Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
nunex wrote:
No one has considered yet that this pandemic is over?

Certainly not the French! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bergmeister wrote:
nunex wrote:
No one has considered yet that this pandemic is over?

Certainly not the French! Toofy Grin

Nor Big Pharma Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
More or the same, but still looking positive!…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10392645/amp/France-reopen-borders-Brits-days-Paris-confirms-boost-ski-holidays.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Times is reporting “Paris has confirmed” that France will reopen its borders within days.

Announcement today, and Saturday is the day they will open seems to be the thinking.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Me too. I just hope that they release full information on any testing requirements today, so that we can start planning properly.

I won’t be filling my hip flask just yet Eh oh!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Getting tight. We have everything ready to press go. Keeping updating my snowHeads today
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
up4it wrote:
With 350k cases in a day (with limited testing) it’s time to put France back on our own red list

why?
Unless it is their own new variant that is spreading & not delta or omricon, it is absolutely pointless.

Every world leader said vaccine was the way out, then booster.

infection:death ratio is so low now, it is time to just accept everyone has to crack on with life & live the risk.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All of these newspaper articles are just re reporting yesterdays tweet which obviously was a steer .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PCcorner wrote:
up4it wrote:
With 350k cases in a day (with limited testing) it’s time to put France back on our own red list

+ 1

Monday was under 100k cases it's the usual French catch up. Travel restrictions are totally pointless In either direction.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
James77 wrote:
PCcorner wrote:
up4it wrote:

+ 1

Monday was under 100k cases it's the usual French catch up. Travel restrictions are totally pointless In either direction.

I think it’ll be a while before people stop focusing on case numbers - hopefully by the spring they’ll stop publishing them daily.

The good news for me about the French MP’s tweet is it confirms the decision is made so we’re probably not waiting for a cabinet meeting - just the communication.

Today, please lads…
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes I noted that but the numbers are always low on Mondays, quite why I don't know. The concerning figures to me are the deaths and the hospital cases for what is labelled a mild version of the virus; unless of course most of these were victims of the other variants.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wednesday
09:30

Defense Council

Conseil restreint de Défense et de Sécurité nationale.

10:30

Council of Ministers

Conseil des ministres.

12:30

Lunch

Déjeuner avec le Premier ministre.

Copied from-the présidents agenda website... Agenda for weds 12th January!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tykebike wrote:
Yes I noted that but the numbers are always low on Mondays, quite why I don't know. The concerning figures to me are the deaths and the hospital cases for what is labelled a mild version of the virus; unless of course most of these were victims of the other variants.

The French publish hospitalisations by variant - their issue is they still had/have quite a lot of Delta around and Omicron is on top of it. Not an issue we have in the UK (or they had in SA) as we were past our delta wave when omicron arrived.

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Julief, hopefully an announcement at Attal’s press conference later this morning.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lets hope its good news - we haven't booked yet but hoping to in March!
ski holidays
SeeMorzine have put their coq on the block and announced lifting of restrictions BEFORE any official announcement. They seem pretty confident.

https://www.seemorzine.com/news/france-reopens-borders-to-uk-tourists-for-ski-202122-france-743065?fbclid=IwAR065UrdGNVK5EiRZvS_FwRx1z6L2t5obUtfLErh4vzKMlejiGaDIK_Ic2U
ski holidays
The wait is killing me!
latest report
The suspense is palpable
snow report
Timmycb5 wrote:
SeeMorzine have put their coq on the block and announced lifting of restrictions BEFORE any official announcement. They seem pretty confident.

https://www.seemorzine.com/news/france-reopens-borders-to-uk-tourists-for-ski-202122-france-743065?fbclid=IwAR065UrdGNVK5EiRZvS_FwRx1z6L2t5obUtfLErh4vzKMlejiGaDIK_Ic2U

They certainly have. The Poluet reference was amusing.
snow conditions
Never watched so much France24 and refreshed TheLocal + UK French ministry page this many times in an hour.
snow conditions
Won't be anything until they have had lunch

They are French after all !!
ski holidays
Tiddles wrote:
Won't be anything until they have had lunch

They are French after all !!

Lol. But true!!
snow report
James77 wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

Absolute nonsense and quite misleading IMHO ... particularly the bit about "yes, you can book a holiday". In all likelihood, boostered adults will be allowed to enter freely. But we don't yet know what the rules on teens, under 12s and those who have only had a single jab so far are.
snow conditions
franga wrote:
James77 wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

Absolute nonsense and quite misleading IMHO ... particularly the bit about "yes, you can book a holiday". In all likelihood, boostered adults will be allowed to enter freely. But we don't yet know what the rules on teens, under 12s and those who have only had a single jab so far are.

I think we do? Anyone over 12 will need to be double jabbed or single jabbed and recovered to access anything.

Children under 12 are exempt.

Anyone over 18 needs to be boosted with 6.5 months of their second jab to access anything.
snow report
which is all perfectly reasonable.....
ski holidays
I don't have anything useful to update on here. Does anyone else also not have anything useful to update? Toofy Grin
latest report
Does anyone know how to prove a child's recovery to the French? My Son had a positive PCR test and all we can get is a 'letter' from our GP which is basically a printout from the NHS database stating the date of the positive PCR test. They didn't accept this in Italy and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of proving it. He is due to have his first jab next week and recovered in Oct 2021 so should meet the criteria of the 1st point below - just not sure they'll accept the positive test printout and I think the NHS will only issue travel QR codes for double jabbed, not one jab and a recovery.

Information for UK nationals:

A QR Code can be generated ONLY for English children over 12 years who have had Covid + 1 dose of vaccine
For English children over 12 years old who have only 1 dose of vaccine: an antigenic test or PCR will have to be done every 24h
For English children over 12 years old who had Covid less than 6 months ago: an antigen or PCR test should be done every 24 hours
For English children over 12 years old who have not been vaccinated: an antigen or PCR test should be done every 24 hours

from: https://www.valthorens.com/en/staying-with-us--useful-informations-1/covid-19-valthorens
latest report
@nicholsg, there are private clinics that will issue a letter/certificate of recovery for about £150
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The suspense is killing me . . .
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
franga wrote:
James77 wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

I think we do? Anyone over 12 will need to be double jabbed or single jabbed and recovered to access anything.

Children under 12 are exempt.

Anyone over 18 needs to be boosted with 6.5 months of their second jab to access anything.
I hope you're right ... but I wouldn't put it beyond Macron to create specific rules for UK tourists.
ski holidays
Hamboghini wrote:
I don't have anything useful to update on here. Does anyone else also not have anything useful to update? Toofy Grin

Yes, you'll be interested to hear that I also don't have anything useful to update on here.
snow report
They will have to apply the same rules for the UK as they are doing for their own citizens without doubt. So, letting us in is only really part of the story for families. It will all come down to the rules of the vaccine pass and how that affects the over 12s.

From what I read this morning, the vaccine pass will apply to over 16s (although there is going to be a debate about moving it to 18. But not sure if that means the pass sanitaire will apply to younger ages and daily tests accepted.

Resorts probably don't know ahead of the game, but I see that you can book antigen tests in the Tignes pop up centre up to 31 March. Wouldn't read anything into this of course.
ski holidays
LOL

France on Tuesday reported 368,149 new coronavirus cases, the highest single-day tally of the pandemic.
snow report
Asking families with teens who have yet to be fully vaccinated to undertake daily tests in a ski resort will be a deal-breaker for many. It's hard enough getting them dressed, putting their ski boots on and getting them to their lessons on time ...
snow conditions
Completely! Not exactly the relaxing holiday that you want. And always that edge of receiving a positive result but having an asymptomatic child! Plus the extra cost.
latest report
andy from embsay wrote:
Ongoing arms race on how to get to your QR code quickest:
Quicker: Copy NHS code into TAC app - no need to log in so can be done with no internet

Quicker still: copy NHS cert into apple (or android?) wallet, access direct from home screen

Certainly on Android the TAC app has a 'favourite code' widget so you can add the home screen too.

andy from embsay wrote:
Analogue (but not susceptible to device failure) - print the flippin’ thing.

Couple of the guys I was skiing with back in Dec. had their QA codes printed/laminated/stuck to the top of their helmets, so 'checking in' to a mountain restaurant just ment bowing to the person doing the scanning.
latest report
I think Attal’s just been asked and still not announced anything - just mentioned “in the next days” I think?
ski holidays
andy from embsay wrote:
I think Attal’s just been asked and still not announced anything - just mentioned “in the next days” I think?

Yeah, didn't sound like anything coming today.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 12-01-22 13:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Michael Rose - Reuters

Travel restrictions between France and the UK will be relaxed further by the end of the week, French govt spokesman @GabrielAttal says. Both countries now going through similar Omicron waves.
snow report
To be fair he said something vague about business last Weds and they clarified the actual rules on (I think) Thursday? Presumably the ministers agree then someone has to draft the comms?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy