Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
@russ_e, yes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So I have just had the following response from the Sued Tirol website (we are off to Selva on 20th Dec)

thanks for your kind request and your interest in South Tyrol.

It is a pleasure for me to inform you that the vaccination certificate of your daughter will be valid as greenpass from the 15th day after the first vaccination. Your daughter will need a negative test of max. 48 hours to enter Italy and after that she doesn’t need to do any other test. If requested she can show the certification of the first vaccination.

I remain at your disposal for further information.

Now I do not want to be over confident - but to me this sounds like so long as my daughter has a piece of paper showing her vax record (which I have. single jab in September) she will be accepted into bars , restaurants , ski lifts...

Contact your GP and they should be able to print the vax record out.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
russ_e wrote:
As already mentioned isn't the simple answer is that single jabbed teenagers will most likely have to have tests in the resort every 72 hours?

This thread just seems to be going in circles....

Unfortunately that isn't a very good option for some people. For example, we are due to go about 6 weeks after my son has had an infection, and you're advised not to get further tests for 90 days (I think) after a positive PCR test because they can show false positives in that period. If that were to happen in resort it would be a bit of a nightmare, so we need to have a way of proving he doesn't/shouldn't need to do that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@shrew, I think that is just PCR tests. Lateral flows don't have the same false positive problem post infection.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Motherofthree wrote:
Is there anyone who knows what would happen if your teenager tests positive in the resort? Will they then have to quarantine for X amount of days?

Our government website is a bit vague but says "If you test positive for COVID-19, you may need to stay where you are until you test negative."

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/coronavirus
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I expect they will need to isolate in their accommodation.
You need to evaluate the risk and see what it means for you.

So impact of them testing positive is high, however what is the likelihood of it happening. For us, 1 x 14yr old, tested positive mid July and had the Jab at half term. Lots of her unvacaccinated friends have it currently and she is testing negative, so definitely low risk of her getting it again.

So for us the overall risk is low enough to go for it. Our insurance also covers us if she did get it, so all bases covered.

Counting down the days!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
russ_e wrote:
As already mentioned isn't the simple answer is that single jabbed teenagers will most likely have to have tests in the resort every 72 hours?

This thread just seems to be going in circles....

Yes, but its a pain in the back bottom when it's not required under the rules for those of us that have kids who have recovered from it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My biggest concern is the children getting Covid in school in the days immediately before the holiday and then testing positive in the 24 hours before departure test - which will mean the whole trip is canned. The chance of them testing positive on the holiday is minimal given the nature of what we are doing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Layne wrote:
My biggest concern is the children getting Covid in school in the days immediately before the holiday and then testing positive in the 24 hours before departure test - which will mean the whole trip is canned. The chance of them testing positive on the holiday is minimal given the nature of what we are doing.

This!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Surely we just leave them at home, and the rest go skiing ? Twisted Evil Very Happy snowHead

We've booked a PCR test day before we go for the child, she'll have to be excused from school for a "medical appointment"

Anyone booking tests, the airlines appear to have discount codes if you google
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
#Surely we just leave them at home, and the rest go skiing ? Twisted Evil Very Happy snowHead#

That is exactly what my husband said!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We are prohibited from going to Austria now that the rules there have changed, but my biggest concern before wasn't whether they would test positive pre-departure (at least you know, insurance covers it etc), but more what would happen if they tested positive in resort.

In Austria at least, even under old rules, you had to quarantine - presumably not always in a nice, hospitable Austrian guesthouse but rather somewhere that had availability at late notice during the Christmas period and wanted to put up a bunch of covid positive guests! It perhaps wouldn't have ben quite the festive holiday that everyone wanted!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Given the NHS Covid Travel passport codes are only valid for a month, should we only apply for the Pass Sanitaire within a month of departure / return, does anyone know? (Heading out on 18th Dec to Meribel).
How long does the Pas Sanitaire last?
Son is 17.5, had Covid in August (thanks Boardmasters Festival!!) and is single jabbed, so thinking of taking him to a walk-in this weekend for a second jab.
TIA!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I would just get the Tout Anti Covid App on your phone, you can upload your QR code showing your covid vaccine. Doesn't seem to have any expiry date of any kind.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Layne wrote:

This happened to our family. Travel insurance paid out on production of cancellation invoice/s and positive PCR. It was for some October sun though, “at least it’s not skiing” I said (for some reason rest of the family didn’t agree! snowHead ) we had booked with an agent this time though which did make it a bit easier.

It’s disappointing but better than never planning anything; I feel like the days have gone where you could be certain you were going anywhere!
snow conditions
Timmycb5 wrote:
@shrew, I think that is just PCR tests. Lateral flows don't have the same false positive problem post infection.

That's wrong on the current advice.

https://www.valeofyorkccg.nhs.uk/seecmsfile/?id=4912

"The clinical view is that during this 90 day window from a positive test, given the low rate of reinfection during this window, it is significantly more likely that a positive LFD test would be a false result, rather than someone being re-infected, causing people to isolate unnecessarily. Therefore we are now stopping the regular testing using LFD during this 90 day period. The individual should return to the regular LFD and PCR regime once 90 days has passed."
latest report
Announcement for Andorra coming after lunch according to RTVA - hope it doesn't put a spanner in the works....

https://twitter.com/rtvandorra/status/1461643581962264582
ski holidays
Hi.

I remain confused about single jabbed 12-15 year olds.

How do they get into another country and then stay out of quarantine?

My Gp has sent an email of the proof of vaccination (single)- and can do this on headed paper etc. We will do lateral flows.

But the Italian website does say that 12 years plusneed:
2 jabs
negative test
EPL

or m I just wrong? I really hope so. I'd happily do repeat tests in resort.
latest report
ed123 wrote:
Hi.

My Gp has sent an email of the proof of vaccination (single)- and can do this on headed paper etc. We will do lateral flows.

2 jabs
negative test
EPL

Advice I read some weeks back was that if travelling with fully vaccinated adults - teenagers are exempt from quarantine so long as they have a -ve test max 48 hours ahead of arrival plus passenger locator form.
Then in resort - they will need a local test every 48 hours (antigen lat flow) or 72 hours (pcr). These need to be done by an accredited test stattion - and the result gives you a code which can be used to generate the green pass.

But I agree - I do not see this stated on all the Italian advice sites and it does have me a little worried

- it is on this one though - http://www.italia.it/en/useful-info/covid-19-updates-information-for-tourists.html?fbclid=IwAR2qkwHWcOFD8QLJKXw1f23Cv6Jtz8_Fq2Fbh1zZpjAxXX0xQrP9ZUuOVIU
latest report
With Austria going into national lockdown, then still a lockdown for unvacc'd over 12's after that, hard to imagine the 'solution they are working on' for 12'-15s will be to allow them into the hotels, bars etc that Austrian children cant go into Eh oh! . I imagine that there wont be many wee ones on theAustrian slopes this year
snow report
sheffskibod wrote:
ed123 wrote:
Hi.

2 jabs
negative test
EPL

Advice I read some weeks back was that if travelling with fully vaccinated adults - teenagers are exempt from quarantine so long as they have a -ve test max 48 hours ahead of arrival plus passenger locator form.
Then in resort - they will need a local test every 48 hours (antigen lat flow) or 72 hours (pcr). These need to be done by an accredited test stattion - and the result gives you a code which can be used to generate the green pass.

But I agree - I do not see this stated on all the Italian advice sites and it does have me a little worried

- it is on this one though - http://www.italia.it/en/useful-info/covid-19-updates-information-for-tourists.html?fbclid=IwAR2qkwHWcOFD8QLJKXw1f23Cv6Jtz8_Fq2Fbh1zZpjAxXX0xQrP9ZUuOVIU

That website is very confusing isn’t it, however about a page down in there is a link https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/index_en.html - answer a few questions about which country you’re coming from, and it gives a definitive on entry requirements and how the green pass applies once there. I found it much clearer.

“ A certificate or a green pass to be used for the aforesaid purposes must show proof of either having received one dose of vaccine; or of a negative result of a molecular or antigenic test carried out in the previous 48 hours; or of having recovered from Covid-19 in the previous 6 months. Currently, according to the Italian Ministry of Health, equivalent certificates for national purposes are those issued by Health Authorities in certain Extra EU Countries, if they respond to all requirements set forth by the Italian Ministry of Health.
snow report
Thinking I may have to change my skiing holiday to France if Austria is in lockdown! With two double jabbed teenagers under 16, what was the advice re getting France to accept proof of being jabbed if we can’t get a QR code? I’m hoping I can get a letter from my GP, will that work for France? Thanks
snow report
It would be great if the government showed the same urgency for teenagers as they have for the 65+ in terms of modifying the NHS App to give the necessary proofs.
I know they can't get two jabs but there must be hundreds of thousands who are one jab + infected.
latest report
snowhound wrote:
It would be great if the government showed the same urgency for teenagers as they have for the 65+ in terms of modifying the NHS App to give the necessary proofs.
I know they can't get two jabs but there must be hundreds of thousands who are one jab + infected.

+1, it's infuriating!
snow report
shardoski wrote:
With Austria going into national lockdown, then still a lockdown for unvacc'd over 12's after that, hard to imagine the 'solution they are working on' for 12'-15s will be to allow them into the hotels, bars etc that Austrian children cant go into Eh oh! . I imagine that there wont be many wee ones on theAustrian slopes this year

I can't see any possible circumstance or need hat would allow UK 12 -15 year olds where Austrian children of the same age can't go. The rule in Austria that was in place prior to this lockdown was called 2G which does strictly mean vaccinated or recovered. However there is an exemption where children can comply without being vaccinated by virtue of the testing they have to have to go to school. This exemption is provided because children below 14 can't make their own decisions about whether to have the vaccine or not. As yet the regulation has not been released so we don't know what will happen with regard to compulsory vaccination for children but the current exemption will remain in place until February.
snow conditions
@Skimum1, Political priorities. If under 16s voted Conservative, you can bet they'd get it sorted. Can't believe it is an issue which has only gained main media traction in the last week or so.
ski holidays
Quite glad my 12 yr old had COVID at half term and recovered now. It seemed like a right pita at the time. She does now need to wait longer to get her 1 jab now but proof of recovery is as good in most places it seems.
snow report
@Thick As I think the next problem for you will be getting the.proof of recovery for under 16s - from what I understand you cant get this on the nhs until 16 years old. Hope I'm wrong Eh oh!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chris_n Thanks for your reply. We are all so desperate for our snow fix this year! Really hope this lockdown works for all you guys out there and the winter season gets to go ahead normalish after it Eh oh!
latest report
@Thick As, How do you get proof of recovery, pls? My 16 yr old also tested positive for Covid, back in the summer, but struggling to get proof... Thks!
ski holidays
We do have the positive pcr email for said child dated October. We will probably also get the form from the Austrian embassy and get the GP to sign that.
snow report
https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations
snow conditions
@Thick As, Please bear in mind that the information in that link is only for entry into Austria. It is not correct for 2G compliance to enter hotels, bars etc. The regulations for the announcement yesterday have not yet been released and do contain changes to the validity of vaccines.
ski holidays
A lot of 11 year olds will be banned regardless (10 year olds and 12 year olds mostly ok) even if they do adapt the rules. My grandson turns 12 the day before we travel. Virtually impossible to get a vaccination. Arriving in Austria he will be 12 so can't ski. It seems even with a relaxation to one jab, there will be a 30 day lag required, so anyone aged 11 and a half now won't be able to ski regardless
ski holidays
@Chris_n,
Indeed, keeping an eye on developments but we also have an email from Zell am see stating that :

a warm Welcome from Zell am See-Kaprun and thank you for your request. We are happy to hear that you are planning to spend your holiday in our beautiful region!

You are completely right in your assumption, that you 10 year old daughter doesn’t need anything, your 12 year old daughter just needs a medical confirmation of recovery, then there is no problem a all and you can enjoy your vacation here.

For further questions do not hesitate to contact us.
Also visit our website: www.zellamsee-kaprun.com

Best regards from Zell am See-Kaprun
Nikita Kröll
snow report
I also think she would pass for 11 in most cases Toofy Grin Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
I think that they will need passport proof of age? Also, I wonder if the recovery option will be withdrawn. If it's
the law that all Austrians must be vaccinated by 1 Feb, it would seem illogical for Brits to have lesser rules to visit?
ski holidays
16 year old qualifies for 2nd jab on 6th December - will he be classed as fully vaccinated (in Austria) on 19th December 2021? Our first ski day is due to be 20th December, if lockdown is lifted and we are allowed to travel. TIA
snow conditions
@dedders,
Possibly yes but travelling on Boxing Day so as it stands should be OK. Puzzled
latest report
@dedders, it's not law yet, the recovery option has not been mentioned yet. I don't see it changing as it will carry on being used as proof of immunity for some time to come following breakthrough infections. You are correct in that the rules will be the same for everyone.
@Avago, yes he will be fine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy