Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2022 ski all season for free

Poster: A snowHead
nixmap wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
+ too many trolls

yeah well you've been trying the same line since 2008 and its exactly your fault i even first posted here

it was your humble troll that started the whole saga

the only reason i even responded

so look in the mirror.

I never initiated a thread here....

Thanks for posting - I've read these annual threads for many years, but never had sight of the original one, so it's been an interesting read this afternoon.

Bizarrely having read through it, the one thing that's bugging me more than anything is this.... so did @Dave of the Marmottes used to be called fatbob???? These are the important questions.... wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tis true and I'd have got away with it if it weren't for those pesky meddling furry feckers and their stupid holes*!

* no not those holes, I'm not nixmap and his party guests I have some decency!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tis true and I'd have got away with it if it weren't for those pesky meddling furry feckers and their stupid holes*!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
swskier wrote:
I quite enjoy reading these threads every year, because in the main, there's a lot of jokey banter, obviously some of it goes further than that, but i'd like to think a lot of it is fairly harmless.

In a year or two's time when the girlfriend and I both take sabbaticals, I'd genuinely consider an offer like this.

So @nixmap, put me down as an interested party for 2022/23 or 2023/24 if it's still going ahead then.

sure why not
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

every post an insult
see what i mean
Its a wonder your posts have not been moderated , but not my call
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@nixmap, c'mon we know there's a reason you have to carefully vet your applicants wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What is admins view on this slavery?

Does mixmap have a statue beat with a rolled up copy of the guardian?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@nixmap, c'mon we know there's a reason you have to carefully vet your applicants wink

which is what?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nixmap's posts are always polite and do not need moderating - compared to the ones from 'glove 'anton 'erry, they are like snowflakes gently floating in a breeze...…………………………. Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:
@Masque, you do know that you can buy Vicks in CH Toofy Grin

Industrial strength? and how much for 40ltr?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Masque, 40ltr ?? - now you are just boasting !!!!!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@albob, whole body immersion . . . 'tingly' Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mr.Egg wrote:
What is admins view on this slavery?

I should think he enjoys the annual posting frenzy! Remember, views mean prizes.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm just here for the comments... I'm amazed how much effort people are putting in to disagreeing with something that they clearly don't have to do, want to do, need to do, or requires any actual effort or time from them at all ... other than the objections and insults that they choose to throw around. Every. Single. Year.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Extremophile, where have you been the last 10 years? Internet forums are nothing but time waster entertainment channels like television. ok, interactive television...

That it may occasionally provides useful information is nice. But doesn't change the basic concept that it's an entertainment for most. How each individual consider "entertainment" can vary. Some enjoy throwing insults.
ski holidays
@Extremophile, people are entitled to express an opinion on something they find morally unpleasant, and to call out inappropriate behaviour when they see it. It strikes me as taking advantage of one's wealth and privileged situation to offer little but accommodation in exchange for this open ended commitment. Live in staff in central London are paid a full wage with only a slight discount even though their accommodation is included. Even au pairs are paid something! A decent person would be offering some kind of pay for this arrangement. I suspect the insults are sparked by some of the more dubious remarks/pictures above. That is the way of the internet...
snow report
abc wrote:
@Extremophile, where have you been the last 10 years? Internet forums are nothing but time waster entertainment channels like television. ok, interactive television...

That it may occasionally provides useful information is nice. But doesn't change the basic concept that it's an entertainment for most. How each individual consider "entertainment" can vary. Some enjoy throwing insults.

maybe I just don't have as much time to waste on the internet giving someone a rough time... generally I have better things to do than to ''enjoy throwing insults''.
ski holidays
Skimum1 wrote:
@Extremophile, people are entitled to express an opinion on something they find morally unpleasant, and to call out inappropriate behaviour when they see it. It strikes me as taking advantage of one's wealth and privileged situation to offer little but accommodation in exchange for this open ended commitment. Live in staff in central London are paid a full wage with only a slight discount even though their accommodation is included. Even au pairs are paid something! A decent person would be offering some kind of pay for this arrangement. I suspect the insults are sparked by some of the more dubious remarks/pictures above. That is the way of the internet...

I didn't say they weren't entitled to their opinion or to express it, i'm just amazed at the amount of effort people put in to doing so every year even though their opinion clearly hasn't changed and is still available to be read on this forum. And I just can't help but question the logic of ''calling out inappropriate behaviour'' (as you put it), by exhibiting inappropriate behaviour themselves.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything here. We're all adults and maybe what nixmap is offering appeals to someone, somewhere - maybe the individual(s) who take the offer get massive tips from owner and/or friend visits - either way, whoever takes up the offer knows what they're doing and can freely choose not to do it just as they can freely choose to do it. So I can't see why everyone seems to find it their duty to be so morrally enraged by it.

And there's me thinking the snow prick was a piece of art... who is to say what art is afterall.
snow conditions
Quote:
little but accommodation in

Food, lift pass, a season skiing, living in a cushty pad (presumably).

Ok so you have to clean sh$tty toilets, crispy sheets, cook, clean and teach/babysit the rugrats (who are probably mid-teen and can outski most of us). What's not to love?

The annual nixmap thread is top entertainment Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Accommodation in snow country is expensive. So the free accommodation is indeed quite a "payment" enough for some. Provided the "slave" actually have sufficient time to ski after finishing up the required duties.

What's getting on people's nerve is the "ski for free" part. It's clearly a bartering of labour for accommodation, which is perfectly reasonable offer (open to be negotiated on detail terms). Perhaps in nixmap's mind, the "ski for free" is a fun way to get attention, with the understanding everyone knows what's entailed. But others thought it borders exploitation of the innocent. But after year 1, I don't think anyone can argue there's any "innocent" needed to be defended. Toofy Grin

If you read the 1st year's terms and compare it with the later years, you can clearly see the "staff" duty had reduced considerably (as the "children" had grown and don't needs minding). And the terms had also gotten better, ski pass is now included which wasn't before, etc. All in all, I think it's been a fun banter to watch through the years. Nothing new these days. So the entertainment value also decreases... wink

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 3-03-21 21:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Extremophile, For your own safety you should probably leave. Sensible comments will not be tolerated! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
halfhand wrote:
Quote:
little but accommodation in

Food, lift pass, a season skiing, living in a cushty pad (presumably).

Ok so you have to clean sh$tty toilets, crispy sheets, cook, clean and teach/babysit the rug rats (who are probably mid-teen and can outski most of us). What's not to love?
Toofy Grin

That's about the size of it but time moves on, i would think you over estimate the need for toilet duties and rug rats, as one of mine is no long a teenager.
, and we don't invite unhygienic guests.
generally sheets and towels need changing and the place should be well kept but we are not there all the time, just weekends an holidays
so although that's a busy time generally Monday to Friday its all yours
Sometimes its only the young adults and their friends which can get a bit wild but they are not as particular as Mrs M.
in those cases simple rules are expected like maximum two in a bedroom, noise control and making a reasonable effort that there is no inappropriate exposure to candid cameras from afar
snow conditions
Skimum1 wrote:
@Extremophilemorally unpleasant, and to call out inappropriate behaviour .

A seasons skiing in a decent chalet attached to some expectations of some weekend chores for someone who likes to cook, yeah clearly rotten to the core.

I have never ever said its about money, its about sharing your time time to help others (who dont have much time) to enjoy themselves in the mountains , so you can enjoy more time in the mountains and share our place when its not in use.

morally unpleasant and exploitative ? What absolute nonsense do you write?
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

understandable if the OP is a HNWI

Does that mean Reeely Rich? If I were cleaning the loos for a RR person I'd expect to be paid. People volunteering on projects such as sustainable housing, or vaccine centres, or teaching refugees English or saving turtles do so because they think they are supporting a good cause.

How little you understand about the ethics of enlistment.
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

It's not about me being touchy it's about your behaviour setting the tone for the forum

Laughing How would you know about the "tone" of a forum to which you never contribute outside your own narrow interest?

I'm fairly sure you've said this before and I'm likewise fairly sure I've suggested before that it isn't true. Nix has contributed on other threads where he had relevant info to share, and the observant may have noticed he was on the "almost certainly" list for attendance on a BASH (that sadly ended up cancelled). He may be reading lots of threads but only posting when he feels has something useful to add wink

I was intending to join as a surprise, but I couldn't work out how to do this and retain some aspect of privacy
snow conditions
nixmap wrote:
I was intending to join as a surprise, but I couldn't work out how to do this and retain some aspect of privacy

You could create another account on Snowheads using a different email address and name. The only problem is that when someone on the bash asks what your Snowheads name is you can't reply 'Nixm...errr ammmm...' while trying desperately to remember that other name you only use for booking bashes! NehNeh
latest report
nixmap wrote:

I'm not fussed either way what your offer is or isn't. Also this is none of my business but what does make me wonder,
why would a person require so much privacy if a person is just going about a normal life, what would one have to hide?
latest report
nixmap wrote:

I'm not fussed either way what your offer is or isn't. Also this is none of my business but what does make me wonder,
why would a person require so much privacy if a person is just going about a normal life, what would one have to hide?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mother hucker, I'd imagine he would prefer not to receive in person what he gets from some quarters on here.
ski holidays
@Tom Doc, I doubt most of the folks on here would act the same in real time, it's the interweb effect
snow conditions
Mother hucker wrote:
@Tom Doc, I doubt most of the folks on here would act the same in real time, it's the interweb effect

I know, but in his shoes I'd be a bit wary about joining a bash if it meant everyone on the bash knowing I was Nixmap.
ski holidays
Tom Doc wrote:
nixmap wrote:

You could create another account on Snowheads using a different email address and name. The only problem is that when someone on the bash asks what your Snowheads name is you can't reply 'Nixm...errr ammmm...' while trying desperately to remember that other name you only use for booking bashes! NehNeh

Really, you think admin doesn't match ip adresses to stop that kind of fakery... I mean in general that is not unreasonable.
snow report
@nixmap, loads of people have multiple user names
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:

well that does not really sound very private then if you know it.
snow report
nixmap wrote:
Tom Doc wrote:
nixmap wrote:

Really, you think admin doesn't match ip adresses to stop that kind of fakery... I mean in general that is not unreasonable.

So you fancy going on a bash but you don't even want admin to know your real life identity?
snow report
nixmap wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

well that does not really sound very private then if you know it.

I don't know who the individuals are...thats the point of a sockpuppet. In some cases people have forgotten their username or lost access to the original email so they just create a new ID and they put it in their signature. anyway event...no admin does not stop multiple usernames
snow conditions
halfhand wrote:
nixmap wrote:
Tom Doc wrote:
nixmap wrote:

So you fancy going on a bash but you don't even want admin to know your real life identity?

Privacy in social media? Now that's a oxymoron!
ski holidays
@nixmap, You could do it, and Admin might well know that you're also Nixmap, but he might not. If he did I'd expect him to be discreet. There's no reason anyone else on the bash would know.
snow report
Tom Doc wrote:
@nixmap, You could do it, and Admin might well know that you're also Nixmap, but he might not. If he did I'd expect him to be discreet. There's no reason anyone else on the bash would know.

Unless nix is instantly recognisable (footballer, popstar, minor royalty, media mogul etc..) Laughing Laughing
latest report
@halfhand Good point. Any bookies on here willing to put up some odds? Eh oh!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy