Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Thanks. Thought that was the case.

He’s considered fully vaccinated in Ireland which I thought would be accepted but doesn’t seem so.

Hopefully by the time you go, Ireland will have fallen into line with other countries and offer boosters to just about anyone.

The delay between second jab/monodose and booster has recently been shortened in many places for example.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
randox lets me add lfd to card
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Has there been any word on whether or not the fit-to-fly style at home rapid antigen tests will be accepted or do they require the ones done at a testing centre?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 1-12-21 19:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fit to fly is what we will be using for Eurotunnel (as we did in the summer).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

He did not clarify whether the rules would apply to children, but current rules on testing require tests only for children aged 11 and over, so it is likely that the same will apply here.

I’m assuming the above is an error. It’s 12 and over for children isn’t it?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
With the latest requirement of a negative PCR....can anybody answer this? Can't find any concrete info anywhere.

We are due to go to France for Xmas. My wife and kids got Covid just over a month ago and are now fully recovered. We were told that PCR tests would show as positive for next 90 days? Are we screwed?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hopefully it’s lateral flow or PCR. We all had Covid and flew to Sicily about 3 weeks after. We needed a negative lat flow test for that which we got.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OK, looks like everyone needs to chill. The rules according to this publication (6 hours ago), says for non EU travellers you need a negative test, PCR OR ANTIGEN within 48 hours.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20211201/breaking-france-brings-in-covid-test-rules-for-all-non-eu-travellers/

Within the EU you only need a test, within 24 hours if you aren't vaccinated.

Regarding kids, the 11 years and over is for testing for entering the country, and not the pass sanitaire.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anybody know what will happen if you fly into Geneva and then cross over in a rental car? Guessing they might do random spot checks at the border? Otherwise I can't see how the French will enforce the new rule for people going in that way.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ruddster, you're going to need a negative test to fly into GVA, so a moot point, surely?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Timmycb5, this the local article has been linked many times today and I've not found a single other source to corroborate this statement.

So, still waiting for the official info
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ghanny wrote:
Hopefully it’s lateral flow or PCR. We all had Covid and flew to Sicily about 3 weeks after. We needed a negative lat flow test for that which we got.

Oh that sounds very promising, right will do some testing right away. Thank you!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oleski wrote:
@Timmycb5, this the local article has been linked many times today and I've not found a single other source to corroborate this statement.

Some other links:

https://planetski.eu/2021/12/01/uk-skiers-heading-to-france-will-need-negative-covid-test/

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/BREAKING-Negative-Covid-test-for-vaccinated-non-EU-arrivals-to-France
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Oleski, Independent now confirming it too.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/france-adds-negative-test-travel-rules-b1967674.html
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Timmycb5 wrote:
@Ruddster, you're going to need a negative test to fly into GVA, so a moot point, surely?

Are you sure, I thought a fully vaccinated traveler who is only transiting via Geneva and will spend less than 24 hours in Switzerland only requires the Swiss entry for, no testing or quarantine required
snow report
Jonny996 wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

Are you sure, I thought a fully vaccinated traveler who is only transiting via Geneva and will spend less than 24 hours in Switzerland only requires the Swiss entry for, no testing or quarantine required

From the gov.uk website

Quote:
Testing requirements
In addition to the above entry requirements, all travellers flying to Switzerland must possess either proof of vaccination, proof of recovery in the last 6 months or a negative COVID-19 test prior to departure. Negative PCR tests (not older than 72 hours) or a rapid antigen test (not older than 48 hours) are accepted. Children under the age of 16 are exempt from testing. A negative COVID-19 test will not grant your entry to Switzerland if you are not eligible to enter (i.e. fully vaccinated or exempt.)
snow report
Timmycb5 wrote:
Jonny996 wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

From the gov.uk website

Quote:
Testing requirements
In addition to the above entry requirements, all travellers flying to Switzerland must possess either proof of vaccination, proof of recovery in the last 6 months or a negative COVID-19 test prior to departure. Negative PCR tests (not older than 72 hours) or a rapid antigen test (not older than 48 hours) are accepted. Children under the age of 16 are exempt from testing. A negative COVID-19 test will not grant your entry to Switzerland if you are not eligible to enter (i.e. fully vaccinated or exempt.)

I’m reading that as you only need a Test if you’re UNvaccinated
snow conditions
Tris wrote:
Oleski wrote:

Some other links:

https://planetski.eu/2021/12/01/uk-skiers-heading-to-france-will-need-negative-covid-test/

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/BREAKING-Negative-Covid-test-for-vaccinated-non-EU-arrivals-to-France

from connexion: "The type of test – PCR or antigen – has not been specified"

others seems to be repeating each other. I want to see the official info before I start putting logistics in place
latest report
Is there a French Passenger Locator Form, or is the the statement of honour, which has your destination on it their equivalent of a PLF?
snow report
Jonny996 wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
Jonny996 wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

From the gov.uk website

Quote:
Testing requirements

I’m reading that as you only need a Test if you’re UNvaccinated

That was the case when I travelled to France recently. The Attestation D'Honneur was taken and tossed onto the huge pile of previous flights without so much of a glimpse at the content.
snow conditions
Quote:

From the gov.uk website

Quote:
Testing requirements

Doesn't this say EITHER proof of vaccination or recovery OR a negative COVID-19 test? Not both...
ski holidays
@fuzzydunlop, On second reading, yes. That'll teach me to post whilst making dinner and drinking wine!
ski holidays
Quote:

@fuzzydunlop, On second reading, yes. That'll teach me to post whilst making dinner and drinking wine!

Sounds like a fair excuse to me...?
snow report
Interesting that now after some 10-12 hours following the "anouncement" of the need for testing to enter France there is no mention of this on any of the official sites from either government.
Or am I looking in the wrong places?
latest report
Quote:

Jonpim
snowHead
Interesting the now after some 10-12 hours following the "anouncement" of the need for testing to enter France there is no mention of this on any of the official sites from either government.
Or am I looking in the wrong places?

No, I agree. But I wonder if governments prefer to announce these things through unsubstantiated press reports so that they can confirm them later, thereby hoping to take some of the sting out of an announcement they have to make anyway?
snow conditions
@Jonpim, they could be extremely slow in updating? Not as if anyone is interested.
ski holidays
@twoodwar, @Jonpim
I agree it's frustrating. Today I have been able to book a PCR test for the day before I fly with a result the same day - £200 (which I can cancel until the last minute). If I can use an antigen/lateral flow test the cost is £50 with the result and a certificate within 4 hours.
snow conditions
Unfortunately Ireland is currently not giving any priority to those who received the single Janssen dose, making it difficult for travel to France.

See below:
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/
“Starting on 15 December, people 65 and older or who were vaccinated with a Janssen vaccine must provide proof of booster vaccination for their COVID certificate to be extended.”

Harve wrote:
Quote:

Thanks. Thought that was the case.

He’s considered fully vaccinated in Ireland which I thought would be accepted but doesn’t seem so.

Hopefully by the time you go, Ireland will have fallen into line with other countries and offer boosters to just about anyone.

The delay between second jab/monodose and booster has recently been shortened in many places for example.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
how can all the info be so contradictory ??? the eurotunnel website states very clearly that if you are fully vaccinated you do not need a test and just need to show NHS covid pass. wtf is going in with all the linked articles in this thread that are saying you need to test. which ones do we believe ?
ski holidays
Tris wrote:
With the latest requirement of a negative PCR....can anybody answer this? Can't find any concrete info anywhere.

We are due to go to France for Xmas. My wife and kids got Covid just over a month ago and are now fully recovered. We were told that PCR tests would show as positive for next 90 days? Are we screwed?

I have personal experience of this situation.

The more sensitive PCR test can still react as positive to the dead genetic material from a previous Covid infection for a period of up to 90 days. In reality, only a very very small percentage of people will still show positive at 90 days whereas many would still test positive just a week or so after the end of the recommended isolation period.

I personally tested positive for Covid during the Summer after taking a PCR test, but then I took another PCR test just five weeks after the first and tested negative.

For your own peace of mind you could pay for a PCR test right now that you take at home and send to the lab in the post for around £35 per person (includes delivery and return postage costs) and hopefully getting a negative will make the next couple of weeks more bearable.
ski holidays
C19 testing from cerulean promising next day delivery for @Jonpim,
latest report
Thank you fuzzydunlop, twoodwar and Grinning, but the odd limbo situation remains at nigh on 24 hours.
The Eurotunnel site suggests checking with diplomatie.gouv.fr, interieur.gouv.fr and uk.ambafrance.org.
diplomatie.gouv.fr: "Last updated: 22 November 2021" No mention of needing covid test.
interieur.gouv.fr: Starts with date December 1, 2021. Followed by scary statement: "To deal with the virus and contain the introduction of its variants, border control measures are temporarily needed, both on entering and leaving the country." But then under entry to France from Amber country, just the usual "If you are vaccinated , you must simply present proof of your vaccination status and a sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and of any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.".
uk.ambafrance.org: In travel from UK there is the statement "This section is currently being amended." No mention of covid test for fully vaccinated.
All most unhelpful.
I will wait before booking a test . . .
ski holidays
@Jonpim,

I thought that too but assuming the official change happens Friday afternoon or evening then you'd be in a very sticky situation which is why I'm forced having organised a PCR first thing today to now book an antigen test tomorrow as well.
latest report
The test requirement was announced by the government's spokesman at a press conference so it's not just some leak but it's a bit odd that the diplomatie.gouv site isn't updated yet. Maybe it won't be until it comes into force on Saturday.
latest report
I’m trying to decide whether to book fit to fly PCR or Antigen. Obviously there is a significant cost different between the two. 4 of us travelling to France via eurotunnel on 19th Dec, 2 adults (jabbed and boostered), 14 year old (single-jabbed), and 11 year old. So we will all have a fit to fly test on Sat 18th, ready for travel the next morning.
PCR or Antigen? I guess we won’t know for sure until gov.uk updates it’s webpage?
Can anyone recommend a company for these tests? We have used a clinic in Milton Keynes in the past but the PCR same day is about £130 each!
snow report
Try c19testing.co.uk or qured.com for antigen tests. They are quick and relatively cheap at around £20 each. Also, very convenient as you just send them a photo of your test with your passport and a certificate is emailed back to you within a few hours, or less.
ski holidays
Klamm Franzer wrote:
Try c19testing.co.uk or qured.com for antigen tests. They are quick and relatively cheap at around £20 each. Also, very convenient as you just send them a photo of your test with your passport and a certificate is emailed back to you within a few hours, or less.

Thank you
ski holidays
Still no update on the French gov website about this: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/

Am travelling next week, so keen to find out requirements for tests (24hr or 48hr before?).
snow conditions
Have booked a c19testing antigen testing kit to take with us in case we need it to get back over the land border from Spain to Toulouse. Waiting to book fit to fly test cos the price difference between antigen and 24 hours PCR is considerable.

If it's PCR they're asking for I have no idea how we'll get back to Toulouse for our flight first thing on Monday morning as there doesn't appear to be a way of getting one at the weekend where we're going. We'd be driving at about 5am so hopefully they have better things to do than stop random cars to check what type of test you have taken.

Worst case we will have to extend our trip a few days to allow for some extra testing!
snow conditions
The French rules have been published (French only). Antigen tests ok as long as the”detect the N Protein” - now The Local are saying this rules out most countries’ antigen tests - I am pretty sure they’re wrong. Having just checked the blurb with my Testing for All test is says it detects the “nucleocapsid antigen from SARS-Cov-2”. Then when I googled “nucleocapsid antigen” the first hit said “…or N Protein”. So I think they’re ok. However someone will probably know better than me!

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jorf/id/JORFTEXT000044394836

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy