can cram in them" French apartment.

It's the enlisted men that are more or less on "duty" training, and we've bumped into many over the years and chatted with them as they're often spent the day getting beasted Laughing

The Army Winter Sports Association also run Alpine events such as Downhill and Slalom and again at the top level it's taken very seriously but some of the sights we see, we do find ourselves questioning it, but at the end of the day "is not winning but taking part" etc etc

One of the regiments that visits Serre Che is the Royal Army Medical Corps and we were discussing whether they would have been able to come out given at one point the Nightingale Hospitals were possibly going to be used.

For the ESF in Serre the Army not coming out has been a huge financial loss, as they set-up all the racing infrastructure for both Alpine and Nordic.

Then there are all the bars, and some of the best Six Nations rugby matches I've enjoyed have been in the company of the army, excluding Welsh & Scottish regiments of course Laughing

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 12-01-22 18:25; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin wrote:

Wow that will be super frustrating and like the Austrian problem for people born before Sep 2006... I really hope they don't do that as all teenagers will be out then pretty much
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin wrote:

Any clarification on if this is only for people whose double jab was over 6months ago? Looking to travel with someone who was only double jabbed as of Oct 2021 and has recently had covid so not been eligible for booster.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Complex isn't it! Maybe one can begin to understand why the announcement has been delayed.
Obviously for French Ski resorts the ESF want as many kids as possible allowed in for half term...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boredsurfin where does the PCR test rumour come from?
Aaaaaagh!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Julief wrote:
@boredsurfin where does the PCR test rumour come from?
Aaaaaagh!

Someone local making it up same as triple jabs for kids when France aren’t even triple jabbing their own kids and the health minister announced on 22nd December there are no plans to triple jab french under 16’s.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:

Hmmmm......well that could save my end of Jan trip and completely scupper the Tignes/Euro Disney trip in April......3 kids under 12 - no chance we are going to get them vaccinated. May well save the cash and go to Florida in the Summer
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I so so hope I don't have to go find somewhere for a pcr... Picked up antigens today!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I so so hope I don't have to go find somewhere for a pcr... Picked up antigens today!! Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It will have to come down in-line with other red list countries . Sorry don’t buy this triple jabbed with no exemption for under children .
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Rob Mackley, Indeed it could be wishful thinking by the locals as they have only just started getting their boosters
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, we will have to work in with the new French rules but my two girls 16 and 18 double jabbed but without boosters will still fit within these rules as not enough time has lapsed to get a booster , I would expect the rules to be fully vac’d possibly with negative lateral flow.
Not vac’d no invite .
latest report
Rob Mackley wrote:
@boredsurfin, we will have to work in with the new French rules but my two girls 16 and 18 double jabbed but without boosters will still fit within these rules as not enough time has lapsed to get a booster , I would expect the rules to be fully vac’d possibly with negative lateral flow.
Not vac’d no invite .

The sliver lining being Djoko won’t be in the French open!
latest report
@boredsurfin, I think that has to be absolute nonsense re PCR. French red list doesn’t require a PCR for vaccinated people, so not a chance it’ll be brought in for UK travellers - it’s not as if there’s any difference in the situation between the UK and anywhere else (other than we seem to be over the peak of infections).
snow report
@boredsurfin, yeah no offence but look at the alarm you've caused, I really hope you're wrong and the current antigen rules stay in place as there's a lot of people banking on that to get out this week and will make getting out more difficult for everyone else. You haven't mentioned the source of your rumour or anything. Let's all just try and stay positive and hope for the best!
latest report
Quote:

Could do with an answer on the children part today really - before I have to pay the balance for Feb half term accomodation/pass the "No refund for cancellation after" date...tomorrow.

Same here but I'm prepared to cancel plan A as opposed to lose money. I cannot see how we will know everything within the next 24 hours. Surely they will want to wait and apply new rules according to the vaccine pass at borders? There are 2 different messages at stake here - borders and children. Question is will they wrap them into 1 message or 2 at different times.

By the way, if cancelling (which my gut feeling says is right) Plan B is to maybe find somewhere for HT nearer the time (I'm sure there will be Covid cancellations!) and Plan C is go Easter school hols.

We drive and DIY which tends to put me in control.
latest report
I've heard rumours of an official French announcement this eve at 9/9.30pm on Twitter

Our ski company (SkiBeat) has said if there's isn't anything official by 10am tomorrow they'll have to cancel flights for Sat 15th
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, does this rumour have any credibility at all? I would be amazed if it transpired to be true.

By the sounds of it the local officials in the Alps have been notified, some even posting their delight (and then deleting) on social media. I doubt they would do that if these were the rules.
ski holidays
@Sparkles, is that 9/9.30 GMT or CET do you know?
snow report
LittleRos wrote:
@Sparkles, is that 9/9.30 GMT or CET do you know?

CET

I have no idea of source reliability... I've just got 'French travel restrictions' searched on Twitter for updates
snow report
Oooooh... I will sleep well this eve if this actually happens and news is good
ski holidays
There's no way the UK would be subject to more special measures than any other country on the Red list what would be the justification?

Any changes will be to French traffic light system and on basis French children aren't triple vaxxed and it doesn't apply to under 12s this is just ridiculous speculation.

It's quite possible they'll say adults require booster and pcr.
snow report
James77 wrote:
There's no way the UK would be subject to more special measures than any other country on the Red list what would be the justification?

Any changes will be to French traffic light system and on basis French children aren't triple vaxxed and it doesn't apply to under 12s this is just ridiculous speculation.

We are literally alone in a separate category at the moment, so it’s quite possible they’ll invent another new framework for us to move to.
snow conditions
LittleRos wrote:
James77 wrote:

We are literally alone in a separate category at the moment, so it’s quite possible they’ll invent another new framework for us to move to.

On the basis our numbers are going down daily, France is significantly higher than us other countries such as the US are now on the Red list with huge positive cases (granted huge population) and macron has been berated as the French are none to pleased that this politically motivated stunt took place and went on for too long i cant see a seperate special uk category what would be the justification?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh, I don't know...revenge maybe?
latest report
kettonskimum wrote:
cant's see it myself. It would be revenge by punching yourself in the face.
snow report
For those interested the new vaccine pass is being debated in the French senate right now. Looks possible that those between 12 and 18 will continue under the current system. So daily testing would remain an option.

https://www.linternaute.com/sortir/guide-des-loisirs/2593119-pass-vaccinal-quelles-modifications-de-la-loi-par-le-senat/

My translate app helped explain some of the changes being discussed.
snow report
Warnergb7 wrote:
For those interested the new vaccine pass is being debated in the French senate right now. Looks possible that those between 12 and 18 will continue under the current system. So daily testing would remain an option.

https://www.linternaute.com/sortir/guide-des-loisirs/2593119-pass-vaccinal-quelles-modifications-de-la-loi-par-le-senat/

Which makes the suggestion that UK teens need to have a booster even more outlandish.
ski holidays
kettonskimum wrote:

By destroying your own industry the alpine regions are screaming at him for support and showing their distain
ski holidays
The senate as opposed to the government want an exemption.
latest report
In short the law isn’t settled yet so nobody can say for certain what rules will apply. I suspect a couple of days yet before the new vaccine pass rules are known based on what I can gather from the above website live feed. This is different to whatever changes are coming for Brits of all ages.
snow conditions
Warnergb7 wrote:

Thanks for this, it's interesting. Something to note from that page: Ski resorts : the pass is compulsory on board the ski lifts.
ski holidays
@Minion1980, while it might be compulsory, it's not being checked that much.
ski holidays
James77 wrote:

They’ve never required a vaccinated person to have a PCR test to enter France yet, so I can’t see why they would start now? PCRs are there to detect variants - they know perfectly well what variant is in the UK - what possible reason could they have to require a PCR test?

Honestly - given the noises coming out of the various resorts it’ll be a pre-flight antigen at most.

I have no thoughts on vax status, but remember this is origin based not passport - so why would they ask every French person coming from the UK to have a booster (even if within 7 months of jab 2) when they wouldn’t be required to have one when they’re in France?
snow report
under a new name wrote:
@Minion1980, while it might be compulsory, it's not being checked that much.

When we were out before xmas the only time a vax pass was checked was when my mate picked up a lift pass from the cash desk.

A pass that wasn’t for him, and wasn’t going to be used until mid-January…
snow report
If we're allowed into France on the 15th, what do people think is the likelihood of having to test on arrival?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy