Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Drink-skiing?

Have you ever skied under the influence of alcohol?
Of course not, it would be dangerous and irresponsible
12%
 12%  [ 11 ]
Rarely, and just the one
25%
 25%  [ 23 ]
A couple of glasses with lunch, maybe a vin chaud...
41%
 41%  [ 37 ]
Occasional bad lapse - but I'm always in control
11%
 11%  [ 10 ]
Yes why not, ok I fall over a bit more but it hurts less
10%
 10%  [ 9 ]
Voted : 6
Total Votes : 90

Poster: A snowHead
PG, go on.......dangle a little bit of bait for us to grab at......
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mark Lehto, So following that logic through, it's ok to drive down the motorway in the early hours, at several times the legal limit? Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Exactly... as long as you travel at 35 mph so as to avoid suspicion!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh boy!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mark Lehto, If you travel at 35 mph on the motorway you'll be pulled up in no time!.... Especially in the likes of France, where the minimum speed limit on the motorway is 80 kph I think. Not sure that there isn't a minimum motorway speed in the UK - there used to be.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I dont think there is a minimum here but I am willing to to be told otherwise.
And 35 mph is the sort of cunning plan us drunkards come up with!
(luckily).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As an addition to the previous discussion on Scottish Malts, I was always told that a gentleman drank whisky that was older than his girlfriend.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mark Lehto, Just be careful you don't run over any strange wildlife you may spot.....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't think there is a minimum speed limit on UK motorways. If there was, the police could have a field day with the M25, M6 etc.

If you drive slowly you'd definitely bring attention to yourself, and if you were causing a nuisance to others could that be driving without due care and attention?

At the risk of keeping this Off Topic, can anyone remember where there are minimum speed limits (complete with signs)? I've seen them somewhere, possibly the Dartford Tunnel or Clifton Suspension Bridge.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alan Craggs, if your Vin Chaud is made of an azeotropic mixture of alcohol and water, I bet your parties are wild affairs (but possibly rather short-lasting).
thewhiskystore wrote:
a mixture is produced (95.6% ethanol, 4.4% water) whose vapor pressure is constant. This is called an azeotropic mixture
If anyone tried to light a cigarette, your party would definitely "go with a bang" Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pete Horn, I have a feeling that they might have them on the Mersey Tunnels Puzzled
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kramer, that's always been my philosophy ! Cool snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tried the online Highway Code and there are road signs illustrated for a minimum speed limit and the end of it but I couldn't find any references to where they might be applied ?
Decided to link to the code anyway - might come in handy for snowHeads taking driving lessons or (like me) needing a refresher on the rules and regulations.

On topic I take the point about the alcohol in Vin Chaud being trapped in a sealed container and condensing back into the brew. Will be more careful with the stuff in future. Hick.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kuwait_ian wrote:
Tried the online Highway Code and there are road signs illustrated for a minimum speed limit and the end of it but I couldn't find any references to where they might be applied ?

Minimum speed limits only apply where there's an Order to say they do....just like 30 limits. There's no national minimum speed on any road but the police can (and do) stop people for going too slowly if they consider it dangerous under the "Due Care" legislation.

Sorry....a moment of seriousness overcame me there....must go and get a drink! Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There was a case reported on the news of a Scottish lady being prosecuted for travelling at 5mph on a bank holiday, resulting in tail backs of miles.

There's certainly a law that states any slow moving vehicle must pull over whenever reasonable to allow following traffic to pass.
snow conditions
Shortly after Britain's first dual carriageway, the Winchester by-pass opened back in the 30's (1936?), my grandfather was stopped on it by the police for driving too slowly. His excuse "It's my wife, she won't let me go any faster!"

His wife (my grandmother obviously), survived long enough to be driven around Cornwall by me. She must have been terrified by my speeds.
snow report
What you need sir is a crap car! My last one got killed by them thar cornish 'ills.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy