Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why are girls so much worse than guys?

Poster: A snowHead
I thought the women's moguls was pretty good and the canuckistani sisters very deserving of their win, Hannah Kearney not so much. But Billodeau was a masterclass in the men's and Gagnon and Deneen's speed were incredible. Light years apart if you put the performances side by side. Plus the obvious hatred of each other in the men's canuckistani team was a bonus bit of intrigue.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DB wrote:
emwmarine wrote:
Most skiing and road cycling I prefer to watch the women's events.

I feel the same way about Football.

http://youtube.com/v/jKzujiHV_wg

The rules should be changed to disallow the wearing of bikini tops. T-shirts only please Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
emwmarine wrote:
miranda wrote:
FullyTucked, how brave of you to have that as your "first post". Welcome to snowHeads wink

Possibly demonstrates why snow heads shouldn't allow multiple user ids.

It actually is my first post.

Do you disagree with what i said?

It is pretty much a fact.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes I do disagree.

Women have different capabilities, it doesn't mean they are any worse. Take road cycling, the women's olympic road race was a much better race than the men's race.

The men were quicker but not better.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Err quicker means better in a race Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FullyTucked wrote:

This.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Quote:

banging on about it being BORING and awful is hardly inspiring for the young girls we should be hoping want to take up the gauntlet.

F*CK ugly armchair muppets. Those girls were amazing. One wrong move and they end up with a broken neck.

FIFY Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/Asx-sdSI2HU
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OK come on admit it ladies, us men are awesome ...

http://youtube.com/v/bRJ54m0EHv8
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jimmer wrote:
FullyTucked wrote:

This.

Men are stronger than women. There are many, many sports where a men with inferior technique and skill could beat female competitors using sheer force alone; personally I don't think this makes them necessarily "better" athletes, and it would be pretty boring to watch.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 12-02-14 9:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob wrote:
Plus the obvious hatred of each other in the men's canuckistani team was a bonus bit of intrigue.

ha ha, that's of course "bitchiness" when sportswomen behave like that.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
miranda wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Plus the obvious hatred of each other in the men's canuckistani team was a bonus bit of intrigue.

ha ha, that's of course "bitchiness" when sportswomen behave like that.

Yeah but the women appear to present a much more pally public image (must be all that practice in practicing bitchiness in private wink )
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
miranda wrote:
jimmer wrote:
FullyTucked wrote:

This.

Men are stronger than women. There are many, many sports where a men with inferior technique and skill could beat female competitors using sheer force alone; personally I don't think this makes them necessarily "better" athletes, and it would be pretty boring to watch.

It may be more INTERESTING for TV audience. But doesn't make women event "better".

Why must we sugarcoat everything? Women slopestyle was really boring to watch because the girls didn't pull any tricks they seem to be quite capable of in halfpipe or freestyle. The question is WHY?

The gap between men and women on halfpipe and freestyel (and for that matter, mogul) are much smaller than what we saw on slopestyle. So it's only fair to say the women were "so much worse" than men, because there were.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
emwmarine wrote:
Yes I do disagree.

Women have different capabilities, it doesn't mean they are any worse. Take road cycling, the women's olympic road race was a much better race than the men's race.

The men were quicker but not better.

I cant think of any events were the women are better than men....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eddiethebus wrote:

If only the Olympics had topless darts wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eddiethebus wrote:

Google tells me open water Marathon swims

http://www.active.com/swimming/articles/men-vs-women-in-endurance-sports?page=2

I think you are kind of missing the point though, people watch sports at all levels and find it interesting, if they didn't there would only be the Premier League and no Division 1 etc. in football. Fastest isn't always most entertaining either, everyone has seen really awful skiers bomb down a slope relying on balance rather than any skiing technique or skill. I agree the tricks the girls did the snowboard slopestyle were not as big as in the mens event but I still enjoyed watching it as did many others.
snow conditions
abc wrote:

Why must we sugarcoat everything? Women slopestyle was really boring to watch because the girls didn't pull any tricks they seem to be quite capable of in halfpipe or freestyle. The question is WHY?

I'm not sugarcoating anything - I genuinely found it exciting to watch. The excitement was no doubt enhanced by the fact that a British woman (and I'm British) was set to get the first ever British Olympic medal on snow… and she did! This made it tense and exciting and she was edged out of silver position by someone who might not have done such a clean run but who did something more daring, and that means the women's slope style sport is moving in the right direction (i.e.) to catch up with with the tricks people are achieving in other disciplines.
ski holidays
lynseyf wrote:
eddiethebus wrote:

Google tells me open water Marathon swims

http://www.active.com/swimming/articles/men-vs-women-in-endurance-sports?page=2

I think you are kind of missing the point though.

No, i'm not.

That aside, how does my inability to think of a sport where women are faster or more athletic than men mean that i'm somehow missing the point?!?
latest report
eddiethebus wrote:

That aside, how does my inability to think of a sport where women are faster or more athletic than men mean that i'm somehow missing the point?!?

That wasn't the point you were missing
latest report
The Olympics aren't just about speed and who's the quickest - look at Ice Skating for example.

I prefer watching someone like the late and great Doug coombs skiing steep powder than Hermann Maier skiing a downhill.
ski holidays
miranda wrote:
abc wrote:

I'm not sugarcoating anything - I genuinely found it exciting to watch. The excitement was no doubt enhanced by the fact that a British woman (and I'm British) was set to get the first ever British Olympic medal on snow… and she did! This made it tense and exciting and she was edged out of silver position by someone who might not have done such a clean run but who did something more daring, and that means the women's slope style sport is moving in the right direction (i.e.) to catch up with with the tricks people are achieving in other disciplines.

Well I found it boring because I was expecting certain level of performance based on how women halfpipe and freestyle is.

As for the pulling for a certain winner, it's never my thing. And that's probably why I prefer to watch men's event over women event (except perhaps gymnastic)
latest report
abc, I take your point but, as much as there's no point sugarcoating something, there's also no need to pour a bucket of sh*t over it. I've repeatedly made the point that more daring stuff was rewarded more than a perfectly clean run, which suggests a positive move for the sport.

abc wrote:

As for the pulling for a certain winner, it's never my thing. And that's probably why I prefer to watch men's event over women event (except perhaps gymnastic)

…Pulling for a particular athlete… yes, guilty as charged - they are by no means necessarily someone of the same nationality as me, though… but if you think that doesn't go on in men's sports, then… um… really?!

Spirit, resilience, hard work and, yes, luck (on top of skill, or strength, or technique) are all part of what makes me a sports fan. I am a supporter of there being different divisions and categories in sports.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy