Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
Pierresel wrote:
Think there’s one in the Leclerc Champfleury Reims- good place to fill up as well

Thanks, I'll give it a try!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RichieC43 wrote:
@Rookiescot - If you dont mind me asking, was your 12 yr old just a regular drop-in for 2nd doseor eligible for another reason? I have a 12, 14 and 16 yr old all ready for 2nd dose but not currently offered in my health board area. Ingliston isnt the end of the world though

Rookiescot wrote:
Jonny996 wrote:
@haveagoskiers, unfortunately your not out the woods yet, you’re soon going to be the problem as the booster doesn’t show on the Scottish app

Can’t thank you enough for the information you posted - just had my 12 yr old second jabbed at ingliston. They were a bit unhappy he was 2 days early but allowed it with a bit persuasion. What a relief.
Also booster should show if you refresh the nhs Scotland app or reinstall.

My 14 year old was just a regular, see my post about new drop in in Edinburgh, gap reduced to 8 weeks
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jonny996, spotted that cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pierresel wrote:
Think there’s one in the Leclerc Champfleury Reims- good place to fill up as well

Super convenient and cheap fuel - but watch the roundabout to get back on to the toll road - we hve stopped there on our summer and winter drive down for the last 12 or so years and i get it wrong every single time!!! always end up heading into the centre of Reims rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The E Léclerc at Reims-Champfleury is on the A4 at Jct.23, 270 kms from Calais.

Getting back on the autoroute: When you exit the superstore, especially from the petrol station, you're faced with this view (below), which can be misleading and catch you out. It looks like what's up ahead is the final exit roundabout, and the centre lane is oncoming. But it's not, the centre lane returns you to the roundabout to the Autoroute, the right lane turns right and takes you into Reims. But for some reason, it feels just wrong to jump over to the middle lane. Also be aware traffic may be behind you in the middle lane, in your blind spot, so get you passenger to help you here. If you get it wrong and take the Reims road to the right, you don't have to go far to do a 360 back at the next roundabout, it's just annoying.

https://goo.gl/maps/MUsm1CPVbwA2

From the photo', they're doing major work at this junction, so just be aware that the layout is clearly going to be a bit different. But I think the confusion will still exist for those unfamiliar with it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
RichieC43 wrote:
@Rookiescot - If you dont mind me asking, was your 12 yr old just a regular drop-in for 2nd doseor eligible for another reason? I have a 12, 14 and 16 yr old all ready for 2nd dose but not currently offered in my health board area. Ingliston isnt the end of the world though

Rookiescot wrote:
Jonny996 wrote:
@haveagoskiers, unfortunately your not out the woods yet, you’re soon going to be the problem as the booster doesn’t show on the Scottish app

Can’t thank you enough for the information you posted - just had my 12 yr old second jabbed at ingliston. They were a bit unhappy he was 2 days early but allowed it with a bit persuasion. What a relief.
Also booster should show if you refresh the nhs Scotland app or reinstall.

Hi he was just a regular, no special conditions - we drove down from Angus and they did not have any issue with us being from a different Health Board. I had phoned and emailed Tayside prior to this with no success. We arrived at 8.40am on Sunday morning and it took 90mins so bring snacks and drinks!
Would be worth trying your luck in person at a local drop clinic though, especially if it’s been 12 weeks.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone have an email of a pharmacy that is issuing heath passes for those who have had one vaccine and recovered from Covid please?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have just managed to get through to the pharmacy in La Plagne and they told me they could issue the health pass for everyone except the British, because of Brexit? Thought I'd found a pharmacy earlier that was doing health passes down the valley but they have been told from above to stop.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Trevskii wrote:
Can anyone recommend a convenient (to the A26) pharmacy between Calais and Troyes, preferably nearer the Calais end, for testing a 15yo between arriving by car in France and getting to an overnight hotel/guesthouse, which I assume will demand his Pass Sanitaire?

We have managed to book daily tests in Val Thorens and are taking NHS tests as a backup in case they run out of tests - whether French health officials would accept the witnessing of NHS tests I don't know, but worth a try

55euros for a LFT in VT ! thats ridiculous !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does anyone know if the nhs covid pass letter for 12-15 year olds comes with a qr code that us compatible with the pass sanitaire? Or is it going to be a trip to the pharmacy for a conversion? Seems its hoop after hoop for the teens to ski! Going to VT on the 27th, hope everyone gets sorted with what they need!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
my understanding is that the letter includes the QR code for travel, which should work for pass sanitaire purposes. But only applied today (and still waiting for 2nd doses given yesterday to show on the linked GP records...)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fingers crossed it works for pass sanitaire. My daughters 2nd dose appeared on linked profile the evening after she had had the jab. Hope it works as quickly for you.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@GillB, I think you still have to take this to the pharmacy to obtain the pass sanitaire. As far as I know we have to present our vaccination records / bar codes along with our passports to the pharmacy to get the pass sanitaire once we turn up in resort.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Trevskii wrote:
Can anyone recommend a convenient (to the A26) pharmacy between Calais and Troyes, preferably nearer the Calais end, for testing a 15yo between arriving by car in France and getting to an overnight hotel/guesthouse, which I assume will demand his Pass Sanitaire?

We have managed to book daily tests in Val Thorens and are taking NHS tests as a backup in case they run out of tests - whether French health officials would accept the witnessing of NHS tests I don't know, but worth a try

You might want to check with your hotel, but many don't need a Pass sanitaire to access the room or breakfast (our B&B Hotel says this), you only need the pass to get into the restaurant (if it has one). We are getting round this by giving the kids McDonald's!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
beenative wrote:
@GillB, I think you still have to take this to the pharmacy to obtain the pass sanitaire. As far as I know we have to present our vaccination records / bar codes along with our passports to the pharmacy to get the pass sanitaire once we turn up in resort.

Thought that might be the case. Thanks.
snow report
GillB wrote:
Does anyone know if the nhs covid pass letter for 12-15 year olds comes with a qr code that us compatible with the pass sanitaire? Or is it going to be a trip to the pharmacy for a conversion? Seems its hoop after hoop for the teens to ski! Going to VT on the 27th, hope everyone gets sorted with what they need!

Government press release on covid pass letter

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/nhs-covid-pass-for-12-15-year-olds-for-international-travel?s=09

Sorry can't manage to do the linknon my phone

Seems to say that the letter will include 2D (QR) barcodes...
ski holidays
@Joyceycat
That would save a lot of hassle in resort! We wait with baited breath!
ski holidays
Mine will probably arrive after we leave for France on Friday Shocked
latest report
I'm guessing that single jabbed and recovered won't mean fully vaccinated and therefore won't be entitled to a covid pass.
snow report
@Joyceycat, should make a huge difference to half term (Omicron permitting ) when more will have been fully vaccinated.
snow report
Apologies if this has already been asked and answered - I have read some but not all of the thread!

15 year old daughter, single jab, had covid and came out of isolation on 9 Dec.

Her NHS app doesn't work, no access to anything on it

Contacted GP today, they amended settings to allow access but hadn't heard of anything to do with "proof of recovery" and frankly and understandably weren't that interested!

So, how do we get "proof of recovery" to gain the pass sanitaire to ride the lifts etc?

I think we may have two issues - firstly the app not working, secondly as I had covid at the same time, not sure I entered her positive PCR anywhere and this record may not exist.

Anybody got any experience of this, please?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 13-12-21 21:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Slight correction - the app just says she has to be 16 to access the covid pass - which she can't have cos only single jabbed...
ski holidays
Joyceycat wrote:
Trevskii wrote:

You might want to check with your hotel, but many don't need a Pass sanitaire to access the room or breakfast (our B&B Hotel says this), you only need the pass to get into the restaurant (if it has one). We are getting round this by giving the kids McDonald's!

@Joyceycat, @pbsmith, thanks for the extra advice and info - I will investigate and report back with anything that might help others.

@backhojo, yes, I have had a rant on here previously re the need for and the cost of daily testing for singled jabbed 12-15's! At this stage, we have no choice...
latest report
No mention of proof of recovery in that gov press release, so I suspect it's a half baked incomplete job once again. I'm frustrated at my own cycnicism and I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but given it only talks about fully vaccinated I suspect that's all it will be. "Recovered" status would help so many more teens in the interim period given so many are not yet double jabbed, yet so many have already had it given the speed it riffled around during Autumn term.

Adults get proof of recovery (with positive tests appearing) so why are 12-15 year olds not being given the same status in the pass ? They are afterall expected to follow the same rules as adults wrt to isolation when positive etc, and regarding to taking recommended vaccines.
snow report
Trevskii wrote:
Joyceycat wrote:
Trevskii wrote:

@Joyceycat, @pbsmith, thanks for the extra advice and info - I will investigate and report back with anything that might help others.

@backhojo, yes, I have had a rant on here previously re the need for and the cost of daily testing for singled jabbed 12-15's! At this stage, we have no choice...

morzine are being sensible with it at 25euros. ideally we want to go there but we have complicated things by trying to hook up with our other son (adult, double jabbed with full covid pass) who will be in val d'isere the week before. getting from val to morzine without a car is a headache !
ski holidays
backhojo wrote:
Trevskii wrote:
Joyceycat wrote:
Trevskii wrote:

morzine are being sensible with it at 25euros. ideally we want to go there but we have complicated things by trying to hook up with our other son (adult, double jabbed with full covid pass) who will be in val d'isere the week before. getting from val to morzine without a car is a headache !

At 25 euros per day it works out similar to getting a private certificate but more hassle, however, guess there's a risk the private certificate isn't accepted?

Wish I'd never booked a bleedin' holiday now but at the time we were meeting all requirements!! That said - the snow!!
snow report
i have had anecdotal evidence that in the 3V they are accepting the C19testing certificate (which has a QR code) at the lifts. it def doesnt work with the TAC app but people are just showing the paper certificate. this came from a british chalet operator who lives in resort and is there now. also apparently they are not checking anything at all in courcheval !
latest report
So, I have now got a printed copy of her positive PCR result from our GP. Obviously this is not going to work at a lift station but would a pharmacy in Morzine be able to set it up on the French app as a QR code somehow??
Clutching at straws here!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ski Tyke, email the Grand Pharmacie in Morzine, they are really helpful. https://www.pharmaciemorzine.fr/
snow report
@Ski Tyke,

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/procedure-for-non-european-nationals-to-obtain-a-valid-covid-certificate-in/

In theory no as according to the rules the health equivalency pass is only issued against full vaccination and not recovery. Also in theory, you can't get it if travelling from UK as the NHS covid pass is EU compliant so you are expected to use that.

That said if you look up earlier in this thread there has been talk of some pharmacies in France agreeing to set up the health equivalency pass for teens who are recovered and have had 1 jab.
ski holidays
trmacc wrote:
@Ski Tyke, email the Grand Pharmacie in Morzine, they are really helpful. https://www.pharmaciemorzine.fr/

Thanks - email gone!
ski holidays
Anyone thinking of skiing in Austria with 12-15 yr olds needs to be aware of the below:

gemäß der 6. COVID-16-Schutzmaßnahmenverordnung, idF BGBl. II Nr. 537/2021, sind Corona-Testpässe schulpflichtiger Kinder (zwischen 12 und 15 Jahren) einem 2G-Nachweis gleichgestellt. Dies gillt ebenso für Testpässe ausländischer Schulen, solange diese Testpässe gleichartige Tests und Testintervalle gemäß § 4 der COVID-19-Schulverordnung 2021/22 aufweisen. Wir dürfen Sie jedoch darauf hinweisen, dass die derzeit geltende Verordnung bis 21.12.2021 in Kraft ist und bitten Sie daher, sich zeitnah erneut über geltende Regelungen zu informieren.

Which is basically saying the rules change from 21 December but we don't know how! Until then we won't know if current testing regime will continue to allow their skiing and entry to restaurants etc

Not very helpful for those of us looking for a last minute self-drive trip to Austria! Shocked
snow report
Gazzza wrote:
@Ski Tyke,

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/procedure-for-non-european-nationals-to-obtain-a-valid-covid-certificate-in/

In theory no as according to the rules the health equivalency pass is only issued against full vaccination and not recovery. Also in theory, you can't get it if travelling from UK as the NHS covid pass is EU compliant so you are expected to use that.

That said if you look up earlier in this thread there has been talk of some pharmacies in France agreeing to set up the health equivalency pass for teens who are recovered and have had 1 jab.

@Gazza - You say full vaccination but on the link you providethe word full is missing - it says

……If you have been vaccinated with a vaccine which is accepted by the European Medicines Agency or an equivalent for over:
4 weeks if you received a single-dose injection (Johnson&Johnson);
7 days after the second injection for two-dose vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca);
7 days after the injection if you have recovered from COVID-19 (in this case, only one vaccine dose is necessary);
……

So if you have recovered, in this case only ONE vaccine dose is required!

Surely this is the smoking gun? Just need a pharmacy who will sign up to this?
latest report
@Snowsartre, what it actually says is that they have just agreed equivalence for PCR tested children as they do for Austrian children with the Ninja pass which is controlled by schools. The current agreement is that outside of school term times tests can be carried out elsewhere, pharmacies etc. The regulation has an end date because all of these regulations do, at this point in time the regulation will be extended and may allow testing foreign children during term time too.
Here in Tirol hotels are being supplied with gargle tests which are self administered PCR tests, you carry out the test then drop it at the Spar supermarket before 10 am. The results are returned via email within 24 hours.
ski holidays
@lazyskier, good spot you are right - recovery plus one dose is fine. You just have to overcome the hurdle that it says not for visitors from the UK - as I say I think some snowheads have had success with pharmacies in Val D'Isere and Courchevel, so I guess its a case of finding a friend pharmacy who is sympathetic.

@Chris_n & @Snowsartre, Re. that Austria change I assume that is just for children who can't qualify under 2G and need the testing as a solution. I assume (hope) even after 21 Dec kids who have a recovery certificate (or the one's who've been able to get double jabbed) will continue to be unaffected with their existing 2G proof ?
ski holidays
Trevskii wrote:
Joyceycat wrote:
Trevskii wrote:

If this hasn't been posted already, it's a dynamic map of all testing centres in France https://www.sante.fr/cf/carte-depistage-covid.html courtesy of the Eurotunnel website. Useful for those of us with 12-15yo that might need to test on route. I am still to find out if my overnight stop in Troyes wants to see a French taken test and Pass Sanitaire for my 15yo, despite him having tested negative (we hope) within the previous 24 hours to get into France
snow conditions
Gazzza wrote:

@Chris_n & @Snowsartre, Re. that Austria change I assume that is just for children who can't qualify under 2G and need the testing as a solution. I assume (hope) even after 21 Dec kids who have a recovery certificate (or the one's who've been able to get double jabbed) will continue to be unaffected with their existing 2G proof ?

There will be no change for kids that already qualify under existing 2G rules, that would mean a change for everyone so not going to happen. I will just caveat that with subject to Omicron.
latest report
backhojo wrote:
i have had anecdotal evidence that in the 3V they are accepting the C19testing certificate (which has a QR code) at the lifts. it def doesnt work with the TAC app but people are just showing the paper certificate. this came from a british chalet operator who lives in resort and is there now. also apparently they are not checking anything at all in courcheval !

If this is true then I love you
latest report
Did the 120 mile round trip to Edinburgh after school just now and got my other son his second vaccine at exactly 12 weeks - thanks for the heads up about them doing dropins for the 12-15 year olds. I had phoned NHS Tayside earlier today and they are still not offering or gave any timescale.

So if all goes to plan we go a week today so the 'Pass Sanitaire should show him as fully vaccinated - will need to check the Swiss element of that. Off to book our tests and carpark. Feeling much more positive now (not Covid positive).
latest report
Jonny996 wrote:

My 14 year old was just a regular, see my post about new drop in in Edinburgh, gap reduced to 8 weeks

Took my 15 year old to the Livingston drop in this morning and they refused to give him his second as he's only 9 weeks after the first. I pleaded that Ingliston are applying an 8 week gap but they wouldn't budge and said "its the rules"

Hey ho - we go next week and that'll be daily tests and another £150 rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy