Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi thanks for the replies. We are going to contact the GP this week . Will let you know if it works.!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Following this with interest. Going (hopefully!) to Ski Amade over feb half term with a 15 yr old and a 13yr old. Both had covid and both had 1 jab. Hopefully, by feb there will be a solution to the 12-16 yr olds from UK and other countries who are only giving 1 jab / can’t get covid pass.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@james75, as far as Austria is concerned they are vaccinated provided the infection came before the vaccination. Your only problem is proving it, if anyone does as I said on the previous page and gets a doctor to fill in the Certificate from the Austrian Embassy website and then asks the Embassy if this is OK for proof to enter restaurants, ski lifts etc we could then provide a definitive answer for all with the same question.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Joyceycat wrote:
Following this thread with interest - I have a double vaccinated 14 year old and a soon to be 12 year old, who will be less than the mandatory 12 years +2 months when we travel to France (Champagny en Vanoise, La Plagne) at Christmas.

I also tweeted NHS England, Chris Whitty, Sajid Javid, Simon Calder at The Independent (and emailed). This evening I received an approach via Twitter from a journalist at The i paper (baby Independent?) who is researching a story about lack of vaccination proof for teens and the impact on travel. She would like to interview me tomorrow, I haven't replied yet as I wanted to get some more information from NHS and my GP surgery first, so I can get some more info on who is telling me what in this whole sorry mess.

On calling 119 this evening to get my information straight, they tell me that I should contact my GP and link my NHS App to my daughter's records and lo and behold I should be able to see her vaccination status (and a QR code) on my App. Has anyone tried this? As my GP surgery don't even allow me to look at MY own medical records/vaccinations/test results on the App (I know some surgeries do) I am not hopeful that they will let me see hers. 119 told me if this doesn't work to report to the Vaccination Data Resolution Team (option 4 when you dial 119). I will go to the surgery for a chat tomorrow and see how far I get.

I also got contacted on twitter by the i journalist... awaiting a call this morning. I am going to point her towards this thread...maybe she can post and ask everyone questions ?

I will also contact our GP and see if I can link daughters NHS profile to mine and see if we can then see her single jab in my NHS app... worth a go !
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Appreciate lots of time for changes but planning for Italy Feb half term - driving out through France / possibly Switzerland if feasible.

16 yr old has 1 jab but still no news on 2nd becoming available anytime soon despite JCVI approval.

13 yr old just had first jab at school and promptly lost vaccine card before getting home rolling eyes I guess that his status will get uploaded to GP record but as has been said above doesn't sound like much use if French/Italians require 2 jabs and App certificates Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We have sadly cancelled our pre-xmas trip to Austria and have decided to abandon the whole idea of skiing with our 12-15 year olds this year. The whole quagmire of differing and changing rules and regulations is just too difficult to navigate. We managed to go away to mainland Europe over the summer but the barriers are higher now due to differing policies across Europe vs the UK.

We had booked back in spring of this year in a fit of optimism that the vaccination programme was well under way and that things would surely be better, if not totally normal, by this winter. We planned it so that it was flexible - both the airline and the accommodation were offering very flexible terms - and to allow for the situation ie. apartment not hotel etc but it just doesn't work. The irony being that we got our 12-15 years olds jabbed (largely to help protect others in society) but they would have been better off from a personal freedoms POV if they had caught it instead!

I am trying to not to be too woe is me/my diamond shoes are too tight etc but it's perverse that it has become harder and harder to travel even as vaccination roll-outs have become widespread.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skibeskibe, that's really a tough call, sorry to read that.

And no doubt a few that are 65+ will be thinking is it worth all the hassle.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Joyceycat , glad to hear there might be some movement.
I see you are Bristol based, can I ask how you fared getting the second jab for the kid? It seems almost impossible to pre-book a slot around here, even if, as is the case with the Mini-Me, he is eligible for the second jab (albeit in 4 weeks time) - and all the walk-in centres are 16+ only.
Cheers.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 10-11-21 11:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Joceycat

Quote:

On calling 119 this evening to get my information straight, they tell me that I should contact my GP and link my NHS App to my daughter's records and lo and behold I should be able to see her vaccination status (and a QR code) on my App. Has anyone tried this? As my GP surgery don't even allow me to look at MY own medical records/vaccinations/test results on the App (I know some surgeries do) I am not hopeful that they will let me see hers. 119 told me if this doesn't work to report to the Vaccination Data Resolution Team (option 4 when you dial 119). I will go to the surgery for a chat tomorrow and see how far I get.

Did you get through the door of your GP surgery when you went? At mine you wouldn't - you'd have to shout down the door intercom at them!!
Also, they can't stop you seeing your records! They're your records!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So I was called by the lady from the i paper. A good conversation and we went over the current frustrations and situation .

She will update me as and when the article is published...

I also just got off the phone with my doctors . The lady I spoke to has linked my profile to my daughters so will see if that gets me anywhere with the NHS app (although she thinks it might still not work).

However the receptionist has kindly offered to print off my daughters vaccination records and stamp it. I am off to collect it later - maybe it will help...better than nothing !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
[quote="Joyceycat"]Thanks for the tip. I will pop down to my surgery and start to ask about getting the girls linked to me app. Will be able to get my 2x15yr olds their second jab for the same reasons as you. I spoke with the Vaccination Data Resolution Team yesterday, as I was pushing about getting my third jab onto my app. They said the app was not able to show the 3rd jabs as it is as design issue! Told to expect a call within 21 days with an update. Think I might need to send the MP another email.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have got my daughters one vaccination on my NHS app - but no magic qr code Sad

I feel it a massive waste GP surgery time and when I called 119 they were as much use as a chocolate teapot. Also wrote to my MP (zero response)

It really needs sorting. I am off to Italy for Christmas and managed to find out that the Chemist is open and providing LFT tests for my daughter to get the green card (every three days) - despite having recovered from Covid and had the vaccine (so if only our give would recognise this and provide the QR code we'd be saved lots of expense and hassle)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Emmalowick, have you got proof of having her had a positive test on your app too, would help people coming to Austria if you do. How old is she?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello, it’s only the first vaccination on the app. No covid recovery certificate and no qr code. She is 12

The doctor said they could do a written covid recovery certificate but Italy want / need a qr code.

Why, why, why won’t our government do this for our children. Such a simple thing to do, but the lack of respect shown from Gov to our children (who’ve don’t everything they’ve asked - tested twice weekly, submitted results, worn masks in school etc etc ) is bonkers
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Emmalowick, thanks for the reply. You should come to Austria then wink as a Certificate from your doctor and the vaccine proof is sufficient. No QR code needed.
snow conditions
And covid numbers go up, every one blames the schools and teenagers for not following the rules. I was at a corporate event on Friday, 600 adults crammed into one room no masks or distancing, and no testing before you went. Daughter still has to distance in the school and wear masks, plus test regularly - it's bonkers!!
I did have to show my Covid Pass though, but as we all know being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting it!!
ski holidays
@Emmalowick Can I ask how did you manage to get her vaccination to show on your NHS App? I have just been to the GP surgery and they swear they have nothing to do with the App and proxy access to their Patient Access app would only let me book GP appointments and order meds for her.

The whole thing is driving me potty!
snow report
I did speak to GP surgery today and they did say if I go down with Id I can link my daughters records to my app so can see her 1 vaccination.
Whilst I am there I will quiz them on the 2nd Jab, on the basis we see my elderly parents regularly who are vulnerable. They are with the same GP so they can see their health data. Bit of a long shot but it might work out.

For those that have double jabbed children it might be worth reaching out to the French consulate. If you are from outside of the EU and take proof of vaccine into a French chemist they will transfer it ito the health pass. They may be able to advise if this could apply to UK teens.

https://www.sante.fr/obtenir-un-passe-sanitaire-en-cas-de-vaccination-letranger
snow report
I'm thinking airdrop into Andorra - no hassles there with anything. Toofy Grin

On the 12yo thing that's applicable most places, is it 12 year and younger are exempt, or is it under 12s, as in 11years 364 daystar less?
ski holidays
France is 12 years and 2 months plus
ski holidays
@Specialman, Under 12 in Austria.
latest report
Chris_n wrote:
@Specialman, Under 12 in Austria.

I think we may be looking at no holiday this year. I doubt our 12yo will be double dosed by Crimbo and it just seems lots of hoops to jump through and extra cost for tests... gutted, I was looking forward to something snowy
ski holidays
@Specialman, there is no option for tests at all as it stands at the moment. Austrian children can have tests accepted as they have a school based test regime. At the moment there is no equivalent for foreign children although tourism is putting pressure on the government to amend this.
latest report
Chris_n wrote:
@Specialman, there is no option for tests at all as it stands at the moment. Austrian children can have tests accepted as they have a school based test regime. At the moment there is no equivalent for foreign children although tourism is putting pressure on the government to amend this.

Oh, so not even pre-travel testing and then testing in resort gets a 12yo around the rules? Man, this is rubbish. I'm struggling to keep on top of the rules now...
ski holidays
No testing in resort does not qualify. The criteria is fully vaccinated with the second shot less than 270 days old. Recovered within the last 180 days or recovered followed by at least a single shot of MRNA vaccine valid for 270 days from the last shot. J&J is only valid until 2nd Jan unless it is followed by a MRNA vaccine.
You would be better looking at the Austria thread in trip reports section regularly.
snow report
For anyone wanting to publicise the issues to try and gain some traction BBC 'One Show' Watchdog segment are wanting people who are having problems with vaccine status to contact them. Get the emails flowing, you never know it might help as I'm sure they will put questions to NHS / Government.
ski holidays
@Susang73 that link would look useful, many thanks, if only we could get an official letter/certificate from the NHS for the 12 to 15 year olds. Interesting that the French recognise there may be people who can't access their system and have a solution.

After a hard day at work, and several frustrating tussles with the GP surgery and 119 (the NHS has lost the record of my daughter's first vaccination....could the mess get any worse...?) I am on the verge of giving up and accepting defeat, but will try one last round of emails (including Watchdog) tomorrow.

I'm so sorry to see people cancelling their skiing plans - my teens hate PE at school and fresh air and exercise at home, but absolutely love skiing and I imagine its the same for some of you. Crikey, all of this makes me cross!
latest report
What I am concerned about is capacity the ski resorts have to test all the British (and other nationalities) kids, whether having received 1 vaccination or none. Does anyone know how this is currently done and the cost of them? Is iit only in pharmacies ?? I think we would need to have 3 tests for 2 kids over the course of 1 week. It could be okay or it could be a queue nightmare !! And what on earth happens if one of them gets it ??
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hils68, +1 over concerns about testing capacity. Particularly with it only kicking in over an infection level of 200. Why would resorts go to the hassle and expense of investing in testing facilities, if they might not be used or would only be used at very short notice for part of the season?

If they test positive...shush......Smile
ski holidays
https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918

This link has a quite simple flow chart that helps. Guess it will be out of date soon ( if not already) but should be kept up to date by the French Government.
snow report
Joyceycat wrote:
@Emmalowick Can I ask how did you manage to get her vaccination to show on your NHS App? I have just been to the GP surgery and they swear they have nothing to do with the App and proxy access to their Patient Access app would only let me book GP appointments and order meds for her.

The whole thing is driving me potty!

Luckily my gp reception team were awesome at adding my daughter to my nhs app. Apparently it took a few attempts at managing the proxy settings. They had to work out the correct boxes to tick or untick. But tbh it was all a massive waste of time for our ski trips. All it shows is that she’s had a dose of Pfizer vaccine. No pass or qr code.

Potty is an understatement. I’ve spend so long on this. I know more than the 119 covid pass team that’s for sure. Luckily I’ve found a lovely lady in Sauze who is booking me lft slots at the local pharmacy in resort. I was on the verge of postponing until Christmas 2022. Good luck with it all
ski holidays
Crashnburn wrote:
https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918

This link has a quite simple flow chart that helps. Guess it will be out of date soon ( if not already) but should be kept up to date by the French Government.

That flow chart is probably the most sensible thing I’ve seen about all this.

[img] https://uk.ambafrance.org/local/cache-vignettes/L945xH1337/5b8812b457b31ff0-f2681.png?1629463516[/img]
snow conditions
Heading out to Tignes on 28th, group of 6, all double jabbed bar one sixteen year old. As far as I can decipher (and also using the same link above) the single jabbed individual requires pcr test < 24hrs old before leaving, which is no big deal. All others use the nhs app now, with the 16 year old, having to presumably get the pass sanitaire working, which is then valid for 72 hours. My question is, if we don't bother to get a further pcr test in france (trip is 5 days), will the 16 year old, for example, still be able to use service areas on motorways without PS? Does anyone have any recent experience of driving through France with single jabbed/non current PS?
ski holidays
@Hamboghini, why is PCR < 24hrs no big deal? I was looking at my local airport testing and getting one less than 24hrs before flight time was going to be a huge challenge?

As I think the time the test was taken is the point.

If you have a morning flight it is possible, and afternoon flight not so. Also is it the landing time or the take off time that counts?

From their website “ Please note: if your test is carried out before 12pm you will receive the results in 24 hours and if your test is after 12pm your results will be received within 48 hours.”
ski holidays
They can have an antigen test (the quicker one) within 24 hours of departure to France. For us the bigger query will be testing (2 teens in the group) every 72 hours so they can use the hotel we’ve booked. I’m optimistically thinking this is something the pharmacies and medical centres in Morzine can do.

We are very lucky in that we’re able to go twice this year. We’re hanging on to France for new year but I’m about to cancel our planned trip to Austria for half term. I’m half looking at Switzerland but it’s so expensive (obvs)
latest report
@Soozm, thanks. If the antigen one is allowed this is good news and becomes possible.

Yes I was wondering how thar would work if in a hotel! I am getting very fearful that even that option will be removed by the time we go in Feb. We have a self catering place booked and are 7 adults and 8 children but 5 are 12 plus only single jabbed.
snow report
@NickyJ, @NickyJ, you're right - we're driving, but I was looking at getting an express test at Gatwick Airport on the previous day, which is a 3 hour service. It is now showing fully booked though - back to the drawing board. Might just be too problematic taking him.
snow conditions
@Hamboghini, when I drove through France in summer you needed PS for the restaurants (even eating a baguette on the table outside) but not for the toilets or shop in the aire de service. So that’s manageable I would say.
snow report
https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/11/10/austria-bans-unvaccinated-from-hotels/
snow report
@hamboghini, if you are driving try here for tests.

https://www.hopetravelclinic.co.uk/covid-test

They have sites in Rochester and Folkestone you can book in advance.

Our main hotel has advised they will accept the travel test for my daughter when we get there, but I will need to then get the test every 72 hours.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy