Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
@GreenDay, I see what you mean - but given they brought them in with 48hrs notice you’d hope they could unpick them as fast! My chips are on the end of next week now anyway, but it’s the utterly illogical nature of it that irks me (as was the “amber plus” nonsense going the other way - if anything that was worse as it was because someone didn’t know where Reunion was…).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skimum1 wrote:
franga wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
Just noticed that not only SA but all the “scarlet” countries are now on France’s red list (meaning vaccinated travellers don’t need a compelling reason).

So the UK is now the only country in the world with these restrictions.

Which is, frankly, bonkers.
Small man syndrome and all that ...

He is 5’9”, same as the average height of a British man. Are you from a family of giants?!

I'm amazed that's the average! My 13 year old son is taller than that! I am 6'4 though, so figures.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There was a 14 day rule in the past. Has that been removed?

Publicising this sort of way round the system is hardly going to impress the French authorities. If anything, it could prompt a backlash to the detriment of everybody else.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brianatab wrote:
There was a 14 day rule in the past. Has that been removed?

Publicising this sort of way round the system is hardly going to impress the French authorities. If anything, it could prompt a backlash to the detriment of everybody else.

There still is - though it’s not easy to find. It’s not in the actual wording of the decree, it’s only on the form you’re supposed to fill in before getting on your flight/ferry. Which of course you wouldn’t do if you flew to GVA as nobody would ask for it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Minion1980 wrote:
Something else to consider, I was looking at the current french Entry requirements and even for those permitted to enter there was a 48 hour quarantine rule for everyone, I may have misunderstood but that's a big blocker in itself for a weeks holiday.

You’re absolutely right. You need to quarantine for 48 hours from UK regardless of vaccination status. Well, accurately you have to quarantine until you are negative on a supervised (pharmacy/lab etc) LFT at least 48 hours post arriva. You must complete a passenger locator form and the Gendarmes *will* visit to check you are isolating. My wife commutes to UK 3 days a week and is absolutely livid about being locked up for *at least* 48 hrs (depending on when she can get a test spot) each week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Club Med have now cancelled French holidays to 16/1 inclusive (which is ours..)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The form does show 14 days, reduced until test after 48 hours is negative. We isolated from arrival on New Year Eve Friday till we had PCR negative results am Tuesday. No visit or call by Gendarmes. Luckily cool bag contents of no interest.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’m confused about the vaccine pass for the vaccinated. From what I’ve read you need to have booster from jan 15th onwards to keep your health pass active for the slopes, reataurants etc, but what if you have 2 jabs and close to 5 months from your last injection? From what I’ve read french health pass allowed you to enter venues with 2 jabs if there was less than 7 months from your last dose, but some sources say that its gonna cut down to 4 months starting jan 15th? Some sources don’t mention anything about this and some news site are speculating aswell.

I’m supposed to travel jan 15th in a group where some people are not even allowed to get their boosters yet, but that have over 5months from their last jab.

Asking this as an EU member.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rjj501 wrote:
Minion1980 wrote:
Something else to consider, I was looking at the current french Entry requirements and even for those permitted to enter there was a 48 hour quarantine rule for everyone, I may have misunderstood but that's a big blocker in itself for a weeks holiday.

You’re absolutely right. You need to quarantine for 48 hours from UK regardless of vaccination status. Well, accurately you have to quarantine until you are negative on a supervised (pharmacy/lab etc) LFT at least 48 hours post arriva. You must complete a passenger locator form and the Gendarmes *will* visit to check you are isolating. My wife commutes to UK 3 days a week and is absolutely livid about being locked up for *at least* 48 hrs (depending on when she can get a test spot) each week.

But the people who are flying via GVA and not getting stopped transiting to France won’t be completing the French PLF either so won’t have to isolate. I’m sure that’ll be one of the things that goes when the rules are relaxed.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Montan, but if brits can't travel till eg 15/1 but unsure, they can't take the risk. I don't think it's in any way indicative.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rjj501 wrote:
Minion1980 wrote:

Oh really? Bloody hell!

Well in better news for myself (though not sure now considering the above) I spoke to the owner of the apartment I have booked in Les Arcs through Vrbo and explained why I had not yet paid and that I may need to cancel tomorrow and he offered to refund me in full if by the 20th the situation still hasn't changed for us so I've gone ahead and paid. That's very nice of him he certainly didn't need to do that and it's why I will never tolerate bigoted attitudes to our French neighbours (or any other country actually!), they've always made me feel very welcome and are super accommodating. Now I can stop looking at alternatives for a week and a half, it's a weight off my mind, if anyone is in the same boat it might be worth speaking to your accommodation providers as I doubt they want to lose bookings either.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Minion1980, Seems I was wrong - Apologies :: Just so complicated.......
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rjj501 wrote:
Minion1980 wrote:

There's no quarantine requirement for vaccinated travelers to France even from red list countries:

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In other news, Crystal seem hopeful and are holding off on cancelling holidays to France departing 22nd Jan.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
rjj501 wrote:
Minion1980 wrote:

There's no quarantine requirement for vaccinated travelers to France even from red list countries:

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

Travellers from the United Kingdom are currently in a completely different category we are not green, amber, red or scarlet. United Kingdom is in a special group all on its own with 48hr quarantine on arrival in France then released after a negative LFT.

snow conditions
muppet wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
rjj501 wrote:
Minion1980 wrote:

Travellers from the United Kingdom are currently in a completely different category we are not green, amber, red or scarlet. United Kingdom is in a special group all on its own with 48hr quarantine on arrival in France then released after a negative LFT.

I know. (I posted that info yesterday) But it's reasonable to guess that if they allow entry for UK tourists they'll align the entry requirements with those from other countries. (I should probably have been clearer about my assumptions.)
latest report
under a new name wrote:
@Montan, but if brits can't travel till eg 15/1 but unsure, they can't take the risk. I don't think it's in any way indicative.
. I agree re the risk of waiting for the potential change on 15/1, and I’ve been expecting it, so at least we know now, and I can stop scouring every known source, at all hours of the day and night. Our credit note (issued when LAST year’s trip didn’t happen) will be renewed and we’ll try again.
ski holidays
Snowy_Kenobi wrote:
I’m confused about the vaccine pass for the vaccinated. From what I’ve read you need to have booster from jan 15th onwards to keep your health pass active for the slopes, reataurants etc, but what if you have 2 jabs and close to 5 months from your last injection? From what I’ve read french health pass allowed you to enter venues with 2 jabs if there was less than 7 months from your last dose, but some sources say that its gonna cut down to 4 months starting jan 15th? Some sources don’t mention anything about this and some news site are speculating aswell.

I’m supposed to travel jan 15th in a group where some people are not even allowed to get their boosters yet, but that have over 5months from their last jab.

Asking this as an EU member.

I’d love to know this too, particularly with some sort of authoritative link listing it all out. Also how many days after a booster does it count?
latest report
@mishmash, "Missions necessary for the pursuit of an economic activity requiring an on-site presence (which cannot be postponed)."

How about delivery of a second hand car to the new owner, It is a LHD bought in the UK then needs to be delivered to the British owner in his permanent residence which happens to be half way up an Alp, where I could ski for a week to get over the long journey?
snow report
gixxerniknik wrote:
@mishmash, "Missions necessary for the pursuit of an economic activity requiring an on-site presence (which cannot be postponed)."

How about delivery of a second hand car to the new owner, It is a LHD bought in the UK then needs to be delivered to the British owner in his permanent residence which happens to be half way up an Alp, where I could ski for a week to get over the long journey?

If you could use that as a reason the bummer is the 48hrs isolation with a pharmacie test to release at the end of it - and I understand the gendarmes are checking up. In a week hopefully this all goes.
ski holidays
Looks like France are releasing omicron % again - and as we thought it’s c80%, so (as they often seem to) The Connexion have got it wrong.
Though Delta seems to be holding up more than it did in the Uk - could be overseas territories?

latest report
Thanks, @andy from embsay, I'm keeping an eye on it as I want to go either 15th or a week later, all my mates have dropped out this season and I can't face another season not sliding!
ski holidays
Me too @gixxerniknik - flights booked next Friday evening (14th) and the following Friday as well!
latest report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
In other news, Crystal seem hopeful and are holding off on cancelling holidays to France departing 22nd Jan.

Yes - just received email from crystal for our Jan 22nd departure:

We're aware that the ban on UK travellers entering France is still in place, however we understand that the French government are currently reviewing this and we’re hoping there may be some positive news.

We're doing everything we can to get you to the mountains and will confirm as soon as possible whether your holiday can go ahead as planned.

We'll be in touch no later than 7 days before your departure date with an update.

Thanks,

Your Crystal team
snow report
gixxerniknik wrote:
Thanks, @andy from embsay, I'm keeping an eye on it as I want to go either 15th or a week later, all my mates have dropped out this season and I can't face another season not sliding!

I’m the same. Mates dropped out but I’m planning on a solo trip on 22nd
snow conditions
andy from embsay wrote:
gixxerniknik wrote:

If you could use that as a reason the bummer is the 48hrs isolation with a pharmacie test to release at the end of it - and I understand the gendarmes are checking up. In a week hopefully this all goes.

I know, that’s why I’m probably going to hang on now until next Wednesday. Can’t go before Tuesday anyway.
ski holidays
@paul.71, not sure whether Crystal have contacts in French gov (you’d hope so!) but that looks like really good news.
latest report
Perhaps boris has a ski holiday in france next so macron is just pissing him of because of fishing, rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paul.71 wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:

We're aware that the ban on UK travellers entering France is still in place, however we understand that the French government are currently reviewing this and we’re hoping there may be some positive news.

We're doing everything we can to get you to the mountains and will confirm as soon as possible whether your holiday can go ahead as planned.

We'll be in touch no later than 7 days before your departure date with an update.

Thanks,

Your Crystal team

meh, Crystal was still flogging trips for the 8th & 15th beginning of this week
snow conditions
andy from embsay wrote:
Looks like France are releasing omicron % again - and as we thought it’s c80%, so (as they often seem to) The Connexion have got it wrong.
Though Delta seems to be holding up more than it did in the Uk - could be overseas territories?

Just a thought but the UK delta wave has crashed along through the summer whereas France masked up and used passe sanitaire so wonder if it could make a difference.
ski holidays
@Skimum1, pretty sure that’s part of it, plus their vax drive got going a bit later so less waning in the autumn when we were 6 months past jab 2. I was a fairly early jabee (Feb and April) and I got (very mild) delta in the autumn.
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
paul.71 wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:

Thanks,

Your Crystal team

meh, Crystal was still flogging trips for the 8th & 15th beginning of this week

Crystal cancelled their departures to France for the 15th Jan last Wednesday, 29th Dec, i.e. well over 2 weeks before departure, and I seem to recall they cancelled the 8th Jan departures just before Xmas. Up until now, they've been cancelling at last 2 weeks before departure, which is what they said they'd do in their email of 16th Dec to customers with departures booked in January. This is an unexpected change in approach.
ski holidays
Positive news re Crystal, fingers crossed for everyone who is due to holiday with them and everyone else with upcoming bookings to France ... it will be really interesting to see what the French decide to do with unvaccinated >12Y olds (if this will be their cut-off), this point will be critical for the February HT and Easter holiday crowd ...
snow report
@paul.71, x fingers
ski holidays
andy from embsay wrote:
@Skimum1, pretty sure that’s part of it, plus their vax drive got going a bit later so less waning in the autumn when we were 6 months past jab 2. I was a fairly early jabee (Feb and April) and I got (very mild) delta in the autumn.

The waning is a good point-it must have something to do with it. France definitely had a Delta wave but at the time the testing levels were less than optimal, but are massively higher now (which also explains the sensational numbers of late).

The DOM TOMs are now almost all under emergency orders and have very low vaccination rates. The least-vaccinated department on the mainland appears to be Seine Saint-Denis, nearly 20 per cent lower than its neighbouring departments.
snow report
franga wrote:
Positive news re Crystal, fingers crossed for everyone who is due to holiday with them and everyone else with upcoming bookings to France ... it will be really interesting to see what the French decide to do with unvaccinated >12Y olds (if this will be their cut-off), this point will be critical for the February HT and Easter holiday crowd ...

I think 12-16s can still do daily tests as per the vax pass debate.
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:

Crystal cancelled their departures to France for the 15th Jan last Wednesday, 29th Dec, i.e. well over 2 weeks before departure, and I seem to recall they cancelled the 8th Jan departures just before Xmas. Up until now, they've been cancelling at last 2 weeks before departure, which is what they said they'd do in their email of 16th Dec to customers with departures booked in January. This is an unexpected change in approach.

There has still been some on their website. Belle Plagne 8th & 15th was both there in the last week - they prob just slipped through the net. Was tempting for a gamble at under £300
snow conditions
andy from embsay wrote:
franga wrote:

I think 12-16s can still do daily tests as per the vax pass debate.
If so then that that will force many families with unvaccinated teens to switch to Switzerland … daily tests in a ski resort are a pain in the backside. Nevermind, the risk of testing +ve element.
ski holidays
andy from embsay wrote:

Aren’t the French (and continental) enduring high numbers of Delta, due to their lagging behind on booster jabs?

They did well on double vaccinating, but over time it’s efficacy waned.
snow conditions
@Snow&skifan, yes, that’s probably part of it - they didn’t suffer as large a delta wave possibly because their initial vaccines were a bit later (so less waning in Q3) plus more restrictions over the summer held back their delta wave. But the boffins have always said restrictions don’t avoid the wave - they delay it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy