Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
7ncj wrote:
Just thinking through fall back option f, in case we can't get my son his second jab or proof in time......

He's only just over 12 (& the 2 months leeway by the time we go).

Are u12s required to carry ID in France, or is 'J'ai onze ans,' in reality likely to be the only response needed?

This is for when in resort, not entering France!

I’m quite sure someone has said that their 11.5 year old wasn’t questioned, so that might well be a perfectly viable option. I suppose it depends if there is a DOB on their lift pass??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
swoafs wrote:
7ncj wrote:
Just thinking through fall back option f, in case we can't get my son his second jab or proof in time......

He's only just over 12 (& the 2 months leeway by the time we go).

Are u12s required to carry ID in France, or is 'J'ai onze ans,' in reality likely to be the only response needed?

This is for when in resort, not entering France!

I’m quite sure someone has said that their 11.5 year old wasn’t questioned, so that might well be a perfectly viable option. I suppose it depends if there is a DOB on their lift pass??

I did think that, or at least they can ask for proof of age when buying the passes, or I guess are likely to ask for the Pass Santiere then. I then realised we already have passes from when we were there in Jan 20 and checked and we can top them up online. They just have a pen written A (adult) or E (enfant) on them!

To test my morale compass even further I've just found out it's €177 for a 6 day lift pass for a 12 year old or free for an 11 year old, due to a special offer they have on the week we're going rolling eyes

Sometime the simplest options are the best!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dklemm wrote:
"guilt tripping people over risking their children's health". These are just trolling not helping anyone your own ego maybe.

Well the conciliatory approach didnt help, I am getting to realise you're maybe not the sort to respond to it anyway.

But I would prefer if you didn't attribute quotes as above as made out to me when I said nothing of the sort. I could only think you are pointing to my post where I source teh HM Gov guidance of the 12 week gap , and how posting comments from the JVCI as to why the 12 week gap exists is "guilt tripping" people is beyond me. Do you really care what they recommend?

As to
dklemm wrote:
"obscenity filters', "1st world problems" "wasting vaccinators time"

1. I dont like being sworn at (but it was not by you I might add), and know when the site has filtered out as such.
2. With regards to "1st world problem", the poster I was replying to when saying ski trips and the issues preventing them were a 1st world problem actually agreed withg the sentiment! There doesnt seem to be a need for you to take any ersatz offence on anyone elses behalf.
3. And I do believe if people are going to vaccination centres to persuade them to give anyone a vaccine inside the recommended gap without GOOD reason then that is wasting everyone's time. For me, doing it to purely enable travel is not a good enough reason.

As to ego, I'll leave that to you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ster,

you asked if I care and this is my view:

The reduction from 12 to 8 weeks is within the guidance (below) and being offered by my local health board (Betsi Cadwaladr), as we are in "high incidence" and have "concern about vaccine effectiveness". The risk of catching the virus and developing myocarditis as far greater with daily school attendance. In fact there is a good chance my child has caught COVID in the last few days. All being well I still hope to make a family in half-term but have to switch to Andorra as we won't be able to complete the vaccine schedule required to ski in Italy or France.

Vaccination centres are currently quiet (IMO this is the true reason why they reduced the wait from 12-8 week - everycloud wink ). Scaling them up and down is difficult so they have just kept the capacity for the next cohort of 4-7yrs.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1042558/COVID-19-vaccine-information-for-healthcare-practitioners-21Dec21.pdf

Quote:

For those under 18 who are not in a high-risk group, a 12-week interval is recommended. This
longer interval reflects strong evidence of high levels of protection against severe disease from
the first dose, although it could be shortened to 8 weeks in periods of high incidence or where
there was concern about vaccine effectiveness (for example a new variant). Emerging evidence
also suggests that countries with longer schedules (8 to 12 weeks) may have a lower rate of
myocarditis after the second dose. Although this latter evidence is limited, JCVI have taken a
precautionary approach to mitigate the very rare risk of post-vaccine myocarditis.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
7ncj wrote:
spex wrote:
Well you only live once - so we have have decided to go ahead with our trip to Morzine via Geneva
Have a Gp letter of recovery and print of first vaccine dose . I guess its going to be daily testing unless we can sweet talk the pharmacist .

Out of curiosity has anyone managed to gain proxy access to the NHS app ? If so does the certificate of recovery show the elusive QR code ?

I have linked access to both my children's records on the NHS app. Both children have had positive PCR results and one jab. No confirmation or detail on this, let alone a qr code / travel pass is available. My vaccines and negative PCR tests are showing on my records through the app.

Predictably my soon to be double jabbed and soon to be 16 year old isn’t coming skiing this year, but my 12 year old who hopefully will get his second jab exactly 7 days before we leave is coming …. and currently we’re going to be entirely reliant on the NHS letter arriving before we set off, otherwise it’ll be daily lateral flow tests or switch to a Swiss resort.

Just as an update to the above I emailed my Doctors surgery again last night, they updated settings and I can now view my children's test results, including their PCR results via my NHS app / linked profile to their info. No qr code facility for them, but at least this is a more official readily available confirmation of their recovery.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
7ncj wrote:
7ncj wrote:
spex wrote:
Well you only live once - so we have have decided to go ahead with our trip to Morzine via Geneva
Have a Gp letter of recovery and print of first vaccine dose . I guess its going to be daily testing unless we can sweet talk the pharmacist .

Out of curiosity has anyone managed to gain proxy access to the NHS app ? If so does the certificate of recovery show the elusive QR code ?

I have linked access to both my children's records on the NHS app. Both children have had positive PCR results and one jab. No confirmation or detail on this, let alone a qr code / travel pass is available. My vaccines and negative PCR tests are showing on my records through the app.

Predictably my soon to be double jabbed and soon to be 16 year old isn’t coming skiing this year, but my 12 year old who hopefully will get his second jab exactly 7 days before we leave is coming …. and currently we’re going to be entirely reliant on the NHS letter arriving before we set off, otherwise it’ll be daily lateral flow tests or switch to a Swiss resort.

Just as an update to the above I emailed my Doctors surgery again last night, they updated settings and I can now view my children's test results, including their PCR results via my NHS app / linked profile to their info. No qr code facility for them, but at least this is a more official readily available confirmation of their recovery.

Do you think this will give you ability to print anything off? Perhaps on the web login to NHs?

My gp surgery are in dark ages… got to go pick up a proxy form and see - they also being difficult saying they won’t produce a letter confirming vaccination and recovery.. in fact don’t want to do anything… frustrating and so antiquated…
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RicardoNCL wrote:
7ncj wrote:
7ncj wrote:
spex wrote:

Do you think this will give you ability to print anything off? Perhaps on the web login to NHs?

My gp surgery are in dark ages… got to go pick up a proxy form and see - they also being difficult saying they won’t produce a letter confirming vaccination and recovery.. in fact don’t want to do anything… frustrating and so antiquated…

I'll try later. I can screenshot the records. I'm reasonably confident that a combination of the emails with the test results, track and trace follow ups and details viewable via the NHS app will be the best next thing to a QR code.

It may all be in vain anyway as recovery status seems to mean less and less. I just want to have as much evidence as possible to help react to the inevitable changes in requirements.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
7ncj wrote:
RicardoNCL wrote:
7ncj wrote:
7ncj wrote:
spex wrote:

I'll try later. I can screenshot the records. I'm reasonably confident that a combination of the emails with the test results, track and trace follow ups and details viewable via the NHS app will be the best next thing to a QR code.

It may all be in vain anyway as recovery status seems to mean less and less. I just want to have as much evidence as possible to help react to the inevitable changes in requirements.

I know - I am trying to cover as much ground as I can - I still fear we will be daily testing and running the risk with our 12 year old for a week.... hopefully the rules will relax - or the NHS sort this update like Scotland etc are now able to show before we travel... fingers crossed.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am still waiting for my access to allow me to see my children's positive test results.
However I can print my own results, by login into the https://systmonline.tpp-uk.com website. My GP gave me the Username, Password, Account ID, and Organisation Codes.

This downloadable screenshot shows the GP address, name and test results so I am hoping this will suffice. If I can get the test results for my children then I will contact the hotel and ski lifts to see if they will accept. Will update.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’m sure this has already been covered BUT does anyone know if an unvaccinated 14Y old can access the Pass Sanitaire without the need for daily tests if he holds an EU digital recovery certificate?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@franga, if you can persuade a pharmacy to do it.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
franga wrote:
I’m sure this has already been covered BUT does anyone know if an unvaccinated 14Y old can access the Pass Sanitaire without the need for daily tests if he holds an EU digital recovery certificate?

If it has a QR code, try scanning it into the TAC app to see if you get a green tick.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sugarmoma666 wrote:
franga wrote:

If it has a QR code, try scanning it into the TAC app to see if you get a green tick.

I did. QR code recognised and certificate saved - app has also added a tag called “recovery”. Is the TAC app effectively the Pass Sanitaire? Thanks for all your help.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Layne wrote:
@franga, if you can persuade a pharmacy to do it.

Thanks. My unvaccinated 14Y old (only 1 jab so far) contracted covid in Cyprus (EU) in October and by a stroke of luck the Cypriot Health Ministry issued him with an EU digital recovery certificate. I've just scanned it on the TAC app and it has been recognised / ticked. I'm hoping this will suffice but I'll check with the 3Vs lift company too.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Can't believe there's so much inconsistency - especially with your own family's records! Been trying to book my son's second jab in but it's saying he's not had a first. Rang the GP and they said they hadn't updated his records yet (from November - but not a big issue for me). She did it immediately and then sent me an email with a pdf of his whole vaccination record. Didn't even ask for it!
snow conditions
Quote:

I know - I am trying to cover as much ground as I can - I still fear we will be daily testing and running the risk with our 12 year old for a week.... hopefully the rules will relax - or the NHS sort this update like Scotland etc are now able to show before we travel... fingers crossed.

Totally understand. The daily testing in Feb HT was the deal breaker for us. Not the cost but the stress of the daily faff and awaiting the result. We had to test to return from France in summer - that was one test and we were quite stressed out, let alone 6. And I don't want to be looking over my shoulder/restricting apres ski for fear of someone sneezing/coughing and my son picking it up. Moved trip to Easter and hoping France may have moved back to tests being valid 72 hours again. But kids should be double jabbed anyway. Who knows??
snow conditions
Currently evidence of a negative test or recovery is an acceptable alternative. From later this week, though, the pass sanitaire becomes a pass sanitaire vaccinal – with only vaccinations acceptable.

This is from Simon Calder's article in The Independent this morning ... does anyone know at what age these rules become applicable? I presume under 16s will still be allowed a Pass Sanitaire if they have recovered or if they test daily?
snow report
franga wrote:
Currently evidence of a negative test or recovery is an acceptable alternative. From later this week, though, the pass sanitaire becomes a pass sanitaire vaccinal – with only vaccinations acceptable.

This is from Simon Calder's article in The Independent this morning ... does anyone know at what age these rules become applicable? I presume under 16s will still be allowed a Pass Sanitaire if they have recovered or if they test daily?

Unless the senate changed the final bill when approving the 'vaccinale' on Sunday - then those under 18 will continue with the 'sanitaire' that was one of the reasons for the rejection, and thus the Confused daily testing option remains for them as long as they are classed as minors. ps whilst helpful - some of Simon Calder's reporting has been inaccurate compared to that direct on the French Embassy in London or the French Government websites (especially on the under 18 entry point)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 18-01-22 14:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Kettonskimum1971 wrote:
Quote:

Totally understand. The daily testing in Feb HT was the deal breaker for us. Not the cost but the stress of the daily faff and awaiting the result. We had to test to return from France in summer - that was one test and we were quite stressed out, let alone 6. And I don't want to be looking over my shoulder/restricting apres ski for fear of someone sneezing/coughing and my son picking it up. Moved trip to Easter and hoping France may have moved back to tests being valid 72 hours again. But kids should be double jabbed anyway. Who knows??

Exactly - who knows. We are 1st week of March - it could (hope) have all changed by then as the infection numbers are dropping in france like they are in the uk. Is this down to changes in testing regime... again who knows... well done with getting your GP to simply email your sons records!!
snow conditions
bronc666 wrote:
Hi, My youngest child had his 12th birthday on dec 17th. the PS rules say 12 plus 2 months. Does that mean he does not require the PS till the end of feb? Hoping he will be in as
only had first vax dose today and has had covid 12 weeks beforehand.

Does anyone have any info on this? Have searched but cannot find any definite rule. Thanks.
snow conditions
I have good new on the "minors" front - there is now French government-sanctioned advice (for the first time, so far as I know) that all children <18 inherit the vaccine status of the accompanying adult for the purposes of entry into the country, so the child's own vaccine status is irrelevant for that purpose (although of course not when in the country for pass sanitaire purposes).

@wibble44 has rightly pointed in the past to the French language version of the Consulate General of France in London at https://uk.ambafrance.org/Conditions-de-deplacement :

wibble44 wrote:
The amba page has the following:

* Les mesures appliquées aux adultes vaccinés s’étendent dans les mêmes conditions aux mineurs les accompagnant, qu’ils soient vaccinés ou non (pas de motif impérieux et pas d’isolement)
* Les mineurs non vaccinés accompagnés d’un adulte non vacciné sont soumis aux mêmes règles de déplacement que les adultes non vaccinés (test PCR/antigénique avant le départ de moins de 24h, motif impérieux, attestation sur l’honneur, plateforme numérique et isolement à l’arrivée).
* Les enfants de moins de douze ans sont dispensés de test dans tous les cas.

However, this did not (and still does not) say what "minors" this applies to (the heading of this section is simply "Vous êtes mineur ou vous voyagez avec un mineur ?")

But now the English language version has been updated to include this section, and the heading and text is rather more informative - it says it is for "Travel with minor (under 18 )" and explicitly says that it applies to accompanying minors under 18. See https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918 :

Quote:
Travel with minor (under 18 )
- The measures applied to vaccinated adults extend under the same conditions to accompanying minors (under 18 ), whether or not they are vaccinated.
- Unvaccinated minors (12 to 17 accompanied by unvaccinated adults are subject to the same travel regulations as unvaccinated adults (PCR/antigen test less than 24 hours old prior to departure, compelling reason, sworn statement, digital platform and self-isolation on arrival).
- Children under 12 are exempt from all Covid travel restrictions in all cases (test, quarantine, form...). Declaration of honor is still mandatory.

So we finally have the confirmation many have been waiting for: your <18y old does not need to be double-vaccinated to enter the country. But take care of course over how you will deal with the pass sanitaire.
snow conditions
bronc666 wrote:
bronc666 wrote:
Hi, My youngest child had his 12th birthday on dec 17th. the PS rules say 12 plus 2 months. Does that mean he does not require the PS till the end of feb? Hoping he will be in as
only had first vax dose today and has had covid 12 weeks beforehand.

Does anyone have any info on this? Have searched but cannot find any definite rule. Thanks.

It's 12 & 2 months (according a resort tourist office when asked), so 16/17 Feb for your son.

My son was 12 on 13 December but there's a good chance he may have a memory language lapse ('j' ai onze ans') in resort. I can buy the lift passes online in advance; I'm in the fortunate position of having the physical passes from last time we went so can top them up and avoid any proof of age checks on collection.

Without those may just need to do a test on day one, if any entry test has expired before getting the passes.
snow report
Your plan is now my plan, cheers.
snow report
I applied, online, for an NHS vaccination status letter for my daughter who is 13 y/o and has had one vaccination plus recovery following positive PCR (in that order).

The letter said something like "No vaccination confirmation as you have only had one dose". I don't know if infection followed by first dose would generate a vaccine status letter.

The letter suggested contacting the GP so I might try that otherwise it's daily testing in resort as she can't have second dose until late-March.
ski holidays
It's interesting. I took myself off to Mumsnet last night to see if this sort of thing had been discussed (more about teens/second jabs etc rather than skiing). Just wanted to get a different perspective.

There were quite a few mums who had gotten a second jab literally after their child had recovered from Covid - well, they were asked at their appointment whether their child had been well for the last 28 days. Not, has your child recovered from Covid in the last 12 weeks.

And there were obviously comments from parents back when the rules changed in November (pre November 2nd jabs for teens were 4 weeks after the first). They were reassured not to worry.

Just more food for thought
ski holidays
CV wrote:
I applied, online, for an NHS vaccination status letter for my daughter who is 13 y/o and has had one vaccination plus recovery following positive PCR (in that order).

The letter said something like "No vaccination confirmation as you have only had one dose". I don't know if infection followed by first dose would generate a vaccine status letter.

The letter suggested contacting the GP so I might try that otherwise it's daily testing in resort as she can't have second dose until late-March.

Only two vaccines in UK will count for the QR code required for most EU passes.

UK I think have been reluctant to issue recovery confirmation as it could increase number of people deliberately infected themselves to get their pass. Left teens a difficult situation because they got vaccinated late then half the bloody country caught COVID.
ski holidays
https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/france-travel-restrictions-what-new-covid-vaccine-pass-rules-mean-for-holidays-with-health-pass-replaced-1399493

"France has lifted a ban on UK tourists but travellers must still abide by the country’s Covid pass rules, which are set to become stricter as early as the weekend (Saturday 15 January).... The new rules, called a “vaccine pass” will replace the current “health pass” or pass sanitaire. The main change will be that under the health pass, people could use a negative Covid test in lieu of vaccination or proof of recent infection. Under the vaccine pass, this will not be allowed. Under 18s are exempt from the new restrictions, while 12s and over will have to abide by the former health pass rules.

Children aged under 12 are exempt from both the old and new Covid passes.

Children aged 12 and over will not have to abide by the new vaccine pass and will instead be subject to the older health pass rules.

This means that they will still able to test in lieu of vaccination or proof of recent infection.

Tests, which can be lateral flows, are only valid for 24 hours, cost around £33 each and must be conducted by a professional, usually in a pharmacy or pop-up testing centre."

So with 1 jab and a proof of recovery letter from the GP (which we have), we might be able to avoid the daily testing? Or is it just wishful thinking... Presumably we still need the local pharmacy to give us the health pass (QR code)?
snow report
Yes, to have the passe sanitaire for your (single vaccinated/unvaccinated over 12) you have to have daily tests or proof of recovery.

At the moment, there's been mixed reviews about what proof of recovery might be accepted (eg letter from Dr). However, worse is that it is against French rules for a pharmacie to take this proof (as it doesn't have a QR code) together with confirmation of a jab and turn it into a passe.

There's been stories over Christmas of pharmacies willing to do this (Val D I believe) but Morzine states a blatant no. Most parents are emailing in advance to see what the stance is. Would be interesting to find out if there has been any success. I may start a new thread explicitly on this.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://familyski.co.uk/travel-rules-update/

Something for everyone here!
snow conditions
Kettonskimum1971 wrote:
Yes, to have the passe sanitaire for your (single vaccinated/unvaccinated over 12) you have to have daily tests or proof of recovery.

At the moment, there's been mixed reviews about what proof of recovery might be accepted (eg letter from Dr). However, worse is that it is against French rules for a pharmacie to take this proof (as it doesn't have a QR code) together with confirmation of a jab and turn it into a passe.

There's been stories over Christmas of pharmacies willing to do this (Val D I believe) but Morzine states a blatant no. Most parents are emailing in advance to see what the stance is. Would be interesting to find out if there has been any success. I may start a new thread explicitly on this.

We're due to go to Morzine for Feb 1/2 term - it would be interesting to know if anyone has managed to get confirmation of 1 jab plus proof of recovery to qualify for a passe sanitaire.
snow report
Just started a new thread explicitly on that to try and get examples of anyone that has been told yes or no.
ski holidays
Has anyone tried to scan one of the NHS Covid Pass Letters for 12-15 year olds into Tous Anti Covid - Does it upload as a digital certificate meaning the 12-15 year old then has a digital covid pass?

Thanks
latest report
pdsguy wrote:
Has anyone tried to scan one of the NHS Covid Pass Letters for 12-15 year olds into Tous Anti Covid - Does it upload as a digital certificate meaning the 12-15 year old then has a digital covid pass?

Thanks

yes have done so for our 15 year old on her iphone - works a treat and i can then also scan it with the TAC verif app which give the necessary 'valide' word we are looking for!
snow report
andmelffion wrote:
pdsguy wrote:

Thanks

yes have done so for our 15 year old on her iphone - works a treat and i can then also scan it with the TAC verif app which give the necessary 'valide' word we are looking for!

Great thanks!!
ski holidays
The one from NHS Scotland also work on TAC app
snow conditions
My 15 year old was booked in for the second jab at the end of the month in time for half term but then caught omicron, ( LFT showing clear today at last)

So now cannot have the second jab for 12 weeks so we are effectively goosed I guess?
ski holidays
up4it wrote:
My 15 year old was booked in for the second jab at the end of the month in time for half term but then caught omicron, ( LFT showing clear today at last)

So now cannot have the second jab for 12 weeks so we are effectively goosed I guess?

Exactly same happened to me yesterday.

My new plan is to drive to Andorra, unless France change ski pass requirements.
latest report
Dare I ask on here what the situation is in Andorra for under 16s?
snow report
up4it wrote:

No requirements for under 16. COVID certificate required for 16+.
snow conditions
dklemm wrote:
up4it wrote:

No requirements for under 16. COVID certificate required for 16+.

Also you can't go via Spain at the moment.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy