Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
I’m increasingly thinking that we should be fine even without a QR code. After all, travellers from outside Europe won’t have this code either. So long as we have some sort of proof!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Tiefschneetaucher, for Austria the rules are certification in English or German. There is no requirement for a QR code. When I got my season card I gave the lady my vaccination certificate and she worked the dates out from that, she did not scan the QR code. Others that had bought cards online had to upload their proof online. In ski huts before lockdown the girl was looking at all sorts of cards, bits of paper and apps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is an email response from
NH Tayside vaccination teams. Unhelpful.
Still planning to try drop in next week once the 12 weeks is up.

· 12-15 not in COVID at-risk groups or CEV 1st and 2nd dose (from 12 wks after 1st dose) - Appointment route for 2nd dose to be determined *NOT YET INVITED FOR 2nd DOSE, DO NOT GIVE 2nd DOSE*
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rookiescot, when I called 0300 790 6296 (that may be just for Lothians) I was told that my lad would not be getting invited yet even thou his 12 weeks are up on 13th Dec & if I wanted to book it would be some 4-6 weeks away BUT if I wanted to go to a mass walk in center they would do it from the 13th no problem.
The lady was very helpful in pointing that out, so rather than waiting I am taking the matter into my own hands.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonny996 wrote:
@Rookiescot, when I called 0300 790 6296 (that may be just for Lothians) I was told that my lad would not be getting invited yet even thou his 12 weeks are up on 13th Dec & if I wanted to book it would be some 4-6 weeks away BUT if I wanted to go to a mass walk in center they would do it from the 13th no problem.
The lady was very helpful in pointing that out, so rather than waiting I am taking the matter into my own hands.

Thanks, that’s really helpful to know - I’ll definitely try walk in in Dundee and failing that, Edinburgh as well… it’s frustrating that the roll out is so slow, boosters also not showing on Scottish Covid passports despite the promised date today.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Has anyone found an at home testing kit eg Chronomics etc that works with the pass sanitare to upload the QR code? C19 testing specifically says on its website that it doesn’t work, are there any that do?

@Renside, No, The only tests that will generate a QR code that can be used for a pass sanitaire for unvaccinated (or those considered unvaccinated - e.g. UK 12-15yo) are the ones you have to do in person, supervised, in a pharmacy or testing centre, in France. No tests bought in the UK will do that. c19 (et al) tests are just for travel docs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NHS Tayside just posted this twitter a few minutes ago

16-17s can now get a 2nd dose 12 weeks after their 1st.

Visit https://t.co/O9nsfR6iYm or call 0800 030 8013 to book.

12-15s will be offered a 2nd dose in the coming weeks (minimum of 12 weeks since 1st). Further information will follow on when and how you can book appointments. https://t.co/C6JgWUi3pp

So looks like next week out for Tayside - trip to Ingilston I think for us.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@haveagoskiers, i am going on Monday, exactly 12 weeks after 20th September (first date 12-15 year old's where allowed), I will report back
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonny996 Thanks a Monday update would be great. We'd have to go on Tuesday (our 12week) and 1 week before travel. When are you travelling?
My other son got his second on Sunday so going to check which day it shows as valid on French app.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
we are not off until 26th, so small window available.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Joceycat

I have a double jabbed 15 year old too but no acceptable proof (I have the cards, and the linked profile in my NHS app but no QR codes) Staying in La PLagne - have you heard anything back from the tourist board about daily antigen testing OR about gettign some kind of equivalence certificate?

Thanks

Joyceycat wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:
I've just emailed the Montgenevre tourist board the above link enquiring if they will be offering a similar service.

Fingers crossed.

Well Montgenevre tourist board have got back.

They haven’t even got facilities to do daily testing organised yet, let alone issuing equivalence certificates Shocked

They seem to be banking on UKGOV issuing covid passes for 12-15 in time. Confused

Ha - what's French for "don't hold your breath!"

Its frustrating that each resort is sorting our testing differently - Morzine seem to have gone above and beyond, and Montgenevre (and others) doing diddly squat - Grrr.
Its good that they are trying to help in some places (but in others not at all..) - I suppose it depends on how aware and switched on the Mairie/Lift company are - I suppose equally frustrating for them as the UK children 1 dose/lack of proof issue is nothing to do with them and the 24 hour testing rule may have been French political knee jerk to encourage vaccination which isn't helpful for tourists....deep sigh.
I'm hoping for some information from the testing plans at Plagne Centre - still waiting...

Time to poke my MP's PA again today - they might need something to take their minds off the Christmas Party debacle....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@CarolineBB, contact the pharmacy in La Plagne. They might be able to convert your teenager’s record into a pass Sanitaire. I am staying in Val D and they are able to do this. The pharmacist said she would take the proof from the NHS app (when you show a linked profile)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ma94jcg, Can you confirm what you had to do please? We're going to be staying in Tignes but could pick up this pass for my 15yr old on the way there. He's had one vaccine and covid in the last 180 days. The only proof I have is info from the NHS app, an email from the NHS saying he had covid and the batch number of his vaccination.

Have you used this pass on the lifts etc?

Thanks -
Jo
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jolo, not yet. Hoping to get my 2 teenage boys their 2nd vaccine on Sunday. Pharmacist in Val D said she would be able to provide a pass Sanitaire for them once I had the proof from the NHS app. I’m also going to get a letter from my GP confirming the vaccine schedule for my boys
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Suggest you contact the pharmacy in tignes (but Val d is a good backup as so close)
snow report
Hate to post bad news but

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/covid-travel-news-restrictions-update-red-list-advice/

Says a shortage of in resort tests threatens chaos
latest report
I’m not sure there’s much news in that - just a “what if they don’t have the capacity in they future” and somehow combined it with the fact lots of people are taking kits form the U.K. to return as it’s easier and frankly less rigorous. I know Morzine have tripled current capacity and have said they’ll move to the sports centre if they have to. The resorts want people to be there, I feel sure they’ll sort tests for the teenagers who need them.
snow report
Have seen lots of comments about info on the NHS app. Is in the teens app or via a linked profile?

We have the NHS app on my 14 year olds phone but despite one trip with ID and a follow up phone call to the surgery we still can't see any of her medical information on there. I am wondering if we would be better getting a linked profile.

Only 1 vaccination currently, but waiting on a PCR back for her as I have Covid now! So we may just get in with a recovery certificate! Cutting it really fine, go on 26th!

If anyone can advise on the app ould be grateful. Thank you
ski holidays
I haven’t tried any of it myself as my teen hasn’t had Covid (though single jabbed) but I have a friend who’s been more successful with the linked profile. Fingers crossed for you! (Not that I’m wishing Covid on anyone)
latest report
@BoardieK, I saw that and thought this would happen, which is why we binned our trip next week. Am now looking at webcams and nearly went myself sans famillie.
Uk families with 12-15 children are a niche market and I couldn't see the French busting a gut to lay on testing because of the UKs vaccination policy.
snow conditions
jolo wrote:
@ma94jcg, Can you confirm what you had to do please? We're going to be staying in Tignes but could pick up this pass for my 15yr old on the way there. He's had one vaccine and covid in the last 180 days. The only proof I have is info from the NHS app, an email from the NHS saying he had covid and the batch number of his vaccination.

Have you used this pass on the lifts etc?

Thanks -
Jo

We're going to Tignes and are getting a pass from this place https://www.facebook.com/Pharmacie-du-Lac-de-Tignes-Savoie-104725278541326
you just need to email them with the info - copy of vaccination card, text from NHS and photo of passport - and they will have it ready for you when you arrive. Apparently - I haven't collected it yet!
ski holidays
@CArolineBB and anyone else going to La Plagne...I had to email the La Plagne tourist office in a strop on Wednesday when they updated their covid testing information to split the testing into Profile 1 (for symptomatic or close contacts) and Profile 2 (for pass sanitaire) and showed that there was no Profile 2 testing on the Champagny side of the mountain (where we will be) - we would have had to drive to Plagne Centre or Montchavin - a 2 hour round trip!! Anyway they have updated their testing info to show Profile 2 in Bozel and Pralognan so, that is sorted.

But ideally we would prefer an equivalence as my daughter is double jabbed, so in my thank you reply email to them just now I asked (again - for the 3rd time) if they knew of any pharmacy that will give an equivalence to British double jabbed or single jabbed with a recovery. I have told them that there is a pharmacy in Val d'Isere which apparently will do one (and I see now in Tignes) - but knowing that there is one in La Plagne would be more convenient for British families who meet the criteria. Will see if I get a response and let you know.

We are supposedly getting an equivalence done in Courchevel (I have an email confirming this!), but they have since told others they can't do them, so I am expecting to be told they won't, and am looking for a Plan B (pharmacy in Tignes) and C (pharmacy in Val d'Isere), before applying Plan D (daily testing). We will happily drive 90 mins to get an equivalence in Val or Tignes if it means we won't have to test daily (and an excuse to ski in another resort for the day once there!)

I'm interested to hear about some of you getting access to linked profile medical records for you children on the NHS App. I have a linked profile for my daughter, but the GP surgery were extremely firm that we could not have access to her GP records (so I have a big red cross on that bit in the linked profile on the NHS App - just can make appointments and get repeat meds). How did you manage to get access to the medical records bit of the linked profile? We only have a print our of her 2 covid vaccinations as proof, but it has name DOB, Address etc and all the batch numbers, location of jab, so am hoping this will be OK to get an equivalence.

I do wonder if the resorts have fully grasped the 24 hour testing issue yet (as the season is only just starting)- having to make an appointment for a test every day for every child who needs one is quite a pain for the families (and some of the online booking systems seem to need a French address or insurance reference number), but more convenient for the testing providers. And what happens when there are no more appointments each day? The "test every 24 hours" thing is a French requirement, so they need to provide a way to offer for their "guests" to meet it, else UK children (and their families) will not be able to use their services. Time will tell I suppose.

Apologies for waffling on...I wasn't really much help answering your question @CarolineBB , sorry!
ski holidays
https://nhs-digital.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4413279637265-How-can-12-15-year-olds-obtain-a-NHS-COVID-Pass-letter-?fbclid=IwAR2p5uSpSVzSPlPlv3g5LhjgamwgbM6SZdDKso1zcNvdwy0E5UE3iG5ASpw
ski holidays
stefoy4me wrote:
https://nhs-digital.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4413279637265-How-can-12-15-year-olds-obtain-a-NHS-COVID-Pass-letter-?fbclid=IwAR2p5uSpSVzSPlPlv3g5LhjgamwgbM6SZdDKso1zcNvdwy0E5UE3iG5ASpw

Smashing - thanks for the.link - that's good news if the letter comes QR code
snow conditions
Quick qu probably already answered.

For second Pfizer jab who long before pass sanitaire does it need to be?
UK say 2 weeks, France say 1 week for entry. What about for pass sanitaire?
Son going weds which will 11 days before. Is this ok?
latest report
Great news. Still don't think we will get a jab at 8 weeks, but hopefully will mean less people in the queue at La Plagne test centre so good all round for everyone.
latest report
@Rascalski, Thanks Eh oh!
snow report
Jonny996 wrote:
@haveagoskiers, i am going on Monday, exactly 12 weeks after 20th September (first date 12-15 year old's where allowed), I will report back

Ironically I forgot I was out at centre tonight for my booster, so I thought “what the hell” & I took the teen with me to chance my arm.
Yet again amazing staff, they seen the common sense & gave him his second.
I’m not sure how long it takes to show up on app but at least he’s got it
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonny996 wrote:
Jonny996 wrote:

Ironically I forgot I was out at centre tonight for my booster, so I thought “what the hell” & I took the teen with me to chance my arm.
Yet again amazing staff, they seen the common sense & gave him his second.
I’m not sure how long it takes to show up on app but at least he’s got it

Wow that’s absolutely fantastic! Well done! Nice to hear some positivity!
snow report
@Jonny996, congrats! One walk-in site told me they would do my 14-yr old at 11 weeks, which is, of course, 3 days after we leave for France...
latest report
@Joyceycat I understand the need to waffle! I feel like my brain is about to explode!

Re the app... the medical records were just there (and I took a screen grab straight away in case they disappear). I didn't do anything in particular, but without the QR code I'm guessing they won't be any help. There doesn't seem to be a pharmacy in La Plagne that can convert it into the pass - but if you hear back otherwsie that would be good to know.

Re La Plagne - I spoke to the Tourist Office this afternoon and they seemed confident that the walk in testing centre in La Plagne Centre would have capacity. There are no appointments and its open I think from 8am until 7pm.

I had to make a final payment today and I've just decided to go for it. I've also ordered two spare LFTs in case I drop one on the floor on the way home..... If it all goes wrong I will drink gin in my apartment and think about what might have been..... rolling eyes

Joyceycat wrote:
@CArolineBB and anyone else going to La Plagne...I had to email the La Plagne tourist office in a strop on Wednesday when they updated their covid testing information to split the testing into Profile 1 (for symptomatic or close contacts) and Profile 2 (for pass sanitaire) and showed that there was no Profile 2 testing on the Champagny side of the mountain (where we will be) - we would have had to drive to Plagne Centre or Montchavin - a 2 hour round trip!! Anyway they have updated their testing info to show Profile 2 in Bozel and Pralognan so, that is sorted.

But ideally we would prefer an equivalence as my daughter is double jabbed, so in my thank you reply email to them just now I asked (again - for the 3rd time) if they knew of any pharmacy that will give an equivalence to British double jabbed or single jabbed with a recovery. I have told them that there is a pharmacy in Val d'Isere which apparently will do one (and I see now in Tignes) - but knowing that there is one in La Plagne would be more convenient for British families who meet the criteria. Will see if I get a response and let you know.

We are supposedly getting an equivalence done in Courchevel (I have an email confirming this!), but they have since told others they can't do them, so I am expecting to be told they won't, and am looking for a Plan B (pharmacy in Tignes) and C (pharmacy in Val d'Isere), before applying Plan D (daily testing). We will happily drive 90 mins to get an equivalence in Val or Tignes if it means we won't have to test daily (and an excuse to ski in another resort for the day once there!)

I'm interested to hear about some of you getting access to linked profile medical records for you children on the NHS App. I have a linked profile for my daughter, but the GP surgery were extremely firm that we could not have access to her GP records (so I have a big red cross on that bit in the linked profile on the NHS App - just can make appointments and get repeat meds). How did you manage to get access to the medical records bit of the linked profile? We only have a print our of her 2 covid vaccinations as proof, but it has name DOB, Address etc and all the batch numbers, location of jab, so am hoping this will be OK to get an equivalence.

I do wonder if the resorts have fully grasped the 24 hour testing issue yet (as the season is only just starting)- having to make an appointment for a test every day for every child who needs one is quite a pain for the families (and some of the online booking systems seem to need a French address or insurance reference number), but more convenient for the testing providers. And what happens when there are no more appointments each day? The "test every 24 hours" thing is a French requirement, so they need to provide a way to offer for their "guests" to meet it, else UK children (and their families) will not be able to use their services. Time will tell I suppose.

Apologies for waffling on...I wasn't really much help answering your question @CarolineBB , sorry!
snow report
@Jonny996 awesome great news.
We'll definitely try on Tuesday.
snow conditions
Anybody have an experience of a 15 year old who has had, and recovered from, covid being able to use anything to demonstrate immunity and therefore not need a daily test? A recovery is equivalent to the vaccine for using lifts but not sure how it is evidenced.
latest report
alti - dude wrote:
Anybody have an experience of a 15 year old who has had, and recovered from, covid being able to use anything to demonstrate immunity and therefore not need a daily test? A recovery is equivalent to the vaccine for using lifts but not sure how it is evidenced.

I know this may not answer your question directly and I’d like to know the definitive answer myself but it does look like things are moving on the nhs side of things.

https://nhs-digital.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4413279849873-I-am-a-parent-guardian-to-a-12-15-year-old-Can-they-have-a-digital-COVID-Pass-if-they-are-on-my-NHS-App-by-proxy-

Simon Calder has tweeted about it a few minutes ago. https://twitter.com/SimonCalder/status/1469591247627202563?s=20
snow report
The trouble is the same NHS digital help desk has very clear answers to other questions saying that the new service is only for fully-vaccinated teens, NOT for proof of recovery (which would probably cover more people at this time), e.g. https://nhs-digital.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4413297732369-My-12-15-year-old-has-had-COVID-19-within-the-past-six-months-Can-they-use-the-NHS-COVID-Pass-letter-service-to-demonstrate-their-immunity-
snow report
We've just binned our Christmas holiday to La Plage on the basis of what's the worst could happen. Contract Covid on the first day and holiday is over. I'm not prepared to take the risk and still cant navigate the minefield of getting an unvaccinated teen onto the chair lifts every day.
snow report
Also just cancelled - second Christmas running. Selva with crystal.
Been an utter nightmare trying to keep up with all the rules and regs. Our daughter remains in limbo - and I do not want to take the risk… I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders frankly.
ski holidays
I’ve got three weeks off work and I’m ready to go pretty much anywhere…. If I can.
snow report
This seems to be affecting those with single vaxed teenagers. My local gym asks you wear masks entering the building to get to an exercise class where its masks off and everyone's blowing like an old steam train. I'd have more chance of catching it there than skiing.
I really feel for all those families in the same position, though call and I've stopped looking at the webcams, just torturous Happy
snow report
We’ve decided to go ahead… hope it’s not foolhardy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy