Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
@Thick As, I don't see why not. This is in peoples interest.

However, in the letter I have to take along to UWE, it does say :
'Accompanying this should be an invitation or letter from the boy's doctor confirming the need for a second dose' (which I have got already).
So its not quite the 'free for all' we are hoping for, but still positive steps nonetheless. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The_Gate wrote:
This thread has been very useful, so in order to try to assist others, here is our current plan. We are heading to Tignes - leaving the UK on 30th Dec, to start skiing in Tignes 1st Jan.

Both parents will be triple jabbed (but not really relevant). Our details are already in the PS.

Two kids, 12 and 14, both will be double jabbed at least 2 weeks before departure. Interestingly the French count anyone as fully vaccinated as 2nd Jab plus 1 week for AZ, Pfizer and Moderna.

a) Try to get some kind of QR code from the NHS - looks unlikely as the system does not generate a QR code for people under 16.
b) Get confirmation from the GP in writing that both children are double vaccinated (see later point d)
c) I have booked LFT for the kids for lunchtime on Thursday 30th Dec (with a Eurotunnel ETD around 1800).
d) Stay overnight about 1hr into France on Thursday. There is a nearby pharmacy that does the 'conversion' which apparently can issue a vaccination pass from countries where the system is not online. This is not designed for Brits as the NHS app is accepted, and it's explicitly mentioned on the French website, but it's worth a try.
e) Use the UK LFT as proof of negative status for 72 hours after the test for restaurants etc.
f) We have booked accomodation in Bourg on 31st, so hopefully the UK LFT and/or converted vaccine pass will suffice, else get a new LFT.
g) I telephoned the pharmacy in Tignes to try to make test reservations for 2nd Jan for the kids. The lady thought I was mad, as they were only taking bookings for the next day or two. She told me to call back 1 week before, and promised that there would be a good system in place to organise testing. I plan to call back early December and try again.
h) Book regular tests for the kids during the week so that they can join us in all restaurants etc.

We have already booked and received our ski-passes, which do need activation on arrival in Tignes, which will probably be contingent on a negative test by then, if cases have risen above 200.

We will have day 2 tests for at home testing back in the UK, so we can fill in the PLF.

I believe that this covers all bases, and hopefully the situation will have improved somewhat (i.e. by NHS extending QR Code proof to younger people), but this is the worst case scenario. Obviously contingent on all tests returning negative results, having said that, most of the kids' friends have had it, my wife is a doctor on the front line and has been exposed to it many times, and none of us have tested positive yet, so it will be just our luck...

Can I ask how you managed to get your children two jabs? Do you live in the UK? Our teenagers are 15 and 13 and we still haven't decided if it is worth the hassle with Covid tests every 72 hours (and the risk that one of them is positive) to go ahead with the ski trip to France that we have booked for the New Year week.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am immunosuppressed so the kids can get two vaccines. We took proof of my immunosuppressed status from the GP to a walk-in vaccination centre and this was accepted to allow my eldest to get hers some time ago. My youngest was lucky enough to get her first jab on her 12th birthday as by coincidence, they were at the school that day. We have been assured by the GP that second jabs can be administered with this proof.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@The_Gate, sorry for being thick. How are your 12 and 14 yo going to be double jabbed?

Good write up overall - it's good to have a plan!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of this. I belong to the clinically vulnerable group too, so I will enquire about this with my GP surgery. I thought teenagers who are double jabbed don't need to do any Covid tests in the ski resort?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 16-11-21 18:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Motherofthree wrote:
I thought teenagers who are double jabbed don't need to do any Covid tests in the ski resort?

Currently don't need to be tested to use the lift system but many are anticipating a change as the number of infections is rising.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Layne wrote:
Motherofthree wrote:
I thought teenagers who are double jabbed don't need to do any Covid tests in the ski resort?

Currently don't need to be tested to use the lift system but many are anticipating a change as the number of infections is rising.

Yes, I'm aware of this. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a pass sanitaire will be required to use the ski lifts in six weeks' time, when we are due to go, as I have a feeling the Covid rates in France will have gone up by then. In any case, teenagers will need a pass sanitaire to access resturants, swimming pools and hotels, etc.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The_Gate wrote:
This thread has been very useful, so in order to try to assist others, here is our current plan. We are heading to Tignes - leaving the UK on 30th Dec, to start skiing in Tignes 1st Jan.

Both parents will be triple jabbed (but not really relevant). Our details are already in the PS.

Two kids, 12 and 14, both will be double jabbed at least 2 weeks before departure. Interestingly the French count anyone as fully vaccinated as 2nd Jab plus 1 week for AZ, Pfizer and Moderna.

a) Try to get some kind of QR code from the NHS - looks unlikely as the system does not generate a QR code for people under 16.
b) Get confirmation from the GP in writing that both children are double vaccinated (see later point d)
c) I have booked LFT for the kids for lunchtime on Thursday 30th Dec (with a Eurotunnel ETD around 1800).
d) Stay overnight about 1hr into France on Thursday. There is a nearby pharmacy that does the 'conversion' which apparently can issue a vaccination pass from countries where the system is not online. This is not designed for Brits as the NHS app is accepted, and it's explicitly mentioned on the French website, but it's worth a try.
e) Use the UK LFT as proof of negative status for 72 hours after the test for restaurants etc.
f) We have booked accomodation in Bourg on 31st, so hopefully the UK LFT and/or converted vaccine pass will suffice, else get a new LFT.
g) I telephoned the pharmacy in Tignes to try to make test reservations for 2nd Jan for the kids. The lady thought I was mad, as they were only taking bookings for the next day or two. She told me to call back 1 week before, and promised that there would be a good system in place to organise testing. I plan to call back early December and try again.
h) Book regular tests for the kids during the week so that they can join us in all restaurants etc.

We have already booked and received our ski-passes, which do need activation on arrival in Tignes, which will probably be contingent on a negative test by then, if cases have risen above 200.

We will have day 2 tests for at home testing back in the UK, so we can fill in the PLF.

I believe that this covers all bases, and hopefully the situation will have improved somewhat (i.e. by NHS extending QR Code proof to younger people), but this is the worst case scenario. Obviously contingent on all tests returning negative results, having said that, most of the kids' friends have had it, my wife is a doctor on the front line and has been exposed to it many times, and none of us have tested positive yet, so it will be just our luck...

Useful information thank you. I didn’t think the pre departure test was adequate for restaurants etc as it had the wrong type of code albeit it’s good enough to get into the country? We’re doing similar and testing late morning on 24/12 for an 0320 Chunnel on 25/12. Getting to Tignes sometime on Christmas Day. We’ve messaged the pharmacy on Rue de Poste to check they’re open on Boxing Day and to get booked in. I imagine we’ll get the same response ref booking but would be good to get confirmation they’ll be open. If it’s just for restaurants then it’s no big deal but if needed for lifts then a bit more critical.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Has anyone worked out a way to get a pre-travel test for entry into France (24hr) on Christmas Day? With the missus' work being funny about taking all of Christmas week off, we may potentially be going to Andorra for NY instead of a crumb trip but that requires testing for our 12yo while we should be tucking into the liquorice all sorts that I'll inevitably receive?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Specialman wrote:
Has anyone worked out a way to get a pre-travel test for entry into France (24hr) on Christmas Day? With the missus' work being funny about taking all of Christmas week off, we may potentially be going to Andorra for NY instead of a crumb trip but that requires testing for our 12yo while we should be tucking into the liquorice all sorts that I'll inevitably receive?

Our teenagers are going to do a self test (antigen) from Chronomics that was left over from our summer holiday. I read on Eurotunnel's website that antigen self tests are accepted for entry into France if travelling via the tunnel

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 16-11-21 19:06; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Specialman, Look at Chronomics.
We’re just back from a family trip and in total we’ve taken 11 tests with them over the past 10days.
The results and certificates all came back within 2 mins each time even the one I did at 2am.
I presume the certificate is processed automatically rather than by manual checking which would work well at Christmas.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Would the pass sanitaire only apply to enclosed ski lifts-i.e. gondolas, bubbles....or chair lifts as well?
I remember someone saying earlier in the thread that it would only be enclosed lifts, but if it is being enforced when people are buying their passes, I can't see how this could be practical. But if it, is would allow a few laps first thing in the week to let the testing queues go down!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The_Gate wrote:

My question is, how are you getting your kids double jabbed? My 15 year only had his first jab a couple of weeks ago (at school). Not sure how much time gap from the first is needed to get a second? He will be 16 the week before travel, so that's too late.

If I could get him second jabbed again nw then he can get the NHS QR code via the NHS app when he turns 16 just ahead of departure.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The telegraph have picked up the story now. Hope it gains traction.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/vaccine-rules-sending-family-ski-holidays-chaos/?fbclid=IwAR1ftjLwPrkZW-1np9lhLSQc8ZNO4N243BfU___x2W0N4ATXS-PFFmNYSe4
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Timmycb5 wrote:
The telegraph have picked up the story now. Hope it gains traction.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/vaccine-rules-sending-family-ski-holidays-chaos/?fbclid=IwAR1ftjLwPrkZW-1np9lhLSQc8ZNO4N243BfU___x2W0N4ATXS-PFFmNYSe4

Can you c&p the article please ?
snow report
muppet wrote:
@Specialman, Look at Chronomics.
We’re just back from a family trip and in total we’ve taken 11 tests with them over the past 10days.
The results and certificates all came back within 2 mins each time even the one I did at 2am.
I presume the certificate is processed automatically rather than by manual checking which would work well at Christmas.

Thanks for that.

Just looked on the Chronomics websites, was a bit confused about which one to choose but think I understand now about photo upload of test result.
latest report
@gad, I don’t subscribe to that rag I’m afraid.

There is a way to archive it though. Hang on. I’ll see if so can remember how.
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
@gad, I don’t subscribe to that rag I’m afraid.

There is a way to archive it though. Hang on. I’ll see if so can remember how.

Thanks, I keep coming back to this thread about 5 times a day now hoping for an answer to my Christmas holidays. Very Happy
snow report
Telegraph article linked above, not checked anything for accuracy
Quote:

Planning a family ski holiday has never been a hassle-free affair, from organising lessons and booking equipment hire to making sure your offspring is smothered in sunblock and has their mittens tied securely to their sleeves. But this winter, with ski holidays back on after an almost-two-year hiatus, families face having to bear the brunt of Covid restrictions in ski resorts – especially those with teenagers. 

In France, until a person aged 12 or over has had two doses of a vaccine they are not deemed to be fully protected – in turn they face regular testing, at their own expense, to access bars and restaurants, and, if cases surpass 200 per 100,000, ski lifts. In Austria the rules are even tighter, a negative test will not grant a health pass – only inoculation or proof of recovery. In some resorts in America and Canada restaurants and ski schools will only be open to double-jabbed over 12s.

So, short of eating a packed lunch huddled in the snow or leaving the teenagers back at the chalet while you enjoy après ski solo, parents remain in holiday limbo as the ski season approaches. Four families share their thoughts and plans, including how they hope to navigate the rules, for the winter ahead.

Teenage vaccine limbo in France

Katja Gaskell regularly skis with her partner and three children, aged 14, 11 and 6. The family of five face a plethora of different rules for each member this winter when they plan to travel to Morzine to stay at a family chalet. “If we didn’t have our place in Morzine then it’s unlikely that we would be going skiing this Christmas and would probably delay a ski trip until 2022. But for us, the ability to have a change of scene and to be with family trumps the hassle factors.”

But Katja is concerned about the restrictions her family will face this season, particularly her eldest son. “Our eldest has been vaccinated but as per UK rules, he has only received one shot. This leaves him in vaccine limbo in France,” she said. In France teenagers require two doses of a vaccine in order to be classified as fully inoculated. Such proof is required to activate the French health pass, to access restaurants and bars in resorts –  if a person is not double jabbed they must test negative every 72 hours or have proof of recovery if they want to access the same services as vaccinated visitors.

Katja Gaskell has been on many ski holidays with her family – but this year looks set to be trickier to organise CREDIT: Katja Gaskell

“We’re hoping that if testing is required that the resort will ensure cost-effective and quick local testing. Does it add another level of stress? Definitely.” This week the French minister Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne confirmed that tests will be available to visitors in ski resorts this winter – it’s expected they will cost €40 each.

“I’m sure it will be cheaper than getting an antigen or PCR test in the UK but it’s certainly going to add at least a couple of hundred pounds to the holiday. If we had more than one teen (our daughter turns 12 in January so will then be required to have a pass sanitaire too) then this would be a significant extra cost and not one that we would be necessarily willing to spend on what is already an expensive holiday.”

It’s a decision thousands of families will be facing, and while operators confirm many are choosing to book (thanks in part to ongoing flexible booking terms and conditions) the uncertainty regarding regulations is set to continue. “If the pandemic has taught us one thing it’s that things can change so quickly so we’re taking it day by day.”

“If our policy [in the UK] continues to be unaligned with all or some of the major European countries, as well as countries such as Canada, then it presents a real issue for travelling families.”

Restrictions threaten to ruin family experience

Natasha Card’s family of four are keen fans of skiing in the States and with borders now open to Britons it would appear it’s all systems go for ski holidays across the pond – but not if you're in search of an easy time on the slopes together.

“We had a family holiday booked for Christmas in Breckenridge, Colorado, which we have had to cancel due to the on mountain restrictions for my 14 year old,” explains Carol, whose two sons are aged 14 (single-jabbed) and 11. Breckenridge has made it mandatory for any guest aged over 12 to be fully vaccinated in order to dine at indoor, on-mountain restaurants, including children in ski school. Dining reservations are also compulsory throughout the resort. 

“We have been [to Breckenrdige] before so we know that we cannot enjoy a holiday there without using on-mountain facilities… We all ski together and enjoy eating on the mountain as well as out and about in the town, if this is not possible or restricted it will have a massive effect on us as a family.”

Natasha Card has already had to cancel multiple ski holidays CREDIT: Natasha Card

It’s not the only trip the Card’s have had to cancel: “My eldest son was also going on a school ski trip to Italy in half term which has also been cancelled due to the restrictions there,” said Natasha.

“We have looked at various options but I can’t seem to find anywhere that allows a single vaccinated teenager to enjoy the same freedom as his unvaccinated 11 year old brother,” continued frustrated Natasha, who is now heading into the season without a secured booking for her planned peak-week break.

Natasha does have some hassle-free options though – Scandinavia has particularly lax rules on the slopes – but it comes at a cost. “I am now looking at Norway or Finland as an option for half term, but these are not the cheapest options and we do not have bottomless pockets, sadly.”

And she’s also concerned for friends who are heading into the seasons blind to the fact they’ll face restrictions once they arrive at their destination, not just at the border. “I have many friends who have booked ski holidays who are unaware of the possible restrictions to their teenagers. They are continuously being told by their ski companies that the entry restrictions into each country are the only things they need to worry about. I have told them their kids may not be allowed on lifts, in hotels and restaurants or into ski lessons. The ski companies are only following advice from the Government sites and are telling them they are all clear to go.”

Extra cost in usually budget-friendly Italy

It’s not just the French and American policy makers causing headaches for skiing families this winter, father of two Iain Martin plans to travel to Italy.

“We have a family trip, with our 15 year-old twins, booked for February half term to Roccaraso in Italy. We've booked our flights direct with easyJet and hotel, transfer and lift pass with a small UK tour operator called Ski Abruzzo. After two missed family ski holidays, we wanted to go twice this winter, and Italy is much better value than France and Austria.”

But Iain is fully aware that things might change before the foursome depart. “We've learned from the last two years that holiday plans can change at any time,” he said.

“If everything stays as it currently stands, the only issues will be with our single-vaccinated children. I think the worst case scenario is that they will have to take two or three Covid tests during the course of the week to be able to access the restaurants and ski lifts.” Italy is operating a ‘green pass’ this winter, requiring proof of vaccination, recovery or negative test in order to access ski lifts, restaurants and bars.

Iain admits the enjoyment of his family ski holiday will depend on resorts’ approach to the implementing the rules, but the additional cost will be worth it. “It could add an extra £180-£200 to the cost of the holiday. Of course, we'd rather not pay it, but in proportion to the total cost of the holiday and the value of taking a holiday together as a family I don't consider it significant,” he said.

But that doesn’t curb his frustrations. “My frustration is less with the UK Government and more with the inconsistency in regulations on vaccinations and testing from country to country. However, I feel it's inevitable that in the UK we'll be offering second vaccinations to 12-15 year olds before long.” Indeed this week it has been confirmed that 16 and 17 year olds  in the UK will be offered a second dose.

Spurred on by his family's eagerness to return to the slopes, the Martins have a second holiday booked this winter, if their debut in Italy goes without a hitch: “We'll be going to France with four other families at Easter if all goes well.”

Complications on a multi-gen holiday

Rebecca Miles is planning a multi-generational ski holiday to Champagny en Vanoise, part of La Plagne, in France in the New Year with her daughter (age 5), husband and parents (both in their 70s). The family is travelling independently, so without the reassurance or knowledge of a tour operator, “we're fending for ourselves,” said Rebecca.

“We've all missed the Alps a lot, so I can't quite believe we might actually be able to visit again. But I have to admit, there's a niggle in the back of my mind that it'll be cancelled for some reason - France's rates will rocket, they'll close the border again, and we'll be left disappointed. It's hard to be completely confident about it, considering the past 18 months,” she explained.

Rebecca Miles hopes to go on a multi-gen ski holiday in the New Year CREDIT: Rebecca Miles

The pass sanitaire, the health pass in force in France, is another concern. Despite her daughter being under the required age limit, it’s her parents who face trouble after France announced over 65s will require proof of a booster in order to activate their pass. “My parents have both had their booster but as yet there's no way to record that on the NHS app. I'm less worried about requirements for my daughter, though it'd be annoying if the French Government introduced regular testing requirements for my daughter, as it'll be an expense we haven't budgeted for – and testing young children isn't fun for the parents.”

Where and how to arrange such tests is another hurdle families face this winter. “Champagny isn't a big resort so it's currently unclear if there'll be testing available – we've heard that the likes of Meribel and Courchevel will have dedicated places, but it's tricky to find any concrete info for smaller resorts.”
snow conditions
@gad, Only 5? Part-timer. Smile
snow conditions
snowhound wrote:
Would the pass sanitaire only apply to enclosed ski lifts-i.e. gondolas, bubbles....or chair lifts as well?
I remember someone saying earlier in the thread that it would only be enclosed lifts, but if it is being enforced when people are buying their passes, I can't see how this could be practical. But if it, is would allow a few laps first thing in the week to let the testing queues go down!

afaik know it will be all or nothing.
snow conditions
@muppet, just to clarify, I can use Chromatics tests as Covid Proof for my teenagers whilst in France so we can go to restaurants etc? In October we used Randox Health but those tests were done via a video meet with a medical practioner, meaning you could only get appointments in office hours. Do they give you a QR code etc once you've done the test? @Specialman, which test did you think was suitable, I think the Fit to Fly and and the Day 2 Antigen test seem to be the same product anyway? TIA
snow conditions
Be very careful with any of the test kits.

They will likely be fine for the entry requirements into your destination (and day 2 tests on return back to UK) but they are unlikely to be accredited under the EU travel pass (green pass) scheme...

We tried one from C19testing.co.uk and while it generated a certificate (with a QR code) it was not recognised by the Italian VerificaC19 app...

Anyway - in resort tests (which will generate you a QR code which can be used in EU) are being mooted at € 8 in Selva ... so cheaper anyway than online kits.
snow conditions
I believe the pre departure, supervised, antigen test will get you through the first few days, but after that you will need a test carried out at an approved French test centre, not online. I think hotels and restaurants will accept as they will have time to review, lift queues might be different if it applies then as well. France infections are rising but I can't find the case per 100,000 to see how close we are to the 200 number.

I was a bit keen and emailed the pharmacy in La Plagne Centre to book but as they don't open until 11th December I think I ahead of myself!!
ski holidays
@Susang73, check Reuters for the case /100,000. Currently at 106/100000 https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/france/
@sheffskibod, thanks, that is good advice. I know the pharmacy in Morzine does walk in tests, currently 25eur but that may well drop as season gets underway.
latest report
Jcosh wrote:
The_Gate wrote:

My question is, how are you getting your kids double jabbed? My 15 year only had his first jab a couple of weeks ago (at school). Not sure how much time gap from the first is needed to get a second? He will be 16 the week before travel, so that's too late.

If I could get him second jabbed again nw then he can get the NHS QR code via the NHS app when he turns 16 just ahead of departure.

Actually you are good to go on TAC PS 1 week after 2nd jab. So you could conceivably book a jab in advance for his birthday, access a QR code via the NHS app the next day (as he will be allowed one once 16) and hit the French bars 7 days after his birthday.
latest report
trmacc wrote:
....@Specialman, which test did you think was suitable, I think the Fit to Fly and and the Day 2 Antigen test seem to be the same product anyway? TIA

Yes, it was the Fit To Fly one.... take test, upload photo and get quick results back. I'm assuming that is enough to get my 12yo into France and then onto Andorra.
snow report
From the tourist board in Zell Am See.
Dear xxx

A warm Welcome from Zell am See-Kaprun and thank you for your request. We are happy to hear that you are planning to spend your holiday in our beautiful region!

You are completely right in your assumption, that you 10 year old daughter doesn’t need anything, your 12 year old daughter just needs a medical confirmation of recovery, then there is no problem a all and you can enjoy your vacation here.

For further questions do not hesitate to contact us.
Also visit our website: www.zellamsee-kaprun.com

Best regards from Zell am See-Kaprun
Nikita Kröll
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Susang73, If anyone gets some sort of emailed confirmation of this from a lift pass office, that would be great to see-it wouldn't be a QR code of course, rather a certificate in English which of course comes down to whether it would be accepted at the kiosk.
I remember someone on the Tignes thread seeming pretty certain it would be accepted.....
I've emailed the 3V lift operators asking whether a UK supervised test for entry to France would be accepted for the PS. They firstly didn't answer the question-telling me the PS was not yet in operation for lifts. Then she said if it did come into operation, they would know the testing situation nearer the time.
So....no definite answer.
snow report
Hope this latest joyous news doesn't add another spanner into the works for this season for anyone https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59298833
snow conditions
According to Nikita from Zell Am See, it shouldn't.
Puzzled
snow report
Makes no difference for Austria, recovery alone is good for 180 days so still gives you over 90 days to get a jab then you are good for 270 days.
snow conditions
We are a family of 4 supposed to be going to France at Christmas - sharing our situation.
My wife and I are double jabbed and we have 2 kids aged 17 and 14 - My 17 was only single jabbed until tonight - I just took him to a walk in clinic without a prior appointment and he was able to get his second jab. That was a problem solved - he wasnt due for his second jab but the only query was it had to be 12 weeks before the first jab.
My 14 year old is the issue though - she is single jabbed but had covid back in July. I cant get anywhere with proof of recovery - have downloaded the NHS app but struggling to get her details on it. Also Covid pass only allowed for over 16 year olds. France will accept proof of recovery but all I have is an email saying she tested positive which I doubt is sufficent. Just going round in circles.
We booked with Crystal and I can change the holiday but need to decide by next Tuesday 23rd November.
To be honest cant see it happening - do not want to do all the tests so think we will be cancelling and moving to next year!

Anyone had any success with proof of recovery for 12-16 year olds?
snow report
Also would change the holiday to Austria if we could just get that proof of recovery!
ski holidays
tinman741 wrote:
Also would change the holiday to Austria if we could just get that proof of recovery!

In Switzerland, under 16s are exempt from all this.
snow report
tinman741 wrote:
We are a family of 4 supposed to be going to France at Christmas - sharing our situation.
My wife and I are double jabbed and we have 2 kids aged 17 and 14 - My 17 was only single jabbed until tonight - I just took him to a walk in clinic without a prior appointment and he was able to get his second jab. That was a problem solved - he wasnt due for his second jab but the only query was it had to be 12 weeks before the first jab.
My 14 year old is the issue though - she is single jabbed but had covid back in July. I cant get anywhere with proof of recovery - have downloaded the NHS app but struggling to get her details on it. Also Covid pass only allowed for over 16 year olds. France will accept proof of recovery but all I have is an email saying she tested positive which I doubt is sufficent. Just going round in circles.
We booked with Crystal and I can change the holiday but need to decide by next Tuesday 23rd November.
To be honest cant see it happening - do not want to do all the tests so think we will be cancelling and moving to next year!

Looks like the 14yr old who is single jabbed will need to test in resort every 72 hrs? Check out some of the earlier messages for how this might work?
latest report
always29 wrote:
Hope this latest joyous news doesn't add another spanner into the works for this season for anyone https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59298833

Glad they posted that one week after my son had his first jab 4.5 weeks post recovery Shocked
snow report
tinman741 wrote:

Not yet, but we're in a similar situation as you. On my NHS app I can now also see my 14 yr old's health record thanks to a helpful receptionist at our GP surgery who added me as a "proxy" for him so he now appears as a "linked profile" within my app. I can't see any proof of recovery for him yet though, but that's not surprising as he's still within his 10 day isolation period. It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to access the covid pass bit of the app under his profile though, just mine, so my guess is that at best all I'll be able to see is an entry in his record showing a positive PCR and the date it happened. That must be better than an email, but I don't see a way of getting a QR code from it.
snow conditions
As already mentioned isn't the simple answer is that single jabbed teenagers will most likely have to have tests in the resort every 72 hours?

This thread just seems to be going in circles....
ski holidays
Is there anyone who knows what would happen if your teenager tests positive in the resort? Will they then have to quarantine for X amount of days?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy