Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NHS Covid pass problem

Poster: A snowHead
@JohnDory, PS you can now get vaccinated with something else if you were on the Novavax trial but it will take too long unless you get the Janssen.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks, my trial doctor has offered 2 x Pfizer 3 weeks apart, starting next week. Or 1 Booster of Pfizer with a letter saying "i am fully vaccinated (not mentioning Novavax) and also received a Pfizer booster on...." Not happy about having more jabs! Just curious to try my current NHS passport on the Green Pass but unsure which one to download. If I get a green tick with my current status then I'd prefer not to have any further jabs.

I won't be volunteering for the greater good again!

Really sorry to hear the OP has had to cancel their trip, so unfair
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@JohnDory, I agree about the trial. The UK rules were exception if you were on a trial approved by the WHO but it is not the case in some EU countries.

I can understand accepting my only approved vaccines for the general public but the small amount of people on trials should be exempt everywhere in my opinion.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ghanny, how frustrating. I am annoyed for you !

Am I right in reading the conclusion on timings is :

You get covid symptoms. You do an LFT (+ve), arrange and attend a PCR so you might get the results 2 days later. Legal requirement to isolate for a further 8 days (10 days from symptom onset).

BUT

On day 2 when your PCR tests positive, your NHS digital COVID cert disappears, and is unavailable for 14 days from result day (day 2). Thus despite being allowed to travel after 10 days (day 11 onwards) you haven't got access to your covid pass until day 17 (since it vanishes for result day + 14).

Have I understood that correctly ?

So the risk window is if you get symptoms and are due to travel in 11 to 16 days (earlier than 11 you are screwed anyway as legal requirement to isolate for 10 days if you test +ve).

So possible solutions are: if you get symptoms and are due to travel in 11 to 16 days, print your covid pass first before getting PCR, or trust lateral flow, don't do PCR and self isolate for the 10 days anyway assuming you are positive. You are then good to travel from day 11 ?

So sorry you missed your trip and thanks for sharing so hopefully others can avoid similar fates. The other obvious one is always travel with a hard copy too (I read over the weekend travellers denied boarding as at the time of checking-in the app lost connectivity with the server and couldn't retrieve their covid cert).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not read through all the responses, but friends who have had covid recently have been told it's 19 days until the app appears again.

No point in testing as will show positive and no point in testing for 90 days.

Apparently T&T were very helpful. yes really Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@knackered knees, so now we have 10 days, 11 days (from FB posts), 14 days and 19 days! And my mate reckoned 20 days!

Have to say I’m drawn to @ghanny’s response from the NHS as it seemed pretty specific.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
andy from embsay wrote:
@knackered knees, so now we have 10 days, 11 days (from FB posts), 14 days and 19 days! And my mate reckoned 20 days!

Have to say I’m drawn to @ghanny’s response from the NHS as it seemed pretty specific.

Checked message from friend and it's 14 days from PCR, plus 5 days to go through the process the re-adding to the app.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
knackered knees wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:

Checked message from friend and it's 14 days from PCR, plus 5 days to go through the process the re-adding to the app.

Odd. @ghanny was told 14 days to allow for 4 days on top of the 10 to add it back to vax records!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This sounds like a complete nightmare. Might one solution be to get a foreign (e.g. Swiss) certificate a month or two before travelling?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I do not have a smart phone and I recently downloaded a pdf file with my vaccination status. It seems that to get a paper statement you have to ask for this 14 days before you travel. However, the pdf file says the 2d barcode expires on 22/10/2022 (1 year from now).

I have never had a smart phone as I cannot get a very good mobile signal where I am, and so only 2g phones are worth having.

This thread is very confusing for me.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So here is more confusion.

Cancelled Airbnb and fit to fly lat flow tests this morning after one more last check of the nhs app. Still showing no records.

Whilst waiting for a work thing this afternoon I checked the nhs app and my Covid pass is back!! Couldn’t make it up. So we have been running around today getting new LF tests and trying to check in etc. Looks like we might make it after all.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
telford_mike wrote:
This sounds like a complete nightmare. Might one solution be to get a foreign (e.g. Swiss) certificate a month or two before travelling?

Thats what I’d be doing rather than wait and find my covid passport disappears when needed even though the isolation period ends before you’re going. And download paper version plus off line and add it to wallet ever so often to keep pushing the validity day out. It doesn’t seem to have an problem in issuing a new qr with a new expiry date for Apple Wallet or pdf when one was already extant.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Timmycb5, The QR code has been stored in my wallet, and it accessible. Border mode works ok too, so should be ok to travel and enter venues.

Bluetooth is already active. Tried turning it off and on, but same result.
I was assuming the bluetooth part was something to do with track and trace. As I'm in UK, would be amazed if it could connect with any other.
Hopefully, that part will switch itself on when I'm in France.

Edit. actually, it might be better if it doesn't work, as long as I can get into the Country and venues. No chance of getting pinged as a close contact Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ghanny, good news : so what day did it reappear on following your pcr test? I assume it relates to the result not the swab date?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Ghanny, Did you make it?
latest report
I did make it! Unbelievably.

So I took my PCR on 11 Oct and received notification I had tested positive on 12.

My NHS pass came back yesterday. So 21st.
ski holidays
@brianatab wrote:

Edit. actually, it might be better if it doesn't work, as long as I can get into the Country and venues. No chance of getting pinged as a close contact

We had our TAC app turned off in September and it didn't cause any problems with accessing venues.
snow report
This thread is a month old but I have a similar problem. My wife and I were double jabbed in the summer, but have both tested positive with a LFD 3 days ago. We do have it. Uploaded to NHS on 25/11 and now locked out of the passport in the app (no record found), where we did have and have used our vaccination passports before. Be careful - It locks you out on an LFD positive registration not just a pcr being recorded.

We travel in 3 weeks. Now Im worried the passport wont return. Anyone know timings of when/if it comes back and any steps I need to do to make sure?

Based on a previous post here, if I take a confirmation PCR test, then the 14 day (?) clock will restart as the test will show positive, effectively adding another 5 days to my clock (due to weekend postage etc). All the guidance is to take a PCR. Sounds crazy but the passport being locked out even longer incentivises one not to do the follow up PCR.

Any advise on timings and how the NHS app resets the passport and when. This has really spooked me.

And finally, I have no intention of travelling in 20 days time unless Im fully recovered, well and no risk to anyone.
ski holidays
@gj1973, it comes back about 14 days after a positive PCR test in my case (not sure about the LFT /PCR interaction as I had my PCR done on the same day as the LFT) , effectively 10 days for your isolation, and 4 days for system faffing.

You should get the PCR to confirm the LFT (you might get lucky and the PCR be negative).

If you are worried about timings get to a walk in centre for the PCR.
snow conditions
thanks @ster, 10 days + 4 days sounds hopeful. I have booked a walk in for tomorrow morning. Lets see if it resets the clock from the date the LFD was registered or not. We are both 100% positive atm.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 28-11-21 0:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@gj1973,
Quote:

We travel in 3 weeks. Now Im worried the passport wont return. Anyone know timings of when/if it comes back and any steps I need to do to make sure?

I posted a +ve antigen test in error last week. Had a PCR test at 2.30pm Sat. Negative result reported to me at about 1000am the following morning (Sunday). By about 7pm on that same Sunday the passport was restored to the app. I was told by a help line that it would take 48hrs from the negative PCR; in the event it wasn't much more than 24hrs.
snow conditions
Is the answer to screen shot your day 2 Covid pass PCR and or get the Nhs to send you your COVID pass letter as soon as you’re fully compliant. Then it doesn’t matter if you’re tested going forward.
latest report
We had 4 staff test positive on Monday, all double jabbed, all isolating.

Not sure what purpose the pass has now.
snow report
@Frosty the Snowman, frustrating I know. However, without the pass, nobody is leaving the country so, for that alone it’s useful, if that’s a priority.
snow report
I received a positive PCR 10 days ago and I’m triple jabbed. My COVID Pass was reactivated this evening, so it now appears to be 10 days even if your are vaccinated.
ski holidays
@mrs_frostee, a few people have said that. I think there were some teething problems initially when people lost their passports and only had recovery passes or had nothing for weeks afterwards. It was all very random and only affected a subset of people, but all seems to be sorted now.
snow conditions
Thanks to this thread and prompting from another snowHead I took a screenshot of my travel pass, just BEFORE I went for a PCR when the rest of the family were +ve as she knew I needed to go overseas for a family issue. This pass expired the day I was due to travel back but in the event my NHS pass came back in time, was probs the 12th day, although technically told a porky on the Spanish locator form as it asked if I had been in contact with anyone with covid in the previous 10 or 14 days and I was squarely in my isolation period then! All a bit of a minefield. I was worried my day 2 (or 3 as it turned out, thanks Boots wink won't be using you again for testing!) LFT would land me back in isolation but thankfully it was negative.
snow report
always29 wrote:
Thanks to this thread and prompting from another snowHead I took a screenshot of my travel pass, just BEFORE I went for a PCR when the rest of the family were +ve as she knew I needed to go overseas for a family issue. This pass expired the day I was due to travel back but in the event my NHS pass came back in time, was probs the 12th day, although technically told a porky on the Spanish locator form as it asked if I had been in contact with anyone with covid in the previous 10 or 14 days and I was squarely in my isolation period then! All a bit of a minefield. I was worried my day 2 (or 3 as it turned out, thanks Boots wink won't be using you again for testing!) LFT would land me back in isolation but thankfully it was negative.

So you travelled to Spain when you should have been in isolation?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Work colleague had covid 60 days ago and will be flying back into UK shortly. She can't find anywhere what she should do re tests for the journey.

People are not supposed to take LF or PCR tests for 90 days after their original diagnosis (unless they have new symptoms)

Anyone got any ideas?
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Work colleague had covid 60 days ago and will be flying back into UK shortly. She can't find anywhere what she should do re tests for the journey.

People are not supposed to take LF or PCR tests for 90 days after their original diagnosis (unless they have new symptoms)

Anyone got any ideas?

You are supposed to take a test within the 90 post-infection if you exhibit new symptoms.

But as for a false positive in that period it will be the luck of the draw? My son was still testing (unsurprisingly) positive around 2 weeks after infection using a LFT but now around 8 weeks after, he’s negative.

I guess if she needs to go, better to use the less sensitive LFT and hope its negative.
snow conditions
We’re in the same boat - whole family tested positive < 90 days before we’re due to fly out to Geneva (for a holiday in France). We’re just going to have to hope that the pre-departure PCRs are negative. Otherwise we’ll have to hastily arrange flights to France instead where, currently, an LFT is fine for pre-departure. We might find the cheapest PCR provider and do a test run a week or so before, then if those are negative we know we should be OK for the real ones.
snow report
NE1 wrote:

So you travelled to Spain when you should have been in isolation?

Gawd, no, am not that blasé about the rules. The Spanish declaration was have you been a close contact in the last 10 or 14 days, which would have taken me back into my isolation period so was possibly a bit open but qs it happens I had a recovery certificate by the time I flew.
snow conditions
@mrs_frostee, I did a test run and I came back negative with Express Test. I am 6 weeks post covid, but I know people who still PCR +ive after 12 weeks.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

Anyone got any ideas?

Have a look at this page:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

I don't think she's exempt from either the pre departure antigen test or the day 2 PCR.

I've not seen any official guidance about not having an antigen test in the 90 days after a positive PCR.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy