Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NHS Covid pass problem

Poster: A snowHead
Both myself and my wife have used the NHS Covid pass no issues at all in France over the summer. However we both recently contracted Covid. Have both recovered but our Covid pass now shows the message ‘No Covid 19 records found’.

We are supposed to be travelling to Italy Friday and the app support line are being unhelpful. Does anyone have any experience of this? Any ideas ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you have to renew it? I know that I had to download a new copy for a recent trip as the one I used over the summer had disappeared. Similarly, the French TAC app had lost my certificate and I had to scan a new copy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That sounds like a nightmare. Haven’t had any issues myself, but know of others who have had Covid and the NHS app has shown a “Covid recovery” status, which is acceptable for the French PS for 6 months
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Ghanny, me too. And a friend of mine. We both got Covid Recovery passes in lieu of our vaccine cert, but now my recovery pass has been removed too so I’m getting an orange box saying no Covid records found.

What an absolute poo-poo show. I’m not sure how this works for you, but in Wales there is a number you can call and they’ll send you out a hologram certificate of your vaccination details etc.

That’ll work at the border, but as a Pass Sanitaire… it doesn’t have a QR code.

I’m a loss.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Ghanny, how long ago did you recover btw? My recovery cert (before they took that away from me too) showed up like 14/15 days after my first test.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The more people contact them about this the better. For most people it is not a problem as they aren't used for anything in England so it doesn't get highlighted.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Today is my first day out of quarantine. Person from test and trace said it would go back to normal midnight last night. No surprise it hasn’t.

Problem is we supposed to fly tomorrow. Going to take a lft now and upload the result. Hopefully that will force it to change assuming it’s negative. Rubbish rubbish that there is no clear advice on what happens to the nhs pass when you get Covid.

Even the message is confusing and wrong - no Covid records found. Should say you have Covid.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It’s a terrible state of affairs. Zero guidance, zero support, zero anything.

LFT seems to be your only option. I’m supposed to be heading out to France next week to do some bits and bobs, but no idea how I’m gonna get over aside from LFT. My concern being the return, as I’m no longer vaccinated (yeah, I know right?), I’d have to quarantine when I get back.

Joke.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Ghanny, to get to Italy you need a fit to fly certified lateral flow test. I got mine from expresstest drive through ( I would recommend one that you can visit and get the result right away). You cannot do the NHS LFT yourself and use that. It has to be one that is certified . And you need your passport when you go for the test.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I know. I’m getting one today from boots. But don’t you need the NHS pass to show double vaccinated or you have to quarantine in Italy, can’t go restaurants etc?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Ghanny, Can you let me know how you get on at boots. I had one booked in-store and the small print said if it didn't work you would get a voucher and need to rebook. So I cancelled and went with expresstest who check the control works. If boots check the control band before you leave it would be good to know for future tests.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Ghanny, for Italy you need proof of vaccination or quarantine for 5 days.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know. That’s the problem. I’m double jabbed but my proof of vaccine on the nhs app has gone since I got covid.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ghanny, worth contacting your MP?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So after numerous calls to 119 I finally got some clarity from this and it’s not good news.

It seems that the date your Covid pass comes back is related to the date you received a positive PCR test. Not the same date as when your self isolation period finishes or related to your positive LF test.

If you are not vaccinated it’s 10 days after your positive PCR test.

If you are vaccinated it’s 14 days after your positive PCR test.

As per their e mail

“The difference in the above time periods is to allow time for the vaccination data records to traverse the system securely and appropriately.”

So that’s my family’s Italy trip snookered.
snow conditions
Don't suppose you happened to have a screenshot of your pass before you got infected, did you?
ski holidays
Not one in date unfortunately. They only last a month I think.
snow report
Just wondering if it will work if you uploaded that to the Italian pass?
ski holidays
Although you probably need to show the pass at the gate in order to be allowed into Italy. Ah balls. What a nightmare.
ski holidays
Frustrating thing is there seems no logic in the period being longer if you are double jabbed. This is what us screwing us.
snow report
Sorry to hear its not going to work out for you.

Ghanny wrote:
It seems that the date your Covid pass comes back is related to the date you received a positive PCR test.
…..
If you are not vaccinated it’s 10 days after your positive PCR test.

If you are vaccinated it’s 14 days after your positive PCR test.

As per their e mail

“The difference in the above time periods is to allow time for the vaccination data records to traverse the system securely and appropriately.”

Not that it’s overly relevant but I don’t get what Covid passport you get back if you haven’t been vaccinated? Is that a recovery from Covid certification?
snow report
It is yes.
ski holidays
Ghanny wrote:
Frustrating thing is there seems no logic in the period being longer if you are double jabbed. This is what us screwing us.

Yes, seems crazy! Will your positive PCR test date notification not be sufficient to show prior infection and recovery?
latest report
The problem is I don’t think it’s just a case of showing stuff. They just want the QR code. Which we can’t get in time.
ski holidays
@Ghanny, this sucks big time. Im going to give 119 a call to try to understand what the hell has happened in my case, as I should now have a Recovery Cert and Vax Cert according to what they told you. I did have recovery, now I have neither. Maybe I’ve upset someone at NHS Digital Puzzled

However, some people on this forum have said that expired QR codes load into TousAntiCovid… not sure if they’ll validate in Italy or not, but you could download the Italian verifier on another device and give it a go. I’ve certainly just used the TAC app at the EU border. Might be worth a try.
ski holidays
@Ghanny, Ok, so just as an experiment I downloaded the TousAntiCovid app on my iPad (never had TAC installed before) and I uploaded a long expired NHS vaccine QR Code which it accepted but said “Expired” next to it. Ignoring the expired, I clicked on the certificate to make it full screen (which then doesn’t show ‘Expired’) Then I downloaded VerificaC19. Scanned the code I just added to TAC and it’s valid… Eh oh! Eh oh!

Got to be worth a shot, if you’ve got an old expired QR code lying about.
latest report
Tried it through TAC and the Italian app but no dice. I’m not totally devastated as still recovering from covid myself. We can get 50% of the air bnb back.
snow conditions
So I guess the takeaways are:

1. When you get covid if you register a positive PCR you lose your nhs covid pass.

2. If you are fully jabbed it doesn’t come back until the 15th day after the date of your Positive PCR test. (So they say).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ghanny, so they say. I think as soon as the issues become widely known, far fewer people will PCR confirm, just get lat flows. Maybe that's the plan...
snow report
just experimented loading the QR to various apps.

Scanned from laptop screen.

Italian: VerifacC19. Code accepted, and got a green tick. However, when I closed the app and re opened it, it asked to scan again.
Looks like I might have the wrong app, just a reader, not the passport?

Swiss: Scanned ok. but says invalid signature. Expected this due to earlier comments. Couldn't see where to proceed.

France: scanned ok, got a green tick, but tells me the app has been deactivated. When I press to activate, it tells me "bluetooth activation failed".

Suggestions?

Edit. now found the Italy Green Pass. uploaded and working. Smile
ski holidays
Quote:

Suggestions?

A microchip implant. Far more convenient. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

Suggestions?

A microchip implant. Far more convenient. Madeye-Smiley

Surely already vaccinated so already has that.
ski holidays
@brianatab, is that with an expired QR code?
latest report
@Ghanny, No, only downloaded it yesterday.
snow report
brianatab wrote:
@Ghanny, No, only downloaded it yesterday.

So not really relevant to @Ghanny,s issue.
latest report
Have you tried getting a letter of vaccination/had Covid from your doctor?

On a selfish note, please can anyone clarify which Green App is officially used for Italy.

I’m in a different dilemma.... took part in the Novavax trial to try and help the situation. Novavax works but isn’t approved. The Uk are recognising it so I have an NHS pass but it’s states Novavax. Italy don’t accept Novavax, even though I am fully vaccinated.

Just thought I might try to see if my covid pass allows me to get a green tick on the Italy pass? I’m meant to be going to selva on dec 11
latest report
@brianatab, the “deactivated” bit on the TAC app is the track and trace function. It’s not needed (as far as I can tell) for the PS QR code, scroll down a bit to “Health Pass” and it click on the mini QR code, and your PS should be there.

Or alternatively turn on the Bluetooth tracking
latest report
@Ghanny, I hope you can get your trip sorted somehow.

I’m in the same boat (though have a couple of weeks more time) - do you know if they count from your test date (ie swabbing) or result (a day or two later with a home test)?
snow report
I’ve cancelled my trip unfortunately.

This is from the message the NHS sent me.

“There are technical rules within the digital NHS COVID Pass that mean that anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 will be unable to access their digital domestic and travel COVID Pass for 14 days following the date of a positive test result.

This time frame is not impacted by the self-isolation period determined by NHS Test & Trace. We are reviewing the technical rules that govern the removal of access for those individuals who subsequently test positive for COVID-19 again.”

This can not be overruled unfortunately
ski holidays
@JohnDory, I find it strange that being part of a trial prevents entry but it does unfortunately.

It is too late to get accelerated Pfizer or other double dose because you need 6-8 weeks + 14 days after second Jag.

However the single dose Janssen is accepted by the EU and is approved for vaccination in the UK.

So I would go for that ASAP.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy