Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
deeppow wrote:
The only problem with fat skis is old gondolas as you have to split them and take up two slots so you get some dogey looks when its busy.But id buy black crows atris if I could but I dont rate the soul7 as I found them to hooky

I've just got myself a pair of the atris having demo'd a pair the other week. Couldn't keep the smile off my face when I did, so much fun to ride. Not had chance to use them off piste in earnest yet, but looking forward to it.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
deeppow wrote:
The only problem with fat skis is old gondolas as you have to split them and take up two slots so you get some dogey looks when its busy.

I had to put mine side by side in a snowboard slot, as they were too fat and also twin tip so you couldn't get the tails in a ski slot when the skis were together. Spent the whole time in the gondola worrying about them falling out.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In some gondolas I can often get mine both into the slot if I slide one up against the other by 10 cm or so before loading, so I put the tails in one after the other rather than both at the same time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
J2R wrote:
In some gondolas I can often get mine both into the slot if I slide one up against the other by 10 cm or so before loading, so I put the tails in one after the other rather than both at the same time.

Did try that, and maybe could have done it if it weren't for the time pressure Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just pull them apart and put them in the gondola slot with the bindings facing outwards, works for me Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wonder if all the commentators on the alleged uselessness of fat skis on piste have actually tried them. I can assure you all that I was very pleasantly surprised to find that my Volkl BMT 122s (sold as 90% off / 10% on piste) are far more fun on piste than my old Rossi S80s despite being 11cm longer. Being full length rocker they do demand a little precision in fore aft balance - else it gets a little unstable - but I find this a benefit because they give stacks of feedback and turn on a sixpence despite a measured 38m sidecut radius.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I skied the soul 7's last month, I found them very good in powder but to say they were sketchy on the piste would be an understatement. I'm 185cm and 100kg.

It was a bit disconcerting when they started waving at me on a schuss. Very Happy

I used the K2 Hardside last year which although marginally less good in the deep stuff were light years better on piste and tracked snow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
geeo wrote:
99% of people always recommended a ski they own no one ever says don't buy these I got them and they are rubbish. Maybe that's only to be expected its better than folk recommending something they ain't tried.. I dunno I just think its a pretty pointless question on something very subjective.you really are best trying some . Now you have like 10 diff pairs mentioned here what do you base your choice on.

I bought a pair of Movement Thunders, didn't work for me and I posted as such on here. I sold them on. They were too stiff for me.

But you have a point... Very Happy

How many people are in a position to or want to try 5-10 different skis out?

Logic dictates that there are going to be a few ski's you really don't like, a few that are exceptional and whole chunk in the middle, that are perfectly acceptable and do the job.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have the Soul 7s with F12s. These are my ideal holiday punter one ski quiver. They are fun on the pistes (not too fast), fun off the piste and I can tour on them too. They'd be rubbish to "charge" on but I'm past that now, you can't crud bust on them and on an icy skin track they are a little scary (break out the couteaux) but these drawbacks are massively outweighed by the fact that they are really, really fun.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Layne wrote:

Everyone that came to the October ski tests, frequently on EoSB and even Pre Season trips, loads of skis around to play with and try out.

Personally I often find myself swapping skis with mates on trips, which means I can try out the skis they are raving about, and lend each other skis for trips to do the same. Easy way to give at least a shortlist a try. This is how we end up with loads of us deeply in love with Whitedots, between us we get to try out a load of skis and everyone seems to gravitate towards them when it comes to buying their new skis.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitedot Director
Blizzard Cochise
Kastle BMX 105
Movement Trust
Movement Flycatcher
Rossi Soul 7

All skis in that size that work really well but some quite different skis in the mix
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Layne wrote:

That'll be me then snowHead snowHead snowHead

Use Octobertest to hone down the choice then beg, borrow or sell your gran to try the favourites on real slopes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy