Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel in France

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks I’ll get onto that tomorrow
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof wrote:
under a new name wrote:
@snowdave, my point is I suppose 2-fold. I don't really object to a meaningless test, I do object really quite strongly to having to pay (say) a rather nice lunch equivalent cost for it. I think the last number I saw for the UK was £188 for the current two de-quarantine tests.

!

£188 for lunch? Do you eat in the Albert 1er ?

Rarely, hence my objections!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof wrote:
under a new name wrote:
@snowdave, my point is I suppose 2-fold. I don't really object to a meaningless test, I do object really quite strongly to having to pay (say) a rather nice lunch equivalent cost for it. I think the last number I saw for the UK was £188 for the current two de-quarantine tests.

!

£188 for lunch? Do you eat in the Albert 1er ?

The usual table for 8! wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jonny996, We received our vaccine certificate from NHS Scotland today.

Requested Tuesday evening and arrived today, so less than 48hrs.

It’s a basic letter similar to the blue appointment letters. No QR or barcodes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@muppet, Thanks for that, we applied yesterday so should get it soon. For anyone else in Scotland doing this keep your appointment letter as it has your username on it that you need to register, apart from that very simple.

I am still not sure if we are going to go as we haven't done anything about the dog (but that's a separate thread) and I would miss him for the 2 weeks.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonny996 wrote:
@muppet,
I am still not sure if we are going to go as we haven't done anything about the dog (but that's a separate thread) and I would miss him for the 2 weeks.
Might be worth checking with your local kennels. Or one decided not to open at all this summer as there was just too much hassle. Had to find a new one for a long weekend in the UK we have planned. Also looking at the AHC thread I am not sure I have the bandwidth now to action that on a 'maybe' trip.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yesterday’s announcement was rather vague in terms of when uk folk with double jabs can return from amber countries without having to self isolate.
“Later this summer”??? Wft
We have a holiday planned in august to France with a free cancellation clause that expires on the 8th July. So we have to make a call by this date. We will be double jabbed well in time for the holiday but need to know by the 8th July if the proposed ‘no quarantine for double jabbed’ will be in place for our holiday.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
smagsmith wrote:
Yesterday’s announcement was rather vague in terms of when uk folk with double jabs can return from amber countries without having to self isolate.
“Later this summer”??? Wft
We have a holiday planned in august to France with a free cancellation clause that expires on the 8th July. So we have to make a call by this date. We will be double jabbed well in time for the holiday but need to know by the 8th July if the proposed ‘no quarantine for double jabbed’ will be in place for our holiday.

I know I thought the same! What on Earth is “later in summer”. We are booked to go out in 9th August. Thankfully we can leave accommodation booking in place until 4th August. However if there is no hope of us going I would rather cancel early to be fair to the accommodation provider! We are both double jabbed but we have two daughters who aren’t old enough to even have one jab so is that no hope for us anyway?

My flights have been cancelled and rebooked by EasyJet for same day different times so I could cancel for a refund or reschedule for another time… but when? With being tied to school holidays I am not flush with options
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@smagsmith, from the Guardian this morning

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/24/uk-lifts-quarantine-for-arrivals-from-malta-balearics-and-some-caribbean-islands

Quote:
Ministers have also promised that people returning from amber list countries who have had both doses of their Covid vaccine will be able to avoid quarantine later in the summer, instead of having to isolate at home for up to 10 days.

They did not, however, agree a date for the change to come into force, following a showdown at the Covid operations committee on Thursday.

The Guardian understands some cabinet figures are concerned that people will rush to try to bring forward their second doses once they realise it will grant them extra freedoms that would allow them to return home from foreign trips more easily.

Ministers fear this will put strain on supplies just as they are pushing to meet the target of offering all UK adults a first dose by 19 July, the “terminus date” by which Boris Johnson has promised to lift all remaining restrictions. Therefore the easing of restrictions for those returning from amber list countries, including the dropping of official government advice not to travel to them, is not expected to happen until August.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm so reading “is not expected to happen until august”. The cynical part of my can’t help thinking the intent is to make sure that it will be timed to coincide with the start of school term to make sure they massively reduce the demand that take it up….
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NickyJ, what are the rules on kids? We have two daughters. 14&12. I assumed they would be exempt from quarantine Upon return to uk and it was just the adults that need to be double jabbed.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@smagsmith, ours are currently 14 & 11.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am almost exactly in the same position. Accommodation isn't an issue but it would be very handy to know, in case we need to try and arrange something else if France is a non starter. Far too vague.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@smagsmith, @NickyJ, similar here 2 x 15yr old daughters. I am wondering how welcome we will be, as they can't be vaccinated yet but it is 12+ in France, so we'd be taking in unvaccinated teens when the locals of the same age can be vaccinated. We were welcomed last summer by friends and others in the village but wonder if that would be the same this year?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
"Latter in the Summer" is an utter useless statement, it lets no one plan, people or business. My respect for this bunch of so called leaders is beyond words.
snow conditions
Regarding kids (under eighteen), the French rules are that if the parents are jabbed then they are also exempt from quarantine. I am hoping that the U.K. rule is similar, but I haven’t seen anything yet.

We’re due to go on 1st August, so it’s going to be close I think!
snow report
Presuming that if the UK rules kick in 1st Aug I’ll be ok if I return on the 1st Aug.

Then of course we could have Macron changing his mind again
snow conditions
muppet wrote:
@Jonny996, We received our vaccine certificate from NHS Scotland today.

Requested Tuesday evening and arrived today, so less than 48hrs.

It’s a basic letter similar to the blue appointment letters. No QR or barcodes.

Ordered Wednesday arrived Friday, great service for something they are not wanting us to use….
latest report
Hate to say it guys, but it’s not just what the U.K. govt think. Mr P and I reckon shutters come down to all Brits coming to EU from Thursday whether vaccinated or not. EU meeting tomorrow (Monday). The Sunday Times reckons new restrictions from 1st July. We’re buggy here despite vaccinations, and they don’t want delta variant (even though it’s already there) as their vaccination levels aren’t high enough.
ski holidays
Perty wrote:
Hate to say it guys, but it’s not just what the U.K. govt think. Mr P and I reckon shutters come down to all Brits coming to EU from Thursday whether vaccinated or not. EU meeting tomorrow (Monday). The Sunday Times reckons new restrictions from 1st July. We’re buggy here despite vaccinations, and they don’t want delta variant (even though it’s already there) as their vaccination levels aren’t high enough.

Damn.
snow report
@Perty, I fear you are right. EU countries won't be able to avoid the Delta variant, but if they avoid new importations they might have a month to make enough headway on vaccinations to minimise the fourth wave of infections being seen here.

Earlier in the year I had hoped that we would be able to make use of our place in France in August, it is now looking much more like September. (Incidentally, does the word "coming" mean that you have successfully made your dash?)
ski holidays
@Perty, I’m HOPING that whilst Merkel is leading the calls for Brits to be excluded, Spain, Portugal, Greece and maybe even France may argue differently. They desperately want the tourism business. It was only a week or so ago that the French changed their rules for allowing Brits in, so would they change their mind again so quickly?

Notice hoping in capitals!
snow conditions
Looks like Portugal now requires all arrivals aged 12 and over from the UK to be vaccinated. Alternative is quarantine for 14 days on arrival irrespective of negative PCR tests.
Are other EU countries going to follow Sad

I have 19 and 21 year olds that have only had 1 dose so it’s looking unlikely they can travel with us this summer , but Great Grandma who is 96 can come to Val d’ Isere instead rolling eyes
snow report
muppet wrote:
Looks like Portugal now requires all arrivals aged 12 and over from the UK to be vaccinated. Alternative is quarantine for 14 days on arrival irrespective of negative PCR tests.
Are other EU countries going to follow Sad

I have 19 and 21 year olds that have only had 1 dose so it’s looking unlikely they can travel with us this summer , but Great Grandma who is 96 can come to Val d’ Isere instead rolling eyes

So completely ruling out a large proportion of families.

I was reading the entry criteria for Iceland which was saying that children who are travelling with parents who had been vaccinated were exempt from the criteria (although it applied if the child was traveling alone), was their not similar exemption?
ski holidays
@hammerite, nope, still in U.K. Pup has his AHC appt this afternoon. We have booked PCR tests this morning (just up road at Gatwick), and are hoping that we can wangle a Eurotunnel departure on Tuesday evening and drive down overnight. It involves me trying to squeeze work and prep for work on Weds around the journey, but it we make it to 2 weeks of fresh mountain air and escaping the email inbox it’ll be worth the stress..
snow report
Anyone in Wales can get their Certificate via a website - there is no app.
https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
My parents phoned NHS Wales (0300 303 5667) to get their vaccination certificate. They only needed their name and address for the certificate to be posted to them. They were told it would be up to two weeks but the certificates arrived three or four days after making the request.
latest report
Perty wrote:
@hammerite, nope, still in U.K. Pup has his AHC appt this afternoon. We have booked PCR tests this morning (just up road at Gatwick), and are hoping that we can wangle a Eurotunnel departure on Tuesday evening and drive down overnight. It involves me trying to squeeze work and prep for work on Weds around the journey, but it we make it to 2 weeks of fresh mountain air and escaping the email inbox it’ll be worth the stress..

Fingers crossed it all works out for you and you get there!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
My parents phoned NHS Wales (0300 303 5667) to get their vaccination certificate. They only needed their name and address for the certificate to be posted to them. They were told it would be up to two weeks but the certificates arrived three or four days after making the request.

Can they access the website? I did mine & had to submit a short video clip & a photo of my ID. Took a few hours for approval, but I can now access the website & get a QR code or PDF to download.
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
Can they access the website? I did mine & had to submit a short video clip & a photo of my ID. Took a few hours for approval, but I can now access the website & get a QR code or PDF to download.
No, they went straight to the phone number. Much easier for people their age.
snow report
@Perty, good luck!

I’m risking booking flights for the beginning of August in the hope I can get out to Andorra for 3-4 days to go apartment hunting, otherwise I’ll be rocking up in later in the month like a snail, me and all my belongings in the back of the van, but with nowhere to live!
snow report
well that worked fine ... full vaxx out of France, no checks at all into CH Happy
ski holidays
@under a new name, I haven't heard of anyone traveling into CH from a Schengen country being checked. I assume the threat of the random check and hefty CHF fine means we all dutifully fill out our forms.
latest report
@Nadenoodlee, you sort of wouldn't expect systematic checking, would you?
ski holidays
France to UK Friday. Eurotunnel. Shortest time ever from Check-in to Boarding.
Been phoned on mobile every day since to check still isolating. Mrs J is phoned on landline (?).
Hoping to return to France in September.
snow conditions
@Jonpim, MiL came back from UK after 5 days there last Tuesday, call yesterday that her flight had a positive individual. Caller was then somewhat confused about what to advise... but very polite.

6 days hardly a rapid response however, but I suppose who knows when said individual was identified.

Notably there was no confirmation of her quarantining while over there.
snow conditions
Bumped into an American today who had flown into France especially to go wine shopping. He seemed to have had no problem getting in!
latest report
@JamesHJ, well they’re allowed in so why would he? Tick the box, print everything you’ve ever been sent to do with your vaccine status and on you go!

@under a new name, i think they’re still more interested in ppl breaking customs rules than covid status from EU countries.
ski holidays
Would be nice if we could fly to America too! Got a bunch of work stuff to do over there...
latest report
We are allowed in to France too if we have been double-vaccinated without needing a compelling reason, but at the minute, I have to quarantine at home when I get back, so it isn't an option. We would have to take extra annual leave, which would come off the amount we have to go skiing next winter.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy