Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has everyone written of this season then??

Poster: A snowHead
@James77, that is a real possibility, ie the virus mutates regularly, sort of like the common flu, and requires annual vaccination shots, like the flu. As you say, it may well be “years” before governments, and populaces, accept that it is part of our environment.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ulmerhutte, you really don't seem blessed with comprehension skills do you? We know you seem to be a big fan of Trump but you do seem to have a paranoia bug. Now paranoia is used by the powerful to manipulate the less thinking people. So what is it? Manipulator or less thinking?

Now for what it is worth there is a point of adult debate about what happens when the virus sticks around regardless of vaccines or mutates such that vaccines are never wholly effective? At what point and through what mechanism does the world decide that it is something we are going to have to live(or die) with? But that adult debate isn't helped by the crazies ranting about "them" putting your voting record in your vaccination record any more than those spreading 5G or pig blood conspiracy theories.

And I don't think relatively rich folk bitching about missing their ski holiday are really that much of a priority in the adult debate.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 20-01-21 11:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
two figures on the Glencoe webcam right now. jammy b×$$3rs
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ulmerhutte, @Dave of the Marmottes, now girls...play nicely! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I knew you would pop in again, with some asinine comment. You try to come across as educated and considered in your words, but your lack of class makes it obvious you are jealous of anybody above your station, which would be trailer park. Grammarly cannot hide that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ulmerhutte, QED
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
@ulmerhutte, QED

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FWIW - A reasonable way to respond to the challenge about why you were so paranoid would be to present that you were articulating on behalf of the common man unfortunately bereft of your elevated station and erudition. Then pick up the olive branch of the parameters of an adult debate.

but....class indeed Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dave of the Marmottes, why on earth would I extend an olive branch to an arrogant tw@t like you? You have again shown that you are like Sheldon, except for the IQ. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dave of the Marmottes, @ulmerhutte, any chance of leaving it now so the thread can get back on track?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@holidayloverxx, yeah, enough fun for one night. Sorry! Back to normal programming... NehNeh
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx, delighted to. Sorry was just doling out enough rope....
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Had been clinging onto the remote possibility of a ski trip late season (usually go early Feb) ... until I logged in and started reading snowheads Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
Had been clinging onto the remote possibility of a ski trip late season (usually go early Feb) ...
Feb will be fine
Paperback Writer - ie Feb 2022 rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
Had been clinging onto the remote possibility of a ski trip late season (usually go early Feb) ...
Feb will be fine
Paperback Writer - ie Feb 2022 rolling eyes

You sure about that, mountainaddict?
ski holidays
Moved Feb 21 flights to April 21, then to Feb 22! I have avios flights still for April 21 so i'll keep those just in case as i can cancel at last minute.
latest report
@ulmerhutte, Seem to be pretty abusive on this and also the Oz thread.....it's OK to disagree with others viewpoints, but abusiveness? It's your (or admin's) call, and you'll probably bad-mouth me too for sticking my nose in, but just saying.
Quote:

arrogant tw@t

....seems a bit OTT
latest report
@Markymark29, we've moved on....
ski holidays
MorningGory wrote:
@OwenM, You'll learn Very Happy

So it would seem, I guess I'll just log off and walk away from this one.
latest report
@holidayloverxx, it’s not acceptable imv but I’ll back off, seems the recent norm on this forum.
ski holidays
Moving on's not acceptable?
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
@holidayloverxx, it’s not acceptable imv but I’ll back off, seems the recent norm on this forum.

They both said sorry.

Moving on...
snow report
Quote:
Feb will be fine Paperback Writer - ie Feb 2022
Quote:
You sure about that mountainaddict?
Surely to goodness?? Er, right...?

I've written off all of 2021 - but 2022?? Shocked
snow conditions
@James77, indeed it is the worry, I don't have faith in our Government to prepare effectively for next winter, they'll vaccinate a load of people and then summer will come and that will be the end of that, they've been so complacent throughout all of this and our deathrate is the disgraceful effect of this.
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, To be fair I only said sorry to you. That the other one showed his true colours is nothing I feel I need to apologise for.

Anyway back on topic - I think we're almost certainly done for this year except those with an excuse to get into CH. Possibly a couple of the major French stations might view late March and April as a market worth going after but I bet many will be shuttered by the time vacances scholaires are done.

Next winter also isn't yet a slam dunk - I suspect there might be a summer travel season then a bit of fence sitting/no promises if infection rates rise again in the autumn.
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, yes I know...and thanks

Moving on....
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

Next winter also isn't yet a slam dunk - I suspect there might be a summer travel season then a bit of fence sitting/no promises if infection rates rise again in the autumn.

I have a horrible feeling that you may well be right, having listened to Patrick Vallance today.
ski holidays
It's all quite amusing this fraca, I may be wrong - I just have this mental image of two middle aged , balding, out of condition very pink blokes with high blood pressure frantically stabbing their keyboards muttering "take that you tw#t" talk about hand bags at dawn LOL as the younger generations would type. rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Planai, Schladming just put a new post on their website, they are closing on Feb 14th. Sad
snow conditions
@Kooky, the post looks more like the additional weekend lifts are not continuing after 14th Feb rather than a total closure to me. But I could be wrong.
latest report
@Kooky, Love Schladming, one of my favourite places to ski. Can't see that info on closure?
latest report
althouth i live in Germany i dont expect and skiing days in this season
i hope, IF i will been vaccinated until mid Oktober, that i will be able to go a week in November somewhere für glacier skiing

well....i am totally dissapointed because this season was the last for us with no school obligations (for the children)

From the next season we will be stuck with the school holidays...

but...what can i do....
latest report
I got vaccinated yesterday. Nice, but practically, I can't see it helping me to actually ski.
snow report
I'm still gutted that this season looks written off.

The thought of next season too would be too much to bear! I think we will ee the introduction of vaccine passports too, otherwise Europe will probably close the door to us anyway! Sad
snow conditions
Problem with vaccine passports is that they are very unfair to younger generations, who as well as being locked down (and suffering the economic, social and educational damage this causes) in case they pose a risk to their elders, will also be the last ones to be vaccinated.
ski holidays
Quote:

Problem with vaccine passports is that they are very unfair to younger generations

Don't worry about it. They'll be so royally Be Nice please! by next year that none of them will dream of spending what little money they have on a ski holiday.
snow conditions
snowhound wrote:
Problem with vaccine passports is that they are very unfair to younger generations, who as well as being locked down (and suffering the economic, social and educational damage this causes) in case they pose a risk to their elders, will also be the last ones to be vaccinated.

I totally agree and I really don't support that route, but I can see it happening. There are already some Cruise companies that have put in their terms that a valid vaccination 14 days before departure needs to be demonstrated... I think it's just the start.
ski holidays
snowball wrote:
I got vaccinated yesterday. Nice, but practically, I can't see it helping me to actually ski.

Great news about the vaccination! Yes, I think you're right, I'm not sure it'll help you ski this season.

It's probably one for another thread, but I also think they need to be careful about the vaccination passport approach at a time when people don't have any choice over when they are vaccinated. I could see a situation where we have a bit of a rebellion if suddenly there are a load of vaccinated 60+ year olds allowed to travel etc, if younger people are still restricted and could still be 6months plus away from being vaccinated. I can see a few younger people starting to the break the rules with the view that they were in lockdown to prevent deaths to the older/vulnerable,and now they can see those people being allowed travelling!

No evidence that there is any proposal of any kind of vaccination passport approach at this stage anyway!!!
latest report
@snowhound, yes got there before me with the same point! Recipe for disaster if they go down that route.
snow report
vaccination will not help (at moment) but soon or later without the "passport" i dont think that we could travel or skiing etc

On the other hand is a little bit unfair (also in Germany)
e.g. the teachers have a priority for the vaccination
meaning that e.g. in Pfingstferien (School holidays in May) the teachers could probably travel and we (parents with children) have to stay in home (unless we are doctors etc)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy