Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@2waterford, from Bundezminesterium website
Green Pass :

Valid for nine months after the 2nd vaccination, after which a 3rd dose is required for a valid certificate (comes into force on December 6th, 2021).
For Janssen vaccinated persons, the following applies from 03/01/2022: A second dose is required for a valid Green Passport.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great topic this, thanks for the updated info.

Anyone got a plan on what they can do with single vaxed teens, I have 2, 12 and 13 that will have their first this week.

We were planning spending Christmas in our apartment in Zell am See but I cant see any way of doing it now.

We are now thinking of pushing the trip back to Feb half term but I think my wife and I may fall foul of the 270 day limit on double vaccines under new Level 4, not currently eligible for 3rd booster

To add to all this we travel via Rotterdam so have to work out what we need to do there (P&O have no clue).

We also take our dogs with us but as they now have Irish passports they should be fine!!!!

Anyone else in a similar situation come up with a plan?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@beano, I don't think the entry requirements to Austria have changed, it is access to establishments once you get here that is the big change. So, this rule still applies:

"Children up to the age of 17 are able to enter Austria with no need to quarantine if accompanied by fully vaccinated or recovered adults, but from the ages of 12 to 17 they also have to show proof of a negative test/past infection/vaccination".

However, when you get here, you hit this:

"For hotels, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, leisure centres, gyms, cultural institutions (cinemas, theatres etc.), ski lifts and body-related services (such as hairdressers) proof of vaccination/recovery is mandatory (children under the age of 12 are exempt)." and this; "Children under 12 years are currently exempt from entry rules, for minors between 12 and 18 years, a solution is being worked on."

Let's hope the "solution" has been found by Christmas time.

As for Feb '22, I suggest you pop along to the local COVID innoculation centre about 30 mins before closing time. I'm sure you'll get your booster!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris_n wrote:
@2waterford, from Bundezminesterium website
Green Pass :

Valid for nine months after the 2nd vaccination, after which a 3rd dose is required for a valid certificate (comes into force on December 6th, 2021).
For Janssen vaccinated persons, the following applies from 03/01/2022: A second dose is required for a valid Green Passport.

Thank you, my son got an email from his hotel this morning, does anyone know if we will be ok to leave Austria January 3rd or do we need to leave the 2nd.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why is a solution needed for children aged 12-18? They can already be vaccinated and plans are underway for vaccines for younger children.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
.... "Children under 12 years are currently exempt from entry rules, for minors between 12 and 18 years, a solution is being worked on."

Let's hope the "solution" has been found by Christmas time.

That's the bit I'm puzzled about. I'm assuming it'll be all tickety-boo if the child has had a single vaccination.... AFAIK no one is doing a 2-jab vaccination for teenagers, are they?

We're planning oil St Johann for Xmas so would be fine on the adult vaccine window, our 7yo will be example but looks like I'll have to get my 12yo vaccinated pronto
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mankei wrote:
Why is a solution needed for children aged 12-18? They can already be vaccinated and plans are underway for vaccines for younger children.

UK is only currently offering 1 vaccine shot to 12-17 year olds as standard so they slip between the rules for Austria
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@beano, I feel your pain. We thought we had a plan for Christmas too! Both Mr Avago and I are double jabbed with a single vaccinated 16 year old and an under 12. We originally planned to use our Stenaline booking (booked in October 2019 for July 2020, then postponed until December 2021) thinking we would be covid-safe heading straight to our onboard cabin. We hoped to break up our journey by having an overnight stop in Germany, before heading to the Wildkogel Arena. We also have a Flexi-pass for the Eurotunnel. Which ever way we might choose to travel, all the documentation throws up something that might scupper any chance of getting to our desired destination.

Sorry I haven't offered any solutions Confused
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Specialman, Most countries are giving two jabs to the over 12s, the UK is currently not. That is creating a big issue for UK families with teenagers. Various talk of "possible solutions" but dont bet on it. I am afraid the holiday plans of UK teenagers come very low down the priority list when there far bigger issues for the Austrian government to worry about, however frustrating that may be. I have read here of families going to Ireland (or even further afield) to get a second jab for teenage kids.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@beano, you mean that it is impossible to request a second vaccine when this is the dosage recommended by the vaccine manufacturers? That seems to make little sense.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hey folks

You maybe interested in the info & comments over on the Dutch Winter Sports site

Info on Jansen validity after January 3rd ..... Also when 2G comes into force .. FFP2 masks no longer required ..

https://www.wintersport.nl/nieuws/06/11/2021/alleen-nog-gevaccineerd-of-genezen-op-wintersport-naar-oostenrijk
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
beano wrote:
Great topic this, thanks for the updated info.

Anyone got a plan on what they can do with single vaxed teens, I have 2, 12 and 13 that will have their first this week.

We were planning spending Christmas in our apartment in Zell am See but I cant see any way of doing it now.

We are now thinking of pushing the trip back to Feb half term but I think my wife and I may fall foul of the 270 day limit on double vaccines under new Level 4, not currently eligible for 3rd booster

To add to all this we travel via Rotterdam so have to work out what we need to do there (P&O have no clue).

We also take our dogs with us but as they now have Irish passports they should be fine!!!!

Anyone else in a similar situation come up with a plan?

Im in a similar situation. 2 familes with 4 with kids between 12 and 15 due to go to St Anton in Feb half term. All adults double jabbed and should get booster in time to qualify for <270 days.
Kids are all single jabbed and unlikely to get a 2nd before then. Paid flights and deposit on accomodation. Im pretty close to pulling the plug, despite being my 50th when out there, and really looking forward to it having missed this year.
We have flights into Zurich due to crazy prices to Innsbruck but entering/transiting CH looks ok
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There is a statement in the new regulations that allow under 16 year-old Austrian children to use their school 'Ninja Pass' to access 2G areas. Ninja Pass is a pass from the school to prove they are vaccinated OR tested so there is a possibility that this could apply to other children but as yet there is no regulation or guidance for this. Maybe someone (or everyone) in this position should contact tha Austrian Embassy in the UK and ask the question.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
munich_irish wrote:
@Specialman, Most countries are giving two jabs to the over 12s, the UK is currently not....

Ah... I knew trying to dodge cooking at home for Christmas by going skiing would be thwarted by red tape Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just read @stanton's link, the Dutch have a much bigger problem as a lot of them are vaccinated with Janssen (J&J).
ski holidays
Quote:
Also when 2G comes into force .. FFP2 masks no longer required ..

Whilst this actually makes sense (and I hope it is the case), I haven't seen anything to this effect on Austrian media. I wouldn't bank on it just yet, but there is time for changes before the new rules come into force next week.
latest report
@Scarlet, you should have learnt by now that @stanton, is a very unreliable source of information Madeye-Smiley . His main purpose appears to be as a wind up merchant. As I understand it cable cars, gondolas etc count as public transport for which the rules are clear. I agree it might make sense but suspect it is a legal minefield. That said 2G spaces here in Germany are generally mask free (believe that is the plan with apres ski spots).
ski holidays
@munich_irish, to be fair to @stanton that is what it says on the Dutch website in his link.
snow conditions
@munich_irish, Oh I know that wink but not everyone does.

Quote:
As I understand it cable cars, gondolas etc count as public transport for which the rules are clear

Yes, the rules are clear in that there should be access for everyone. 2G goes against that, and therefore the rules become less clear. There is no mask requirement in other 2G areas, with the exception of hospitals and care homes. Some lifts are used as public transport, so masks are going to be required there anyway, but then you get the situation where removing access with season passes doesn't work either.
snow conditions
munich_irish wrote:
@Specialman, Most countries are giving two jabs to the over 12s, the UK is currently not. That is creating a big issue for UK families with teenagers. Various talk of "possible solutions" but dont bet on it. I am afraid the holiday plans of UK teenagers come very low down the priority list when there far bigger issues for the Austrian government to worry about, however frustrating that may be. I have read here of families going to Ireland (or even further afield) to get a second jab for teenage kids.

Totally agree that UK teens are a long way down Austria's priority list and actually the current situation is the fault of neither UK or Austrian governments, jus a different approach, however try and explain to 3 boys who have been skiing 4-6 weeks per year since they were 3 years old that they may not be skiing for a second year running!!! Actually they will probably take the news with a shrug of their shoulders and a mutter of "bloody Covid" and move on as the last couple of years has really taught them to be very adaptable.

Fingers crossed for some good news for February.

Anyone want to rent an apartment for Christmas/New Year Laughing
ski holidays
The fact they could not get proof of status from the NHS App, even if they were double vaccinated, definitely IS a fault of the UK Government.
ski holidays
"FFP2 masks where 2G does not apply
At the same time, the 2G rule will eliminate the obligation to wear FFP2 masks. Wherever only vaccinated and cured people enter, you no longer have to wear a mask. This applies to all restaurants, catering, hotels and from 15 November also ski areas. FFP2 masks are mandatory in all other places, so in public transport, shops and museums. Please check the website of the ski area before departure. It may be that an area decides to apply stricter or additional rules than those determined nationally".

From @stanton 's Dutch link higher up: makes it rather easier not having to bother with FFP2 masks on every lift; the policing of vaccine/recovered status is presumably just when you buy the lift pass.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 8-11-21 16:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
munich_irish wrote:
@Scarlet, you should have learnt by now that @stanton, is a very unreliable source of information Madeye-Smiley . His main purpose appears to be as a wind up merchant. As I understand it cable cars, gondolas etc count as public transport for which the rules are clear. I agree it might make sense but suspect it is a legal minefield. That said 2G spaces here in Germany are generally mask free (believe that is the plan with apres ski spots).

He is quoting the Dutch article.

If the ticketing is properly controlled (i.e. proof of 2G when the ticket is bought - no reps bulk buying, no hotels buying) - then lifts are the same as a restaurant, or concert venue... assuming no one skins up the mountain, or that no one catches Covid somewhere else during the period of their lift pass; season tickets...how would that work...
snow conditions
@buchanan101, Yes, but as above, don't take it too seriously until you read something similar in the Austrian press or from a ski area.
snow conditions
Scarlet wrote:
@buchanan101, Yes, but as above, don't take it too seriously until you read something similar in the Austrian press or from a ski area.

True...
latest report
buchanan101 wrote:
season tickets...how would that work...

From my local area website

The 3G certificate is checked when the ski pass is purchased and is unlocked for the period of validity of the respective certificate. For example, if you provide a PCR test when purchasing a season pass, you may be handed a season pass, but it may only be unlocked for a maximum of 72 hours after the test has been taken. After that, you need to provide a new 3G certificate to continue using the season ticket.
snow report
Maybe their website hasn't been updated with latest details, but for the last couple of months the Steiermark Joker card is putting the status checking onus firmly on their partners:

https://www.steiermarkjoker.at/index.php?seitenid=12&seite=faqs

Can I buy the Styria Joker even though I cannot provide proof of 3G for the entire period?

Anyone can purchase the Styria JOKER, regardless of the current 3G status. The General Terms and Conditions are to be accepted. When using it, however, a valid proof of the low epidemiological risk, according to the respective prescription (vaccinated, recovered or tested), is required and is also controlled by the Joker partners.
snow conditions
Some useful info here regarding latest 2G regs for ski tickets
https://www.skiamade.com/en/auth/FAQ
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@VolklAttivaS5, could this be an option, no I am not Stanton Toofy Grin

ski holidays
radar wrote:
@VolklAttivaS5, could this be an option, no I am not Stanton Toofy Grin

I’ve done this but used the metal studs that are used on Jeans ( denim). Put mine on the rearmost strap give enough pull to ensure a good mask fit.
You can get the studs from Amazon.
latest report
@Yorksboy, @radar,

Lots of 3d print options
https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=Mask+ski+helmet&type=things&sort=relevant
snow conditions
@Mr.Egg, @Yorksboy, time for a new thread Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@radar, thanks, I’ve sorted it now by joining the ear loops together with a separate piece which sits comfortably on the back of my neck but still ensures a good fit. I’ve seen some people with it attached to their ski helmet but it looks too baggy and of course with my version it works with the helmet on or off.
snow report
New helmet mask thread
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156927#4849108

@VolklAttivaS5, will have a look at that.
snow conditions
Just in case it helps anyone, we downloaded the nhs app for our 17yo son and as well as his single jab qr code, there is another qr code giving the date of his positive pcr test in august. This means in Austria he is considered fully vaccinated and can now do what the rest of our double/triple jabbed family can do. Just got to hope the numbers don’t keep climbing in Austria such that we can’t go that at Christmas now!!
ski holidays
@bambionskiis, great. I thought the app was good to be fair and quick too to add the jabs (booster excluded but we know that’s being worked on as we type)
latest report
bambionskiis wrote:
Just in case it helps anyone, we downloaded the nhs app for our 17yo son and as well as his single jab qr code, there is another qr code giving the date of his positive pcr test in august. This means in Austria he is considered fully vaccinated and can now do what the rest of our double/triple jabbed family can do. Just got to hope the numbers don’t keep climbing in Austria such that we can’t go that at Christmas now!!

Is that fully vaccinated because he had COVID and recovered, and then had the jab, or because he's had his single jab? I'm, assuming the former...
snow conditions
@Specialman, yes by Austrian standards because 180 days recovered from COVID plus a single jab.
latest report
@VolklAttivaS5, fingers crossed they start adding the third one soon
latest report
bambionskiis wrote:
@Specialman, yes by Austrian standards because 180 days recovered from COVID plus a single jab.

Ah, I'm with you.

So still up in the air for single jab 12-18yo whether they're classed as vaccinated or not.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy