Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2020/2021 (Dec 4 to April 25)

Poster: A snowHead
Well, we actually prefer Madloch->Lech.
Followed by a great lunch at Hotel Omesberg, Post or Arlberg
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Langerzug, I'd rather ski Madloch - Zug, then head over to Rud Alpe for a late lunch, followed by a couple of Spritzers at the Hotel Kone end of the ski day. I've stayed in both Lech and Zug several times and either of them better placed than St Anton (much busier) for access to some great skiing without the hoards.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skimastaaah, that’s the great thing about skiing Madloch to Lech: a private very pretty piste. Whilst toward Zug can be rather St.Anton-like...
And Rudalpe is too busy for our taste too Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/tliRFJyvfaI

_______________________________________________________________________________________-

Weather

The end of the Winter Drought..

Huge snowfall

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IT was nice to skin up get some sliding in early this morning in Sonnenkopf.

Rain & Snow Conditions. Temperature was dropping and was beginning to dump quite heavy o departure.

Probably going to get a minimum 0.5 metre out of this I go for upwards of 0.75 Metre New above 2300M

Now back in Basel ...

I saw a notice which said staying Open until 05.04.2021 I

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Lets give it up for Ischgl Very Happy Shocked Shocked

http://youtube.com/v/tYYuat1Mefc

http://youtube.com/v/89ww_8P-26s
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@stanton, Can you please stick to your new 21/22 thread?
The Covid/Ischgl issue is getting very boring. Simple fact: There were many (hundreds, if not thousands)
doctors skiing that week in Ischgl and all of the Alps. They brought the virus to the Netherlands, the hospitals that is...
Apparantly even they thought it was safe enough...Are we to blame the Austrians then???

So, let’s move on to more pleasant subjects (again):
The chairs of the old (52 years, 15 million skiers transported) Zugerbergbahn are for sale!! Madeye-Smiley
https://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=991&start=6250
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Epic POW this morning down from Galzig....

Typical Spring POW conditions ..descent temperature spread of 8 degrees ..

Just been speaking with a Local who says it should clear up a little by tomorrow but some more coming at the weekend Very Happy Very Happy

Very Happy

____________________________________________________________________-

Can you keep next seasons developments on the New Thread

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154955
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:
Epic POW this morning down from Galzig....

Typical Spring POW conditions ..descent temperature spread of 8 degrees ..

Just been speaking with a Local who says it should clear up a little by tomorrow but some more coming at the weekend ….

stanton wrote:
Hey Folks….

STAY AT HOME

Hmmm… long way from home, @Stanton?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Its different for him. He's special.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:
IT was nice to skin up get some sliding in early this morning in Sonnenkopf.

Rain & Snow Conditions. Temperature was dropping and was beginning to dump quite heavy o departure.

Probably going to get a minimum 0.5 metre out of this I go for upwards of 0.75 Metre New above 2300M

Now back in Basel ...

stanton wrote:

Hey Folks….

STAY AT HOME

Not sure skiing qualifies as "essential travel"?

I am sure the Swiss will appreciate your efforts to bring the South African variant back to Basel
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ulmerhutte, @munich_irish,

Was all good... Yep I can X border travel to Germany & Austria

Day Trip

This was the second day trip same procedure , same test results.

Tested within 24hours in Zurich , this is good for a return trip PCR & Antibodies Test.

All was good to go so means I probably had the virus (asymptomatic) at some time without knowing it like so many millions of people who are mostly asymptomatic and have kept strictly to the rules the last 12 months..

Not vaccinated & do not intend to either. Nature works if left alone ...

This Border control test results is all asked is all done with QR Codes even on the Train !!

Quarantine Rules in Switzerland apply in certain circumstances... From Next week the List Of Austrian States on the Black list is massively expanded but not Tirol or Vorarlberg.

Being tested is for Day Trips is not Cheap in Switzerland

I am not sure how the will handle Tourism in Austria for next winter or anywhere ...even this summer .

EU Vaccination Passport may help but nearly 30-40% of EU Citizens (especially the young) do not want a vaccination and it will not be a requirement with Schengen..

Could possibly end up with nightmare inverse situation where the incoming vaccinated tourists will be mixing with Natures heard immune folks and become the actual risk to themselves because the efficacy is not 100% ...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________-
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Darwinism case-study right there
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nature works, try telling that to families who have lost loved ones due to Covid!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Langerzug wrote:
The chairs of the old (52 years, 15 million skiers transported) Zugerbergbahn are for sale!! Madeye-Smiley
https://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=991&start=6250

Not sure if the chairs are 52 years old as it got a complete overhaul in '88.

Stanton, just because you can does not mean you should, why do you even feel the need to say this? Stay at home indeed. (Besides I thought a quarantine was still in effect and tourist travel still not possible, guessing this is just a troll)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hsdee wrote:

Stanton, just because you can does not mean you should, why do you even feel the need to say this? Stay at home indeed. (Besides I thought a quarantine was still in effect and tourist travel still not possible, guessing this is just a troll)

Cos it's Stanton innit rolling eyes
snow report
@hsdee, this type of chairs is definitely pre-1988
ski holidays
I’m surprised Stanton’s daytrip over the border from Basel to Sonnenkopf in Ländle was feasible. As I understand it, the mandatory quarantine requirement is still in effect for those entering Austria from Switzerland & skiing is not a permitted exception. Also the Austrians have a rule that only Tagesreisende (or those with second homes in some circumstances) are permitted to ski in Austrian ski areas. When I myself skied in Sonnenkopf two weeks ago, I was asked for proof of local residence before they would sell me a day ticket. (I have year‘s pass for Silvretta Montafon Brand usw but that only covers Sonnenkopf in Summer)..
ski holidays
@Bergsteiger278,
Quote:

I’m surprised Stanton’s daytrip over the border from Basel to Sonnenkopf in Ländle was feasible

Exactly, did he go? Only he knows.
snow conditions
@Markymark29, you have to understand. There are exceptions for very important people... I'll say no more.
ski holidays
@Steilhang, Indeed. Makes a mockery of all his previous protestations re Stay Home etc...... rolling eyes
ski holidays
Q: How do you spell knob in Dutch?

A: S T A N T O N
latest report
I should also point out that Basel to Dalaas (where Sonnenkopf is) takes a minimum of 6 hours ONE way either by public transport or by car. There are currently mandatory border checks in place (on the train at Buchs SG & on all road borders) at which the pre-cleared “Einreise Formular” (inward) & quarantine compliance (outward) are checked in detail & penalties are issues. Oddly enough I was discussing the difficulties of travelling to & from Zurich from the Vorarlberg with my neighbour only a couple of days back. (She is a self employed arts critic based out of Zurich & Bludenz & has had great difficulty in getting an exemption for “Pendlerstatus” (i.e regular cross border commuter) ..she has been checked every time she has crossed the border in the last couple of months)...
snow report
Bergsteiger278 wrote:
I should also point out that Basel to Dalaas (where Sonnenkopf is) takes a minimum of 6 hours ONE way either by public transport or by car. There are currently mandatory border checks in place (on the train at Buchs SG & on all road borders) at which the pre-cleared “Einreise Formular” (inward) & quarantine compliance (outward) are checked in detail & penalties are issues. Oddly enough I was discussing the difficulties of travelling to & from Zurich from the Vorarlberg with my neighbour only a couple of days back. (She is a self employed arts critic based out of Zurich & Bludenz & has had great difficulty in getting an exemption for “Pendlerstatus” (i.e regular cross border commuter) ..she has been checked every time she has crossed the border in the last couple of months)...

4 hours normally by car, without border controls, using A3 and A1.
latest report
You must drive faster than me - I usually do Basel to Bludenz in 5 hours + a “tanken” stop...Dalaas is about 30 mins further on...but we are drifting off thread..
latest report
@Bergsteiger278, google maps has this down as a 2H51 journey via St.Gallen, Dornbirn, Feldkirch... It's not usually that far wrong.
snow conditions
I think this is the first time I have ridden a lift & taken a Foto in 6 or 7 seasons.

A little OFF Piste from the Arlberg today ... Empty Autobahn corduroy Shocked

How do people spend thousands of Euros to ski this groomed carpet crap all day and not get bored ? Shocked Shocked

Guess Where?

ski holidays
I'm special, so special....

http://youtube.com/v/0H6re3PCP3E
latest report
I wonder at what point will Snowheads require a vaccine certificate before folk are allowed to post? It might improve the level of contributions around here.

@kitenski, my first proper job was as a lighting roadie on a Pretenders tour just after this song was a big hit, two of the band (James Honeyman Scott and one whose name I cant remember) both died young from "sex & drugs & rock n roll" disease. Rather a long time ago!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@munich_irish, wow proper kudos!!
snow report
@kitenski, not sure about that, I think it just makes me old Sad
snow conditions
Steilhang wrote:
@Bergsteiger278, google maps has this down as a 2H51 journey via St.Gallen, Dornbirn, Feldkirch... It's not usually that far wrong.

Google maps' calculation is based on driving at the maximum appropriate speed limit for every metre and km, non stop for the entire journey. In other words, to match it you have to be on the throttle, given that there will be some places of slow traffic/hold ups. But it is entirely doable in Google time and in instances of empty roads I've bettered it.
snow conditions
@munich_irish, saw them at Bradford University 78/79 ish, excellent band at that time, first album tour I believe.
ski holidays
@munich_irish, wow takin' me back as well. I think if Chrissie or any other woman ever said to me that she was "goin' use my, my imagination", I imagine I'd pass out! Sorry for the thread drift, I blame you Very Happy
snow report
@Markymark29, I was almost certainly there. We did a number of university gigs but cant really remember which ones. I avoided some of the usual excesses associated with music touring at the time (The Pretenders were probably worse than many....) even so the succession of gigs with not much sleep in between is rather a blur at this distance in time. I seem to remember that UB40 were the support act.

All a long way from skiing in the Arlberg Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
@munich_irish, that was the one, UB40 support too, was a great gig.....that’s a coincidence eh? Chrissie Hind voice awesome.....brass in pocket going on my Spotify, now!
ski holidays
Anyone know anything about this https://www.tt.com/artikel/30786387/anonyme-bombendrohung-in-st-anton-familie-und-20-nachbarn-evakuiert . Seems like an odd thing to be happening in St Anton.
latest report
Allegedly the perp was an 18 years old and a family acquaintance. As terrifying it was for the family, I don’t think this counts as terrorism. I wonder if the motive will come out.
snow conditions
ORF are just saying that the police have leads but are not saying anything more for tactical reasons... Where do you get the info about the family acquaintance? Does @stanton have acquaintances in the area?
snow report
Steilhang wrote:
ORF are just saying that the police have leads but are not saying anything more for tactical reasons... Where do you get the info about the family acquaintance? Does @stanton have acquaintances in the area?

From the article, via Google Translate:

Quote:
Family acquaintance under suspicion

As the police announced in a broadcast that evening, an 18-year-old suspect - an acquaintance of the family - could be investigated. However, the man did not confess in the course of an initial interrogation.

Investigations had shown that the call was made from a telephone number created by technical means. A cell phone and a computer were seized from the 18-year-old.
snow conditions
@ulmerhutte, guess I should learn to read articles to the end!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy